Daily Grill - San Francisco
347 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Daily Grill - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 4156165000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 7am-10pm
Friday & Saturday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Davidssun McClary
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a private room, that seats 14 people, as well as a semi private area that can serve 20 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Fruehe 4156165000x
- Special Events: Daily Grill San Francisco has a private dining room for groups of 14. Private dining menus available. Semi-private dining for larger groups up to 100 people. Please inquire for additional information. 360 degree tour is available at dailygrill.com
A word from Daily Grill - San Francisco
Daily Grill is located on Geary, near Powell, only a half-block from Union Square and in the center of San Francisco’s theatre district. Comfortable and clubby with booths and high ceilings, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break from the bustle of Union Square. The large menu and comfortable decor makes the Daily Grill a favorite stop before or after the theatre. Daily Grill is an updated version of the San Francisco grills of the past, providing generous portions of classic American dishes, such as steaks, chops, chicken pot pie, and meat loaf...a neat, friendly place where one can get crab cakes or a burger, cobb salad or a ribeye along with martinis, single malts, microbrews and a good bottle of wine. The ambience is lively and clubby, with comfortable booths, dark woods and high ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Really good food & great serviceSSPaVIPDined on 2/1/2014We made special requests of the waiters who were beyond accommodating. When our chicken breast came out overcooked & dry, we mentioned it to the waiter who immediately took it away & came back a little later with super moist & yummy pieces.Special Features:
- Daily Grill DeliversDateNightVIPDined on 1/31/2014Always consistently good, the Daily Grill is a great place for locals and visitors. I usually order the Cobb Salad and am never disappointed. This dinner I ordered off the Prix Fix Menu and enjoyed a caprese salad, lemon chicken, and delicious cheesecake!Special Features:
- Consistent foodBiotechVIPDined on 1/30/2014Great American chop/ salads place to eat. Prices are good, it gets very busy so I always use Open Table to reserve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- long lunch for friends catching upluvSFDined on 1/30/2014Great Find! Quiet, elegant atmosphere with extraordinary staff who make you feel welcome. We sat for five hours and were well fed and hydrated. This is now our spot whenever we are in the city. Highly recommend this Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was exceptional andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014The food was exceptional and thanks to Jason our waiter the service was seamless. Loved this place and can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/29/2014I dined at the Daily Grill on a recent business trip to San Francisco and was very pleased overall with my experience. As a frequent traveler and food conscious diner, I was very pleased to see an under 600 calorie section on the menu. I had the grilled salmon burger and grilled vegetables. The fish and the vegetables were both fresh and tasty! The service was solid and the ambiance enjoyable - I would recommend the Daily Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theater night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014We try to eat at the Daily Grill, before we attend the ACT plays ACT plays. It makes a fun evening in SF.Special Features:
- Business CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2014Great business lunch place. The food is approachable and the service is great.Special Features:
- Great Discovery!AngelaDined on 1/26/2014We were looking for a new place to eat before our ACT performances - have overlooked the Daily Grill until last Sunday: what a great find! THis is one of those large, old fashion restaurants that loo like a San Francisco 'institution'. They have a very 'classic' menu. Chris, our waiter, was truly outstanding! He knew every dish on the menu, was very helpful recommending something for the Vegetarian in our Party and sparkled with humor: he made us laugh almost every time he came by our table. The Trout Almandine was wonderful, the Meat Loaf was outstanding, even the White Bean Soup and the Hummus were worth mentioning! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for theater goersKatyDined on 1/25/2014An easy walk to the theater, A.C.T. There are many art galleries along the way. This restaurant has a wide selection of dishes for every taste. Comfortable atmosphere although my son who is tall wasn't as comfortable in his chair as I was on the banquette bench.Special Features:
- Before theater dining with discountdquijote649Dined on 1/25/2014Our waiter was super, very helpful choosing wine and fish. It's a fine old dining room, traditional San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best way to start a theatre night!happy2eatDined on 1/21/2014Going to ACT, the Curran, or Geary? A wonderful place for an early dinner with a French bistro atmosphere. Delicious light dinners (try 600) such as seared salmon and asparagus, special treats, such as crab cakes and french fries, or for those with hearty appetites try the chicken pot pie. They're all yummy! Waiters are attentive, will get you out in plenty of time for the theatre. Just be sure to tell them where you're going and when, or they'll let you relax and enjoy the evening if dining is your evening entertainment. Perfect dinner spot close to Union Square without the fancy SF prices!Special Features:
- The Daily Grill January 2014happySF2014Dined on 1/20/2014We ate at the Daily Grill two nights in a row. The first night their were 4 of us for dinner and we had a wonderful waiter called Skylar. He joined our fun but was still very professional. The chicken pot pie and meatloaf are outstanding and my friend's Ahi Tuna salad was the best she has ever had. The second night there were 7 of us for dinner and we had a quiet table in the back. We requested Skylar again and he was just as great. Three men had chicken pot pie and were impressed. All had a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SF favoriteSanDiegogalDined on 1/19/2014We dined at the Daily Grill two nights in a row, it's that good! The variety on the menu and quality of the food is excellent. The prices are very reasonable for the value of the dining experience too! We requested the same waiter, Skyler, each night. He's a true professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. We have some other favorites in this city, but DG is our go to restaurant especially when we're entertaining guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceBobbyDined on 1/18/2014Customer service was horrible. The cooks did not get my order right. I ordered a pepper burger and asked without any sause and received it with thousand island sauce and it took about an hour to get our food.Special Features:
- Several friends and I getCDFJRDined on 1/15/2014Several friends and I get together for dinner during the JP Morgan meeting and chose the Daily Grill for this year's meeting. The food was good but not remarkable. The service and the wine were excellent. Our waiter, Kwan was attentive, entertaining and knowledgeable. He and the Earthquake Pinot were the high point of the evening.Special Features:
- Great foodRbmaryDined on 1/12/2014Just a really great steak...everything was delicious! Love Daily Grill!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conveniently located for theGeorgeVIPDined on 1/11/2014Conveniently located for the Theater District. Food is good and plentiful. Not appropriate for that special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order a Caesar salad--itStevveVIPDined on 1/10/2014Don't order a Caesar salad--it has little flavor. (Asking for extra dressing and anchovies helped, but they weren't offered until we complained). Pepper steak tasted good, but was a bit dry and chewy. For the money, there are better alternatives.
- Union Square GemGParsonsDined on 1/7/2014The Daily Grill is the perfect spot for a before the theater or after shopping dinner. The menu covers everything from comfort food to a good hearty steak or grilled fish and at very reasonable prices. The staff could not be nicer or more attentive and at the same time not overly so! Love the atmosphere and the decor, too. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atJannineVIPDined on 1/5/2014This was our first time at Daily Grill and loved it! It was the perfect City spot location to stop for dinner after a show. There's a great energy here...the food and service are outstanding. We'll definately be back to explore more of the delightful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the showTommyDined on 1/4/2014After catching a theater show we had reservations here and were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent. I had the Pot Pie while my wife had the planked salmon. Excellant choices.Special Features:
- Delicious!anonDined on 1/3/2014Service was impeccable. Food was delicious and perfectly prepared. We shared the bread pudding for dessert and would seriously consider going back just for that dish. It was AMAZING! If you are in the neighborhood, definitely check it out. P.S. I love the decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable pre-event dinnernoh8rdiDined on 12/31/2013When the waiter first approached our table, he asked if we needed to rush to get to the theater. We didn't but our reservation was sufficiently early to keep from rushing. Our dinner was prompt but not rushed. We appreciated the ability to linger as we wished. The food was excellently prepared. I had the filet mignon and my companion had the salmon. We left in plenty of time to get to our New Year's event at Yoshi's. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceeatingoutDined on 12/28/2013This place has really changed for the bad! Went for lunch on Friday...service was terrible...food was only OK. Had a res for dinner on Sat. service was OK...food was way below standard...chicken cesar salad and lamb chop. WE WILL NOT GO BACK!
- Good Choice for TheaterUhu14Dined on 12/28/2013I recently enjoyed a lunch just prior to attending an afternoon show with my elderly parents and six and eight year-old kids. All had a good experience. Service was very friendly and attentive from the hostess to the server. Ambience was nice, which was perfect since we wore dressy casual for the theater. Place was crowded and a bit noisy. Not sure how much my 87 year-old dad could hear at the table. Lighting was a bit spotty- bright in some places and dark in others, including our table - my parents had a tough time reading the menu. We asked for a flashlight but the restaurant did not have one. Food was very good. I definitely plan for this restaurant to be my go-to when I'm in the Union Square area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and solidKatNYCDined on 12/28/2013No frills consistent experience, food good and many choices for kids Pleasant staff, seated right away with reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bag...TravelingVirgoDined on 12/28/2013We were at the restaurant on Saturday, December 28th. The food was fantastic - the service was sketchy. One of our seven guests was served the wrong dish and it took quite a while to bring the correct one (which was only soup and salad!). Not much of an apology was received and no reduction in the bill was offered. We had to ask for water and refills on soda. We will definitely go again but...not a good impression on those who haven't eaten here before. I was glad the food was so good - as I suggested the restaurant!Special Features:
- We ate here for dinner ChristmasShowMeVIPDined on 12/25/2013We ate here for dinner Christmas night so it was very busy, but we had reservations and were promptly taken to our table. The atmosphere is nice, lots of wood and energetic scene . The food was ok but be advised the portions are large. The chicken pot pie was very good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummer Christmas MealKarenDined on 12/25/2013We were really disappointed with the meal. I've been to this restaurant twice before and it was really good for an upscale diner. This time, of all days, it was really bad. Everything except the bread and salad tasted old, greasy, and just thrown together. We figured the real cooks and wait staff had the day off. I wish I had known that Christmas is NOT the day to eat here.
- Mishandled food allergyNJDinerDined on 12/25/2013One member of our party has a gluten allergy, which we stated when we made the reservation and again at the table. The restaurant provided a gluten free menu, but when the dish that was ordered off this menu arrived, it was in a sauce that wasn't described on the GF menu. After taking one bite, he had the good sense to call the waiter over to double check that the dish was in fact gluten free. Turns out they served the regular dish which had gluten in the sauce. This was really careless on their part. The manager did come over and apologize, and they offered us 1 free dessert (we were a party of 4). I thought they should have taken that dish off the bill completely. Overall not a good experience.
- great findrichmobeeDined on 12/25/2013Open on christmas day. Wasn't expecting much, but was more than pleasantly surprised. Food was great and family friendly. Morethan met expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the heart of SFMickeyVIPDined on 12/23/2013A great casual place for lunch or dinner with something for everyone.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL !!!RickDined on 12/22/2013We took seven family members--including grandchildren--here just before Christmas 2013, (after a Nutcracker Ballet performance). We waited only a few minutes for our table, (reserved online days in advance), and even though it was extremely busy, the waitress and other employees were very patient and went out of their way to cater to the grandchildren, which was appreciated. The food and wine were excellent, and reasonably priced. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!SFrocksyayDined on 12/22/2013Had a wonderful late lunch. The best service we have had in a long time. The food was sublime - our waiter made wonderful suggestions and was very knowledgable about the good options. Thank you for a great time! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSSPaVIPDined on 12/22/2013Loved the food. Got the 600 calorie special... which I really can't believe is only 600 calories with almost 2 chicken breasts & a caprese salad. Was uber busy, but seated right away & great service. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- Slow serviceStanVIPDined on 12/21/2013Food took for ever, no one came around to fill our water glasses until our dinner was over, server did not appologise that our meal took so long or check if she could bring us more bread since the bread plate was empty and we had to wait. Took a while to flag someone down to bring us more bread. Our server never came to our table to check on us
- Our Family Holiday DinnerJaneDined on 12/21/2013After a bit of a problem with the table assignment, (I had requested a back, to the side area a month earlier and we were going to be seated at the table in the middle of every coming and going, NOT), we had a wonderful time, Our waiter was super, everyone loved the food, and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- Convenient and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013Food was very good, we just had lunch and ordered hamburgers and Mac and cheese. Everything was cooked well and tasty. Service was very attentive. Great place to grab a meal and catch a show at the Curran.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mistake understood; apology please?SanFranSonDined on 12/20/2013We understand mistakes on a busy, busy Friday night. After we got home & discovered our bill included $50+ for items our group had not ordered, we called Daily Grill and they corrected the charge card amount. But is an apology --- not even a small token of compensation to acknowledge the error --- to much to ask?Special Features: