Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
21 North St.
Medfield, MA 02052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zebrasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5083594100x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: Bar opens at 4:30pm, Dining Room opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Pelley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Zebra's "sister company" is Perfect Pear Catering. As a premium boutique
caterer, Perfect Pear Catering works with their clients to plan every detail
of their event, from the menu to the table setting, and beyond. Our goal is
to exceed your expectations and wow your guests, whether it’s a wedding for
250 or a small summer outing for 25 held at your home. Peruse our on-line
menu selections at www.PerfectPearCatering.com as a starting point in
designing your event and then let us customize a perfect event for you and
- Private Party Facilities: Make Zebra's your own, or have our "sister" catering companey, Perfect Pear Catering help you celebrate at another venue!
Whether you want the perfect weding, to entertain importanct clients, or a baby shower brunch with family and friends we will make you the perfect host.
Call Judy for details (508)359-4406
- Private Party Contact: Judy Beck 5083594406x
- Cross Street: Rt. 109
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Although most guest find it easier to park on the street in front of the restaurant (on North St.), Zebra’s Bistro also has a parking lot in the back and a few spots on the side of the restaurant both accessible from Jane’s Ave (off of Main St – Rte 109)
A word from Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
Zebra's Bistro is "one of the best dining experiences in Metro West", and some say best in Boston and beyond. For two years in a row Zebra's has been awarded both Boston's Best Seafood and Boston's Best Group Dining by Citysearch.com. This delightful upscale-casual bistro first welcomes you into the warm comfortable glow of the wine bar, not only offering one of "Boston's Best Wine Lists", but also a full bar. Move into the dining room or onto the patio and you are sure to be impressed with the innovative "New American" menu, charcuterie, raw bar and local cheese. Zebra's was awarded Boston Magazine's "Best New Restaurant" upon opening and has also been featured on ABC's Chronicle and Fox TV. Zebra's is the proud winner of the B.I.R.A Platinum Plate Award for "Best Upscale Dining" in North America. And has an "Excellent" rating from Zagat restaurant guide which said, "If it were in Boston or Cambridge it would be the new hot spot-but most insist its worth the trip from anywhere."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Medfield ›
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (79)notable wine list (55)romantic (53)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great Outdoor DiningLocalFoodieDined on 6/22/2014Very good food--especially the burger!--and the key to having a quiet meal is to dine on their patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent!CallistoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went to Zebra's for a birthday celebration, and what a fine choice it was! The chef continues his high quality of design and food prep, making this restaurant a reliable choice for an excellent culinary experience. Service was also quite fine - warm and professional. Only small complaint is that the outdoor chairs (which are comfortable by themselves) are a bit low to the tables. But it is nice to have an al fresco option during nice weather. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not happy!MegsDined on 6/18/2014Been coming here since it opened - usually saving this for for special occasions. We were very disappointed with the menu selections and settled for a burger for our anniversary. Why? We don't eat soft shell crab, oysters, or lamb which is limiting, we know. However, this has never been a problem before. The kale and Romaine Caesar salad was delicious and the burger just ordinary. We mentioned it was our anniversary and were treated with a treat from the kitchen of 3 raspberries and 2 bites of Rice Krispy's-like treats. Very odd. Not sure we'll come for the next birthday.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFranklinDinerDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had a dinner at Zebra's last weekend. The hostess greeted us with a positive demeanor with compliments for my wife's attire. (Great way to start the dining experience.) We had a reservation, and the table was ready as soon as we asked to be seated. The service staff was knowledgable, friendly and attentive to our requests. We had a couple of questions about the menu, and the answers provided were accurate and guided us to delicious meal decisions. I enjoyed the yellowfin tuna poke as a starter, and we both had delicious entrees (the roasted chicken was very good). I highly recommend Zebra's for a nice, dinner as a couple or with other friends. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the neighborhoodcookieDined on 6/13/2014I wanted to catch up with my son over some fine dining, but not travel into Boston. The food was delicious and fresh. Service was super.Special Features:
- eehhh for the pricerlevDined on 6/10/2014The service was very good. The food was disappointing for this level of pricing ...
