Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
80 West Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6267927272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (65)kid-friendly (49)special occasion (46)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- I was quite disappointed!nuguDined on 3/13/2014I used to enjoyed Bucca di Beppo food. I'm not sure if it's just this time but...... Service was really nice, staff were really attentive but what happened with the food? we order spaghetti with meat balls and one more pasta dish. spaghetti was blend and the other pasta dish were so dry and no taste that we didn't care asking for extra sauce. I was quite disappointed. and to top it off a loud family were seated next to us and we could hardly hear our own voices.
- Good foodJessieDined on 3/10/2014Simply good food...good price, very easy, a great place to eat as a familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014I took a party of nine people here for my son's birthday, 2 teens, 1 child, and 6 adults. We had a lively party and a lot of fun. We were not hurried, and enjoyed ourselves fully. The food was great, hot when it was served, and plentiful. About three hours dinner and pre dinner drinks total...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!742MARKETINGDined on 3/4/2014Went for dinner with my family and found to be in a place of heaven for the quality and quantity of food that was served for what we ordered. great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Large PartiesBellaFamiliaDined on 3/4/2014Mind you that we scheduled our dinner for a Tue night, but it was the perfect fit for our large party. We initially made the online reservation 5 days ahead online at 2am - and that was easy. But it got easier as they placed in the cutest niche corner for our party of 13 with last minute guests added to the table. So it was intimate and cozy to be in their back area which they were able to reserve for us. The food was awesome, served promptly and large enough portions for everyone to take home something. The servers were pleasant and kept checking on us. So overall it was the perfect dining experience that made the celebration a lot more personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Excellent service. Food was delicious and they had the place set up elegantly. We had a large group for our event and we were seated right away after making reservations. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dateChavez13sgDined on 2/27/2014I celebrated my valintines day here and it was great. We had a quiet and romantic dinner. The service was fast. The food was great and I will have plenty of more dates hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than StellarJoseDined on 2/23/2014The food (when we received it) was great as always. However, it was apparent from the start that our waiter was not in the mindset to work this day. The service lacked the certain flair I have to expect from Buca, from having to ask for "house bread" to having to ask for butter. Its the simple things that put a damper on the visit, taking 15 minutes for a dessert was the final straw. I explained to the manager the poor received and observed when our same waiter was called over by another patron, rolling ones eye as you turn away solidified his poor demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected treatmimwDined on 2/22/2014The food was exceptional and service was great. Our unexpected treat was being asked if we wanted to sit at the kitchen table. My husband has always wanted to do this in a restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We're here visiting our grandchildren and they thought it was great also. I told my husband the best dish, of the 4 we ordered, was the one I was eating at that particular time. I really could not pick a favorite, they were all good. We started with Calamari & Mussels Bianco. Then had the 1893 & Caesar Salads, with Short Ribs, Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken, Penne San Remo, and Shrimp Fra Diavolo for Entrees. We couldn't miss dessert so we ordered the Cannoli to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly reviewhappyoneDined on 2/22/2014Our experience was extremely positive. Our group included 6 women who have been friends since graduating college in 1976. We regularly get together, every 3 to 4 months just to stay in touch and support each other as life happens. Thank you for helping to make our gathering comfortable and very inexpensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Everything was really good. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienceing Italy in Pasadena CAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We came to this restaurant from time to time for over 10yrs for different occasions, either to celebrate birthdays, graduations, group meetings. Every time when there is a big group gathering, we think of Buca. However, this time we only went there in four, just missing the Mixed Green Salad. Initially we were brought to a table in a very larger dining room, after I request to change to a smaller room so that we can have a better conversation, the manager and the server happily open the closed small section without any questions. How sweet is that. We enjoy the rest of the meal and services very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Servicefine2dineDined on 2/15/2014Celebrated my birthday and the service was very slow and I had a group of 6 people. It could have been a busy night but none the less my celebration did not feel special and the waiter was not attentive to my party.Special Features:
- 30th BirthdaydebgDined on 2/15/2014Fun, Food and Family!!! Always a great time...especially at the "kitchen" table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not like the serviceNotAHappyCustomerDined on 2/14/2014I did not like the service here at all. I had to send by my pasta twice because it was not cooked all the way. It was super hard. Also I had to ask 3 times for a refill and ask for plates to serve our pasta. This was a horrible way to spend my valentines day with my husband and daughter. So disappointed.
- Super cool!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My wife loves it and the food is great. Customer service is awesome never had any problems getting in and out highly recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Valentine's Friend DateBarbieDined on 2/14/2014Came here with my co-worker for a hearty meal and got just what I hoped for! It's great for groups, so I shared a dish, which also cuts back the funds in my pocket :) I love the house bread. I just wish the waiters delivered it sooner and in larger portions as they do the actual dishes. Also the calamari was delish! Definitely wouldn't mind returning again in the future.Special Features:
- Food was exquisite, greatWonderfoodDined on 2/14/2014Food was exquisite, great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. Definitely the perfect place to go celebrate or to take a date. Its a little slice of Italy in La . The lasagna and the margherita pizza were delicious. The portions are very generous and ingredients taste as if they were hand picked from mother Italy's bountiful gardens .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family FunOscarDined on 2/8/2014Great place to be to celebrate an occasion. The service was excellent and the food always yummy. Great portions to share with family or friends. We had reservations at 7:45 pm through open table, but didn't get sit down until about 8:20, when asked the ETA of our table I was told I was number #2 on wait list .... So does that mean that opentable reservations are not the same as calling the restaurant for reservations?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2eatDined on 2/8/2014We were seated in a very tight space and when we talked to the manager he quickly made accommodations. They offered several items but didn't push on them. Had a wonderful time and left offersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally ,Very PositiveDFavoriteFamilyRestaurantDined on 2/1/2014The wait for a table for four was greater than half hour with a reservation. This is a local favorite, but the wait was excessive when a reservation was made twenty four hours ahead. The food was fresh and satisfying, and the servers were attentive and friendly. I will take family and friends back, but will not bother with making a reservation because the wait will remain excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDealvnDined on 1/29/2014One word...Mucho! Large portions holy molllley! Great service...servers very attentive and knowledgeable...fabulous experiance, def will recommend for family dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner was a surpriseLolitaDined on 1/25/2014The dinner was a surprise and the hostess walked us to the table and did not mention the surprise even the staff knew. My husband was very surprise.Special Features:
- Hostess Needs Attitude AdjustmentRicheleDined on 1/25/2014Our "hostess" when we came in was named Sarah. We had a reservation for 20 people at 5 p.m. for a 17th birthday party for our daughter. Sarah was NOT friendly at all; actually her attitude was rather cold and indifferent. We had 2 birthday cakes which were promptly taken to the kitchen to be served later. I had 3 small flower arrangements for the table and 2 helium balloons I wanted to tie on a chair back. We were not allowed to place the flowers or the balloons before we were seated even though I explained that it was a PARTY we were there for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good timeluvdelicaciesDined on 1/21/2014Buca di Beppo is a great restaurant for fun and lively gatherings. The food is great, and the portions are huge, especially the "large" ones!! Birthdays are always great, and the staff always make a fun rendition of Buca's special birthday song.Special Features:
- Food was great had great time.....sjulianDined on 1/19/2014Food was great had great time.....service was awsomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJonseyDined on 1/19/2014The food was excellent. The servers were great. The prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/18/2014Disappointed that we had to wait 40 minutes, even with a reservation. 8:15dinner, 10:15 movie tickets. Missed the movie (arclight) and did not get to enjoy the birthday dessert. The table was too small for our group of 12 and other parties were crammed into the same room. Sign said "seats 28" - actually 42 people in the small room. Not the usual experience at Buca this time around.
- Absent waiterBirthday6Dined on 1/18/2014We dine often at Buca di Beppo in Pasadena. We usually have excellent service. Specifically, the waiter who attended us the last two visits was excellent. I am sorry to say I can not say the same about our visit on January 18, 2014. Our waiter was practically absent the whole time, we had to flag down other waiters to inquire about our food. Our waiter did not check in with us and we ended with a different waiter by the end of our visit although we could still see our initial waiter walking around the restaurant. Fortunately, the food was excellent as always. I'm hoping we do not get his waiter again. If so, he definitely needs more customer service training.Special Features:
- Accomdations made for an elderlyPrty4GrampsDined on 1/12/2014Accomdations made for an elderly parent, however the special accomodations put us in the middle of the walkway at the bar. Food was excellent, service could have been more attentive. Ambiance is good and festive. When celebrating a birthday you're always expecting atleast a little something for the birthday person.......the song was cute, but a tiny piece of somethng or a half scoop of ice cream would go along way. No complimentary bread :(Special Features:
- My ExperiencesatisfiedDined on 1/8/2014I have been to the Pasadena location a few times. When I went to Bucca on 1/8, I was really surprised that we were seated quickly once we arrived. Our waiter was nice, but was not as consistent as I would expected. The waiter did not check up on us to see how we were doing and did not refill our waters until the end of our meal. I also printed out a coupon for our meal, which the manager took from us before we received our bill. When we received our check, our coupon was not added to our bill. I was not expecting so many errors on the night we ate because the restaurant was not as crowded as it would be.The food was perfect, the service could use more work.Special Features:
- We waited 30 mins for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We waited 30 mins for our table even though we made the reservation through Open Table. They gave us a round table in a good spot, but the table has a center piece that didn't appeal to us. The center piece couldn't be removed and the waiter ended up covering it with a white piece of table cloth. This would be fine except that the covered center piece was high in the middle of the table and blocked us from seeing each other across the table. Other than that, the food was good.
- Pasta in PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2014A great place for bountiful meals! Lots of fun, food & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey food,busy,no acknowledgementpeclipse08Dined on 1/3/2014Went there to celebrate my 30th Birthday with my family. Food was pricey (as usual) but after stating in the reservation about the birthday celebration, the staff did not offer to sing a song nor a simple ice cream!
- Great family lunchJonTDined on 1/1/2014We stopped into Buca in Pasadena after the Rose Parade, thinking it would be crowded and a long wait, but they were able to seat us right away, even during the time they were serving a large group that had come in before us. We were able to order and finish lunch within an hour, the food was generously-proportioned, and the service was prompt and friendly. We had been to other Buca locations and I would definitely recommend this one.Special Features:
- A bit of a train wreckMrSnarkyPantsDined on 12/31/2013I walked into Buca with low expectations and they were met. We picked this place because we had a large party (7 people) and we figured that they were set up to handle lots of people. It was New Year's Eve and they were one of the few who would take a reservation for that big of a table. We ended up being seated 30 minutes after our reservation time after waiting in a crowded lobby with few places to sit. The restaurant was clearly overbooked. The restaurant closed for the evening not long after we were seated and it was clear that the staff just wanted to get the heck out of there. Our server missed parts of our order. There was a long wait for wine. The food was okay. Not bad, but not extraordinary. They have room for improvement.Special Features:
- New Years funYummyDined on 12/31/2013We had great service and a wonderful time on New Year's Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Food is great! The service was a bit slow, bearing in mind that this was new year's eve and there was a lot of people for the rose parade, I didn't mind. Great ambiance!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Fabulous Retro Italian DinnerMikeVIPDined on 12/31/2013What a great place! Great Italian food and decor reminiscent of the 1950s, in a good way. Food is served family style so you have to get together to make choices. Big portions. Very attentive and friendly servers. Parking was a challenge, but it was New Years ever and the streets were blocked off for the Rose Bowl festivities the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group CelebrationsSluggyweaselVIPDined on 12/25/2013This has become our tradition for the family Christmas dinner. It's festive, energetic, fun and conducive to family-style dining with something on the menu to please everyone and large shared platters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.