Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
5480 Grand Pacific Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://twenty20grill.com/
- Phone: 7608272500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Carr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Patterson (760)827-2510x
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday evening starting at 6PM
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR: Seven Days a Week 3pm – 6pm
$2 off Specialty Cocktails
$4 for Well & Draft Beers (excluding Chimay)
$6 Sangria & House Wine
1/2 off Starters (not including Flatbreads or Salads)
THURSDAY: Live Jazz Music
Preformed by Wolf Marshall starting at 6:00pm
SUNDAY: Prime Time Sunday
Staring at 5:30pm; Finish of the weekend right with Prime Rib Selections and outstanding sides.
A word from Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Named for the picture-perfect, panoramic views of the Pacific coastline visible from the veranda, Twenty/20 at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa offers an elegant, yet casual dining experience that caters to a wide range of tastes, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, business and pleasure. The airy 5,200 square-foot restaurant includes 1,700 square-feet of heated outdoor patio dining where patrons can enjoy sweeping views of the Carlsbad coast and the refreshing ocean breeze as they dine. The menu features farm to coast cuisine, local ingredients infused with the style and flavors of San Sebastian. Made with locally grown fresh ingredients and flavors, each entrée and every hand crafted cocktail is prepared to absolute perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)scenic view (21)romantic (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (13)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Hosting Out of Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013Finding this location turned out to be quite a great experience. I met friends who had traveled all day from the east coast. This was a perfect location near their hotel in Carlsbad. The restaurant is neat and quite comfortable. Our server was very friendly. I was impressed my note was read and she asked who at the table was from out of town. The timing of the courses was very good. It allowed for conversation between cocktails, appetizers and main course. The dessert presentation leaves you almost obligated to participate. It was difficult to refuse. Delicious! I will definitely go again...and take friends with me.Special Features:
- Girls reunionmommy7Dined on 7/20/2013I live locally and picked this spot, as my husband and I always forget how much we enjoy it for a quick date night away from the kids. I was meeting with girl friends from high school we had not seen each other for 30 years. I wanted the spot to be a place with a nice patio atmosphere, not on top of other people so we could visit. It was just what I wanted and more.Special Features:
- Twenty / 20OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013This is a restaurant associated with the Sheraton Inn. They are very close to Legoland and during the two hours we lingered over lunch 90 of the people who showed up had kids. The menu is quite limited, but we found the food to be of very good quality, service was very prompt and attentive without being obtrusive. We ate outside for lunch the atmosphere, even with the kids around, was quiet and the view mixes the colorful tops of the Legoland structures with the distance ocean view. We enjoyed bacon wrapped dates, mixed olives, fish tacos, and a steak salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2013This place is perfect in every category! 2 thumbs way up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twenty/20 is superbVassyVIPDined on 7/4/2013Fresh and extremely tasty food, phenomenal service and a view that could keep you there for hours!!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OK, but the ambianceAxxiom2000VIPDined on 7/4/2013Food is OK, but the ambiance is why one dines here. Service is OK, but nothing to write home about. Prices are high for what you get.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencermwinendineDined on 7/4/2013We sat outside for lunch, the weather was perfect. The hostess was very friendly and sat us at our table right away, no waiting. They have an excellent lunch menu to choose from and the tapas were very tasty and went nicely with their sangria. Nice quiet and relaxing ambiance with nice views. 20 20 has become one of our favorite places to dine and socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013Great food with hard to find menu options (lamb meatballs)! Nice ambiance and stylish decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice relaxing spot for quiet lunchSusan1484VIPDined on 6/25/2013I had to change my re servation time to a later time and they were very accommodating. Their support staff is excellent; bus boys, cleaning crew, etc. Food was tasty - nice a quiet for a nice lunch late in the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serivice, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/18/2013Excellent serivice, great outdoor dining! Skimpy with the chicken on the sandwich!Special Features:
- Great food good timePeachesDined on 6/15/2013The menu although somewhat limited was creative. The food was cooked perfectly the staff was excellent. I recommend the Brick Chicken highly. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable 21st Anniversary DatetheholmboyDined on 6/13/2013My wife and I were travelling for our 21st & chose this restaurant because of its menu's similarity to our favorite Salt Lake City restaurant Epic. It had nice ambience, with a fellow playing Spanish guitar style music, and was busy, but not overly so. We tried many of the Tapas (Small Spanish savory dishes) and finished it off by sharing their "gourmet hamburger" (they had me at fried egg!). All were superb. The waitress then sold us on the dessert tree, which was 6 mini desserts and all I can say there is Wow!! Final note: We are water drinkers and the waitress, 2 bussers and even the manager, on one occasion, kept the water flowing, which means a lot. Overall, it was a night to be remembered for both of us and earned 5 stars from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2013The decor and setting are beautiful. The staff was competent, friendly and efficient. The four of us were very pleased with all the food we selected except the Cesaer salad which was bland. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013If there was a minus star available for grading it would have fit this experience. The service was the worst we had ever experienced. It was so bad we actually ended up canceling our dinner order and leaving after the cocktail and appetizer fiasco. We felt tormented with one order failure after another. They just couldn't get anything right. We had a great table but the view was of the parking lot...should have had the restaurant on the second floor for an ocean view. Would not recommend this place to our enemies! Don't Go!
- Great upscale dining, comfortable,RickVIPDined on 5/8/2013Great upscale dining, comfortable, casual decor, both indoor & outdoor dining. Compact menu with a little for everyone, we chose several of their tapas offerings tonight which were 1/2 off in the early evening. There were 2 of us for dinner this evening, the tapas offerings were easy to split, large enough portions that each got a nice portion, all items were very tasty. Wine and beverage list to complement the menu. Busy after work crowd, busy bar, great place for your next dining experience. We have been here multiple times, expect to be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, smart decor,RickVIPDined on 5/6/2013Great restaurant, smart decor, great food, great portions, beverage list to complement, okay service. Was here several years ago on a weeks vacation, came back to see if still great. It was, and is. Definitely worth dining here.Special Features:
- Love Thursday night tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/2/2013We actually had dinner as well and all the food was wonderful. I like tapas night because you can try a variety of dishes and I like the live music they have on Thursday evenings. It just adds to the overall ambiance. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has changed since lastMomof3VIPDined on 4/28/2013Menu has changed since last visit. The box lunch was the reason I went to twenty-20 . Ordered the torched salmon salad- odd combination of ingredients and odd dressing . Salmon itself was very tasty. Kids loves their meals and they were a nice size portion for them( grilled cheese and fruit)Special Features:
- Could be betterSusan1484VIPDined on 4/24/2013Our waitress, Lili, was - friendly, attentive, and pleasant. The food was okay; shrimp tacos (3) nothing else - but good for a light meal. The ambiance was excellent - the room is very comfortable and pleasing to the eye. But booking on Open Table does NOT insure that you will be given what you requested when you booked. (a quiet booth away from the service areas, requested) - first stop with the hostess, small table in the center of the room with other tables close by with customers; second stop - the booth next to the service area/kitchen; third stop, a booth away from service areas. The hostess does not read your info. It was after lunch rush time, yes, there was a waitress assigned to our final spot, and yes, three booths were emptySpecial Features:
- Made the mistake of goingRonRDined on 4/13/2013Made the mistake of going on a Saturday night and forgetting that it is very (too) close to Legoland. 7:30 reservations did not minimize the number of very young children. If I would have been told of the outside patio being covered and heated I would have checked it out and made the switch. Menu is limited and has only moderate imagination. The exception was the cheese and charcuterte plates. Service was somewhat of a fire drill starting with the hostess at the front. Two people handling a small room, acting like they were Patton going into battle.
- Expected more...SveiksVIPDined on 4/5/2013For how the Sheraton advertised Twenty/20 and for a Friday night at a notable resort, we expected much more upscale. Instead, we got something more like Denny's, although the food was better (Spanish-style). Service was poor and ambiance was lacking. Also, they shouldn't let kids in with only bathing suits on. We definitely won't be returning. Too bad for Sheraton.Special Features:
- For the price, the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013For the price, the food was just okay. There were very few people in the restaurant and our food took awhile.Special Features:
- We had a lovely meal on theHBGalVIPDined on 4/2/2013We had a lovely meal on the patio and watched the sun set. Our food was very good, especially the Brick Chicken.Special Features:
- Very disappointed. I madeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/31/2013Very disappointed. I made reservations for Easter Brunch where it was advertized as on the veranda with ocean view. Although it was pricey (especially since it did not even include champagne or mimosas) I thought it would be an excellent chance to try out Twenty/20 to see if we wanted to add it to our list of favorites. We dine out often and we live only a few miles from this restaurant. When we were seated, I could hardly contain my disappointment. My seat was part of a bench that backed up to a wall that blocked any view. The table was like a spindly bar table without a real tablecloth. My view was of the far wall and a bar. When they wanted $10 extra for champagne on top of the high price (about $50 each), I knew we would not return.
- The Tapas were excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2013The Tapas were excellent and the kid Buffet was excellentSpecial Features:
- great kid-friendly buffet...greathhhhVIPDined on 3/16/2013great kid-friendly buffet...great feature of the restaurant. food selections are great. very deal on happy hour drinks and tapasSpecial Features:
- The food lures you back, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/6/2013The food lures you back, and the new menu is pretty amazing. I could make a dinner out of the appetizers alone and be happy. Really, though, you can get great food a lot of places in North County: you do it HERE because Kambria is an incredible waitress.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor patio, heatersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Nice outdoor patio, heaters and lighting set a lovely mood. The tapas selections are excellent, although small portions. We liked the charred octopus salad the best, but the bacon wrapped dates were fabulous, and the mushroom flatbread had a nice flavor.Special Features:
- Upscale, affordable, scenic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2013The Sheraton Carlsbad recently renovated their outdoor patio with built-in heaters and glass to keep in the heat but maintain the outstanding view. It is beautiful and romantic. The menu is enticing, along with the wine list. The happy hour is upscale AND affordable; what more could I ask for? Service? Yes! Check! Their fun events and consistent ability to deliver a great evening for me and my friends keeps me coming back time after time. This is a must-see!Special Features:
- The food was amazing, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013The food was amazing, and the service was outstanding. Love the wine selection so many great wines.Special Features:
- Would have preferred to notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Would have preferred to not be seated in the bar area. Hostess should have given us a choice. I even made reservations ahead of time.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointingPoseidonFanDined on 2/17/2013After reading about the great review on Twenty/20 Grill, we decided to try it. We were a party of 7 so were able to try various items. The lamb meatballs were out of this world, but then the rest of the food was just ok. The short rib is just that, ONE short rib and while good it just wasn't enough. I ordered the burger. It was ordered MR but came out WD. MAJOR disappointment. Drinks from the bar were pretty good but very pricey. One would expect that with a restaurant in a hotel but the wines were over priced. The atmosphere was trying to attract an adult crowd, with a fabulous outdoor seeting area with fire pits, but all the children running around changed it. Overall a little disappointing after reading the review in the paper.Special Features:
- Food portions small for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Food portions small for the price. Food prepared very well. Dining on the patio with the heat lamps proved to be very comfortable. We watched the sun set over the Pacific.Special Features:
- No breakfast for you!HarryVIPDined on 2/10/2013We came here hoping to get brunch on a Sunday. Apparently, their cut off for breakfast is 11:00am (on a SUNDAY!) and were told: Nope, too bad, so sad, lunch menu only! So we had lunch instead of breakfast/brunch food... which was not very good. The server was very absent-minded, and was probably the worst server we have ever had - very inattentive, very scatter-brained... very poor service. She never brought out the appetizer that I ordered, and after eating the burger for "lunch"... I didn't bother to remind her about the missing appetizer. Also, the coffee was lukewarm, and not refilled. I decided to give this restaurant another chance after a (very) bad experience here for dinner... unfortunately, we won't be back.
- I think the food was mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013I think the food was mediocre and overpriced. Didn't like the food at all.Special Features:
- We were surprised at how casualsharonredbarronDined on 1/18/2013We were surprised at how casual the place was for a Sheraton dining spot, but then we realized it's close to Legoland, which is why there are no tablecloths and LOTS of families with small children. But we enjoyed our experience and will re-visit. Especially look forward to warmer SoCal weather so we can enjoy their newly-opened outdoor patio. It has gorgeous views of the ocean.Special Features:
- oversubscribed for the holidaystorontiffVIPDined on 12/29/2012oversubscribed for the holidays - some servers dealt with this better than others. The food was great! but sometimes the waits were way too long, esp when traveling/dining with children.Special Features:
- Nice LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/26/2012This was a lunch vist, but I definitely want to go back. Great wine list and fun cocktails are just a few highlights. The food was great as was the price point. Drink service was a little slow and our water was never refilled. They just need to work on that.Special Features:
- Christmas day dinner time,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Christmas day dinner time, the service was slow due to maybe short handed?Special Features:
- Great place to eat exceptSherylVIPDined on 12/23/2012Great place to eat except it's way too loud to enjoy visiting.