The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
9021 Gaither Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/gaithersburg/specials
- Phone: 3015193638
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 4 course wine dinners with wine representatives from all over the world. Enjoy 4 courses of fondue paired with exquisite wines from selected vinyards around the globe. Second Tuesday of every month is Ladies Night. $30 per person for all 4 courses.
A word from The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (79)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014We had reservations for 7:30 we got there at 7:15 we didn't get sat until almost 8:00 pm. Then it took a while for the waitress to come to our table. Once we ordered things started flowing better, but it was not ok for us to wait 45 mins and we had reservations.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayNerak1818Dined on 3/21/2014I took my best girlfriend for her 40th birthday. I paid extra to have balloons, strawberries and a digital photo taken. However, I was so busy enjoying the meal, that I forgot about the photo. I had assumed the staff would have remembered and was supposed to take the photo. Kinda of annoyed that I paid for something that I didn't get. That said, Isaac was a great server and the food was delicious. We ordered the flaming turtle for dessert, which was good. Hoever, the dark chocolate oreo I had last time was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeAmyHDined on 3/15/2014I heard about this place from a friend on Facebook. I looked it up online and it seemed really interesting. My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary and it was awesome! The food was really good but the dessert was by far the highlight of the night! It's kind of expensive, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should give the dinersChantelDined on 3/14/2014You should give the diners who have the living social coupon an opportunity to choose their entree for diet restrictions. However, the coupon was fixated for certain choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!jspang91Dined on 3/13/2014My boyfriend and I had an awesome time here. Great service, great food, and great overall experience. Good for dates or groups of friends, but because of price and the hot tabletops, I wouldn't recommend it for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot is a greatcarmelDined on 3/13/2014The Melting Pot is a great restaurant. The food is good, the service outstanding. Nice for an intimate meal or a great place to share a food with friends. The food selection is broad enough to meet most diners' needs. You never feel rushed or like you are an inconvenience. My favorite restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunLisainMDDined on 3/11/2014This is a fun-interactive dining experience. The whole evening is spent talking and "cooking" with your family/friends. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow N dustyFrenchy6886Dined on 3/9/2014We arrived for our 7pm reservation. And we greeted by a nice hostess. The food was good. The service was slow.. We asked for more sauce and when the waitress that helping out our waiter brought it she just slid it across the table. We had Six people so there was a lot of plates to be cleared.but no-one helped our waiter. There were several waiters goofing off near the bar. Towards the end on the night.we waited nearly 20mins for the chocolate to come out and when it did we had to wait some more for it to melt. Which we didnt want to do as it was 10pm at that point.the strawberries looked a bit tired. And there was heavy dust on the lights above our table right where the pots are sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionTomFondueDined on 3/9/2014The Melting Pot is great for a special occasion. Today was my son's 20th birthday. He really enjoyed the food and we all had a great time. I'd highly recommend this restaurant - good service, great food, fun environment, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeMdrob242Dined on 3/9/2014It was my first time and it was great! Only wish they had more food. Im a pretty big guy that can eat so I was still hungry. Other than that... I would give it two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...if you get a dealAshleyDined on 3/7/2014We had a wonderful time and the food is delicious. It's a fun place, but way too expensive unless you get a livingsocial or groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a couple of issuesbirthdaygirlDined on 3/2/2014When you make a reservation, even if there's only 2 of you, you may want to request a 2 burner table if one of you is getting meat to cook & the other is vegetarian. We had to awkwardly change tables because we were not told ahead of time that we'd be cooking raw meat & a vegetarian dish in the same pot. The waiter was kind about it, but it was awkward nevertheless. Thr music played is very cheesy love songs from years/decades past. It was hard not to laugh constantly about the music. Positives- great privacy, attentive waiters, fabulous food, fun for a special occassion but you will be shelling out quite a bit of money for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedJoeyDined on 3/1/2014The food itself was good but the amount of food for the price did not make sense. Very overpriced, I guess you are paying for the experience and not for the food really. Spent $300 for 6 guestsSpecial Features:
- 2nd visit...KimmieBDined on 3/1/2014Better than the first in terms of service. Our waiter was much more fun this time than last. Always a hit with the kids - something interactive to do if there's a lull in conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was awesome! My husbandMicheleDined on 3/1/2014Dinner was awesome! My husband and I had been to the Melting Pot before but our friends had not. They loved it. Waitress was great (Katrina).Special Features:
- Excellent Servicenikiterp08Dined on 2/28/2014Before I begin, it should be noted that I've had fondue at some of the best fondue restaurants in France... so my expectations are sort of unreasonably high. The food was good, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't necessarily anything spectacular. We used a LivingSocial deal, so the meal was half price, but had I paid full price, I may have been disappointed in the quality vs. the cost. That being said, I could not commend the restaurant more highly for the service. Our server, Brian R., was phenomenal- super friendly, attentive, and helpful. It seemed like others around us had similarly pleasant experiences with their servers. The management is doing something right here. Overall, a good experience. We would return, only with another deal.Special Features:
- The food was great and it'sAshleyVIPDined on 2/28/2014The food was great and it's always a fun experience. The server was a little slow and hard to find, but other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Once a year .... tops!BirthdayBoyDined on 2/28/2014There is nothing technically wrong with The Melting Pot. The idea is good, but the food is not actually good. Our cheese was heavily laden with wine and the server argued with us about it at first (which was annoying) so we made him try it and they ultimately took it off the bill. If you are hungry, this is not the place for you. One bite here one bite there. You are really only going here for the experience of dipping your food into cheese, oil, tasteless broth, or chocolate. And they never give you enough chocolate....Special Features:
- We always love going to TheSteshDined on 2/24/2014We always love going to The Melting Pot. Because you cannot eat quickly, it gives time for good conversation. My wife and I really enjoy each others company and truly love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dinner at the Melting PotChelswVIPDined on 2/22/2014My family drove an hour and a half to meet my husband and I for dinner at the Melting Pot on Saturday. We go for most birthdays and special occasions because we all love the food. This time it was my mothers birthday dinner. We were seated at our table and waited almost 10 minutes to be acknowledged by a waiter. I actually had to ask another waiter to find ours for us, which I have never had to do. When our waiter came over, he did not apologize to us for the wait and when we stated we were ready to order everything he would only take our drink orders. The entire visit was like this and we were there for almost 3 hours due to this. The food was lovely as always, we don't usually have a problem with service so we plan to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was fanastic, sheErashDined on 2/20/2014Our server was fanastic, she helped guide us through the revised menu and suggested a uniquely created chocolate fondue for dessert which was absolutely fabulous. The dessert is the best part of a fondue restaurant after all!Special Features:
- one of my favorites!YummyDined on 2/19/2014Everytime I eat here I am remended how much I love it! It won't be long before I'm back!Special Features:
- Something amiss this tripMichaelDined on 2/17/2014Ordinarily, we greatly enjoy the Melting Pot but this time the wait between courses seemed longer than usual. We had asked for a photo to be taken as it was our anniversary dinner. But we were told - at the end of the evening that the camera was broken. Overall not as enjoyable as other visits. The food was just as good as ever, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeTheDudeDined on 2/17/2014Wife and I finally had a date and what a place. Aaron the waiter - perfect, just gets it, and highly recommend him. Food was awesome, ambiance, etc... Some may find it pricey but seriously for the quality, setting, service, etc... I expect to pay a bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets Better Exery VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014Celebrated Valentine's and a Birthday....food was outstanding and the service was the best.Special Features:
- Perfect Valentine's TreatNikitaKGDined on 2/16/2014We took our two tween daughters here for a Valentine's Day celebration and we all loved everything! We ate in the party room with another family and their two tween daughters and it was a ton of fun! We had four pots for the eight of us and our server was energetic and attentive and gave the right amount of attention to the girls as well. As usual the food was fantastic and they even had a special Valentine meal package for the kids who never want the salad part of the dining experience. It could not have been a more perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great ExperienceDelightedDinerDined on 2/15/2014This was the second time we have gone and both times we were very pleased with our experience. The service was tremendous and the food was great. They have several great selections for wine to compliment your meal, and if you need any recommendations for their favorites or food-wine/beer pairing, the staff is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone to go, especially if you are celebrating a special occasion or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest TimeJK214Dined on 2/14/2014Melting Pot was amazing, food was terrific, service was great, and it gave us the best night for Valentines day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner for Valentine's Night!valentinedateDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful time eat dinner for valentine's evening date. Dessert was all yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early ValentinejmsbhDined on 2/12/2014We generally visit the Melting Pot a day or two BEFORE Valentine's Day and always have a great experience. Service is very good, no one is rushed , food well prepared, no crowds or impatient kids. We'll be back for this and other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family birhtdayluv2dineDined on 2/8/2014family of 6 for my wife's ??th birthday. they explained the different courses and expertly presented them all to us. Our children had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic and they kept bringing strawberries at the end until the chocolate ran out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but way over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014The food is good, but $190 (incl tip) is very expensive for dinner for 3 w/ a single beer.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprisePaulDined on 2/8/2014The service and food were outstanding. As a first time customer who had no idea how to order or cook the food, the help of the server was most important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great!Stacyleigh75Dined on 2/8/2014My friend and I were were able to get same-day reservations for a Saturday night but only 2 times were left - 4:00 and 4:15. We chose the 4:15 and were done at approximately 7:30pm. Our server recommended the Fiesta for the cheese portion and it was just so-so. Some of the accompaniments were off - raw veggies? The bread was very good. We opted for a ceasar salad and it wasn't bad. We did the "classic" entree and it was pretty good but by the time you put the sauces on the meat, you couldn't tell what liquid you were boiling the meat in - everything tasted similar. But the REAL star was the dessert. Dark chocolate on strawberries, bananas, oreo-covered marshmallows, rice krispie treats -- HEAVEN! Next time, we will just come for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to GoBahuncamieDined on 2/6/2014Looking for something different? This is definitely the place to go. It's romantic, calming, relaxing and provides an excellent forum for conversation. Special occasions feel even more special when I come here. I love the Melting Pot and especially the one in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area. The best deals are the four-course offerings. The wines and lemonade, and teas are great as well. Although children are welcomed by the restaurant, I think I'll keep this one for myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for VinnieBcblakeVIPDined on 2/1/2014The waiter, Vinnie, was excellent and helpful. For fondue novices, he was great at making recommendations and explaining the contents of the fondue bases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the ExperienceAtaruDined on 2/1/2014While the experience was a brand new one for my family, the limited flavors available wasn't a great fit for everyone. I'm not quite sure I understand why the experience costs $50 per person when the overall quality of the food was nothing better than an average restaurant. Granted, I new the expense going into the experience but was expecting more flavorful food. The waiting staff was excellent, and the dessert portion of the 4-course meal was best part of the overall meal. Good experience overall, just wasn't for us.
- Birthday TreatPatrickandFriendsDined on 1/25/2014I haven't been to the Melting Pot and I did not think I would enjoy the non-traditional dining experience. How wrong I was. I enjoyed everything about the experience. I wish the table were a little larger for seven adults, one bing in a large wheel chair. But we were fairly comfortable. Our server, Sarah, did an outstanding job explaining everything and participating in our quirky conversation. I was celebrating my birthday and she just "melted" into to group adding clever conversation but not intruding. We enjoyed it! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy my time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014I usually just come to Melting Pot for a special occassion, but will be looking into a ladies night with my co-workers soon. Already looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW. What an experience. AndJohnDined on 1/25/2014WOW. What an experience. And that is what Melting Pot is- A Dining experience. The combination of semi- private tables and cooking of some of the food at your own table makes for a very romantic and intimate dining experience. The seasonings and food were amazing. My only criticism is that the portions were small and the prices high. Obviously they are charging for the whole experience- One that I have not seen anywhere else. The price is the only reason I did not give five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.