The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
9021 Gaither Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/gaithersburg/specials
- Phone: 3015193638
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 4 course wine dinners with wine representatives from all over the world. Enjoy 4 courses of fondue paired with exquisite wines from selected vinyards around the globe. Second Tuesday of every month is Ladies Night. $30 per person for all 4 courses.
A word from The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
The Melting Pot - Gaithersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (75)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- simply amazingstephsrDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service and friendly stuff. Great food. Very accommodating and you never had to look for your server. You felt pampered and the Manager stops by to ensure you were satisfied with the service. If it's a special occasion they help you celebrate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great fooddavelenaDined on 5/11/2014This was our second time at a Melting Pot restaurant. The first was Mother's Day in Atlantic City two years ago.Very pleasurable experience both times. The wait staff are friendly, courteous, and very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!jello2111Dined on 5/11/2014We visited the Melting Pot in Gaithersburg as a Mother's Day special and it was wonderful! This was our family's first time eating at a Melting Pot and we are definitely fans. I can't wait to go back. Even though the restaurant was very busy for Mother's Day, the server did a superb job.Special Features:
- Always a great place to celebratecamygramyDined on 5/11/2014Melting Pot has become a tradition for special occasions especially Mother's Day and Anniversaries. The service, food and atmosphere is consistently excellent. We look forward to our dining out experience whenever we dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and servicemeltingpotfanDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has wonderful ambiance, much like most Melting Pots'. The service was impeccable and food was great as usual. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great food, lots of fun!luvinfondueDined on 5/10/2014Went there for my sisters bday. We ordered the balloon package which was beautiful and waiting for us at the table! what a great surprise gift for her because it came with a gift card and chocolate strawberries! the food was amazing! Our waiter Nick kept up with our large group, took our picture for us and joined in with our jokes! i cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Nice and Fun experience. The cheese fondue and desert is fabulous.Special Features:
- Mothers DayFamilyDined on 5/10/2014Was looking forward to Banana Foster fondue, they no longer have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as gooddisappointed4round2Dined on 5/9/2014We were @ Melting Pot in the Fall, 2013 for my wife's birthday. Had a great time. This round, like watching a movie you loved for the second time, was not as good. The salad was not good --- they seemed to be skimping on the volume compared to last time and the variety of ingredients was wanting. The service/ambience was great, but the food just came up wanting.Special Features:
- Great placeeat2liveDined on 5/8/2014food was fantastic and service was excellent ask for the server bryan when you get there he was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice changeYummyDined on 5/7/2014I love this place! It's nice to have a change and this is it. Great food and service,too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first experiencetryingnewthingsDined on 5/3/2014I took my husband for his birthday, and we both enjoyed everything About the melting pot. The food was awesome and our waitress Naomi was very sweet and on point. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night SpotKarens247Dined on 5/3/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Melting Pot in Gaithersburg, Maryland. We enjoyed our evening so much! Things were perfect from the time we walked through the door until the time we left. Great service, food and drinks! This place is great for a date night since you have to cook the food at the table, and that requires interaction between those at the table. The ambiance is nice and we loved the balloon/strawberry/photo package. I strongly recommend The Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time is a CharmDelightedDinerDined on 5/2/2014This is the third time we have visited this place, and all three times we have been completely satisfied by everything. The food and options were great, the beer and wine list had many options, and the service was tremendous.Special Features:
- Melting Pot- Poor ServiceAmysExperienceDined on 5/1/2014Hosted a birthday party for my sixteen year old son. The service was great in the beginning; however, once the food was delivered our server was no where to be found. Given this dinner cost over $400. and was a special occasion I would think a server would come to check to see if we needed refills or extra vegetables...especially since we were only give two small bowls of vegetables for six people. I would also think that since the birthday package included a photo that they would remember to take the photo. I spent the last half of our party trying to track down our waiter to refill our drinks, order dessert, request our bill and take a photo of the birthday boy and his friends. Our waiter was clearly given too many tables...Special Features:
- better romantic boothsplatano005Dined on 4/25/2014The romantic booths can have individual speakers with romatic music. maybe an option to connect your own phone or ipodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu ShowingWhodey985Dined on 4/24/2014Fantastic food especially when paired with a coupon you get a great selection for the meals. They recently revamped the menu and added some new cheese dishes and chocolate dishes to try out.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OurRomanticSpotDined on 4/24/2014This was our second visit & it was just as amazing as the first! Cliff was our server & he is absolutely fantastic! GREAT guy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!danderson1964Dined on 4/20/2014Always have a great time at the Melting Pot!! Been there many times and have never had any issues or problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice!USBrit1Dined on 4/20/2014Great server, quick service a little on the pricey side, but good to do for romantic evening or maybe girls night out. Good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience18thBirthdayDined on 4/20/2014Food... Experience.. recommendations from the waiter... every thing was great!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchDisappointedVIPDined on 4/20/2014Right to the point...the food was just ok. The service was great, and the chocolate fondue was awesome. The quality of food was just ok. Not bad but ok. Go for the experience! But ask for Brian the waiter. He was just fantastic! The manager came by twice to insure a good dining experience. This is more restaurant preference of food suppliers not service. The restaurant seemed very clean, dark though. Could have used some background music as I listened to my loud dining neighbor's conversation by force and not be choice. Minor detail. Just go and have some fun.Special Features:
- Didn't have my reservationcey913Dined on 4/17/2014I set up my reservation for a Thursday night through Open Table (and received a conformation email) on Wednesday morning. When I called Thursday morning to alter my reservation, the hostess said that they did not have me in the books. I told her that I booked through Open Table, and received a confirmation email. Once I told her this, she said "well I guess we can squeeze you in tonight." When we got to the restaurant the service was wonderful, but the hostess on the phone was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, As AlwaysBEAMSSDined on 4/14/2014You really cant go wrong with the Melting Pot, especially with a fantastic Living Social Deal. The food was excellent, and our server Lauren, could not have been nicer. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmospherejtgoskinsDined on 4/13/2014I have been to the melting pot numerous times and it is always excellent. From the first course to the dessert course. My wife and I have decided to make it a point to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't go here very often.KitRDined on 4/11/2014I don't go here very often. It's a special treat restaurant for times when family or friends are visiting. But whomever I bring, we always have a wonderful time. The fondues are fun and they give the whole group gathered around the table a pleasant communal atmosphere. I have never been disappointed by the cheese or chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotEmilyandBrianDined on 4/10/2014We dine at the Melting Pot once every 1-2 months. Typically for a special occasion, or I will go for a night out with the girls. The food and service are always fabulous. The Melting Pot never disappoints!Special Features:
- Great Food and StaffSuperFoodLoverDined on 4/5/2014The food was terrific and the staff was incredible!Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I loveBeccalipsDined on 4/2/2014My girlfriends and I love getting together here - great food and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Bit of Everything!GypsyDined on 4/2/2014I really enjoy going to restaurants where they do all the prep work and you 'customize' your plate. We had a voucher for the 4 - course experience and didn't know what to expect. Brian, our server, was exceptionally personable, patient, and knowledgeable.All of the food was of a very good quality and presentation was attractive. It was fun to try different combinations of proteins (shrimp, teriyaki beef, herbed chicken, and unseasoned beef) with the 6 different sauces provided. The app course with cheese fondue ( really tasty combo of cheeses) was good with fruits and veggies but would have been fine with just bread cubes. Nice, balanced, tasty salad and way too good morsels for dipping in chocolate for dessert. MMMM!Special Features:
- Wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014We had reservations for 7:30 we got there at 7:15 we didn't get sat until almost 8:00 pm. Then it took a while for the waitress to come to our table. Once we ordered things started flowing better, but it was not ok for us to wait 45 mins and we had reservations.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayNerak1818Dined on 3/21/2014I took my best girlfriend for her 40th birthday. I paid extra to have balloons, strawberries and a digital photo taken. However, I was so busy enjoying the meal, that I forgot about the photo. I had assumed the staff would have remembered and was supposed to take the photo. Kinda of annoyed that I paid for something that I didn't get. That said, Isaac was a great server and the food was delicious. We ordered the flaming turtle for dessert, which was good. Hoever, the dark chocolate oreo I had last time was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeAmyHDined on 3/15/2014I heard about this place from a friend on Facebook. I looked it up online and it seemed really interesting. My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary and it was awesome! The food was really good but the dessert was by far the highlight of the night! It's kind of expensive, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should give the dinersChantelDined on 3/14/2014You should give the diners who have the living social coupon an opportunity to choose their entree for diet restrictions. However, the coupon was fixated for certain choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!jspang91Dined on 3/13/2014My boyfriend and I had an awesome time here. Great service, great food, and great overall experience. Good for dates or groups of friends, but because of price and the hot tabletops, I wouldn't recommend it for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot is a greatcarmelDined on 3/13/2014The Melting Pot is a great restaurant. The food is good, the service outstanding. Nice for an intimate meal or a great place to share a food with friends. The food selection is broad enough to meet most diners' needs. You never feel rushed or like you are an inconvenience. My favorite restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunLisainMDDined on 3/11/2014This is a fun-interactive dining experience. The whole evening is spent talking and "cooking" with your family/friends. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow N dustyFrenchy6886Dined on 3/9/2014We arrived for our 7pm reservation. And we greeted by a nice hostess. The food was good. The service was slow.. We asked for more sauce and when the waitress that helping out our waiter brought it she just slid it across the table. We had Six people so there was a lot of plates to be cleared.but no-one helped our waiter. There were several waiters goofing off near the bar. Towards the end on the night.we waited nearly 20mins for the chocolate to come out and when it did we had to wait some more for it to melt. Which we didnt want to do as it was 10pm at that point.the strawberries looked a bit tired. And there was heavy dust on the lights above our table right where the pots are sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionTomFondueDined on 3/9/2014The Melting Pot is great for a special occasion. Today was my son's 20th birthday. He really enjoyed the food and we all had a great time. I'd highly recommend this restaurant - good service, great food, fun environment, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeMdrob242Dined on 3/9/2014It was my first time and it was great! Only wish they had more food. Im a pretty big guy that can eat so I was still hungry. Other than that... I would give it two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.