Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
711 Eastern Avenue
Pier 5, Inner Harbor
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-pier5.com/
- Phone: 4102300033x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ivan Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Laine Dyson - 410.230.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first class service from the Number One prime steak house in the world - Ruth's Chris Steak House. At Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5, you'll experience our contemporary decor coupled with distinctive dining traditions that you can only expect at the Number One steak house. At Ruth's Chris Steak House, we take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a great time. So, whether you're looking for a place to unwind after a hectic day at work, planning a romantic dinner for two or that all important business meeting, feel free to laugh out loud and stay awhile and experience our sizzle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Pier 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (55)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- What we expect from a Ruth's ChrisBaltimoreTerpDined on 4/4/2014Food was delicious as usual. Service was fine, although nothing extraordinary. My significant other and I are on the younger side and I feel that we were treated differently as a result, which is a bit annoying considering that we don't fit that "stereotype" of customer. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- 6 year old bday6yrbdayDined on 3/22/2014Fabulous place for a bday boy that loves a good steak! Place was very nice for children with a fabulous, knowledgeable server. The food came out exactly as ordered in a perfectly timed manner. Very good experience and great bday dinner for our son who loved his steak and "birthday cake" after dinner. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations too high?MaddogVIPDined on 3/22/2014Dined here after alerting them to Hubby's special birthday. While some special treatments were unexpected (choice of table location, rose petals on table and fantastic complimentary dessert) the service was sub-par and disappointing. Starting with champagne being served in wine glasses (waiter completely unfamiliar with wine in general- attempted to open twist-off with corkscrew?) to several attempts to clear our food before we were finished eating. Both the broccoli gratin and shoestring potatoes were disappointing, but the steaks perfectly prepared. Sadly, we won't be back. For our steak-dining-dollar, we'll head elsewhere, there are plenty of places in town that do it right. Very disappointed.
- As always Ruth's Chris @ PierSNemethDined on 3/8/2014As always Ruth's Chris @ Pier 5 was amazing. The steaks are always perfectly cooked and the sides are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLarryDined on 3/8/2014The service and food is great. I have never had a bad meal there. Great place for a celebration. My favorite place in Baltimore for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday DinnerDoubleDDined on 3/8/2014What a wonderful evening. We celebrated my birthday with my wife, step daughter and daughter and two sons. This was my kids first time experiencing fine dining and they loved it. Food was excellent and our server David Paster was fantastic. We asked for him specifically due to our positive past experiences with him serving our table in the past. We will be back to celebrate there again. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was me and my significantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014It was me and my significant other's Valentine's dinner. We work odd schedules so very difficult for us to have a dinner date. I really was impressed with the service and the environment. Miles was our server and was very good. The food was delicious and served very hot. I will go back for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took our daughter and son-in-lawDelightedDined on 3/1/2014We took our daughter and son-in-law out for dinner because this is her favorite restaurant. Ruth's Chris did not disappoint. The food was great. We did get the appetizers but were too full for dessert. Our server, Miles, was excellent. Thank you for another wonderful dining experience. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my usual visitReastDined on 2/23/2014My last time visiting was 2/23/14 in the evening. We went on a double-date night, expecting a quiet evening over great food. Filet was amazing as always. Problem #1, we were seated at one of the back 3 tables near the kitchen. Problem #2, the staff were speaking loudly, laughing loudly, and a waiter even yelled out an apology to the staff behind the kitchen door when he dropped an entire tray of dishes. I also observed that the patrons are starting to dress-down in jeans and polo's to eat here; not what you expect in a dress jacket atmosphere, although this might be blamed on restaurant week patrons. I plan on visiting again, but wonder if shouldn't stick with the Water Street location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sooo good!KrystalbelleDined on 2/23/2014Great food. The steak is the best I've ever had at a restaurant. The service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We went during restaurant week, so I am not sure if it is always this energetic, but we had a good time and good food, and if you get a table by the water, even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesbarbDined on 2/22/2014love Pier 5 over all the other RC's out there. great layout, nice outside dining, wonderful service and oh my gosh the food is so good!Special Features:
- Fantastic Meal...MikeofBaltimoreDined on 2/22/2014Our server Jamee and the rest of the team were fantastic. Food was done very well. My filet was exactly medium well. My friend's pork chop was juicy and tender. Cheesecake and the gumbo were good, as usual; expect nothing less from Ruth Chris. TOne downside: the scoop of rice in the gumbo was a little sloppy; my friend's gumbo barely had any rice at all. The only complaint was that my friend and I got relegated to a very small side table. We are 2 pretty big guys and the small table against the wall with walls that stick out, restricting how far we can move our chairs back, was not pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I've been to Ruth Chris so many times before but this I say has the best location. Even though I went in the dead of Baltimore winter I know that this is a much more exquisite location for summer events because it's right off the water. The hostess were very pleasant and friendly and the waiter was kind and very knowledgeable of the menu. Drinks were well worth it which was a plus. I def will be returning to this locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mel the bartender was veryDaniDined on 2/21/2014Mel the bartender was very professional and welcoming. The restaurant was clean and warm. We enjoyed the Walnut & Apple Salad. As a regular here it was a let down to order the same thing I would normally have during restaurant week to find that Ruth's Chris skimped on the stuffed chicken. Also the cheesecake was a serving for a child. Other than that, I love dinning at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- The service was impecableKoolchicDined on 2/21/2014The service was impecable and the food was delicious. We didn't leave one bite on our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A smile on my faceAwesomeDined on 2/21/2014This Ruth Chris at Pier 5 is absolutely FANTASTIC. The service is the best in all Baltimore. I got the 12 oz Pork Chop and it melted in my mouth. Our waiter David was just awesome. He made our night magnificent and I had a smile on my face until I left. The cream spinach, and oysters on a half shell couldn't have tasted better. And the chocolate sin cake...omg was heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014The food was excellent, service, not so much. As we placed our orders (party of two), the words spoken from our mouths must have dissolved before reaching his ears. The waiter brought the wrong item for each and every course to both of us- even after he verified with us what we ordered on 3 separate occasions. He did not know how to open a twist top wine bottle and disappeared for 10 min to troubleshoot. Food was fantastic, service is on par with that of a broken vending machine.
- A great dining experienceRichGDined on 2/16/2014We had a small group of 7 and every one of us thought it was excellent. The food, the service and the ambiance was perfect. We all said we would return there either individually or with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Waiter was very professional in every aspect. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and options. He was also very friendly. A little over whelming everytime any water glass was half empty someone was reaching over you to fill it to the top. The waiter provided more than enough service for our table. (very minor detail though). Pricing was as expected. A little high but worth it for the quatilty of food and service Over all a great experience with my wife and 2 boys. This was my firt time there and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Exactly what we were looking for.jarrhed32Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went to Ruths Chris for dinner the day after Valentines Day. Everything was excellent from our appetizer to the service during the meal. We both were craving a good steak and got exactly what we were looking for. The food was prepared perfectly and I cannot think of anything negative to say about our experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for V-DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was nice to go on V-Day. Little more expensive than normal, but with the included sides, we didn't really care. Good food as always. Loved the strip and cheesecake, and my date loved the ribeye and chocolate cake. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day DinnerMikeBDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife to Ruth's Chris Pier 5 at the Inner Harbor for Valentine's Day - one of her favorite restaurants. Special menu worked perfectly for us. Huge shrimp cocktail and Ahi tuna apps were outstanding, salads were fresh made and very tasty. Can't beat the filet mignon here - perfectly prepared and fork tender. Love that sizzle! Add a couple of drinks and some decadent desserts and you have the perfect meal with your sweetheart. Can't wait for our next visit - and it will definitely be before next Valentine's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!WallynatorDined on 2/14/2014Everything from the service to our food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Birthday TreatAubreyDined on 2/14/2014My birthday is Valentine's Day and so my husband and I decided to go out and chose Ruth's Chris at Pier 5 for the occasion. It was amazing from start to finish. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted and I was given a rose before being seated. Our sweet waitress Brooke was able to make it great experience and was knowledgable and helpful in our selections. Even though our appetizer, meals and drinks were filling, take my advice and don't skip dessert. And while you're taking my advice... get the creme brulee! Instead of heading out downtown for drinks afterward, we simply moved to the bar and continued our evening. The staff was great, though it was swamped since it was Valentine's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovethisplaceLuvfinediningDined on 2/14/2014Always a treat, the food is prepared to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to half a dozenGrahamDined on 2/14/2014We have been to half a dozen or so RCs. This was least inspiring of the three times we have been at Pier V. Tables too crowded together. Steak OK. Not overcooked at medium rare yet strangely dry. I think we'll look elsewhere for our next special dinner. May be we've just outgrown you.Special Features:
- Delicious!LovesgoodfoodDined on 2/1/2014Food was great and our server was even better. Colleen is a great waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteJohnDined on 1/25/2014We reserve Ruth's for special occasions because the food is great, but it is pricy. This trip did not disappoint-they don't have a lot of exciting new dishes on the menu--they just do a great job preparing steak and good, basic salads, sides and other dishes. We chose the Ruth's classic selections for some economy. We added a lobster bisque that was excellent--creamy, tasty, lots of lobster included. Green beans were crisp but done, steak was excellent as always, my wife enjoyed the scallop dish, and the service crew worked well as a team--attentive, not intrusive, engaging, and professional. A very pleasant experience for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was awesome. Food?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014The service was awesome. Food? Amazing!!!! The location in the city is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining & ServiceScottDined on 1/11/2014Best steak in town. The service is second to none. My wife has Celiac's (gluten allergy), and after putting that fact into our reservation note for the restaurant, she was given only the gluten free menu, bread was never offered to us, and she was only recommended gluten-free options. Exceptional service. And then there's the food. Holy goodness it's all awesome. Each of us had a drink, steak, couple of sides, and dessert. All of it was exceptionally good. Ruth's Chris for the win.Special Features:
- Little StuffyJoyceAnnDined on 1/10/2014Food magnificant, service good but, felt rushed. We were in and out in a hour. There was no time to catchup with an old coworker. Service was available all the time, no breathing room between dishes, no time for conversation. I prefer the Ruth Chris on Water Street, little more relaxed and not quite as stuffy.Special Features:
- New YearsCarolinaDined on 12/31/2013Great steak n service. Just have to be willing to pay for it all. An average of $80 to $100 per person w one alcoholic beverage is a good average. Therefore don't make this your weekly dinner spot. Unless if course u can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Baltimore!SandraCDined on 12/24/2013This is an excellent restaurant for a special celebration. I visited the restaurant on Christmas Eve for our annual outing. Valet parking, immediately greeted at the door. Our server provided enough information to make a informed decision but not over bearing. All of our choices were great. The lamb chops are WONDERFUL! Salmon, stuffed chicken breast, filet mignon all fabulous. Side dishes were very tasteful. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatos, sauteed mushrooms and more. I enjoy tasty, well prepared food and a great ambience. This restaurant met all my desires. Ruth's Chris you rock. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Eating ExperienceSuperblyDined on 12/20/2013An excellent location for a pampering expensive eating experience. Everything about the restaurant was first class. It rivals our experience in New York at the Kobe club. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/12/2013Excellent steak, definitely get the Sweet Potato side and the bananas foster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General Manager is AMAZINGBillyRinksDined on 12/7/2013Booked last minute for 8:00 reservation on a busy Saturday night. Arrived at 7:55 and were told to have a drink in the bar and they'd call us shortly. Not 15 minutes later, the manager (Dave?) came over and apologized for the wait and bought us our round. Came back 5 minutes later and sat us personally and comped us our delicious appetizers! Service was great and the steaks are second to none. We all had a great experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best night at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013The restaurant was extremely busy due to the holidays approaching, but I still don't think that excuses being seated 20 minutes past a reservation time, the server not giving us water or greeting us until after we had been sitting for 10 minutes, and my $40 steak being over-cooked. The lobster was amazing, the martini was great.Special Features:
- Our family went for 3 brithdays.ValWDined on 11/30/2013Our family went for 3 brithdays. The staff was great and the food was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPaulDined on 11/28/2013My friends visited me from Chicago on Thanksgiving. In addition, one of them had her birthday and we had a beautiful celebration with a very tasty chocolate cake! Everything went great as it was planned by me in advance. Thanks for the great support from the service staff! Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.