Daily Grill - San Francisco
347 Geary St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Daily Grill - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dailygrill.com/
- Phone: 4156165000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 7am-10pm
Friday & Saturday 7am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Davidssun McClary
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a private room, that seats 14 people, as well as a semi private area that can serve 20 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Fruehe 4156165000x
- Special Events: Daily Grill San Francisco has a private dining room for groups of 14. Private dining menus available. Semi-private dining for larger groups up to 100 people. Please inquire for additional information. 360 degree tour is available at dailygrill.com
A word from Daily Grill - San Francisco
Daily Grill is located on Geary, near Powell, only a half-block from Union Square and in the center of San Francisco’s theatre district. Comfortable and clubby with booths and high ceilings, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break from the bustle of Union Square. The large menu and comfortable decor makes the Daily Grill a favorite stop before or after the theatre. Daily Grill is an updated version of the San Francisco grills of the past, providing generous portions of classic American dishes, such as steaks, chops, chicken pot pie, and meat loaf...a neat, friendly place where one can get crab cakes or a burger, cobb salad or a ribeye along with martinis, single malts, microbrews and a good bottle of wine. The ambience is lively and clubby, with comfortable booths, dark woods and high ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Daily Grill - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Very nice lunchThierryVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had lunch there with the kids, the food is very good and the service was great, they have a 600 calories menu that is pretty tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendSacramento7Dined on 4/5/2014It seems if you have a reservation after 6PM you have a chance of being seated in an adjacent dining room which is really luxurious and quiet, very nice. Great menu, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinnerChuckVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great location for the theater. Atmosphere clubby, dark wood, white table cloths, old photos line the wall. Excellent service. Reasonable wine list. Food was very good, particularly the trout. Crab cakes also very good. Overall, quite good in comparison to other nearby choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special not so specialnoneVIPDined on 4/2/2014The rib eye special was so touted by the waiter that one in my party went for it. It was so tough he couldn't begin to finish it. If we hadn't had theater plans he would have sent it back. They took 1/2 off but should have taken the whole thing off. Disappointing.
- Great for allJanetVIPDined on 4/2/2014Went w 6 friends and each one was happy w their choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatSSPaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Never had bad meal & the service is outstanding. Zero complaints!Special Features:
- Good food, service, locationCindyDined on 3/28/2014The staff paid attention to my request for gluten free, and immediately gave us the appropriate menu when we arrived. The citrus salmon was wonderful! The waiter was attentive. I definitely will return for another delicious, especially since the location is so close to Union Square.Special Features:
- Great steaks!flvtgalDined on 3/24/2014Had an excellent meal. Recommend the fillet and the skirt steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSSPaVIPDined on 3/23/2014Love this place. Food great & price performer. Love the choices on the 600 calorie menuSpecial Features:
- Great menu, something forgenoDined on 3/22/2014Great menu, something for everybody, even a gluetten free menu. Good prices, good service, Not a regular, but go there 1-2 times a year, never disappoints. Close to Union SquareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014came back for probably the 20th time to this restaurant. Food, beverage, staff always consistently top notch. Made a good impression with my guests.Special Features:
- Wish they had a more quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014Wish they had a more quite area for a party of five Good tabe size, but just ut inthe middle of the place so got a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed another tasty meal at Daily Grill. Perfect spot when attending theatre/music event in downtown SF. Our server, Elliot, is our favorite, always ready to accomodate any special request.Special Features:
- Enjoyed my visit there againVirginiaDined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed my visit there again .... I like the ambience, the food, the location ... and the servers. Happy you finally got some black napkins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a great locationAnnieDined on 3/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner - great cocktails, delicous appetizers and wonderfully prepared food. Something for everyone on the menu - I ordered the Tuscan Brick Chicken and was not disappointed. Very good, and would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- very good but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2014for lunch, the special was $23 but much too large for a lunch dish, would have been better to reduce portion and price accordingly. drinks are very expensive, ended up with a $95.00 bill for 2 senior women!! too expensive all in all for what we had; but must say the seafood portions were very large and very good..Special Features:
- Can't Miss HereGood2meDined on 3/8/2014I eat here every time I am in San Francisco. It is adjacent to The Handlery Hotel on Geary Street. They serve BLD and have a lively, cool bar. Consistently good food. Great Manhattan Clam Chowder (red). Fresh, warm sourdough bread. I probably eat BLD here every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to a night outCasualDinerDined on 3/8/2014We swung in for dinner before a show at SF Playhouse on a Saturday night. Service was attentive but not over-bearing. Among our group we had the Filet Mignon, Skirt Steak, Trout Almondine, and Meatloaf. All were fantastic. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat.matinee Lunch at the GrillBenthereB4VIPDined on 3/8/2014We arrived a bit early however, our table was waiting . Our requested server Kris was right on task. The Ahi and Crab cake appetizers were delicious along with the warm fresh sour dough bread all complimented by the Markham 2012 Chardonnay Overall it was a fun Saturday Matinee luncheon at the Daily GrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with vegan/gluten free!HomerDined on 3/7/2014Had the Fillet, it was awesome. Staff was great, everyone LOVED their food. We had a gluten free diner with us, and she was very happy with her options, and the care they took to keep her food away from food with gluten! Eat there, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerSusanVIPDined on 3/5/2014Loved our dinner at the Daily Grill. The Hostess had the mostess, she was as nice as could be and our Server, Kwan, was outstanding. One of the best Servers ever. Food and wine were delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsWine4MeVIPDined on 3/5/2014Daily Grill is very consistent in its service and food. Love being able to book a reservation on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elliott, the GreatHilaryDined on 3/4/2014Our waiter was Elliott. He made the entire evening very special from the getgo. He asked if we were going to a play which we were and explained all specials perfectly. (Some waiters do not). He was extremely pleasant about everything. I believe he was our waiter the last time we were there, and he is definitely a keeper! Oh, by the way, the food was exquisite-- a lobster ravioli to die for and a salmon and asparagus special that was large enough for two dinners. The leftover is still in the frig.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Reasonably PricedcheapoYromanticoDined on 3/1/2014Awesome food and service. Wifey had Long Island iced tea that gave her a buzz before half finished. Her Filet Mignon was incredible. I had the Moroccan Chicken kabob; the best value in the place, quantity / buck. Came with greens and a wonderful rice (pilaf?) that had hearty brown rice, sliced almonds and something that went crunch. The chicken on the kabob was just spicy enough, with a cool cucumber dipping sauce. Our son had his first fish & chips and devoured it. Water glasses were kept filled. As it was my wife's birthday, our waiter brought a complementary brownie sundae that the 3 of us could barely finish, though it was nigh impossible to put down our spoons, it was so good! All that came to $90 inc. tax. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food and great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Great food and great atmosphere. Elliott our waiter did a terrific job with us. A terrific evening for a special mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before theatresandibDined on 2/26/2014This was a perfect choice for a theatre lunch. The food was excellent, service was attentive and professional (thanks Hunter!), and the entire experience was enjoyable on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureGParsonsDined on 2/22/2014We had dined at the Grill a few times and have never been disappointed. The menu covers the spectrum of appetites from light to a large meal and the variety is excellent. Our waiter was terrific and engaged with us throughout our experience here. Great location near Union Square and a great place to eat...the bar makes a great drink, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, convenient location.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014The Daily Grill is always good for food, service and atmosphere. The last time we dined at Daily Grill, I had the trout, which was cooked just right, and so tasty. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and found a lovely pairing. The location, just off Union Square and near the theatres, is a perfect one for theatre going or shopping or just browsing in the art galleries. We ask for a booth in the back to have a quieter experience when we are with guests. We've had brunch in the front room as well as dinner and enjoyed that area as well. We'll continue to return!Special Features:
- best Cobb in the cityDateNightVIPDined on 2/22/2014The Daily Grill is always a tasty treat! The Cobb salad is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varietyMariniteVIPDined on 2/19/2014Always accommodating. Big variety of entrees. Plentiful food.Special Features:
- Great !PrincipessaDined on 2/13/2014We always visit daily grill when SF and o. W again Not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/13/2014food was good and the service great...in and out in time for the theatre
- Lunch at the DailyVirginiaDined on 2/11/2014Always enjoy the dining there. Yesterday, a mature hostess was present and she is superior to other hosts/hostesses experienced in the past. Food is always good. A bit noisy yesterday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before the theatreCaptainVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great location for SF theatres. Extensive menu. Food is very good to outstanding and service is always excellent. Our favorite restaurant prior to the theatreSpecial Features:
- Very good for a chainbrentsDined on 2/8/2014The food is very good and the service is excellent. We have eaten at far worse restaurants for more money.Special Features:
- Increasingly a "destination"sfdiningisthebestDined on 2/5/2014I had a hard time answering the question above (What do you recommend this restaurant for?) because none of the boxes resonated with me. What I wanted to answer was 1) Good for people who are in the area already, and 2 ) Good for groups up to six--because large booths are great for that, (can't remember actually if big booths can fit 6 or only 4), and 3) Good for business meals for 2-6 (or 2-4 depending on capacity of large booths) people, because booths are quiet and perfect for "working lunches". I'm a reasonably frequent patron ( ~75% for business, and ~25%for personal). If reasonably priced valet parking were available, my patronage would likely be ~3X current. Then I'd consider/recommend it as "destination worthy".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good/BadDebSDined on 2/1/2014Table service for 6 in the bar: terrible. I got the check way before I got my drink, (bottle of beer). They ran out of well vodka so had to pour call, came back and changed the check (!), and still hadn't brought the drinks. Server was so worried about us closing out a tab before we were seated she lectured us, 3 times. That was the bad. By the time I finally got my beer it was time to be seated at the table. We were seated at a circular table which was very nice as we were having a reunion of sorts, and it was more than comfortable. The service was not rushed..Cobb salad was shredded lettuce, plank salmon and asparagus ($ extra charge) was cold. Other dinners were good. Waiter was very good, we were not rushed. I'd try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food & great serviceSSPaVIPDined on 2/1/2014We made special requests of the waiters who were beyond accommodating. When our chicken breast came out overcooked & dry, we mentioned it to the waiter who immediately took it away & came back a little later with super moist & yummy pieces.Special Features:
- Daily Grill DeliversDateNightVIPDined on 1/31/2014Always consistently good, the Daily Grill is a great place for locals and visitors. I usually order the Cobb Salad and am never disappointed. This dinner I ordered off the Prix Fix Menu and enjoyed a caprese salad, lemon chicken, and delicious cheesecake!Special Features:
- Consistent foodBiotechVIPDined on 1/30/2014Great American chop/ salads place to eat. Prices are good, it gets very busy so I always use Open Table to reserve.I would recommend this to a friend.