Clyde's of Columbia
10221 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 4107302829x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Sunday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two semi-private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kraft or Billy Ireland 4107302829x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Columbia
Located on beautiful Lake Kittamaqundi in the heart of downtown Columbia, Clyde's has been serving lunch and dinner daily, and Sunday brunch, since 1975. With a seasonal American cuisine menu, diners can enjoy Wild Alaska Salmon in season, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, or a delicious Bacon Cheeseburger. Sunday brunch features favorites like French Toast, Eggs Maryland and Steak and Eggs. Serving a late-night menu, Clyde's is the place to go after a movie or a concert at nearby Merriweather Post. The Tomato Palace, our delightful Italian restaurant right next door, serves homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizza, and a variety of salads, sandwiches and Italian entrees.Continued
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
We do not accept reservations for outside dining.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Clyde's of Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Clyde's of Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)great for outdoor dining (90)neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (67)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (49)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (45)great for brunch (40)romantic (27)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (21)late-night find (18)notable wine list (16)Show More
- Food and Drinksme2uDined on 8/20/2014Inconsistent; I have been here when the food is good and then not so good. My overall opinion is the portions are small and overpriced for the quality. Small wine and beer pours also. Good for dates especially if you can eat outside.Special Features:
- enjoyable lunch sitting by the lakechocoDined on 8/19/2014What a pleasant experience sitting outside eating yummy burgers and finishing lunch with chocolate mousseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as everRavensfan2Dined on 8/17/2014Clyde's is always a good experience from the viewpoint of service and quality of the food. Only thing I would do different on our last viist would be to have the server ask how we wanted the salmon cooked (medium, well, etc). Calamari was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentsilverfoxDined on 8/17/2014Late Sunday brunch with friends. My friend reminded me that the last time we tried Clyde's, the hollandaise sauce on the eggs benedict was pathetic, so I scrapped the brunch and tried one of their specialties that I started ordering back in the 1970's, petit filet bernaise, on a toasted English muffin with sautéed bean sprouts. Well, I guess they were out of bean sprouts and they put it on a bed of soggy spinach. They acted like I had two heads when I mentioned that one of the features I was looking for were the bean sprouts. But I gave it a shot, despite two pathetic looking mini cuts of filet and bernaise that was mostly water. The meat was ridiculously tough and overcooked, They should have been embarrassed to serve it.
- Very Nice Dining Experience, but...10gammaDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Clyde's on several occasions, and although I order varied entrees on different visits, I do always order the fried calamari as an appetizer, and I was disappointed and dismayed that they evidently no longer offer the excellent Thai sweet & sour sauce as a condiment. That was the only thing that lowered my rating of the dining experience down to a "4", and I REALLY hope that the supposed "new" management wisely returns the popular sauce as an option. The calamari is just not the same without out it, and my overall dining experience there is just not the same without the calamari appetizer!Special Features:
- BrunchFellsFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The french toast was great! The "Three Little Pigs" was OK, but could have been much better. Attentive service during the first seating for brunch. The restaurant indoors was quiet because the outside seating was packed! (Beautiful Saturday morning in Columbia). Great view. Great ambience inside and outside the restaurant. Great set-up for Clyde's. We will go back to try the dinner menu and bar scene.Special Features:
- Food UnremarkableBigkitty813Dined on 8/15/2014Great location and view. Food not so much. Menu was average. Options outside of burgers were blah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RRRR.RRRRVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was excellent, ask for Tammy. The food has gotten even better with the new chief. I have the rockfish special with the corn milk sauce. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchNJFrDined on 8/10/2014Lots of choices of great entrees. Attentive wait staff. Perfect for a relaxing Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Busy busy.AuntieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a reservation, but opted for the bar inside instead. Saturday night was hopping. They had outdoor seating, right by the free concert on the lake, but the wait was very long for an outside table since no one was leaving! Hubby had carnitas tacos and brick chicken - very yummy! I had onion soup and fish and chips. The soup was overloaded with bread, and fish in the main course was soggy. I would go back for my hubby's choices. Bartender Was outstanding (Pookie, you know who you are!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We 5 minutes before out confirmed reservation time, only to have to wait 15 minutes for them to "check us in and reset out table". Our server took about 10 minutes to acknowledge us, and although he brought out drinks rather quickly, this was the only bright spot of out dealings with him. We ordered an Appitizer and out dinners at the same time, as we had ample time to preview the menu while looking for our server. The table next to us was sat about the same time we were and received great service, as they seemed to be friends of the GM. Out bread came out and was very good but come in really...1 slice of bread cut in 1/2?? Then we got our dinners shortly after. Oh our appetizers you ask? Yeah they never came. HORRIBLE WILL NOT RETURN!!Special Features:
- Fish and Chipstry2eatagainDined on 8/8/2014I ordered caesar salad but it took 15 min for the waitress to return and tell me there was no romaine lettuce. I re-ordered one of my favorites elsewhere, fish and chips. That order took another 15 minutes but it was obviously rushed because I sent it back since it was not fully cooked. The large portion order finally arrived but I was disappointed in the flavor of the fish or the batter, not sure which so only ate a quarter of the serving. My friend loved the brick chicken. Clyde's did offer me a free dessert. WE ate outside and I would have preferred softer music for talking but we were probably just too close to the speaker. The manager was attentive and the waitress pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/5/2014We were very disappointed with our Clydes party of 6 dinner... For a party of 6, we all left with the same impression - disappointed and all agreeing we would not make that mistake again. Drinks ordered never came, single crab cake was a 'small plate' version - four wedges of a tiny new potato was the garnish to a small bed of corn relish, we literally left hungry. A burger order wasn't served with the bacon requested. To refill our water glasses, we had to go retrieve a water pitcher from the bar and serve ourselves. Other tables around us looked equally upset. The waitress admitted they were short staffed. Once our order was taken she was not seen again until the check was brought. We spent over $200 for a disappointing meal.
- JoseDined on 8/3/2014Good food, good atmosphereGood food, good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's/columbiaPJPJDined on 8/3/2014We have a great dinner at Clydes of Columbia to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We had table looking out onto the lack with subtle background music and quiet surroundings. Our waiter was exquisite. He was able to describe the various dinners we were considering in precise details. He was attentive to all our needs and directed us to some delicious desserts. Upon leaving the restaurant we couldn't think of anything that could have gone better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's ColumbiaEatingout1Dined on 8/2/2014Both of us had to send our food back it was so horrible. One waiter was extremely rude and the service time was VERY SLOW. The manager was the only nice part of the evening & he apologized.Special Features:
- First DateDirectorofDiningDined on 8/2/2014Great place at the lake in Columbia for a first date. Wish the menu was had just a few more choices - maybe with a local spin. Their outdoor dining and bar area are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!FoodBossDined on 8/2/2014We were seated in the back room. Very beautiful room with nice ambiance. However, there are way too many tables squished in together. Felt like there was about a foot of space between tables. Thankfully, we were not seated next to any loud or obnoxious people as we could hear every word that was said on either side. We had a 6:45 reservation. Only ordered entrees yet our food did not arrive at our table until almost 8 and that was because we had to ask our server where it was. When it finally came there was no acknowledgement of the time. The crab cake was tasteless, the steak average. Not going back!
- perfect!KANDB44Dined on 8/2/2014After a great movie, we headed over to Clydes. We had made our reservation through opentable just moments before leaving for the movie. When we arrived at the restaurant, (about 5 minutes late due to traffic), our table was ready for us. We enjoyed every minute!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014we hadn't been to Clyde's Columbia for quite a while so were glad to be back. we decided to eat inside but asked for the room w/a view of the lake and pavilion and were accommodated. we met another couple and enjoyed our dinners and our time together at the restaurant. we remembered that it's pretty loud in the restaurant on the barside but found the pavilion side was not as noisy. so all in all we were pleased with our meals, the wine we chose and the service and will likely be back : )Special Features:
- Like this Clyde'sbabyboomerfoodieDined on 8/1/2014I always enjoy dining at this Clyde's restaurant. The food is delicious; menu options are varied and include healthful choices. A scenic lake view adds pleasure and relaxation to the experience. I plan to return there multiple times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu findsdancermom1199Dined on 7/30/2014haven't been since the re opening. food offered was very good. mussels were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchinDCVIPDined on 7/30/2014Meat sandwiches were delicious, but the salmon was overcooked and the crabcake was only ok.
- Nice atmosphereExploringMDfoodsceneDined on 7/27/2014Food is reasonably priced. Menu is light but interesting. More a casual dining experience than an upscale restaurant . Service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014The view can't be beat for outdoor dining. The hostess was not very savvy. The server was also only mediocre. The food was not good. The cheese platter was overpriced for mediocre cheese, and the crostinis were not the raisin and walnut ones as advertised, but plain instead. The blackberry jam tasted like Smuckers. The hummus platter was also only mediocre. The wine and beer selection is good.Special Features:
- LunchPreTheaterDinersDined on 7/22/2014Had a recent lunch which was quite good. My guest had a good BLT sandwich and I had a salad. The bread I received with my salad was hard as a rock and could not be eaten. Other than that, things were fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday-Dinning experienceBigfredDined on 7/21/2014The fillet mignon was fabulous wile the stone chicken was bland and had no eye appeal. The twist top bottle of recommended merlot wasn't good either. Clyde's is no longer on the date night list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/21/2014Food is both healthy and edible. I like the way the restaurant incorporates healthy greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayhifoodieDined on 7/20/2014Four of us came here before a concert and we got seated right away. All the booths were taken and you feel like your neighbors next to you can hear your conversation by the crazy seating with 2 people in chairs while the other on a window booth. But that seems to be away to get the most people seated in a small place i guess..Anyway we got drinks, small glasses for wine, had to ask for a glass for a beer but the mixed drinks were good. Apptz- crab dip and cheese plate good .. Chicken sandwich, steak salad and burger were also good. It was great looking out to the lake where we were seated. A little noisy but I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Eating on the Lakeairsgr8Dined on 7/20/2014The view was great and relaxing. Service was attentive. The food is OK. One of us had a good looking omelet, the other had eggs benedict on crab cakes. The plain white plates, too big for the portions made the food look unappetizing. No garnish, no bread offered. The blueberry buckle was delicious, as promised by the waitress.Special Features:
- SilverSpringMom34.SilverSpringMom34VIPDined on 7/18/2014The quality of the monthly special "Filet Mignon" was fair at best. The restaurant was very cold for a July evening with an 80 degree outside temperature. Couldn't wait for the meal to end and warm up outside.Special Features:
- Clyde's review in Columbia, MDluvfoodDined on 7/15/2014very disappointed. waited more than 10 minutes for our server. main course (salmon) is dry. did not get any follow thru or follow up on how's our food. worst part ... with the amount of $$ you spent, no special cake for a birthday person???Special Features:
- Great for lunchCaliforniadreamerDined on 7/14/2014The food is good if you can tolerate the slow, indifferent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewalwaysdiningoutDined on 7/13/2014This was our first visit to Clyde ' s. The food was great and the service was too. Our actual waiter could have moved a little quicker but the food itself was delivered quickly. I wouldn't recommend Clyde's for a romantic evening (we were celebrating our anniversary). The bar and the closeness of other diners did not create a mood of romance. However the view of the lake was romantic and a great site to take a romantic walk after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 5 oz filet minonpjonlyDined on 7/12/2014I loved the option of the petite filet. It was delicious with tarragon sauce and a delightful vegetable medley.Special Features:
- clydes- a greaeekendRaveDined on 7/11/2014Even with reservations we had a 40 min wait. The hostess told us outdoor was an hour wait, which at that point, we should have waited. She did tell the next person who asked with s similar sized party half the time, which was puzzling. Our server disappeared and was not the most engaging. However, the food, proximity to home and lakefront negated these annoyances. Now if the can only return the garlic knots to tomato palace we mught rdturn to these restaurants st out previous level.Special Features:
- Always a good timeJB88VIPDined on 7/11/2014Used open table to make a reservation and was very happy we did because there was a 1 1/2 hour wait for walk-ups. We had a great watermelon, prosciutto and burrata appetizer that was excellent. My wife had a crabcake and I had a hamburger. The food is always good and the service as normal was top notch. It's always a good time at Clydes.Special Features:
- Unusual Off NoteCakewalkVIPDined on 7/5/2014Clyde's Columbia is a go to restaurant. Good food, service, environment, etc. This last time though I ordered the Filet special. The steak and accompanying spinach and mashed potatoes were delivered to our table lukewarm at best. It tasted as if the Filet had been cooked several hours earlier, and then the kitchen did a poor job of reheating it.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, OK foodColumbiaDinerDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner on a Saturday evening. It was not overly busy but we had to wait a long time for our food. When it arrived, my steak was almost cold. It was a small filet mignon but it wasn't a very nice piece of meat. We were disappointed with our experience.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable family dinner.reamorDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I brought our daughter's family to dinner on the evening of July 5th, and had a very good meal. This was our first meal at this restaurant, and we were not disappointed. As we had a 3 week old baby, we did not try to eat outside but were seated in a perfect corner away from A/C and lots of movement. Our appetizers were the crab avocado dip and carnitas tacos (two, we cut into four halves so all could try them), which were a great way to start our meal. Their crusty bread was very good, both to eat and to consume the dip. Our group then had the brick chicken, the eggplant, and fish and chips -- all memorable.Special Features: