Shari Sushi Lounge
621 East Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Shari Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sharisushilounge.com/
- Phone: 4074209420
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for options.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Mistretta 407-760-9984
A word from Shari Sushi Lounge
Nestled in chic Thornton Park, Shari adds a level of sophistication and a tingle of excitement to the area with its dynamic style of Modern Japanese Cuisine. Full bar and stylish atmosphere. Innovative drinks and unique menu selections. More than sushi, it's Shari!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shari Sushi Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Shari Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)romantic (30)hot spot (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Shari is one of the finestKristenBDined on 3/27/2014Shari is one of the finest restaurants in town! The staff is super friendly and the food is outstanding! The drinks are made with the freshest ingredients and the sushi is superb. You don't want to miss this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top shelf sushiMrYummyDined on 3/20/2014They have the some of the most imaginative sushi I've seen. All of the items we tried were very very good. The only downside is, you pay for it. They have one roll that costs $19.00. It's a really good roll, but not worth that much. So, if you want to go to (probably) one of the best sushi restaurants in Orlando, it would be there, just bring a full wallet. Btw, call ahead. They are usually packed (which speaks for itself).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedWayneoDined on 3/17/2014For the last four years I come to Orlando for a conference in March. I found this place last year by searching for best sushi places in Orlando. Both trips were fantastic. The staff is very knowledgable and makes great wine and drink recommendations. We had several appetizers including a lobster tempora and Kobe beef. Outstanding. The Wolfpack and Love Rolls are incredible. We ended up ordering another Wolfpack because it was so good. It just melts in your mouth. Since it happened to be St. Patricks day we had the Irish car bomb bread pudding with Amaretto ice cream. Outstanding. I plan to be back same time next year. Thanks for another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Happy HourNikjDined on 3/15/2014My wife ane I always enjoy a good happy hour and that is what we received.The happy hour menu was ripe with great sushi and drinks and our server Angie was fast and friendly. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Great PriceAllisonDined on 3/12/2014The sushi was really good. The Triple Tail roll had good-sized pieces of fish in it. My pet peeve is getting sushi which is mainly rice and avocado - the sushi chefs definitely know what they are doing here. The fish was very fresh. My husband and I went during happy hour and the prices were great. The regularly priced menu is too expensive for me to spend on a regular basis. While the sushi was very good, I wouldn't spend $11 on a spicy tuna roll. This is Orlando - not New York City. I would go back to Shari - but only during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDrMRLDined on 3/11/2014My daughter recommended it to us....we were completely pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour FavoriteDiningdelightDined on 3/4/2014They have a happy hour 7 days a week, 5:30-7, 4.25 rolls and select drinks. super delicious, super affordable!
- perfect way to start the night....dudds1981Dined on 2/25/2014Service was great.....food was even better.....it a was great way to start an awesome night....Special Features:
- Dinner at ShariFerminDined on 2/7/2014The service was excellent and the good, as always, was exquisite. I wish Shari would open for lunch again some day - so many of us crave sushi for lunch and it's a good business lunch experience, the other lunch options pale in quality comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of townersdani1980Dined on 1/31/2014My boyfriend and I find this spot to be chic for date night. They had great sushi and drink selections. As out of towners we would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour SpecialBexx5581Dined on 1/31/2014The sushi at Shari is always very good but, as most sushi can be, it is a little pricey on their regular menu. Their happy hour menu, however, is a great deal. They offer this menu from 5-7pm and it has a variety of delicious rolls for $4.25 each. Definitely make a reservation though, as they tend to fill up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Arlene15Dined on 1/26/2014The restaurant is trendy. The food & drinks are excellent. The serving staff couldn't have been more helpful & pleasant. My husband & I had a wonderful time & will most defiantly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cards Against HumanityJeMangeVIPDined on 1/24/2014Brought in a few ladies for some dinner and a game of cards against humanity. The staff was pleasant, food delicious, drinks tasty and overall our experience was one of many laughs..Special Features:
- Cool vibeTammyDined on 1/24/2014Shari Sushi is a fun place to hang out with that special someone or a few, good friends! The sushi rolls are delicious and the happy hour prices can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutDamaliDined on 1/11/2014Amazing service by our waiter John. Loved the food and all the ambiance attached. Top Notch drinks and perfect for our girls trip. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who asks.Special Features:
- DisappointingKkingDined on 1/11/2014The happy hour sushi was just average... Very disappointing
- Shari Never Disappointsajb219VIPDined on 1/9/2014I haven't had a bad experience here, and I keep going back. Their sushi is superb and you really can't beat $4.25 happy hour. Who cares if they have raised the price a little? Its still wayy cheaper than their regular menu and its very good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ityummyeatsDined on 12/31/2013Great ambiance and very good sushi. Was impressed with not having a huge wait time - especially as our reservation was for New Year's Eve. The staff was great, and the food was fresh and tasty! One of the best lychee martinis I've had... Can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:
- great energy from serverAshleyDined on 12/31/2013We had a few drinks in the bar area and then had dinner upstairs with someone we were shocked to find out had just started that night. Jeremy was great and I wouldn't have known he was new if he didn't tell us. In fact he was the most attentive person we've had in quite some time. We look forward to going back and hopefully see him again. Always great food there but this service was above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS SUSHIFoodieDined on 12/31/2013I was in Orlando with a friend for New Years for a bowl game, and made a reservation at Shari Sushi based upon reviews from Open Table. It did not disappoint. Probably one of the best sushi restaurants I've ever been to. The food was fantastic. Our waitress was a little spacey, but the food and atmosphere was so great, we didn't care. I highly recommend this great restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent!HarveyDined on 12/28/2013This was my second year celebrating my birthday at Shari with a group of 10 adults. Shari has always impressed when it comes to service and quality of food! Our server made excellent suggestions for our guests that had dietary concerns, we're pregnant, or vegan. In addition, all the staff, including the on site manager, were very respectful; customer service at its best. As always, the food was a beautiful display of yummyness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Fabulousajb219VIPDined on 12/26/2013Shari has the best sushi in Orlando and the service is always fantastic as well. Happy hour is super cheap and delicious - get a saketini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shari never disappoints! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2013Shari never disappoints! Food is always excellent and creative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SushiAlexVIPDined on 11/7/2013They have a nice variety of unique sushi. We just took out servers suggestions and we were not let down, great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night OutDapegzDined on 10/30/20132 girlfriends and I stopped at Shari before leaving Downtown Orlando after work on a Wednesday night. We were headed to a show in Kissimmee and wanted to eat before we hit the crowds that are typical on that end of town. We had reservations, and thank goodness because if not - we might not have gotten in, the place filled very quickly! We ordered from the Happy Hour menu and decided to share our food. The wait was relatively short for 9 really well-made rolls. The service was prompt and attentive and the sushi was great! I had been there before and knew to order 2 volcano rolls - they are my favorite. We dined outside so that we could talk and it was a beautiful night. I recommend Shari to anyone who loves sushi and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in Orlando include Shari SushiSharibabyVIPDined on 10/29/2013Our server made our dining experience extra special. He was very knowledgeable in the preparation and flavors plus able to determine the comfort level of his patrons. He most definitely did hit home runs with our group and we have eaten around the world. This restaurant knows how to make great sushi and present it well. On my next visit to Orlando, I will include this restaurant on my itinerary. What a great find!! Thank you for the wonder experience, it was greatly appreciated by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushijqchauncyVIPDined on 10/22/2013Knowledgeable and helpful server! Great special roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi combinations in OrlandoMattDined on 10/19/2013Outside seating, good wine, great rolls. Best place in OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Went for dinner on a FridayFoodcomaDined on 10/4/2013Went for dinner on a Friday our table wasn't ready for 20 minutes after the reservation which was not biggie we had a drink at the bar. When we got to the table it took a while for the server to come over he was definately "weeded" and running around. He did help me out with my dietary restrictions to the best of his ability but still slow service. Sushi was super fresh and came out very fast.
- Foodie Paradise!SushiEsquireVIPDined on 10/4/2013I am quite the sushi critic as I've traveled world wide and I must save that their sushi with a twist fusion menu is smart and full of flavor!! I really enjoy the jalapeño pepper hamachi sushimi, buffalo lobster tempura, love roll and the bread pudding for dessert! The kurihana is the perfect cucumber cocktail for Florida! Tasty and refreshing. It's made with gin but made to order for me when I ask for vodka instead. The managers and staff are all friendly and service is top notch. The sushi quality is A grade and the food presentation is very inviting. A must do for date night for two, and outing with the ladies or a client dinner. This restaurant can satisfy and crowd and leave you wanting more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Happy HourDowntowOtownDined on 9/28/2013We went for Happy Hour this time, and were pleased. The rolls aren't quite as inventive, or as large as those on the full menu, but...they are $4.25! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible happy hour specialsjqchauncyVIPDined on 9/16/2013Incredible happy hour specials and fresh tasting sushi... garlic edamame makes a great starter!Special Features:
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2013This is by far one of the best restaurants downtown has to offer. Not only is their sushi unique and unbelievably good, they have happy hour 7 days a week with various (simpler) sushi rolls and drinks to choose from. My favorite is the passion fruit or lychee saketini. The regular menu can be a little pricey; I have been to places where I have felt disappointed or less-than-impressed, but this place delivers every time (I am a sushi fiend!) and it is worth every penny. The service is excellent and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The ambiance, quality of the food and overall service have my friends and I coming back time and time again! A++Special Features:
- my favorite sushi placegcparkVIPDined on 9/11/2013Rob our bartendar and server was engaging and knowledgeable about their menu, which is substantial and the chefs are artists...the food is beautifully presented and artful, almost too pretty to eat. ALMOST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in OrlandoSamira121723Dined on 9/9/2013The one thing in regards to food I find lacking in Orlando is great sushi--Shari is the ONLY place in town that I will ever go to get my sushi "fix". I constantly bring clients to Shari and they are always impressed. I usually ask for Demetrius as my server-- he is MY FAVORITE server in the restaurant and I find his attention to detail to be like no other!! He is SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ask the server forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2013Always ask the server for recommendations - they don't let you down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNeighborhoodNimblerDined on 8/30/2013We had a great time at dinner. As always the food was amazing and our server was very kind and attentive. I had a friend visiting from out of town with me and she absolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We enjoyed everything about our experience. Took advantage of the happy hour specials on the sushi and drinks. Very affordable!Special Features:
- Great food & happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013The happy hour (5-7pm) is awesome! They have maybe 20 rolls to pick from and they're all $4.25 each. I got 2 and was very satisfied. They were very delicious, too. They have a handful of drinks for happy hour that are also $4.25. I definitely recommend the saketini! Atmosphere was very modern and hip. I will definitely be back for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushiDianneVIPDined on 7/27/2013Chef Allen is the most creative sushi chef we have encountered. His sushi beats any in South Florida. Can't wait to go back to Orlando. Best bet is to let him pick the menu.Special Features: