Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
21 North St.
Medfield, MA 02052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zebrasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5083594100x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: Bar opens at 4:30pm, Dining Room opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Pelley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Zebra's "sister company" is Perfect Pear Catering. As a premium boutique
caterer, Perfect Pear Catering works with their clients to plan every detail
of their event, from the menu to the table setting, and beyond. Our goal is
to exceed your expectations and wow your guests, whether it’s a wedding for
250 or a small summer outing for 25 held at your home. Peruse our on-line
menu selections at www.PerfectPearCatering.com as a starting point in
designing your event and then let us customize a perfect event for you and
- Private Party Facilities: Make Zebra's your own, or have our "sister" catering companey, Perfect Pear Catering help you celebrate at another venue!
Whether you want the perfect weding, to entertain importanct clients, or a baby shower brunch with family and friends we will make you the perfect host.
Call Judy for details (508)359-4406
- Private Party Contact: Judy Beck 5083594406x
- Cross Street: Rt. 109
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Although most guest find it easier to park on the street in front of the restaurant (on North St.), Zebra’s Bistro also has a parking lot in the back and a few spots on the side of the restaurant both accessible from Jane’s Ave (off of Main St – Rte 109)
A word from Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
Awarded "Best of Boston 2014" by Boston Magazine for Best Restaurant, General Excellence, WestContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Medfield ›
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (73)romantic (54)notable wine list (54)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant!!smk1983Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. All around delightful restaurant. We recommend highly! Such a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In The BurbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Intimate, upscale little gem in Medfield Center. The food was delicious. The service was a 10. The menu choices were not elaborate but they were enticing. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Still Love Zebra'sJoeInBostonVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have been coming here for years. It's like driving into Boston to dine without the traffic.Special Features:
- yumyumDined on 7/11/2014Another wonderful experience. The chef is creative yet not way out..... lots of flavor and nice presentations. The waitstaff is pleasant and knowledgeable. Looking forward to the next special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerepicureanDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I went to Zebra when it first opened. The food was very good then and it still is. It is a restaurant that I would go to on a special occaion. I love that fact that their servings portions are perfect!Special Features:
- What's all the hype?RinneDined on 7/7/2014The dollar oysters on Monday evenings and our delightful server were the highlights of our dinner. There is no doubt that Zebra's only uses the highest quality foods available, but the menu was terribly uninspiring. We struggled to find an entree and ended up ordering an $18 hamburger and the chicken. Perhaps we're just not "foodie" enough for this establishment?
- I was impresseddontgohereDined on 7/5/2014Had a really great time ! Our server was knowledgeable, professional, and had a strong understanding of anticipating guest needs. The hostesses gave an amazing welcome at the door. Food outstanding 5 stars! Wine 5 stars !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra restaurantBirtDined on 7/3/2014A wonderful find for excellent dining in local area. Chicken and steak dish both outstanding. Honey's chocolate cake fantastic!Special Features:
- MCM17Dined on 7/2/2014I have been to Zebra's many times and it never fails to be a wonderful dining experience with superb food, attentive waitstaff and a willingness to answer any questions about the menu. I always recommend to colleagues and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014We come here a lot. Food and service are almost always very good ! Have had very few subpar experiences over the yearsSpecial Features:
- Steak tartar and Darcie KentDana92484Dined on 6/28/2014Order the steak tartar because it will change your life! And then order a glass of the Darcie Kent!Special Features:
- The following 1047 reviews are from the Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Tasters choiceDnmrjDined on 6/25/2014The chef's tasting was a fun and eclectic experience, which we also paired with wine tasting flights of both reds and whites. The dishes were creative and unique; and each was a surprise based on what was fresh and struck a creative chord with the chef. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningLocalFoodieDined on 6/22/2014Very good food--especially the burger!--and the key to having a quiet meal is to dine on their patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent!CallistoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went to Zebra's for a birthday celebration, and what a fine choice it was! The chef continues his high quality of design and food prep, making this restaurant a reliable choice for an excellent culinary experience. Service was also quite fine - warm and professional. Only small complaint is that the outdoor chairs (which are comfortable by themselves) are a bit low to the tables. But it is nice to have an al fresco option during nice weather. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not happy!MegsDined on 6/18/2014Been coming here since it opened - usually saving this for for special occasions. We were very disappointed with the menu selections and settled for a burger for our anniversary. Why? We don't eat soft shell crab, oysters, or lamb which is limiting, we know. However, this has never been a problem before. The kale and Romaine Caesar salad was delicious and the burger just ordinary. We mentioned it was our anniversary and were treated with a treat from the kitchen of 3 raspberries and 2 bites of Rice Krispy's-like treats. Very odd. Not sure we'll come for the next birthday.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFranklinDinerDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had a dinner at Zebra's last weekend. The hostess greeted us with a positive demeanor with compliments for my wife's attire. (Great way to start the dining experience.) We had a reservation, and the table was ready as soon as we asked to be seated. The service staff was knowledgable, friendly and attentive to our requests. We had a couple of questions about the menu, and the answers provided were accurate and guided us to delicious meal decisions. I enjoyed the yellowfin tuna poke as a starter, and we both had delicious entrees (the roasted chicken was very good). I highly recommend Zebra's for a nice, dinner as a couple or with other friends. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the neighborhoodcookieDined on 6/13/2014I wanted to catch up with my son over some fine dining, but not travel into Boston. The food was delicious and fresh. Service was super.Special Features:
- eehhh for the pricerlevDined on 6/10/2014The service was very good. The food was disappointing for this level of pricing ...
- Happy AnniversaryDanke2uDined on 6/8/2014Occasion recognized by staff, friendly congratulations generously shared, noted in chocolate by chef. Thanks for a nice evening of good food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrcrsiegelVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent as usual! Great place to go for great quality, innovative food without having to go in to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsFoodiefindVIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is in the suburbs, but it had the menu and style of Boston. Very interesting cocktails and the small menu assured us that the food would be fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAleatsDined on 6/6/2014Gracious and friendly staff. A relatively small menu that showed broad diversity throughout all courses. Food was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. Good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Staff was friendly, food very good, ambiance very good, service excellent. Great place for a long and relaxing dinner if you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDaveDined on 5/30/2014We arrived on time for dinner and were seated immediately. The restaurant discontinued their sushi menu since I had last visited. The main menu has interesting choices, but I felt offered too few. There was only a single entree offered as a special. But the meals selected were nicely prepared and garnished with interesting vegetables. Overall, the food was good, the service excellent, and the evening enjoyable. The surprise birthday dessert was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Zebra's TimeschadmilleDined on 5/26/2014Had a great dinner there with excellent service and great ambience. ....very quiet. We will definitely return to try other things from the menu and dine outside on the terrace. The bar is a comfortable, cozy spot for a drink too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outbrunchloverDined on 5/24/2014sharing the evening with dear friends food,wine superb certainly not a surprise at Zebra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great night at ZebrasoutoftownerDined on 5/23/2014I had been to Zebras previously, as a relative lives in the area. This time, the service was only so-so. We waited 10 minutes for a wait person to ask us if we wanted a drink to start (plus he called me darling, which I found offensive). I ordered the special, which was already gone (it was only 7:30 pm) so I ordered a different dish, which was good, but not what I wanted. My relative had to send her dish back to the kitchen, as it tasted "off." All in all - not a great night at Zebras. I will not be in a hurry to return there.
- Mothers Day BrunchTelguy1Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have had dinner several times over the last few years. As usual Zebra's served a great brunch with several options to pick from. The food was served hot and all meals arrived at the same time. There were 9 of us for brunch. Everyone enjoyed their food. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Positives 1) had seating on time 2) service was excellent Negitives 1) not a great menu selection 2) oysters were small 3) overall food was fairSpecial Features:
- Nice local Mother's Day optionpatrish95Dined on 5/11/2014Dined with Mother-in-law and two kids (5 and 18mo). Nice brunch selections. Definitely enjoyed the special Mimosa offerings. Would have liked one or two additional "kid" friendly options (they both ended up with french toast) - there were MANY children eating during the 12:30 seating, but the meal was good. Server was pleasant. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchExpectedmoreDined on 5/11/2014A bit let down by recent brunch experience. With it being Mother's Day (mostly families dining) was hoping for a specific kids offering (both in price and food). On the 2 courses offered in the price fix. Steak and eggs (sunny side) did not include toast. Service staff was more focused on turning and prepping tables than table-side manners.
- Always impeccablerguliaDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have become regulars at Zebra, as we dine there at least once a month. Every time I order something new. Their menu is relatively short, which means that the chef really focuses on the few dishes offered and the night's specials. And it changes frequently, with the change of season, so that for us, even being regulars, there's always something new and extraordinary to discover. I had veal shank marrow, deliciously served with red onion, sea salt and garlic bruschetta. And rabbit ragout on home made fettucine. My wife had a risotto with salmon. The execution was perfect. The taste was incredible. The service is outstanding. Impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGranainoDined on 5/10/2014Fabulous and elegant, I loved that the chef sent out a sample salmon appetizer. Rolls were delicious, I'd like to see olive oil instead of butter. Desserts from honeys bakery fabulous! Salmon was cooked perfectly and was delicious.Special Features:
- I love this place!TorchyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Zebra's is the best. The food is awesome and the staff is friendly and attentive - often anticipating my requests before I have even formulated the thoughts! Now that's service!Special Features:
- All greatsjoewVIPDined on 4/26/2014great food great service. but bring ear plugs. also.cheese service was overpricedSpecial Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014We really enjoyed it. Food was good, different. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good to ExcellentLCOTE123Dined on 4/21/2014The food, service and atmosphere were above what my friend and I had expected. My only less favorable comment was that the decaf coffee was rather tasteless. Zebra could win in a competition with several well known Boston restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Easter Brunch!!!Musiclover1013Dined on 4/20/2014Too bad Zebra's only does brunch twice a year as they really do a wonderful job. Both my wife and I very much enjoyed the 2 course prix fixe brunch. It had everything we've come to expect from Zebra's; great service, well crafted cocktails, amazing flavor, and beautiful plating. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service; odd menuPattyapolloDined on 4/11/2014My husband had the lamb ragu and I had a fish dish that was had a nice sauce and accompanying vegetables. I'm not sure I would ever select a pig head (a menu item) for dinner. And a rhubarb soup for desert was strange too. The were 2 chocolate deserts; not my fave.Special Features:
- Wonderful Suburban RestaurantTonyKDined on 4/4/2014Our birthday celebratory meal was delicious from appetizer to dessert. Our waiter was also very attentive, regularly checking up on us and refilling the water glasses. The menu has a French flair. The Oysters on the half shell and chilled shrimp were very tasty. My wife had the Atlantic Pollock special and I had the Bauvette steak frites, both wonderful. We ended our meal with a flourless chocolate cake topped with an interesting beet sorbet and raspberry compote. We are also members of the Zebra's reward program for frequent diners and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: