Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
455 Park Ave
Worcester, MA 01610Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.epeppercorns.com/
- Phone: 5087527711x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Marcos Ferreira
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Peppercorns is famous for their great catering services. We have a wonderful catering menu available at www.epeppercorns.com as well as the option to personalize any menu of your choice.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Oliveri 5087527711x
A word from Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern
Serving up casual Italian food in Worcester has been a Peppercorn’s tradition for over 25 years. Peppercorn’s Grille and Tavern is a comfortable, family friendly Worcester restaurant offering up a variety of tasty and affordable menu selections with featured entrees that include seafood, chicken, pasta, burgers and more. Peppercorn’s also has daily specials to tempt your taste buds along with Worcester’s best thin crust pizza, an outstanding kids menu and a wine list that rivals any Worcester restaurant. With 7 high definition flat screens, appetizer specials, a one of Worcester’s best collections of craft brewed beer, including our very own Wormtown Ales, the Peppercorn’s Lounge is the best place in Worcester to catch a game, relax with friends, and have a great night out on the town. For two generations, Peppercorn’s has been the place to dine for great Italian food in Worcester. So stop on in, and let us show you just how good Italian Dining in Worcester really can be!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Peppercorn's Grille and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- gluten freesurgtechDined on 3/8/2014I am on a gluten free diet. I was very pleased with the gluten free selections. Though I thought there could of been more dessert choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant Week DiamondJom511Dined on 3/6/2014I cannot say enough! ~ Perfection is what we got the entire night of our visit. I booked for four of us during restaurant week. Food, service, atmosphere was outstanding and flawless. Each one of our food selections was delicious, hot, and amazing. The dessert selection wowed! I would highly recommend going to this gem for anyone, no matter what the occasion!Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!rkamVIPDined on 3/2/2014I have been a long time resident near Worcester, went to high school and college in the area but do not remember Peppercorn's having amazing food like this. I was there for brunch and the food will definitely make me come back to try more.Special Features:
- For a large plate, order pastaEMGSDined on 3/1/2014We saw people all around us receiving large plates of pasta, and one of our party had way more then she could eat. My husband's Italian sampler was a decent size. However his Aunt & I ordered the steak tips and stuffed shrimp combo, she with rice and I substituted fries. Now the menu states it is 3 stuffed shrimp, but I did not expect just 3 steak tips also. If you want a vegetable of any type you will need to pay for a side salad for most of the items on the menu. On a good note, The waitstaff are fantastic, our table was waiting for us when we got there, the food we did get was excellent and the beer menu extensive. I ordered hard cider and the waitress recommended a new cranberry blend, and I was very happy I switched.Special Features:
- Good Night OutGreatNightOutDined on 2/28/2014Great food and Great Beer. Med wait times so make reservations. Parking can be an issue. Warm amospher, but lighting can be bright pending where you sit. Overall good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceWidowDined on 2/27/2014Food and service were very good. Nice variety on menu. I'd be happy to return.Special Features:
- Great food - loved the gluten-freeMooseDined on 2/22/2014Great food - loved the gluten-free menu. Expanding that would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Tortellini MatthewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Loved the Tortellini Matthew and my friends really liked their meals as well. Great beer selection. Good parking. Waitress wasn't overly attentive but she was nice and brought what we asked for. Atmosphere wasn't anything special but it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than AnticipatedphantomDined on 2/21/2014I went here specifically for the variety of Wormtown on tap but was pleasantly surprised by the food! I would highly recommend making a reservation, we went on a Friday night and it was very busy. Parking was very limited but they also have free valet parking. The menu is pretty broad ranging and they had a few specials. The craziest special was "Chef's Choice"... you let the chef cook you whatever he feels like. I got the "tips 'n newburg" which was above average and my wife ordered the pecan crusted chicken special that she loved. The food is above average but the Wormtown beer makes it a winner for us. We're definitely going here again.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Great food, great service and an excellent list of craft beer. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysamandabeth67Dined on 2/14/2014Peppercorn's never disappoints. Great service and great food!Special Features:
- we'll be back again!spiceitDined on 2/14/2014This is a restaurant we keep high on our list of choices in the Worcester area. It never disappointed us. The local brews are great and the food is excellent. I'm very picky and hard to please. When I saw a "secret" dish listed, I was intrigued but also concerned. I asked our waitress and she convinced me to try it. She was right, I loved that entrée! The service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashLinnyDined on 2/8/2014Had a late lunch over the weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and other than the fire alarm going off just before we ordered, it was a great place to meet & dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday nights!!!queenieVIPDined on 2/3/2014Wow! Monday nights are the bomb! $5.00 apps all night long in the dining room and only $6.00 for a large (!) cheese pizza! I could make a meal out of the eggplant rollatini app alone, but of course, sample everything else. The fish tacos are another standby of excellence. We are here every Monday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-FreeMooseDined on 2/2/2014Great gluten-free menu. Very knowledgeable staff on gluten free items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for Sunday brunchKMacVIPDined on 2/2/2014Peppercorn's is a family favorite. The new brunch menu is a nice addition. Three of us went on a Sunday after church. I ordered from the brunch menu. The other 2 ordered from the regular menu. I had the breakfast lasagna. How can you go wrong with French toast stuffed with breakfast meats? The touch of Jack Daniel's infused maple syrup gave it a nice sweet/savory balance. My wife ordered the salmon tips -- they were cooked perfectly and complemented nicely with the sauteed vegetables. My son had the grilled ahi tuna sandwich with sweet potato fries. Again the fish was cooked perfectly and it filled the bun nicely. Waitress was attentive but didn't seem to be familiar with the menu. Cocktails were creative and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, but one small suggestion.spinalflexVIPDined on 1/29/2014Loved my meal, dessert was great, service was excellent, and the Wormtown beer was sooo good. My only complaints (and small overall) is that with 10 or more local brews to try, the beer sampler was limited to 4. Even more, although there were at least 6 IPAs on the menu, the growler selection did not include any if these! I would have loved to take home a couple of growlers of fine IPA, but had to settle for Wintah ale, which isn't nearly as attractive to me. But, I would definitely recommend stopping in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night outdineoutDined on 1/26/2014Had dinner here with two friends before a show at Hanover Theater. I had haddock (nice white fish, hot with right amount of cracker crumbs, pasta, salad). The rollatini appetizer was delicious! My friends had seafood risotto and pasta with chicken. They loved both and had to take some home. Waitress was attentive but not bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrid Food and ExperienceKellyDined on 1/26/2014The food was just plain bad. We were seated in a back room where the decor was old, run down and dirty. The server was inattentive. I had to ask for bread, was told it was coming out of the oven soon, it never arrived at the table. Had to ask for condiments, when they finally came half way thru the meal the container was empty. The server never asked if we needed anything and didn't refill the water glasses. The order didn't come to the table as requested. I asked for extra anchovies, my salad arrived with three. Don't waste your time or money.
- Nice place...HappyDined on 1/25/2014The waitress we had was pleasant but wasn't very attentive. She didn't tell us what the specials were, didn't offer bread, I asked for lemon in my water and she forgot it, and when I asked her a price for a 1/2 portion meal she didn't know what it was. I ordered the Salmon Timothy and El Morrocco salad and loved it. My fiance ordered the #1 (beef tips and baked stuff shrimp). He felt that the shrimp was made from frozen and not fresh and was not pleased with his meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hosts were very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014The hosts were very good, helpful and friendly. The service was adaquit but not anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, large portions,winoDined on 1/24/2014good food, large portions, a little noisy, but a good overall neighborhood dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodladydocDined on 1/17/2014Usually come by when in town for my kids' college functions. Third time here in the last two years and have not been disappointed yet. Service staff very professional and attentive. Food consistently excellent with large portions. Consistently quiet - nice to be able to hear each other at the table. Great for families. Prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, yummy cocktailsEmilyDined on 1/13/2014Wonderful service, yummy cocktails and amazing beer selection. Food was really good too. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Good food, fresh beerRemyDined on 1/12/2014Food was good, but the beer was better. It's so local that its brewed on the property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We picked Peppercorns becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We picked Peppercorns because a group of friends were getting together and we needed a central location. Given the fabulous reviews, we chose this wonderful place to meet. The service was outstanding. The food was awesome. I couldn't believe what a gem we had been lucky enough to come upon. The reviews really are an important resource especially in our situation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2014No matter what you like, you can find it on the menu. Great appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches, full meals. We had some of the best burgers ever. Cooked to perfection, juicy and flavorful. Mountain of sweet potato fries - not greasy, just out of this world. Reasonable prices. Our go-to lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014I got a lobster bisque soup that was amazing. My girlfriend ordered a burger and they gave her the option to have ground beef, veggie, turkey, or even a tuna steak. She got the tuna and it was really good. I didnt drink but noticed they had a good beer selection. One of the best places Ive eaten in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!rogerspaDined on 12/31/2013Awesome beer selection!! I almost always get the "Hand of the Chef" when I go for dinner. You don't know what it will be and the server won't tell you but so far... I have never been disappointed! It's like going over someone's house for dinner and you don't know what they are serving. It's fun!Special Features:
- perfect eveningmarkcfoodDined on 12/31/2013From beginning to end this was a great dining experience. Nice atmosphere, excellent wait staff ,and delicious food. That about sums it up. There were 5 people in our group and we'll all be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place to eatGrammyof2Dined on 12/31/2013We like going to Peppercorns at least once a month because we always get a good meal there. One of my favorite dishes is the baked stuffed shrimp. Its always tender and the stuffing is very tasty. My husband as tried most of the seafood dishes on the menu and has enjoyed them all. The have what they call a "chefs surprise" where you dont know what your getting but its always something special. The sangria is my favorite and my husband likes the extensive choices of draft beers. I would recommend this resteraunt to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DiningSusanDined on 12/29/2013Great selection of appetizers and main dishes from a hamburger to a gourmet meal. Recommend the risotto balls and Tuscan potato chips! Family friendly.Special Features:
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We were with a large group and we all ordered something different. Everybody loved what they ordered! I've tried many of the things on the menu and everything is always delicious. I would recommend this to a friend or family member!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSusanDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant was great, the salmon was cooked to perfection , my husband got a chicken dish and was also very pleased. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great Family Night OutGzak1977Dined on 12/21/2013I took my wife and step daughter here before a showing of A Christmas Carol and it was excellent! I had been here once before and the food was always amazing! The servers are always polite and attentive and took very good care of us. We will be back and in the very near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatSRSMDined on 12/12/2013The food is always great, the wait staff very professional. I have been here many times with friends and relatives and it has always been a great meal and atmosphere along with very pleasant and efficient wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentBigDVIPDined on 12/6/2013Each time we have eaten at Peppercorn's the food has been excellent. The prices are reasonable and the service is good. Great place to go in Worcester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased every member of our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2013We went to peppercorns to celebrate a family birthday and diners ranged from 86 to 26. The food was fantastic - everyone was pleased with his or her meal. I had the hand of the chef after seeing it on a nearby table - the chicken stuffed with goat cheese and spinach was cooked perfectly and the accompanying marscapone mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. The asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was also a nice addition. Other diners had pasta, fish and chips, and steak tips and most plates were clean by the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my reservation on OpenCarolVIPDined on 11/16/2013Made my reservation on Open Table, asked for a table in a quieter area as my husband is very hard of hearing and a lot of background noise is problematic for him to carry on a converstion. We arrived 15 mins early, as traffic was not as bad as we had anticipated. We waited the 15 mins, then were escorted to a table at the entrance of the dining room, the most bustling, noisy area in the entire room! Oh well, didn't want to make a big deal. Wine and beer selection was good, husband had the beer sampler. 1 of his choices was not available, he did enjoy the 4 he tried. Pasta bolognese was AMAZING, chicken piccata a little bland. Panzanella salad excellent. Service was very attentive. Will wait for a more satisfactory table next time.
- Good and reliableAllenDined on 11/9/2013The 'corn is near to my home so its a regular dining spot for us. The brewery is right there so the are always many beer choices as well as wines. But the food is far above typical pub fare. It has a well rounded menu with many Italian influences. All in all,very dependable.