Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 4107302829x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kraft or Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (153)great for outdoor dining (128)neighborhood gem (103)great for lunch (82)great for brunch (67)good for groups (61)special occasion (60)vibrant bar scene (59)fit for foodies (53)kid-friendly (36)romantic (33)late-night find (23)hot spot (22)notable wine list (18)Show More
- Service needs improvementLynnDined on 6/15/2014Six of us went to dinner at Clyde's for Father's day. There were many available tables so it definitely wasn't packed. The food was good but the service was pretty bad. We ordered 3 appetizers and 2 were delivered to our table. We had to remind them of the other one. I asked for a second glass of wine, which never arrived. The waitress never checked on us after the food was delivered and then we had to wait a very long time for our check. The food was fine and presented well but the service really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy PlaceGreenDolphinDined on 6/15/2014Clyde's has a great menu, with some "haute couture" items and some everyday items, including a good variety of sandwiches. Seven of us were seated in the "library," which is quieter than the rest of the dining area. Some in our group had various sandwiches or hamburgers; others had salad. I had the spring chicken putanesca, which was delicious. Everyone was happy with their food. Although it took almost 20 minutes after we were seated for a waiter to arrive, we had learned earlier that they were short staffed. Once the waiter came and we explained that we had theater tickets for a 7pm show in Baltimore, he was very prompt in taking our orders, and food was brought out in plenty of time for us to eat and then get on our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Again!DisappointedDined on 6/15/2014It was Father's Day and as expected, the restaurant was crowded. Overflowing with people waiting, dirty tables abound, service very slow and an even slower wait staff. Great location, great view and the added bonus of a outdoor festival but I'll skip Clyde's next time.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchoceanviewDined on 6/15/2014The food was excellent and we had a quiet table so we were able to have a nice conversation. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- great for family get togethersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We come here often especially during special occasions. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horribleFoodie553Dined on 6/15/2014The food was so so; service was absolutely horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's of ColumbiaFoundNirvanaDined on 6/15/2014Great food and drinks, ambiance, pleasant unpretentious staff, beautiful view, well-appointed - Clyde's is an unequaled dining experience by the lake. Any time - Sunday brunch, lunch or dinner is the right time for Clyde's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The service was excellent and the food came really quickly. If the restaurant hadn't been crowded I wouldn't have expected the food to come that fast, and it was very crowded. The server was great. The food; however, was warm. The only thing that was hot was my crabcakes. However, the crab dip was on the dry side and only warm. My husband said that the chicken sausage sandwich was just warm too. Additionally, the fries were dry and on their way to being burnt. I would probably reluctantly try the restaurant again just because it came so highly recommended to begin with, but I was not as impressed as others I know.Special Features:
- A bit of a let down.DaveBDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I decided to dine with our friends, prior to a concert. It was nice and the food was good, however, I think we were expecting great food, and a better selection. My wife had the cream of crab soup which was runny and bland. I had the French onion soup and the New Yorker sandwich. My soup was also a bit flavorless for my liking, and the hot dog on my sandwich was over cooked and a bit chewy. As I said before, the food was good, though for the price, we expected great. The service was nothing short of what should be expected at an upscale casual dining establishment.
- Great Night!oldvetDined on 6/10/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Clyde's and everything was fantastic from the beet salad to buttermilk coconut pie. The staff made our special occasion more so. A wonderful place to dine !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot, not so cool serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We decided to sit on the dock to take advantage of a great view and the Saturday happy hour. Our service was very poor. We had to flag down our waitress several times, who wasn't all that knowledgeable of menu items. The food was good and came out in good time. I'll go back, I just don't have any high expectations on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly Bad FoodLoveToDineOutVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to Clyde's because we were near Columbia, MD and the OpenTable reviews were good. My wife liked her cocktail, but I was surprised at the small size of the draft beer. Then the food came: my wife had a pork, clams and chorizo dish; the pork, the bulk of the dish, was overcooked, tough and inedible. My Rubin sandwich was the worst I had ever had; piled high with tough, thickly cut pastrami, almost no thousand dressing, and terrible sauerkraut. When my wife complained about the pork, the waiter said he would tell the chef!
- New MenuUpfromcolumbiaDined on 5/31/2014Some major menu changes but willing to sub. Missed some of the old favorites. Sandwiches were same price as dinners which is unusual. It pushed me to dinner menu. You can always get bread if you want it. Otherwise, this is always a good choice especially when the weather is good and you can see the lake.Special Features:
- Clyde's at Columbia MallTravekerDined on 5/30/2014We had been to other Clyde's locations so we knew what to expect for food and service. Both were good and met expectations. It was pretty loud the night we were there due to, we think, a bunch of high school graduation parties. However, if you live in the area give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic outdoor diningDesigningLadiesDined on 5/28/2014It was a beautiful day in Columbia for an outdoor lunch at Clyde's. There was even a band playing. Food was good except for the shrimp bisque.Special Features:
- maryroseDined on 5/27/2014the swordfish and shrimp bisque soup of the day was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkimpyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014This restaurant needs to work on their seasonings and additions of ingredients to plates. The lamb was tough, overcooked and under seasoned, the chicken was over seasoned. Both dinners had some items on the plate barely present. The crab dip had no notable crab. Our waiter paid more attention to other tables than to us and our soda was never refilled throughout the course of dinner. There are plenty of amazing restaurants nearby, don't waste your time here. Would not return.Special Features:
- Good food but service was strainedFood4thoughtVIPDined on 5/25/2014We love Clyde's and always have, the food is consistently good at a fair price. For some reason though on this last visit the service was less than good. Although it was Sunday and a holiday weekend, the servers seemed to be surprised that business was up. We sat quite a bit before our drink order was taken and then there was a looong wait before the dinner order was taken and before it arrived. The food was good though, my soft shell crab sandwich was perfect! Sadly we sat nearly 20 minutes waiting for the check. We have never had service this bad and can only assume this was a fluke, we love Clyde's and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch foodRNikDined on 5/25/2014We were really happy with the brunch meal we had recently. Very tasty food, good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lumberjack7478Lumberjack7478Dined on 5/24/2014My wife and I consider Clyde's to be our favorite restaurant. We eat there often and on almost every special occasion such as anniversaries, birthday's, etc. When we have out of town guests an evening at Clyde's is an absolute must. The remodel has only improved the atmosphere and made it even better.Special Features:
- consistently goodfoodie123Dined on 5/24/2014Clyde's continues to shine throughout these 50 years. Always treated with great service, good food and a lovely setting on the lake in Columbia.Special Features:
- Good average foodSandiVIPDined on 5/23/2014Was seated in the bar area; very noisy; hard to hold conversation with the other couple. Food was good, not great, potions appropriate, service was excellent, very attentive waiter. Excellent meeting place. Good bar scene; a lot of traffic there. Good neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Was not impressedhollyrobbedDined on 5/21/2014I had heard good things about Clyde's so I decided to take my husband there for his birthday. Even though it was a Wednesday I made a reservation and let them know about our special occasion. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us and was friendly--she made a note to tell our waiter that it was his birthday. However, our waiter was practically non-existent. It was extremely noisy and crowded in the restaurant and it took 20 minutes to get our drink order. Our appetizer came out and was small--we waited another 20 minutes for our food to arrive. The steak was good but the ravioli was in a broth and tasted only like Lima beans. There was no bread to absorb the broth. We then waited another 20 minutes for our check. Not impressed.Special Features:
- A Truly Favorite SpotMONKDined on 5/21/2014Tried and true!..............Never ceases to deliver! Enjoyed a "special luncheon with a friend after 15 years" and having it at Clydes made it Memorable!Special Features:
- Some things are greatNewtgrllVIPDined on 5/20/2014For a beautiful view (the best in Columbia, for sure), and great service, especially for diners with food allergies, Clyde's can't be beat. The food itself leaves much to be desired, though. Good bread, nice salad, and my ice cream was simple and lovely. Some of the pricey main courses, though, are just not good. Brick chicken and eggplant involata can be summed up at airline food, and at these prices that is hard to swallow. Salads and sandwiches are probably best bets here, although I cannot vouch for the sandwiches personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1310 reviews are from the Clyde's of Columbia reviews archive.
- Busy, busy, but service excelledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Prom night, and Wine &Food Festival nearby combined to form a very busy Clyde 's. Thankfully we had reservations. Seated about 15 minutes later than our time, but we understood. Service was superb. Food...great. Really, how often do you find a comfort food like meat loaf on the table. Tasted just like the one Mom used to make. Spouse had the vegetarian Egg Plant dish served in a steaming hot iron casserole. Excellent as well.Special Features:
- BowieBillVIPDined on 5/17/2014We like the Clyde's Restaurant chain. But we don't rate this particular store very high, specifically because the menu selection is not as extensive as other Clyde's. We rate it good, but certainly not great. The restaurant ambience is only mediocre, but the bar is pretty good. Our most recent experience on May 17 was not memorable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Good burger...the waitress was obviously a bit annoyed we didn't want appetizers or multiple drinks for a short dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome first time at clydes4teamredDined on 5/16/2014the night was outstanding except for being seated in a booth right next to a server's station. My wife didn't appreciate having to listen to two male servers talking about some of the girls that work there. Food was PERFECT. Wes the balloon guy was great, our 4 year old and 16 year old each got a balloon. One minor recommendation, Guiness stout isn't meant to be severed ice cold. I had to wait to the end of the meal before I could drink it. We actually had to postpone our reservation one hour due to being held up at MVA for 6 hours. Rebecca took care of it and assured me we would get a table at our new reservation time, which we did.Special Features:
- Just one little thing....LyrexisDined on 5/11/2014I have always loved going to Clyde's and I have a wonderful time every time I am there. This past Sunday, however, I ran into a few issues of no introduction to the waiter (no name given, just got right down to ordering), and I had requested a second glass of wine to come with my entrée - which never arrived, and I did not receive until my entrée was finished. I think he didn't check in as frequently as he could or should have, otherwise I am sure he would have remembered to bring that second glass.Special Features:
- MhcobbDined on 5/11/2014Clyde's of Columbia is always a reliable choice for a special occasion dinner or just an evening out. Food is well prepared, tasty, and the menu is nicely varied (at my table we had lamb, a hamburger, chicken and crab cakes) with good selections in all categories - appetizers, entrees, specials, and deserts. There is a solid selection of wines offered by the glass. The noise level is not overwhelming and conversation is easy. Most of the lower dining room tables have a view of the lake outside the big windows that line the restaurant. Despite it being Mother's Day, we were seated promptly - actually before our reservation time - and enjoyed great service from start to finish.Special Features:
- Clyde's: Okay for Local DiningLookaDined on 5/11/2014The best part of Clyde's is their people. The young lady who explained why we had to wait though we were there on time for our reservation was professional and courteous. Of course she did not have to explain, it was Mother's Day. The servers were all busy, but calm and considerate. The food was disappointing. There was nothing outstanding about it. It was just run of the mill 'American Fair.' We left the restaurant feeling so-so where the meal was concerned, but the scenic views and the ambiance made the evening palatable.Special Features:
- Excellent!!LovetoEatDined on 5/11/2014I truly enjoyed Clyde's Mother's Day brunch. We made reservations so we were seated quickly and with a great view of the lake. The appetizers ordered were the artichoke crab dip and the md crab soup, both were superb. Main courses were Norwegian eggs benedict, classic eggs benedict, chicken and biscuits and French toast (children's menu). All were visually prepared beautifully and cooked just right. There were no complaints, not even from the kids! We will definitely return to try other dishes. The waitress was friendly and gave the right amount of attention. It was a busy afternoon but you could not tell by the wait staff, professional and polite, not hurried and flustered. I will recommend to others!Special Features:
- Mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch was nice and my toddler really enjoyed the baloon maker!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mother's day brunchtubersDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and mother in law for mother's day brunch. The food was outstanding, very enjoyable. A couple nitpicks with service. We had the first reservation of the day for 9:30 am, but the doors weren't opened until a few minutes past that point, despite several of us waiting outside. There was a waitress setting up the outside tables who was not particularly friendly. Strange considering the upscale ambiance. When we entered, it was clear the staff was disorganized - our table hadn't been set, for example, even though they were expecting us via reservation. One could sense tension in the air among the staff. It took over 10 minutes for our table to be set. Our waiter was just OK. Would probably not choose again for brunch.Special Features:
- Little ChillyMay2014BirthdayDined on 5/10/2014We had a great time, the only issue was we were freezing. Other than that everything was FABULOUS!!! Our server, I wish I could remember his name was GREAT!Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedImprovedDined on 5/10/2014I was a patron from way back but hadn't been back since the remodel a few years ago. Our party was six adults. Clyde's has really improved -- less congestion, and the food better -- great crab cake! Service was prompt and pleasant, view from a large window was nice. I like the variety in the menu. My big complaint has always been noise from the bar, but that wasn't a problem at 3:00 pm Sat.Special Features:
- Great for LunchHungryforlunchDined on 5/10/2014For starters, the restaurant has a great view over the lake. It is filled with customers, but not so noisy that you can't speak to each other. The food was plentiful, tasty and served nicely on the plate. The waiter gave me a great recommendation for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like Clyde's of AlexandriaNJaiVIPDined on 5/4/2014We went for brunch on Sunday on the strength of our experience at Clyde's in Alexandria, VA -- which was wonderful! This restaurant should not be called Clyde's. My husband ordered the catfish poboy. The catfish had no seasoning; I mean not even salt. There was so much arugula on the sandwich that when I tasted it, I had to spit it out (and I am not that person). To put it bluntly, it was disgusting. I went a bit more adventurous and ordered the chicken &biscuits. It was the most unappetizing thing I have ever seen. The gravy was just grease (not creamy as you'd expect), or that's how it looked, and they stacked everything on top of each other - biscuit, gravy, bacon, fried chicken & the ugliest 2 fried eggs imaginable. It was a disaster.Special Features:
- We make better food at home.EP88Dined on 5/2/2014The waitstaff was kind, helpful and professional, except for the hostesses, who made us feel like we were interrupting their conversation when we arrived. The seating area where guests are to sit and wait for a table was also being used for storage - there were several boxes of paper supplies and what looked like personal items right next to us. The menu also seems to have changed a bit - my fiancé got the Reuben and I got the Brick Chicken. We also got the crab and artichoke dip for an appetizer. We were unimpressed by the quality of food. Honestly, I am not a great cook, but I have made better food for us at home! Needless to say, we will not be retuning to Clyde's for dinner in the future.