- Happy AnniversaryDanke2uDined on 6/8/2014Occasion recognized by staff, friendly congratulations generously shared, noted in chocolate by chef. Thanks for a nice evening of good food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrcrsiegelVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent as usual! Great place to go for great quality, innovative food without having to go in to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsFoodiefindVIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is in the suburbs, but it had the menu and style of Boston. Very interesting cocktails and the small menu assured us that the food would be fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAleatsDined on 6/6/2014Gracious and friendly staff. A relatively small menu that showed broad diversity throughout all courses. Food was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. Good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Staff was friendly, food very good, ambiance very good, service excellent. Great place for a long and relaxing dinner if you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDaveDined on 5/30/2014We arrived on time for dinner and were seated immediately. The restaurant discontinued their sushi menu since I had last visited. The main menu has interesting choices, but I felt offered too few. There was only a single entree offered as a special. But the meals selected were nicely prepared and garnished with interesting vegetables. Overall, the food was good, the service excellent, and the evening enjoyable. The surprise birthday dessert was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Zebra's TimeschadmilleDined on 5/26/2014Had a great dinner there with excellent service and great ambience. ....very quiet. We will definitely return to try other things from the menu and dine outside on the terrace. The bar is a comfortable, cozy spot for a drink too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outbrunchloverDined on 5/24/2014sharing the evening with dear friends food,wine superb certainly not a surprise at Zebra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great night at ZebrasoutoftownerDined on 5/23/2014I had been to Zebras previously, as a relative lives in the area. This time, the service was only so-so. We waited 10 minutes for a wait person to ask us if we wanted a drink to start (plus he called me darling, which I found offensive). I ordered the special, which was already gone (it was only 7:30 pm) so I ordered a different dish, which was good, but not what I wanted. My relative had to send her dish back to the kitchen, as it tasted "off." All in all - not a great night at Zebras. I will not be in a hurry to return there.
- The following 1031 reviews are from the Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have had dinner several times over the last few years. As usual Zebra's served a great brunch with several options to pick from. The food was served hot and all meals arrived at the same time. There were 9 of us for brunch. Everyone enjoyed their food. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Positives 1) had seating on time 2) service was excellent Negitives 1) not a great menu selection 2) oysters were small 3) overall food was fairSpecial Features:
- Nice local Mother's Day optionpatrish95Dined on 5/11/2014Dined with Mother-in-law and two kids (5 and 18mo). Nice brunch selections. Definitely enjoyed the special Mimosa offerings. Would have liked one or two additional "kid" friendly options (they both ended up with french toast) - there were MANY children eating during the 12:30 seating, but the meal was good. Server was pleasant. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchExpectedmoreDined on 5/11/2014A bit let down by recent brunch experience. With it being Mother's Day (mostly families dining) was hoping for a specific kids offering (both in price and food). On the 2 courses offered in the price fix. Steak and eggs (sunny side) did not include toast. Service staff was more focused on turning and prepping tables than table-side manners.
- Always impeccablerguliaDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have become regulars at Zebra, as we dine there at least once a month. Every time I order something new. Their menu is relatively short, which means that the chef really focuses on the few dishes offered and the night's specials. And it changes frequently, with the change of season, so that for us, even being regulars, there's always something new and extraordinary to discover. I had veal shank marrow, deliciously served with red onion, sea salt and garlic bruschetta. And rabbit ragout on home made fettucine. My wife had a risotto with salmon. The execution was perfect. The taste was incredible. The service is outstanding. Impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousGranainoDined on 5/10/2014Fabulous and elegant, I loved that the chef sent out a sample salmon appetizer. Rolls were delicious, I'd like to see olive oil instead of butter. Desserts from honeys bakery fabulous! Salmon was cooked perfectly and was delicious.Special Features:
- I love this place!TorchyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Zebra's is the best. The food is awesome and the staff is friendly and attentive - often anticipating my requests before I have even formulated the thoughts! Now that's service!Special Features:
- All greatsjoewVIPDined on 4/26/2014great food great service. but bring ear plugs. also.cheese service was overpricedSpecial Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014We really enjoyed it. Food was good, different. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good to ExcellentLCOTE123Dined on 4/21/2014The food, service and atmosphere were above what my friend and I had expected. My only less favorable comment was that the decaf coffee was rather tasteless. Zebra could win in a competition with several well known Boston restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Easter Brunch!!!Musiclover1013Dined on 4/20/2014Too bad Zebra's only does brunch twice a year as they really do a wonderful job. Both my wife and I very much enjoyed the 2 course prix fixe brunch. It had everything we've come to expect from Zebra's; great service, well crafted cocktails, amazing flavor, and beautiful plating. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service; odd menuPattyapolloDined on 4/11/2014My husband had the lamb ragu and I had a fish dish that was had a nice sauce and accompanying vegetables. I'm not sure I would ever select a pig head (a menu item) for dinner. And a rhubarb soup for desert was strange too. The were 2 chocolate deserts; not my fave.Special Features:
- Wonderful Suburban RestaurantTonyKDined on 4/4/2014Our birthday celebratory meal was delicious from appetizer to dessert. Our waiter was also very attentive, regularly checking up on us and refilling the water glasses. The menu has a French flair. The Oysters on the half shell and chilled shrimp were very tasty. My wife had the Atlantic Pollock special and I had the Bauvette steak frites, both wonderful. We ended our meal with a flourless chocolate cake topped with an interesting beet sorbet and raspberry compote. We are also members of the Zebra's reward program for frequent diners and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Zebra's Comes Through AgainMTM14Dined on 3/30/2014We live Medfield and on the rare occasion we can have a night out, we always debate new places to try, but 90% of the time we end up at Zebra's. Our most recent meal reminded us why we do. The staff is first-rate, very knowledgeable abotu the menu. Joe, our waiter, is at the top of his game and his recommendations always satisfy. The appetizers are the perfect size, delicious but not too filling. The wine list is deep and has quality options at every price point. The only downside is that we did not have room for dessert. Great food, great people and a great atmosphere. We don't have to drive far to get there, but would happily do so if we lived further away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceMattyDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant had a nice atmosphere the crowd was good looking. We were greeted by the hostess very cordually & positiveOur table was ready on time! We both had a glass of wine to start. Had the mussels they were plump,meaty & the juice was delicious dipping bread. My wife had 6 oysters that were average good. The waitress was very informative & helpful in the menu entrees. My wife had the trout It was she really enjoyed it. I had the short ribs & they melted in my mouth, asparagus & this great tasting mash potatoes on the bottom. We split this chocolate fudge cake with raspberry sauce & fresh mushed raspberries that was to die for! The only mistake was we should of both got onel We were fighting over it. I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- ExcellentsusanDined on 3/28/2014We went for restaurant week. The food was excellent although they had run out if several of he options available for the pre-fix menu. There were orher great choices available. The pickles on the appy menu were different and very tasty. The flourless chocolate cake was to die for. Loved the lamb ragu. Will definately go back.Special Features:
- the food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2014the food was great but the service was really slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014 at Zebra'sVernbudDined on 3/27/2014As always, a great meal at Zebra's. We dine at Zebra's 3-4 times per year and it never disappoints. The food is great, nice ambiance, and the staff is attentive and friendly. Dishes are always cooked properly (not too rare, not overdone). The menu varies by season and we can always find something new. Desserts are always great. The wine list is pretty good, but slightly overpriced in my opinion, and wines by the glass are very expensive for the size of the pour. Prices on apps and entrees are very fair given the quality of the food. We will continue to patronize Zebra's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillsuekushDined on 3/22/2014This used to be our favorite special occasion restaurant, but it's not really worth the expense anymore because the food is hit or miss. I guess that's what happens when a chef gets recognized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome in every wayDan3525Dined on 3/22/2014great food, service and atmosphere. appetizers, entrees and desserts all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefoodieDined on 3/16/2014Food was great and prepared really carefully and deliciously. The service was terrific. The staff went out their way to help us have a really great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra's in MedfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014The menu offers many interesting choices--very creative cuisine. The service was the best--very attentive and knowledgeable about the wine list and entrees. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent meal, dessert wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Excellent meal, dessert was fabulous! Cake taste like a creamcicle wrapped in rich chocolate.Special Features:
- Last minute choice didnt disappointChrisDined on 3/13/2014The food was excels and was tastefully presented. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. This place is getting added to my list of local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!ThomasDined on 3/13/2014This place is amazing. I took my girlfriend here for our 3 year anniversary and we could not be more in love with it. The waitress was awesome and very humanlike. The food was out of this world and highly recommend the mussels! We tend to go to Top of the Hub when we lived in the city but Zebra's was the perfect alternative. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.