Daily Grill - San Francisco
347 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Daily Grill - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 4156165000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 7am-10pm
Friday & Saturday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Davidssun McClary
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a private room, that seats 14 people, as well as a semi private area that can serve 20 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Fruehe 4156165000x
- Special Events: Daily Grill San Francisco has a private dining room for groups of 14. Private dining menus available. Semi-private dining for larger groups up to 100 people. Please inquire for additional information. 360 degree tour is available at dailygrill.com
A word from Daily Grill - San Francisco
Daily Grill is located on Geary, near Powell, only a half-block from Union Square and in the center of San Francisco’s theatre district. Comfortable and clubby with booths and high ceilings, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break from the bustle of Union Square. The large menu and comfortable decor makes the Daily Grill a favorite stop before or after the theatre. Daily Grill is an updated version of the San Francisco grills of the past, providing generous portions of classic American dishes, such as steaks, chops, chicken pot pie, and meat loaf...a neat, friendly place where one can get crab cakes or a burger, cobb salad or a ribeye along with martinis, single malts, microbrews and a good bottle of wine. The ambience is lively and clubby, with comfortable booths, dark woods and high ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We love this retaurant asPrincessVIPDined on 6/11/2008We love this retaurant as it reminds of of a Chicago or New York Steak house. The food and service are always good.Special Features:
- The six of us all had wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2008The six of us all had wonderful meals and notable service. Our waitress (whose name excapes me regrettably) was wonderful-always there with Diet Coke refills without being asked and always attentive without being intrusive-a hard thing to accomplish- and always with a ready smile and an eagerness to please-for sure!! We will all be back-two "newies" and the rest "returnies" as well. Thanks for always being consistent and welcoming and for all the available round tables that help to have easy conversation and always add to the ambiance. All in all this restaurant is a highly recommendable place to be! Donna & Phil WolksteinSpecial Features:
- There were four of us. TwoSallyDined on 5/31/2008There were four of us. Two dinners were terrible and one was good and one fair. Would not go back.
- Service was prompt and unobtrusive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2008Service was prompt and unobtrusive. This is a good moderately priced place to eat in SF's theatre district.
- The Food here is always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2008The Food here is always fantastic large portions too you really get your moneys worth. We eat here every time we are going to a play at the Curran.
- Nice meal. The somewhat basicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2008Nice meal. The somewhat basic fare was a little overpriced. Service started out great than went to average half way through the meal. Drinks from bar stood out more than the food. A bit more detail in the kitchen on the plating side might justify the price. Overall food was good just not extra special.Special Features:
- Altough our waitress was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2008Altough our waitress was very nice and friendly, she forgot about us. We were out of drinks, and some of us were STILL EATING when they came to collect some of the plates, at occasion even brushing sleeves over the food that was still being eaten. I find that very rude. They should wait until everyone is finished.Special Features:
- We eat here every time weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2008We eat here every time we go to the theater. Good variety of food. Some fun "home cooked" type options such as Chicken pot pie, though the popcorn rock shrimp appetizer is really great!
- I took my father there forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008I took my father there for his 78 birthday. We enjoyed the food and the ambiance as it allowed us to carry a nice conversation. There were just two things I wanted to bring up. One, we didn't receive any bread and butter at our table. I looked around and didn't see anyone else with bread so I thought we were not supposed to have any...but then noticed otherwise when we were about to leave. Second would be because our family is sensitive to MSG, the three of us had similar side effects after dinner...possibly reaction to seasonings?!? Other than, most importantly was that my Dad had a great time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very large portions! We neededbrilldoggyDined on 5/23/2008Very large portions! We needed to make a show at the Curran and the waiter was great at getting our meal to us in a reasonable time so that we could get to the show.Special Features:
- Over the years, the DailyCromanDined on 5/23/2008Over the years, the Daily Grill never disappoints us and has been consistently good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They always remember to honor our seating location request in the notes field on our Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- Daily Grill is one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/21/2008Daily Grill is one of our favorite "pre-theatre" dining spots. They are very aware of time contraints and get you in and out, without feeling rushed, in plenty of time. They are also very accomodating about splitting entrees, generally done in the kitchen, and nicely presented at the table. They also currently have a great pre-fix three course menu. There is nothing "chain-like" about this location. Walking distance to Curran and ACT as well as Union Square.Special Features:
- The space is classic old SanOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/15/2008The space is classic old San Francisco -- dark wood booths, leather seats, white tablecloths. The food is what you'd expect from a high-overhead restaurant in the busiest theater-shopping area of the city: not particularly good. Still, if you're rushed for a play and want that old vibe...Special Features:
- great location - good staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2008great location - good staff - we had an excellent server and the food for good - before going to a show in downtown san francisco.
- Food is always great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2008Food is always great and the service is excellent! An excellent restaurant go go to before theater.Special Features:
- Great place to go before theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/14/2008Great place to go before the theater. Very VARIED menu and huge portions.Special Features:
- We had Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008We had Mother's Day Brunch here at the Daily Grill. I have been here many times and love the food, service and location. Tina AndersonSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet and talk.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008Great place to meet and talk. Very good food, a sophisticated atmosphere, reminds me of some great old New York restaurants, classy but not pretentious. Though we were there on Mother's day we got some business done and had a great conversation, but never felt rushed (and Mother's day is a rough day in the restaurant business).Special Features:
- Good place to go in the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2008Good place to go in the theater district. It was quite cold and the waitress said she wasn't sure if they could do anything, never got back to us. Signature Cobb which is typically great had way too much bacon and dressing even though light was requested. Halibut specvial seemed to have a smaller portion than usual and not inexpensive at $26.00. Dissappointing, but I would go again as I have had better experiences there in the past.
- This was a great pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/6/2008This was a great pre-theater spot. Nice round table to accomodate 7 ladies. Loved the prefixe offering. Generous portions. It was my second time there and I'll go back!Special Features:
- Very efficient waitstaff;Annie49Dined on 5/6/2008Very efficient waitstaff; handled our group with finesse!Special Features:
- Very good for pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/6/2008Very good for pre-theatre dining. Our server(Sandy)was attentive and got us out on time for the curtain at the Curran. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was AMAZING!!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was AMAZING!!! The portions were really big though! We split a lot of the dishes and still had tons of food left over.Special Features:
- Always enjoy going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/2/2008Always enjoy going to the Daily Grill. Consistent food and great staff. Sometimes just swing by on a Saturday while out shopping for a drink and appetizers.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed this restaurantmcwmVIPDined on 4/26/2008We have enjoyed this restaurant many times, but on Saturday things were "off". The server was forgetful, we had to keep asking for items, and the buser crashed plates around creating more noise than was necessary. The food was not a disappointment, great menu, generous portions and cooked well. We will return.Special Features:
- I ordered the crab cakes whichOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008I ordered the crab cakes which were pasty, very bland and without a nice crust. They were not especially hot as if they had sat for awhile before serving. The string fires were pretty good, though not as hot has they should be and the coleslaw was ok. My husband had the blackened chicken ceaser which was better, with nice spicy pieces over fresh lettuce. The service was good and our waiter pleasant. We might go back as it is convenient to the theater and our waiter asked if we had a curtain to make.
- While I am a very avid fanpdoremusVIPDined on 4/19/2008While I am a very avid fan of The Daily Grill chain, after a very dismissive waiter, the manager (via a telephonic conversation) made remarkable headway. Because of her, I will happily return to this particular location, just requesting not to sit in 'Robert's' station. Otherwise, I wish them all well. Paul DoremusSpecial Features:
- The only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2008The only complaint I have is I had to send my drink back 3 times before they got it right.Special Features:
- pretty easy to get in, generallysfdinerVIPDined on 4/15/2008pretty easy to get in, generally don't need a reservation. food is fine, service good, close to theater.Special Features:
- Guys _ Great Dinner on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008Guys _ Great Dinner on Sunday night, my customers and i had a great meal, served well!Special Features:
- A great diverse menu - somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008A great diverse menu - something for everyone. Excellent food presentation and service.Special Features:
- Asked for and got quiet booth.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/29/2008Asked for and got quiet booth. outstanding waiter for food wine and service--sensitivity to theater timing!Special Features:
- We often eat at the DailyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2008We often eat at the Daily Grill whenever we come into the City.Special Features:
- Wine list was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/25/2008Wine list was pretty good, better than expected, Some real Gems in the list. Its not often you see a 1993 Burgess Cab (Napa) Great Spot for business meals without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Good place for a quick lunchPunkyVIPDined on 3/24/2008Good place for a quick lunch - choices diverse to satisfy multiple guests.Special Features:
- I always visit this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2008I always visit this restaurant on major holidays and I am always impressed with the overall experience. This is one of those places many locals still aren't aware of yet - and they are definitely missing out. I recommend Daily Grill to anyone who seeks exceptional food, service and ambience - a tried and true winner! Mark SoloSpecial Features:
- celebrated a birthday hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2008celebrated a birthday here but had dinner early--around 5:30 on st. patricks day so the night crowd hadn't exactly settled in for a night of debauchery yet... nice ambiance, service was wonderful with attentive waiters and staff. overall a great experience!Special Features:
- very very nice - and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008very very nice - and great food, somewhat like a very decent pub with really good foodSpecial Features:
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2008This is a great restaurant for theatre goers. They serve big portions and although the food is rich it is good. The price is very fair. We have eaten here many times before the theatre. The wait staff is fun also.Special Features:
- Had a good time everyone veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2008Had a good time everyone very nice. Our table was ready and waiting when we arrived and were seated without any delay. Wait staff attentive and food arrived quickly and all together, no waiting for others to be served before eating. Food was good and plenty of it. The only negative was my own fault. I choose a chair that was to the aisle. Being a bit heavy was brushed by several times. Should have chosen better and let one of the young girls sit there. Overall a good time was had by all.