Cobblestones of Lowell
91 Dutton Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cobblestones of Lowell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobblestonesoflowell.com/
- Phone: 9789702282x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday summer hours 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: COBBLESTONES offers several separate private dining and function rooms. Personalized catering and off premise cocktail parties are also available for company gatherings and outings.
For further information or to discuss date availability please contact the Function Manager Kelli @ 978.970.2282
- Entertainment: Improv Lowell Comedy Night
2nd Friday of the month, beginning again in September!
Call for reservations.
- Cross Street: Merrimack Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Professional Lot next door at 75 Arcand Drive and is free most nights. The entrance is opposite the Lowell Police Station and one block prior South of the Paul E Tsongas Arena. Many street spaces and three Public Parking garages within a two block walk are also available.
A word from Cobblestones of Lowell
COBBLESTONES opened in 1994 in the historically designated “Yorick Building”. Built as an exclusive boarding house by the Merrimack Manufacturing Co. during the Industrial Revolution (1859) the proud tradition of excellence continues. Featuring spacious, private rooms and a "bustling" bar scene, COBBLESTONES has earned numerous awards, been widely reviewed and hosted many celebrity dinners including Serena and Venus Williams, Ray Romano and (still) heart throb Barry Manilow! COBBLESTONES' atmosphere and menu successfully juxtapose old school classics as Braised Short Ribs and Mushroom Bordelaise with more current favorites such as Blackened Jumbo Shrimp with Jalapeno Sweet Cream Sauce. Located in the heart of Lowell National Historic Park, within walking distance of all major downtown attractions, COBBLESTONES offers the elegance of a grand dining room and classic cocktails, as well as, a casual, hip lounge serving a wide variety of craft beers and cutting edge cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cobblestones of Lowell - Best Restaurants in Lowell ›
Cobblestones of Lowell reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great!jjsianoDined on 5/7/2013Went there for my wife's birthday. Everything was terrific. The short ribs were unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took Mother twice to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Took Mother twice to this restaurant & both times were VERY NICE! The ribs app fall off the bone & the scallpos are perfect. Will go a third.Special Features:
- This was our first time atGarWVIPDined on 4/12/2013This was our first time at Cobblestone's and we were quite impressed. The service was friendly, the food was fairly good, and the décor was 100% new england. However, the cocktails were what stuck with us...having just re-watched "Casino Royale"; I ordered (several of) the "Vesper" drinks and was struck by the competency of the barkeeper. I imagine we'll be back.Special Features:
- Waitress was attentive withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013Waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Food was very good except the clam chowder was too salty for my taste. Cobb salad was very good. They have an extensive beer selection. Deserts were fine. Overall very pleasant. Not inexpensive.Special Features:
- Our first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Great time me and my girlfriend had a great time the food was very good she had stuffed lobster I had prime rib it was very good i just wish there was a choose for a larger slice i got the 16oz piceSpecial Features:
- It was a little expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2013It was a little expensive, but the food was great (a very nice menu) and the service was amazing. The waitress was very attentive, food and drinks were delivered in a timely manner, without being pushy. The kitchen were creative in accomodating some special requests due to dietary restrictions. Overall, our experience was a very pleasurable one and we would happily go back again.Special Features:
- This restaurant has consistentlyJoanDined on 3/23/2013This restaurant has consistently good food, excellent service, and comfortable, attractive surroundings, in a historic setting. I have never been disappointed. We eat here regularly before attending the Merrimack Repertory Theatre, and they are sensitive to getting us out on time.Special Features:
- I've eaten here several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013I've eaten here several times and have always had a good meal. I always order fish whether it be the fish tacos, salmon or the special and have never been disappointed. The service is very good - attentive but not bothersome. It can be a little noisy but what restaurant isn't especially when it's busy and it's never been to the point where I couldn't carry on a conversation at my table. Overall, I would recommend Cobblestones as a good solid choice for dining.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013The food was very good and everyone finished their meal without any complaints(there were eight of us.) The table was round, which was ideal for our group, and although the room was a bit noisy, the ambiance at Cobblestones was very nice. Our only complaint was the service was a bit slow and the parking situation was the worst I've ever encountered. But you can't beat the food and restaurant interiorSpecial Features:
- Always surprised by Cobblestones.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Always surprised by Cobblestones. Great food and wait staff.Special Features:
- Petite filet = VERY petite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013The petite filet mignon is miniscule. Smallest portion ever seen. The wine filled 1/3 of the glass. The food was tasty and well prepared. The service was good.
- Excellent except when tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013Excellent except when trying to substitute a veggie for another veggie. Our waiter had to check with the chef first. The haddock was not the best I've had and the mashed potatoes were horrible. The appetizers and salad was excellent. The bread and butter was very good. The service from our waiter was over the top - he was excellent. It's a very nice restaurant and I'm sure I would return, but would not order the haddock again.Special Features:
- I asked for a substitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013I asked for a substitution and they incorporated it into the dish as if thats how it was originally on the menu.... amazing. Fish was fresh and service was well above average. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Amy our server was warm, knowledgeaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Amy our server was warm, knowledgeable and a great sense of humor. Food served on time and correctly in between courses. Amy gave us great recommendations as well. Thank you Amy. Also the hostess checked in with us towards the end of the meal to check on everything. "Well done"Special Features:
- Selection was great, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Selection was great, service was outstanding. Romantic setting and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend it and highly will come back again.Special Features:
- Not recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013They advertised a warming fireplace in the lobby. It wasn't burning. The restaurant was almost empty, even for a Monday, brightly lit, not very romantic. Parking is pitiful. The menu stated "white truffle" on one of the appetizers when actually it was white truffle oil. My prime rib and my husband's New York strip were cold, our baked potatoes were lukewarm and didn't even melt butter. We skipped dessert not wanting to take the risk. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!
- Don't order the prime rib!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013I ordered the 12 oz. prime rib abd alot of it was fat. Very disappointed by that and feel like I didn't get what I ordered, especially for the price.Special Features:
- One of the few that are truly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013Cobblestones and its sister Moonstones in Chelmsford never disappoint. I happen to think that Cobblestones is a bit better, but I like Moonstone’s location better and go there more often. This time we were 6 and together we ordered a wide variety of items. All were very good, except, perhaps the Onion Soup, which was a bit over salty. Always recommended.Special Features:
- Cobblestones has become myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2012Cobblestones has become my favorite go-to for a great meal that won't disappoint. From their herb-flavored butter and bread to their varied drinks menu and their amazing steaks, I've been pleasantly satisfied each and every visit. My favorites so far are: wild mushroom flatbread, Cajun blackened prime rib, chicken marsala, Red White and Bleu burger and the Yahoo! burgerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful service, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012Wonderful service, fantastic food, beautiful decor. Nothing more to say. We will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/8/2012Very nice setting and our table was ready early, but the food was not outstanding or memorable. Our waitress was very pleasant but forgot our order and had to come back to verify it (she hadn't written it down). The wine orders were small.
- My meal was just okay butFoodiesVIPDined on 12/6/2012My meal was just okay but my cousins was very good. The service was good but we got rushed a bit, which I questioned and then it was fine. The restaurant is very nice and elegant though.Special Features:
- We have been here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012We have been here several times. The food is always good although not imaginative. The wait staff perform well. Not overly attentive, but they do not ignore you. It is just the right balance.Special Features:
- Average mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2012Strange odor greeted us as we entered the dining room--fishy smell--accompanied by a blast of hot air; an auspicious start to a nice dinner. The smell dissipated by the time we were seated. The menu was nice with some creative features and mostly standard fare. We shared the fried brie appetizer, a delicious twist on the fairly standard baked brie appetizer. It was tasty, though a bit small for the $8 or $10 price. My "theater cut" prime rib was fine and I liked the roasted half head of garlic garnish (though my dining mates were a bit confused by it!). Mashed potatoes were nothing special and onion strings were adequate. I tried a specialty drink: "Muddy Waters." Delicious mix that I would have again and dessert worthy.Special Features:
- Trying another restaurant next timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012The food was very slow to come out and some of the meals were not prepared as we had ordered. The staff was nice to us but the kitchen can use some better management in theuir food service. The presentation of the meals were not good. Small portions on large plates made the meals look even smaller. We were going to buy gift certificates for the holidays but changed our minds after we ate there.Special Features:
- What an extensive beer andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2012What an extensive beer and wine list! Every dish we ordered was amazing!!Special Features:
- Great food!! Very reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012Great food!! Very reasonable prices with great service.Special Features:
- What a great find from yourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012What a great find from your website. Truly enjoyed our entire experience. The hostess was welcoming. Our reserved table was in a more formal diningroom. When we respectfully asked if we could sit in the pub (a more casual environment) the hostess graciously accomodated our request. Matthew the bartender was well versed with the menu. He made us feel right at home with his great personality. We started with shrimp cocktail & Wellfleet oysters. Followed up with a sirloin steak. Rather than have the carbo filled sides we opted for a house salad with fresh tomato/basil/vinagrette (not from a bottle). Everything was so fresh & perfectly prepared. Kudos to the chef & the entire staff! Looking forward to going back real soon!Special Features:
- The server was harried;sheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012The server was harried;she left us several times in the middle of trying to take our order to attend to something else. We felt as if she was annoyed with our questions. We did not get bread until we asked, and she did tell not tell us all the specials;we got the full list by listening to another server describe them to the table next to us. My husband had the prime rib, and it was great. My filet was overcooked and flavorless. There were no options for green vegetables on the menu. The "vegetable" choices consisted of several varieties of potatoes, carrots, cauliflower au gratin, and the vegetable of the day was corn. I asked if I could get the cauliflower plain and was told no.
- Our group of 5 really enjoyedJoanDined on 9/27/2012Our group of 5 really enjoyed our meal there. Our waitress was fantastic and made the experience a lot of fun. Food was good and it was really quiet, which was fabulous for us "seniors."Special Features:
- A co-worker told me aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012A co-worker told me about Cobblestone's, so I tried it. It has become one of my favorite restaurants since then. I've never had mac and cheese like that before, & I can't get enough. Great service and atmosphere. Friendly, professional, attentive, & knowledgeable servers. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Had a girls night out dinnerMaryDined on 9/15/2012Had a girls night out dinner at Cobblestone's on a Saturday night. They were very accommodating and let us hang out in the bar till the late members of our group arrived for our reservation. Food was very good and the service was very friendly. We ordered a couple of apps and I had the shrimp scampi.Special Features:
- We ate here before we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012We ate here before we went to Merrimack Reperatory Theatre as we've done several times in the past. The food is always good and the price us fair for the food. The wait staff is very attentive and courteous. It is one of my favorite places to eat in Lowell.Special Features:
- A surprising find in Lowell.lisajerriDined on 9/7/2012A surprising find in Lowell. Equal to, but quite different from, their sister restaurant, Moonstones, in Chelmsford.Special Features:
- Food was poor for the highOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Food was poor for the high price. Also the outdoor patio which is placed in the middle of an ugly, loud intersection did not make for a good date night.
- Took a few collegues to dinnerDotSDined on 8/29/2012Took a few collegues to dinner last week. The food was very good (between us we selected a variety of dishes including pasta, crab cakes, fish tacos etc, service was excellent, and wine selection was great. A bit disappointed that they had only 1 bottle of Klinkerbrick in stock, our second option was not as good. Plan to be back before too long!Special Features:
- We ate in the main diningJRTagDined on 8/25/2012We ate in the main dining room, a very classic space. Food was great, service was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Prior to this visit, I'd onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Prior to this visit, I'd only ever spent time in the bar area of Cobblestones. This time, we were seated in a quieter dining area. There weren't many other diners, unsurprising for a Tuesday night, and our waitress checked in at appropriate intervals. She was very helpful in communicating with the kitchen over dietary restrictions, and they were happy to accommodate gluten-free needs. All in all, a great dining experience, though a bit on the pricey side. However, food quality was great, and drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Waitress was kind and helpful with suggestions. Atmosphere and decoration of beautiful old building just wonderful. Great experience all-around.Special Features:
- Nice dinner here with my husbandBonniegalVIPDined on 8/4/2012Nice dinner here with my husband and some friends. Prime rib was outstanding, lobster risotto was good but not great. Wait service was somewhat hurried, but we made it clear we didn't want to be rushed. Would return when in the area again.Special Features: