Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
80 West Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 6267927272x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Pasadena
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Buca di Beppo - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (66)kid-friendly (50)special occasion (48)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (17)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food is always top-notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011The food is always top-notch. Eight of us always get what we want and plenty to share.Special Features:
- My family and I go to BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011My family and I go to Buca de Bepo for birthdays and major family occasions. We go there maybe twice a year for my kids and husbands birthday. We will be back. We love the food and the energetic level of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2011I thought this place would be great to celebrate a special occasion, as it seemed many of the parties there were doing. I was just a bit disappointed in that they were notified in 3 ways that we were celebrating a milestone birthday yet there was absolutely no acknowledgement at any point during our dining experience. (1 in the opentable notes when making a reservation, 2 with telling the host, and 3 with telling our server.) We did ask for a quieter area in our res notes, and we got that. As for the food, it was ok. Chicken limone was good. Lasagna ok. The baked rigatoni was way overcooked. Our water was never refilled either.
- How InsensitiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2011I was totally disappointed by the way they handle their client's request. It was a simple request done during the online reservation. It was the first time that I requested after several visits with families and friends. I especially mentioned about the reason why we were eating at Buca. I told them that we were celebrating the academic achievement award which my daughter received that afternoon in a ceremony at school. I requested that they surprise her with something...probably a greeting, a song or however they want it to be done but they didn't. They even asked my son if there is any occassion that we are celebrating when they usher us to our seat. How DISAPPOINTING!!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was very hectic,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2011The atmosphere was very hectic, lots of graduation parties going on - but service staff was attentive and did their best to make it pleasant. Food is so-so, but great place for large parties to gather and feel comfortable. Love the kitchsy decor and old time photos.Special Features:
- Great Experience !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011Overall it was a great experience the waiter was great and helpful with the menu. everyone else was very friendly we were being greeted left and right by all the the workers. It was a verty friendly environment. The only thing that bothered us is d noise. We couldn't here each other we had to shout. The room was just too crowded. But we had a good time! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Went to Buca to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2011Went to Buca to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Their family style servings are so good for large groups, and plentiful that today I brought the left overs to share with co-workers!Special Features:
- We have eaten at this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2011We have eaten at this location many times, the service was fair at best our waiter did not seem real motivated. It was my birthday and he new it. They did not sing happy brithday to me, but they did for the other table next to us. The food was good but a little skimpy on the pasta sauce for all of our dishes. Was a little disapointed on the food and service.Special Features:
- When we got there we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011When we got there we were first seated at a booth near the bar and everything was fine until a party of loud people came into the bar and beggan to build an lound and annoying sence. So my sister talk to the manager if it was possible for us to move and we did to this cute little room and finaly we injoyed our food with peace and laughter but one thing that i was missing was that i got a coupon for my birthday and it said if you come in the next seven days well give you a small gift and my birthday was may 20 and we went on the 21st but i did not recive my gift. Can i still get it? Can bucca de peppo mail it to me? That would be great:)
- Bring your own cake...SteveVIPDined on 5/13/2011I think birthdays should be celebrated with a little more than just a candle in a wine bottle. I was hoping to have more to celebrate than just my age...Special Features:
- Best Buca Around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Great place for a family special occasion! The bar atmosphere is very nice as well.Special Features:
- I can sum up my lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2011I can sum up my lunch experience this way: good food, big portions, friendly staff. The lunch specials are a good deal -- for the same price as an entrée from the regular lunch menu, you also get a cup of soup and side salad. The menu has something for everyone, from meat eaters to vegetarians (not sure about vegans, though).Special Features:
- Had my first bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011Had my first bad experience at the Pasadena Buca saturday night, food was horrible, and the noise level was ridiculous. It was bad enough that we paid and left change just to be able to get out of there faster. Enough to give a person a headache..Special Features:
- I always love going to BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011I always love going to Buca di Beppo. The ambiance is colorful and the food is always delicious. My only complaint is that our waitress Amber was attentive for the first half of our stay, but once she spilled a large glass of water all over the table she completely ignored us and our drinks went un-refilled until our check came.Special Features:
- We had so much fun, and whatnmacDined on 4/8/2011We had so much fun, and what a perfect location for a birthday celebration! Excellent everything!!!
- Waiting for a reserved table?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2011Although I wrote specifically that our party was coing with young children and needed to be seated quickly after arrival we waited for 20 minutes with hungry kids. When I complained I was told that a reservation meant that I had first priority on a table. I corrected them that it meant I had reserved a table for a particular time. They had obviously given away outtable to another party.
- The loud noise is good forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2011The loud noise is good for if you have kids. The kids meals are pricey though and I didn't see any meat in our chicken dish or zitit. The flavors were great though and the waiter eas awesome in his service.Special Features:
- Parking can be a problem.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2011Parking can be a problem. The salmon pesto was delicious. Food is consistently good. Great place for groups and celebrations. Moderately priced. Family style food serving is fun.Special Features:
- wait time is too long. weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2011wait time is too long. we had a reservation and arrived right on time but still waited for 15 minutes before we get seatedSpecial Features:
- We made a reservation at 5:30PM,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011We made a reservation at 5:30PM, but was seated closed to 6PM. Half Hour wait with reservation is not good.
- I have been going to BucaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011I have been going to Buca for many yars I have tried many locations and the serivce and food is GREAT. Ww Our Family go for birthdays anniversaries. I was disapointed they no longer supply a small (tiny) cake for the birthday person I was NOT HAPPY :(Special Features:
- peppers?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2011Cans of sweet roasted peppers were used to hold up the pizza we ordered---does that mean they were sweet peppers that were roasted or roasted peppers that were sweetened???Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2011We thoroughly enjoyed the evening spent at Bucca in Pasadena...they even served us muchrooms saute with garlic and onions which wasn't on the menu! The only problem, was that one couple was almost finished with their entree before we were served. We joined their e=club that evening, and entitled the birthday girl to a lovely brownie sundae dessert with whipped cream, a candle, and a seranade!Special Features:
- A nice birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2011My husband and I celebrated our birthdays this last eeek there and everything was wonderful. The food was fantastic, as always. Our new favorite is the ribs. It was very thoughtful that even though I reserved it for my husbands birthday, they brought out a brownie for me too :-) My only complaint was when making my reservation I had requested a more private experience and didn't feel that was accommodated. But that did not spoil our time. We also took home our favorite dessert... Tiramisu! mrs.jenningsSpecial Features:
- Awesome service...one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2011Awesome service...one of the friendliest places i've ever eaten.Special Features:
- The food was great, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011The food was great, service was fine, nothing extraordinary. The table we had was sort of squished in a corner, and I didn't feel it was a very good place for a group table. It was a busy location with a lot of servers/people passing by, and it was quite loud also. It would have been nice to be tucked in a quieter corner away from all the foot traffic.Special Features:
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011The food was great. the sangria was fantastic and the service was good. I would go back.Special Features:
- Loving your PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2011I love the fettuccini Alfredo! Even on it's own it's pretty awesome. The noise level usually varies depending on when you go, but be prepared for noise and singing. The ambiance is great for birthdays and anniversaries. I love the location because you're surrounded by other shops and dessert places as well. Parking is usually pretty easy to find, just get there a little bit early. All in all, a great dinning experience for small and large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the restaurant host toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2011From the restaurant host to our waiter and all the staff at Buca Di Beppo, were great! Had a really good time and enjoyed it very much. The food was so yummy and very filling. Had leftovers for days.Special Features:
- If our first waiter wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2011If our first waiter wasn't so transparently upset with the fact that we wanted a larger table (for my brother's birthday dinner), it might of not been so bad. The attitude afterward was offensive and unacceptable for a celebration dinner. What a terrible way to start us off. However, the second waiter was much more professional and thoughtful.
- This place is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/3/2011This place is a great place to hang out with friends and family. Their entrées are served in small and large portions. According to BUCA, the small portion could feed approximately 3 people whereas the big portion could feed 'a small nation' (about 6 people, really) LOL... Unlike Olive Garden, the salad or soups are not included with the entrées. However, i find the salad dressing to be very appetizing and delicious. The salad was also very fresh.Special Features:
- Food was great, however tooOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2011Food was great, however too much food served for my taste. Place is also too loud. Overall, great place to go and take the family. Definitely not for a romantic date...too loud.Special Features:
- Very good comfort food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2011We went to Buca for a meeting with our tax accountant. We enjoy going there to get our comfort food needs satisfied. Our accountant always speaks of his cooking abilities, especially his Italian cooking. The minute the food arrived, he dove in and hardly spoke during the whole time we ate. There was so much food we had to take some home. He wanted to take all of it. It was a very enjoyable dinner. The service was very good and the food.. excellent. I am having some Magharita pizza as I type this review. Ummm so good.Special Features:
- We tried several new dishes,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011We tried several new dishes, all of which were excellent! Our waiter, Dougie, was outstanding and took very good care of us and all the tables around us. He was both energetic and attentive.Special Features:
- Bucca Di' Peppo has an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2011Bucca Di' Peppo has an outstanding wine list first of all. Their house Chianti was sweet and delectable! Great portion sizes, perhaps the tenderest and moistest chicken I have ever had at a restaurant! I definitely recommend everyone to try Bucca Di' Peppo atleast once.Special Features: