Buca di Beppo - San Diego
705 6th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6192337272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Domingo Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: G Street
- Public Transit: San Diego Trolley - Orange Line or Red Line - Gaslamp Quarter stop.
San Diego Metro transit - bus stop at Market & 6th.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service Friday and Saturday- $20.00 ($15 with validation)
Paid street, metered parking. Street parking is free after 6pm.
Public parking at Horton Plaza: free before 9pm with validation.
Paid public parking (Park It on Market, located on Market & 6th Street)
A word from Buca di Beppo - San Diego
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Buca di Beppo - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- InvisibleMistreatedDined on 5/24/2014Upon being seated, my party of four became invisible. Within 20 feet, four servers were present and not doing anything noticeable for over 10 minutes. I finally had to go to the greeters podium to ask for a server. The price of pasta entrees was outrageous. Due to the significance of the meal and having a veteran with his wife present, we proceeded with our meal. Upon receiving a server, we were instantly directed to an upscale for beer or wine. We were given plates for bread. When The entrees arrived, we only had the bread plates and the person who brought the food swiftly left and again no staff returned for sometime. We finally had to go and get someone to get us dinner plates. The food was average and highly overpriced.
- excellentniceDined on 5/24/2014my son chose it for his Bday and loved it.we will recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:
- No goodGordisDined on 5/18/2014I didnt like the service. Wrong plates-wrong size- bill was more then we expectSpecial Features:
- Fun Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014My children's took me here for Mother's Day and we had a good old fashion Italian dinner. The food was delicious and our waitress was very attentive to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunch with 19 peopleCd1785Dined on 5/11/2014We recently had our Mother's Day lunch at this location. Among others, we had in our group: 5 mothers, 4 toddlers and 3 preteens. Our server was an angel to put up with that madness. Never been to a Buca's before, we did not know that they served family style, so I asked the server how many entrées we should have for a party of the size. He was right on with his suggestion. We would have ate everything, if we would not have ordered more and had to take it home! The food was amazing. You must try the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's dayDfamDined on 5/11/2014My family and I came to this restaurant to celebrate my first Mother's day. The staff was very friendly and my 1 yr old loved looking at all the pictures on the wall. Buca di Beppo is very family & kid friendly. The food is very good and the portions are so large that sharing is mandatory. My husband and I shared the trio appetizer and the baked ziti. We didn't have any room for dessert and even went home with leftovers. Our evening would have been perfect if our waiter was more attentive but overall it was a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014we had 3 small grandchildren with us for dinner and it was just what they needed. they could enjoy talking with out being told to be quite and they had the perfect amount of food to share between the 3 of them by sharing 2 kid meals. we liked the new menus and light up cup for the kids!!!!Special Features:
- Good for family time, but...Tuski03Dined on 5/10/2014Not my kind of place. The carbonara had no flavor, the salt shaker saved it a little. Were not please with the style - the bulk servings, army style, are not enticing. Not cozy or inviting. Good for large groups with no great expectations.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Great employees and good food. This restaurant is my new favorite spot. Love the food love the pictures and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food and service are always good here. That's what keeps us coming back for more!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Kat was fantastic! Great experience. This was a group outing and this restaurant is well-designed for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TraditionIlovePizzaDined on 4/20/2014This is my third time in two years as part of my anniversary tradition. We dined here for wedding night, first year anniversary, and now are second year anniversary; each time has been amazing. Our waitress was kind, and came to make sure we were fine. The food was delicious and tasteful. I hope that Bucca does not change as this place is a gem. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience for large groups!EricDined on 4/20/2014We love Buca di Beppo and have been there several times, but don't think of it as a place for a quiet meal. We went on Easter and the food was great, but there was a lot of 'other' activity... photographers taking everyone's picture, etc.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceSDCoupleDined on 4/20/2014Had a wonderful Easter lunch with the whole family, ranging from age 3 to 69! Our server was excellent! I would suggest that multiple parties with kids should not be seated in the room next to the bar, as the sounds level in that tiny space was extremely high with our one young child and the 4 kids in the party sharing the room with us. Also, the hosts at the entrance were not very friendly, taking the job of seating people more important than greeting guests in a friendly, inviting manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSammyDined on 4/19/2014Awesome food. Service and atmosphere. Thank you; We will defiantly come back and bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Reunion Dinner in San Diego 201cgfeseDined on 4/13/2014Chose this location for an affordable girlfriend reunion dinner in San Diego April 2014. We wanted to have a great environment with good food and wine to share and be allowed time to talk and laugh. We were most happy to find and enjoy healthy choices of entries on the menu. The Chicken Limone and the Chicken Parm were outstanding. Highly recommend this local gem on 6th in downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceGreatserviceDined on 4/12/2014The resturant it's self was great, but our waiter didn't do very well. The food was great also, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceBoboDined on 4/8/2014I really enjoyed the great food and happy atmosphere in Buca di Beppo.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed that pricesdianer21Dined on 3/29/2014A bit disappointed that prices have gone up more than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DaniB619Dined on 3/22/2014So we came here on a Saturday night with a large group of family. The food was delicious, as always. We ordered the apple & gorgonzola salad, spaghetti & meatballs, eggplant parmagiana and the quattro al forno. Everything was very good, considering that this is a chain restaurant. The only issue was the service regarding our drink orders. It took FOREVER to get our drinks every time we needed more, and one of our party was brought the wrong drink, only to have to wait FOREVER yet again for the drink that he actually ordered. Other than that, the service was pretty good and also friendly.Special Features:
- Great Family DininglookingforfoodDined on 3/15/2014I'm not big on the "let's all share" kind of dining, but Buca does it very well. The portions are huge, prices low, taste good, service very good. We had 9 of us for dinner. The most difficult part of the evening was deciding what to get. Once we all found some common ground the meal was fantastic. All the food was great. We had fun. The service was great. Take some time to notice all of the funky wall coverings. I told my wife we should adopt some of the dining atmosphere at home - Christmas lights hanging on the wall and a bowling pin on a mantle attached to the wall. Priceless.Special Features:
- Family night outcheysmomDined on 3/15/2014This is was a special occasion because I was having dinner for the first time with my daughter's, new boyfriend and my niece from Ohio who has never been to a Buca di Beppo. My daughter's boyfriend was excited to dine here because it was his first time as well. The food was delicious, fresh and satisfying!. The mozzarella-caprese appetizer was superb! We had the 4 for $40 meal offer and highly recommend it because you get a well rounded meal for a great price. Our server was not very engaging, seemed to be in a hurry and only starting to become friendly towards the end of the meal when it was time to pay the bill. Needless to say, his tip reflected his service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and service!DeanDined on 3/15/2014We had reservations for 5:45 and were seated right away. Very good service and great recommendations from our waitress. We went with her recommendations and were very satisfied with our meal. We splurged and ordered the Colossal Brownie Sunday which was great. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014everything was delicious, excellent service and the waiter tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceKarenDined on 3/7/2014Came here for my birthday dinner, my party of 12 had great service. Great food overall! Only thing I may criticize is the fettuccine alfredo with chicken, not enough sauce so it seemed a little dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceBugaDined on 3/1/2014Had a reservation at 4:45 but didn't get seated until 5:05 - 20 minutes later. Other than that the food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedGo4itDined on 2/25/2014We had been to your restaurant in Anahiem last year and really enjoyed the meal. The gas lamp venue was very disappointing. The meals were not well done. The eggplant parmigiana was overdone and the slice of eggplant encrusted in it was so thin, it was like eating deep fried bread crumbs. The calamari was just as bad. The service was very good and the atmosphere fun, but I would not go back for the food again. Sorry, but very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great start for Girls Nite OutDances4FunDined on 2/19/2014I dined here with a group of 12 ladies for a Girls Nite Out party. The online reservation process was easy and I received a confirmation call. We arrived to find a very friendly staff that showed us to our own private room with a booth just perfect for the size of our group. We ordered 2 large salads, garlic bread with cheese, baked ziti, and fettuccini Alfredo, plus2 bottles house wine. All in all we thought the food was great. The salads were very tasty and the ziti was my favorite pasta. This turned out to be plenty of food for our group and there were even leftovers. Our waiter was very helpful with the ordering process and kept us supplied with water and wine glasses. It was also a great starting place for our night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always been fans ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014We have always been fans of Bucas, but this time we found the food to be just ok...not bad, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food great placeFernDined on 2/17/2014The chicken parmesan was really good! This place is awesome great look and great food you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayfatladywhosangDined on 2/14/2014food was delicious, good service for a place that was "packed" all there staff acts like robots who are happy all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had my reservation at 9:15,yummyinmytummyDined on 2/14/2014Had my reservation at 9:15, checked in and was at my table by 9:22!!!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day LunchLarryBDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife out for a Valentine's Day lunch. Hostess was extremely friendly. Food was fantastic. Service was excellent. Totally recommend and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great times, Great FoodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I really enjoyed having dinner again at Buca di Beppo. I've dined here many times with family before and the customer service was great. If I had to say anything, I'd say that I enjoyed the Parmesan chicken (I believe...) and the Salmon Pesto. The Ravioli was good but lacked a little bit of flavor. Overall, had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Groups and Kids!!BucaDined on 1/31/2014We had a great time at Buca, we had 12 people in our party and the majority of them being kids and they loved the food!! It was great that we had two waiters for our table which helped speed up the ordering process!Special Features:
- Bad PlanningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Arrived at 7pm on a Saturday and they were all out of Lasagna.Special Features:
- Had a goid time.LynnDined on 1/18/2014We had a goid experience. Our food came out fast and it was really good. Staff weere very attentive, overall a very nice dinner for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOliveDined on 1/18/2014This is the third time I have been to bucadibeppo and the food and staff are great! I would come back and bring my family on a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Family FoodPjmcDined on 1/4/2014As always, the food tasted amazing! The portions are very large, as expected and as the price reflects. The choices are great! It would be nice to have the table cleared from the extra plates and glasses, however, to make room for all of the food platters and new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food selection,serviceHungry4dinnerDined on 1/3/2014Great food selection,service very good,food was served in a timely manor,will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.