Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
235 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dongiovannis.com/
- Phone: 6509619749
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon request - contact us for details and pricing! Experienced corporate catering to large events.
- Special Events: Turkey Earthquake Relief Benefit Dinner - November 13th at 6:30PM - $55 per person Includes delightful menu, free bottle of wine for every pair of tickets sold. All proceeds go directly to victims of the earthquake via the Kurdish-American Cultural Center. Please help the people of Turkey! --- FREE Thanksgiving Day Dinner All day Thanksgiving, from 11AM to 4PM, no reservations, first come first served.
- Cross Street: Villa
- Public Transit: One block from Downtown Mountain View Caltrain and Light Rail station. VTA bus lines 34, 35, 51 and 52 stop at the Villa and Castro intersection.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is readily available. Public parking lots and street parking is available behind the restaurant and on surrounding streets.
A word from Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
Ristorante Don Giovanni welcomes you to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine on Castro Street in Mountain View, California. The warm and inviting atmosphere complimented by the Italian decor, makes this the place to celebrate any special occasion, romantic dinner, or just a simple home cooked Italian meal. Lunch and dinner menus include: Antipasti, Insalate & Minestre, Pasta, Rotisserie, Panini, and Fish along with an extensive Wine list and Full bar. Let Ristorante Don Giovanni provide you with excellent service and facility for your next event. We offer custom tailored menus that are just right for your breakfast, brunch, lunch, and/or dinner needs. Our facility can provide: TV * VCR * PA SYSTEM WITH MICROPHONES * POWER POINT * OVERHEAD PROJECTOR * WIRELESS MICROPHONE * FLIP CHART STAND/PADS/MARKERS * DIRECT PHONE LINES AND INTERNET ACCESS * MOTEL AND TRANSPORTATION ACCOMMODATIONSContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We were looking for a comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2009We were looking for a comfortable place for a small gathering of family friends. Don Giovanni's was just perfect for our needs. Great attentive service, a kitchen that would take time to make what you wanted even if it was not on the menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Overall,I was very pleased.GoodToGoDined on 12/26/2009Overall,I was very pleased. We were not rushed, making for a very enjoyable evening. The casaer salad was crisp and refreshing. The osso-bucco was top knotch.
- Great food and service asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009Great food and service as usual. The ambience would have been great too if not for the inappropriate soul music turned up a bit too loud.
- We had an excellent meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/23/2009We had an excellent meal and the service was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryReviewerNameVIPDined on 12/6/2009Food and service were very good. Seating is spacious but not cavernous. They tried and did a pretty good job of making a vegan meal for one of our guests, with a few minor mistakes. I had one of the best New York steaks I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Our party of 8 were treatedJohnMartinVIPDined on 11/15/2009Our party of 8 were treated as royalty! Wondeful dinner, great service. Can't say enough about the dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent old world Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2009Excellent old world Italian. Service outstanding. Food exceptional and authentic. Pricing is very reasonable. A FIND in my book!Special Features:
- The food was typical Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/4/2009The food was typical Italian. I was amused by the pandering they do to the tech companies by putting their logos on the wall.
- Good food and service, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2009Good food and service, excellent value with the promotional meal!Special Features:
- Don Giovanni is our go-toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/30/2009Don Giovanni is our go-to restaurant for theatre evenings. Food is always excellent, service is attentive but not rushed, and it's quiet enough to visit with friends.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2009The food was delicious and portions were large. The restaurant has high ceilings and feels very Italian. Service was excellen, fast and friendly. The best part was that there were four of us and we could have a conversatiion. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our time at Don Giovanni,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2009Enjoyed our time at Don Giovanni, the food was delicious everything was perfect. Will definitely go back and recommend it to all our family and friends!Special Features:
- Had dinner there Sunday night.frequentDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2009Had dinner there Sunday night. All of us ordered the "Promotional" dinner before seeing a play. They were outstanding and such a good deal for $19.95. You get a fresh tomato bruschetta, mixed green salad. Then there are a few choices and a special each day. Two of us ordered the Chicken Marsala with mushrooms. It was delicious and came with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The other person ordered salmon and said it too was really good. For dessert you could have vanilla ice cream or chocolate mousse. The mousse was delicious. It was a heck of a good deal. Service was good.
- The food is always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/19/2009The food is always consistent and good. The desserts are divine!Special Features:
- We love Don Giovanni and alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2009We love Don Giovanni and always go there before the theatre.Special Features:
- Nice, solid restaurant. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2009Nice, solid restaurant. Nothing exceptional, but very reliable Italian. Excellent tiramisu!
- A great location in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2009A great location in downtown Mountain View, so you can do some window shopping afterward. Services was very attentive, probably helped by the fact we ate early. The off-menu appetizer of a tomato stuffed with shrimp was amazing. My entree was Tortellini alla Michaelangelo, which is veal and chicken-stuffed tortellini in a creamy sauce with pancetta and peas, and was A+. My date had Calamari Fritti which was not as great, it was slightly upscale calamari rings. Nicely done with a lemon flavor, but... sorta bar food, you know what I mean? Wine list was good, we had a Campanile Pinot Grigio which was flavorful and refreshing in the heat. Prices were reasonable, and it was a nice romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Consistently good food. NotBabstravelsVIPDined on 8/20/2009Consistently good food. Not terribly fancy, but a great place for a local good meal.Special Features:
- they had enough interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2009they had enough interesting things on the menu and a special that sounded very good (should have gotten that) so i'll probably go back, but i was hoping for the quality of the meal to stand out a little more. good wine and dessert though!
- I went there for lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/27/2009I went there for lunch with some work colleagues, and honestly wasn't impressed. The service wasn't very good. The food was okay, but nothing special. I've had better pasta at Pasta? just a bit further down Castro. I might go back again to see if it's any better than my first experience, but I won't beat down their doors.
- This is the second time thatPhilDined on 4/12/2009This is the second time that we have eaten there and were pleased once again. The food was excellent,but a bit pricey. The service was superb with a caring staff.Special Features:
- Service was fair. Had bothOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/28/2009Service was fair. Had both wine and cocktails...1/2oz pour in drinks. Food very standard...more like fast food.
- On Feb. 14 was my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009On Feb. 14 was my first time visiting this restaurant. The service was exceptional and everyone was very friendly and attentive. The food was exquisite, i would recommend this for a special night out!Special Features:
- Rack of lamb and carpaccioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Rack of lamb and carpaccio very good, filet mignon was truly excellent. Service did a great job being at table enough but not excessively.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2009The food and service were great. A wonderful place to take your wife on Valentine's Day. I do recommend you ask for a table away from the front window and door during the winter.Special Features:
- Food was good - not great.ThumperVIPDined on 1/31/2009Food was good - not great. Service was outstanding. The $12.95 dessert (bottom of dessert menu) was weird - not too good.
- It was a great experience-IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2009It was a great experience-I was met at the door by the owner,a real friendly atmosphere-Our table was set up for the number of people that the reservation was for,service at the table was great, and an all around wonderful place to eatSpecial Features:
- Very lovely restaurant. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2008Very lovely restaurant. Wonderful service and very good food. It was suitable for a family and just a terrific place to eat at.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2008Enjoyed the restaurant and food....although, a little bit salty for my taste buds. Then again, I do not add salt to my food so am probably a little more sensitive in this area than most.
- The food quality has goneOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2008The food quality has gone down ... I don't recommend this place for the people who really wants to try authentic italian cusine.Special Features:
- Always busy. Food consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/15/2008Always busy. Food consistently good. Staff is friendly. Great pick when you want Italian food.Special Features:
- Past reviews indicated thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008Past reviews indicated that the wait staff seemed to "rush" you. I would agree. My food arrived "warm" not hot...although it was tasty, I would have preferred it served hot. Probably give this restaurant another try... maybe!
- Located in Mountain View,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2008Located in Mountain View, which is not know to be a major dining hot spot (yet). This may partly explain why Don Giovanni is overlooked &/or underappreciated.Special Features:
- The food was very good butmimipDined on 10/11/2008The food was very good but the service was almost too efficient. The waiter was reaching for my plate when I set the fork down to take a sip of wine. We didn't feel rushed but we didn't have any time between courses.Special Features:
- We were treated very well--professiOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2008We were treated very well--professional but friendly service.
- This is a decent Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2008This is a decent Italian restaurant in Mtn. View. Prices are reasonable at lunch for fresh pasta.Special Features:
- The service was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2008The service was very good - extremely attentive. Made two corrections to our meals that had been overlooked. We love this restaurant and eat here frequently.Special Features:
- Memo the waiter provided usOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2008Memo the waiter provided us with a wonderful dining experiance. The food and the service exceeded all expectations!!!Special Features:
- We were celebrating a birthday,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/17/2008We were celebrating a birthday, and the waiter surprised my friend with a chocolate mousse with whipped cream and a candle. A nice touch.Special Features:
- First time to this restaurant.Huntman49VIPDined on 6/5/2008First time to this restaurant. Food was very good. I would eat there again.