Cobblestones of Lowell
91 Dutton Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cobblestones of Lowell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobblestonesoflowell.com/
- Phone: 9789702282x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday summer hours 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: COBBLESTONES offers several separate private dining and function rooms. Personalized catering and off premise cocktail parties are also available for company gatherings and outings.
For further information or to discuss date availability please contact the Function Manager Kelli @ 978.970.2282
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful, historic private dining and function rooms are available for groups ranging from 16 to 100, depending upon menu and occasion.
First and second story rooms feature hardwood floors, tablecloth and candle and soft lighting with elegant architecture, perfect for dining and get togethers such as rehearsal dinners and pharmaceutical meetings.
The Third floor function room features leather couches, private oak bar, red felted regulation pool table, dance floor and satellite music and is perfect for birthday parties, reunions and celebrations that call for a more social, "party" atmosphere.
For more information or to discuss date availability, please contact the Function Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Function Manager Kelli Robarge 9789702282x
- Entertainment: Improv Lowell Comedy Night
2nd Friday of the month, beginning again in September!
Call for reservations.
- Cross Street: Merrimack Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Professional Lot next door at 75 Arcand Drive and is free most nights. The entrance is opposite the Lowell Police Station and one block prior South of the Paul E Tsongas Arena. Many street spaces and three Public Parking garages within a two block walk are also available.
A word from Cobblestones of Lowell
COBBLESTONES opened in 1994 in the historically designated “Yorick Building”. Built as an exclusive boarding house by the Merrimack Manufacturing Co. during the Industrial Revolution (1859) the proud tradition of excellence continues. Featuring spacious, private rooms and a "bustling" bar scene, COBBLESTONES has earned numerous awards, been widely reviewed and hosted many celebrity dinners including Serena and Venus Williams, Ray Romano and (still) heart throb Barry Manilow! COBBLESTONES' atmosphere and menu successfully juxtapose old school classics as Braised Short Ribs and Mushroom Bordelaise with more current favorites such as Blackened Jumbo Shrimp with Jalapeno Sweet Cream Sauce. Located in the heart of Lowell National Historic Park, within walking distance of all major downtown attractions, COBBLESTONES offers the elegance of a grand dining room and classic cocktails, as well as, a casual, hip lounge serving a wide variety of craft beers and cutting edge cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cobblestones of Lowell - Best Restaurants in Lowell ›
Cobblestones of Lowell reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012EVERYTHING WAS JUST AMAZING AND ON POINT, GREAT SUGGESTIONS FROM THE WAITER, MADE EN EVEN BETTER NIGHT OUT. THANKS AGAIN!!!Special Features:
- I took a friend visiting fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012I took a friend visiting from California to Cobblestones, not knowing what to expect. The food was amazing, as were the cocktails (try the house twist on a Moscow Mule--wonderful!) Our server Amy was outstanding--knowledgeable about the dishes, preparations, cocktails, and wine list! The building is classic and the decor warm and comfortable. The only negative was that there were no disability accommodations. The staff did say they had requested permission to make changes, but could not retrofit due to historic places regulations. All in all, a very enjoyable evening, and well worth exploring! A Fussy FoodieSpecial Features:
- Save your money, skip CobblestonesTrannieDined on 7/19/2012If you need to dine in this area, I would suggest saving your money and opting for a chain restaurant such as Outback, or something similar, rather than wasting your money on this restaurant. The food was awful and tasteless. In some cases (such as the salsa), it seems like it just came straight from a jar. I would never visit this restaurant again.
- meh...GMAN90125VIPDined on 6/13/2012its tough trying to find a good place in the Lowell Area... this is a decent choice but do not get too fancy in your menu choicesSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurant located inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Nice restaurant located in an older looking building - parking in in the back which can be confusing to find if you haven't been there before. I went on a Saturday night and it was not crowded at all. Servicer was nice and easy to get a hold of. Food was good, nothing out of the ordinary but no complaints. Not very expensive either. Good place for a casual dinner date. Would recommend to others although Lowell itself is pretty run down.Special Features:
- Interesting historical building,RitagonzVIPDined on 5/23/2012Interesting historical building, and hefty menu. I really wanted to go to their other restaurant, Moonstones, but there is no way to get reservations. Cobblestones clam chowder is home made with that bacon back drop that a true yankee kitchen can pull off, well balanced between cream and broth, good clam chunks. We also tried the mushroom flatbread - very flavorful. but the dissappointment came when we ordered the bone in rib eye that had a honey chili glaze. We asked NOT to have the glaze and unfortunately they MARINADE the beautiful piece of meat in this stuff. I don't want "sweet ribeye" leave alone one with a bone in... So, instead of 3 star, its a 2, for killing a great piece of meat with a subpar marinade. Disrespectful!
- We took mom there for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We took mom there for Mother's Day. There was a fixed menu, but lots to choose from. The food was really good. It did take a while for our waiter to come over and get things started, but then things went smoothly. Enjoyed!Special Features:
- My mother and I had greatNatalieDined on 5/12/2012My mother and I had great time. The food was great and the cocktails were very good. The only negative thing I would say was that you ran out of short ribs. I was looking forward to having them. I ended up getting the filet which was very good, but I would have loved the short ribs. Overall it was a great experience, can't wait to go back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceLarryVIPDined on 5/12/2012Another great dining experience with very good food and service. We will be back.Special Features:
- strikes a nice balanceMissFatFoodieDined on 5/12/2012The restaurant strikes a nice balance between more upscale/casual beer and snack socializing with a separate bar area where you can sit for quick casual bite and the slightly more formal dining room, well-appointed with quiet, lovely tables for couples or families. A lovely place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The problem with this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2012The problem with this restaurant is the noise level. They should do something about it. Food was fine, not super great. I gave it a try twice. Just too noisy to have a nice conversation at the table. May go back for convenience.
- We had a lovely ladies lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012We had a lovely ladies lunch. Historic building. Very tasty food. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- Grt-who'd a thunk Downtown LowellOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2012Everything was perfect especially, Suzy our server and my guests Filet Mignon ----- except for the boiled lobster which asked it the kitchen could present it " lazy man's " style having told Suzy it meant out fo the shell. It was presented with the tail removed and cut in half and the claws separated from the body. Worst of all the lobster was overcooked!!!!! The meat was very tough. It was slighly less tough than cracking the shell. ( No wonder the kitchen opted to not remove the meat from the shell. Having said that, we will return at some point and recommend it to others --- subject to the lobbie qualification.Special Features:
- Excellent food, I had a primeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2012Excellent food, I had a prime rib with Cajun cream sauce. Awesome!Special Features:
- Food was fair. Calamari wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2012Food was fair. Calamari was on the warm side and not cooked enough. Salad with scallops was okay - salad could have been more exciting versus lots of onions and carrots.. Wouldn't go back.
- My wife and I always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2012My wife and I always enjoy eating at Cobblestone's. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is relaxing. A nice way to end a day.Special Features:
- Overall wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012Loved it. We were going to a show and found this place because it was close so didn't really go for the food but was so impressed. Loved the waiter, Mike. He was so cute and very friendly. Had a great time with our little Girl's Nite Out and birthday surprise for my friend. He came over and sang Happy Birthday...just a perfect evening. Glad we had plenty of parking too.Special Features:
- The restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012The restaurant was recommended on the Auditorium website and everything was wonderful and most of all, the food was delicious!
- Over all great food, terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2012Over all great food, terrific service. The bouillabaisse is out of this world!Special Features:
- My first visit here and bothOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2012My first visit here and both my guest and I were completely impressed.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2012The overall experience was very good. Down side was that it was very loud in the dinning room area and the pour was small on drinks and wine.Special Features:
- The food was tremendous -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012The food was tremendous - everything had high points. The ambience was a little too banquet hall-ish; in the purple/auburn room, it felt like we were at a wedding reception or a corporate event of sorts. Our waitress (Kristen, I think) was fantastic, full of energy, good humor and knowledge of the menu(s). It was a great experience overall - a little pricey, but we had a great dinner.Special Features:
- First time dinning there andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2012First time dinning there and it was a nice surprise. Good variety on the menu but nothing fancy. Service was very good. Had the prime rib which was excellent. Will definitely be back and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- We decided to take some friendsDelightfulDined on 3/2/2012We decided to take some friends here before a concert. Our server was great, she got us in and out with no problem meeting our venue time! Thank you for a great night.Special Features:
- We were generally disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012We were generally disappointed. This was anniversary dinner and didn't measure up to the occasion.
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012This is the second time we've been here. Had a wonderful meal. I had the Haddock and my wife the scallops. Good desserts as well. The only negative was the overuse of dressing on the Caesar salad. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- Not many late night options...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2012Not bad, but really nothing special. Steak's mushroom sauce was kind of salty. Dined late on a Friday night and restaurant was eerily quiet.
- This is a very large restaurant,EmilyDined on 2/17/2012This is a very large restaurant, with many rooms. The wait staff is very attentive without being in your face. Nice to have such a place in downtown Lowell. It's been here for many years.Special Features:
- Cobblestones of LowellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012It's always a treat to eat at Cobblestones. The ambience is so special right down to the crisp white table linen! It's pricey, but maybe that was a special Valentine's price. ($81 for 2 people; no alcohol). We have been there before, but I forget what the cost was.Special Features:
- Quite disappointingDianacanDined on 2/12/2012Cobblestones is a lovely restaurant with a welcoming and professional waitstaff. The food, however, was disappointing. A beet salad for eight dollars that contained four paper thin slices of beet seems like a rip off. My scallop entree and side of potato were satisfactory, but served lukewarm, as was a bowl of chowder. My husband's ribs of beef were overcooked, overly sweet, and not served hot.. Cobblestones has so much potential, but the food suggests lack of commitment to excellence. Sorry to say that we are not likely to return.Special Features:
- Would highly recommend. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2012Would highly recommend. Food was fantastic an the service was very quick and overall excellent!Special Features:
- I have been to CobblestonesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2012I have been to Cobblestones twice since moving to Lowell. On both occasions I have been pleased with the food and the service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting the area.Special Features:
- First time there - nice place,pattyDined on 1/11/2012First time there - nice place, food good. When in Lowell would probably return.Special Features:
- Had lunch. Staff were wonderful,SteakloverVIPDined on 1/8/2012Had lunch. Staff were wonderful, the food plentiful and tastySpecial Features:
- The only think that couldOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/7/2012The only think that could be improved is that they should have Valet ParkingSpecial Features:
- Best venue for a group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012We had a group event at the Tsongas arena. Walking distance and the ability to seat 12 people was a key requirement for us. With other good reviews I thought we would enjoy this venue. I was thrilled with our experience and my guest thought the same. We had a few members of our party arrive late, they handled the late arrivals with grace and speed. Our staff was attentive and very pleasant. Cobblestones created the best and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is coming to the area.Special Features:
- Fine dining at big chain prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011This is a wonderful local resturant! I've seen reviews complain about decor but really it's not that bad. The noise level was my only disappoint. But overall you get fine dining at the price of the outback!Special Features:
- Although I've lived in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Although I've lived in the area all of my life and have always heard good things about Cobblestones, this was my first visit. We went for New Year's Eve dinner so they had a special menu. My husband and I enjoyed our meals and our service and we are anxious to go back to check out their standard menu. It was such a comfortable and warm atmosphere...especially the real fireplace that was going as we walked in the door. Our server's name was Steven and he was very attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Nice Evening for New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Felecia our server was excellent. Very energetic. She recommended the house specialties and was very prompt with our needs. As always the filot was great.Special Features:
- had a great time and the foodRobSVIPDined on 12/30/2011had a great time and the food was very good especially the cajun rib eye and the pork shank. Chef brought out a sample of the mushroom risotto after we had commented on wanting to try it the next time we were in. Very nice touch! Our server Liz, was absolutely terrific!Special Features: