Pampas Palo Alto
529 Alma Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Pampas Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pampaspaloalto.com/
- Phone: 6503271323x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Evening Lounge Open Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nikki Baverso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering inquiries please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday evenings feature live music from 6:30pm-10pm.
- Special Events: For private event inquiries please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Pampas Palo Alto
The spirit of Brazil meets luxury and extravagance at Pampas in the heart of downtown Palo Alto. Here, the authenticity of the Brazilian churrasco comes to a modern dining emporium where impromptu gatherings, romantic rendezvous’ and large corporate events feel at home. On the plate, smoke meets spice, rusticity finds sophistication, tradition is re-imagined. Simply prepared meats are spit roasted to juicy perfection and sliced tableside without limit. Sample the array alongside one of our mixologist’s freshly muddled seasonal cocktails or a choice vintage selected by our sommelier. Take in the side bar, brimming with seasonal vegetables, fresh salads and artisan cheese; and watch our servers round the room with simply prepared meats, spit roasted to juicy perfection and sliced tableside without limit. At Pampas, we invite you to sit back, indulge and watch. Every meal is a show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pampas Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (38)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- As usual, food/salad bar greatRajaDined on 1/24/2014Love Pampas. And unusually it was not crowded for lunch making my business meeting very easy!Special Features:
- Happy guestsFriendlyHostDined on 1/22/2014Every time I have friends over I always take them to Pampas. The vast choice from raw, cooked salad to cheeses and fish. Over 10 variety of skewer meats are seemed endless and more than enough to fill up your appetite. My guests are always leave with awesome satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PampaskellyjpDined on 1/22/2014Great food, can be noisy at times, so request the down stairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEllaDined on 1/19/2014Nice place, love meats and the salad bar the personnel very friendly and love the selection of the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honestly, it was more expensiveOpentablerocksDined on 1/14/2014Honestly, it was more expensive than it should have been. I don't mind paying top dollar when the food is excellent. Too much money, for what it was. I would only go back if the food was higher quality, or the cost was less. I think the separate plates are probably better than the BBQ and salad bar I ordered --- yet what I ordered was more expensive.
- Long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/11/2014Everything was going well for about 30-40 mins with lots of choices of beef and pork tenderloin coming around. We were eating for a solid hour. Of course while eating dessert, the other offerings started to come around. This includes lamb, sausages, and chicken. I would think an hour of being present at your table would be enough time for all the offerings listed on the menu to come by at least once. We were seated upstairs, which I do not know if that matters. We had a 6 pm reservation on a Sat. I would like to visit this place again and hopefully be able to taste all the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to befishandsteakDined on 1/5/2014The quality of the food and the servings have degraded. Had to ask several times to bring medium as opposed to raw meats. They do not bring anymore sauces to the table, and some other items that used to be delivered to the table is available only at additional price, which for an already pricy set is not acceptable.
- Great foodEateryVIPDined on 1/5/2014Pampas has great food. Assuming you do not order a la carte, they bring meats to your table letting sample many. The prime rib was amazing!Special Features:
- Great Time!DarlasMomDined on 12/30/2013Loved the waiter, food was great! Overall fabulous timeSpecial Features:
- Great spot for a nice night outLaFondontDined on 12/29/2013This place is a fantastic spot for celebrating a special occasion or for having a nice date night. The food is fantastic. Literally all the meat you can eat, plus a giant salad bar for those that want to waste good stomach space lol. They also have a nice kids menu.Special Features:
- good food weird servicepacificDined on 12/28/2013I went to Pampas with my wife and son. My wife and son ordered the all-you-can eat meat dinner and I ordered the fish meal (Ono) wince I'm on diet due to my recent heart attack. Towards the end of the meal, the waiter brought bbq pineapples as a part of the meat dinner. I asked the waiter if I could get a tiny piece to taste and his response was a humiliating NO. I felt really embarrassed. Since I'm trying to be a good role model for my son, I simply said "sure, rules are rules" but deep inside I felt this was really weird. Both fish and meat dinner cost almost the same and we paid more than $250 for 3 people meal. How come a small slice of pineapple was considered too much ?Special Features:
- Amazing food horrible lightingBrianDined on 12/16/2013The service was top notch. Geno and JK were phenomenal. I will without a doubt be back. The food was to die for. Only thing I would change is the fluorescent lighting. Very cafeteria like. Soften the lighting and it would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat lover's paradisephoenix373VIPDined on 11/30/2013Went for the rodizio service which includes about 15/16 different items (mostly meat). The quality of the beef cuts, especially the sirloin and filet mignon were exceptional, well seasoned, tender and not overcooked at all. The two lamb cuts and two sausages were a bit disappointing as they were dry in general, we opted not to try any chicken (other than chicken hearts which was exceptional). Enjoyable meal nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really greatFranceDined on 11/24/2013if you like meat this restaurant is about as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Good for a special occasionLuisDined on 11/15/2013This is one of several Rodizio type grills. Most of the grill meats were good but I was a bit disappointed by the picanha, which is the prized cut. The waiter said the sirloin is picanha, which is not the same, but I did not argue with him. If they did use sirloin as picanha, then Pampas fails as a Brazilian Rodizio. The side bar though is excellent. It's also nice they waive the $20 corking fee for your own bottle if you buy a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- MEAT!!!MarleyDined on 11/11/2013We had an awesome dinner at Pampas! The food was great and the service impeccable. The side dishes and salad bar items were all very fresh and tasty and they made a great companion to the main event = MEAT! They came around often with wonderful tasty meat. We were so full that they had to roll us out the door. Wanted to try the chocolate torte with bacon but just couldn't make room.Special Features:
- Not good for 2-4 people.DisappointedDined on 11/6/2013We were 2 people around 2 groups of 10+. Everything brought to the table (everything) was dropped quickly and before you realized it was there the server was gone. This included the bread plate, wine, appetizer, entree and check! All thrown on the table hurriedly and server gone in a flash! Nice ambience but very loud.Special Features:
- Unique but priceyCarolSVIPDined on 11/1/2013Pampas has a unique serving style - waiters bring around skewers of meat - more chicken than steak, in our experience - and offer it to patrons who have paid - a whopping $46 per person - for that privilege (coupled with an extensive salad/cheese/tabouli/vegetable/cold-cuts bar - which provides an adequate meal ($27) for those who prefer to go a little lighter). There are also meal options for those who prefer a more conventional meal. The music and ambiance were fun.Special Features:
- Nice place for quiet lunch!jay64rwcVIPDined on 10/24/2013Great place if you are trying to find a quiet place for lunch in Palo Alto close to University Ave...love the salad bar...food is always good here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!!RosaSJDined on 10/21/2013This restaurant was recommended to us by a couple of oeople and we decided to try it. OMG to our surprise the food and the service was outstanding. We had a couple of margaritas that the bartender Francisco prepared for us and they were great. We were sitted at our reservation time and our waiter Pablo was friendly and great. When the food starting coming we just couldn't believe how great everything looked and tasted. It was heaven in your mouth! The top sirloin and the mashed potatoes from the bar were my favorite! We will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso, vamos a comer bien!SpockEatsMeatDined on 10/19/2013Pampas never fails to satisfy the need for protein. The meat is sublime. The service is right-on. The wine is admirable. The atmosphere is inviting. Bravo again my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday everkeefurzDined on 10/19/2013Took my partner there for his birthday. Had such a wonderful experience. This is not my first time to Pampas and certainly not my last time there. I love the polite service we get and I always leave the restaurant feeling greatly satisfied.Special Features:
- Very SaltyElaineTDined on 10/19/2013Easy free parking right next door. Nice venue, but we were there on a busy Saturday night with many parties and a band, fine for us. Found the service lacking. We ordered wine, but had to remind our server to bring the bottle so we could enjoy it with our food. Felt rushed. Would have liked time to enjoy a cocktail before dinner, but cocktails took a long time to come and so we began at the salad bar. Good selection. Potatoes lumpy. Not sure I like to serve myself when I am paying those prices. Meats were plentiful, but WAY over salted, and some over-cooked and fatty. I even spat out some meats as I could not keep them in my mouth, and I love salt. Never drank so much water. Probably won't go back, but worth a visit with a crowd.Special Features:
- DisappointedcjgxVIPDined on 10/15/2013I don't typically leave reviews - but I have to take time to say how disappointed I was with this restaurant. I love Brazilian steakhouses, and I was really excited to find one right around the corner. But I would not waste my time here again. The drinks were not good ( how hard is it to make a caipirinha? It's only 3 ingredients). I would say less than 1/2 of the choices of meats they tout actually turned up at our table. And that was after waiting a significant of time for the ones that did turn up. Overall for the price you are paying - pass this one over and go somewhere else.
- Keep the meat comin!KaileighDined on 10/13/2013Brought my sister here for her birthday because she loves steak- probaby the biggest carnivore I know- and she absolutely LOVED the place! So glad I brought her the meal was outstanding as normal! Service was really good too all the workers were polite and very nice and helpful. I work at a Michelan star restaurant in Saratoga and their service was on par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pampas for my son's 30thgitsirkDined on 10/13/2013We had a great food experience - meat on the swords was outstanding and delicious. The sidebar was impressive with the fresh veg, salads, etc. The appetizers were out of this world (we had the ribs, calamari and the empadas). The service initially was confusing and continued throughout the night to be slow. We were seated upstairs, our waiter did nothing to explain the menu. We were soon eating and drinking, but found the sidebar on our own, as it was not pointed out to us. The other waitstaff filled our water glasses and got us additional softdrinks very promptly and were always around to take used plates, etc. We probably won't come back because of the cost of the meal and the mediocre service we received.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerdenny1Dined on 10/12/2013The Rodizio (spelling?) Service was awesome. We tried all the meat that was coming around to the table. It was an awesome experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience for family eventOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2013we've been dinning at Pampas a few times but this time with the 2 young adults since it was their mother's special birthday. The children were amazing with the fodizio "brazillian" styles. Glad to take the children to expiernce at least one time. The service was outstanding...but the seating area quite crowned, narrowing and noisy at time, conversation can easily overlapping from both side of neighboring tables!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewHelloHDined on 9/22/2013The food & service was fantastic! The only negative thing I have to say about my visit was that I had written a note with my reservation saying it was my boyfriend's birthday & no one at the restaurant mentioned it. The hostess didn't mention it when we checked in & the server didn't bring it up either. I worked as a hostess at a steakhouse & if there was a birthday noted with a reservation, we would let a manager & the server know ahead of time so the birthday dessert was brought out immediately after dinner. I just assumed this place had birthday desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehNewarkDined on 9/21/2013Severely overpriced. You can eat only so much meat. And if you go to the appetizer/sides bar first, you can eat even less meat! And to be perfectly honest, although the "theme" is cool, the meat was really nothing to write home about. The bacon wrapped turkey bits were good, but only offered twice in the 2 hours we were there. The filet mignon, not anything special. And it was tough. The loin lamb chops were excellent. The guys bringing the meats around were very nice. The jazz band was very good.
- Different kind of restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013Different kind of restaurant. Wide variety of meat selection and buffet of side dishes. Jazz ensemble played in bar area but the high volume made holding a dinner conversation difficult.Special Features:
- gone downhill and disappointedpafoodieDined on 9/20/2013we went to celebrate a family bday The skewered meat was overcooked and over seasoned- hard to find any pink....very salty and overly marinated... no more house smoked trout too We mentioned a birthday at checking and with our waiter...when asked to order dessert = we didn't order anything extra - we were full and we had two kid ice creams coming...I asked if they could stick a candle in one for us ....in the past = the restaurant had brought out a dessert on the house for birthdays. Not this year - got an extra scoop which they charged us for and when I complained to the manager = the manager made me wait over 10 minutes to go to return the charge on our card - no quick $3 cash handed over - overall very saddened by the lowered quality
- Great meat seldctionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2013The variety and quality of meat in the rodizio is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013Fit for all foodies, minus vegetarians (although there is a fantastic salad bar - not like your typical salad bar for $26 if you are invited to go I would recommend!). Real meat lovers will devour the endless amount of delicious meat options you get here at Pampas. They even cook it rarer for the REAL meat eaters and well done, for the pretend meat lovers. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone. I took my friend for his birthday. We ordered drinks, the all you can eat meat and salad bar, plus a delicious desert and it was only $122, not bad in my pinion for the quality of food and the fat that you get to stuff your face :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different experience lunch/dinnerLouDVIPDined on 9/13/2013Have been here several time for dinner but 1st time for lunch. Not the usual service of table to table with a variety of meats. You order from menu, was not expecting that. Price was not worth the lunch family style meat platter. Would only go here for dinner not lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING MEATS!FritafuzzypawsDined on 9/12/2013If you are a fan of perfectly seasoned and roasted succulent and juicy chicken, turkey, filet mignon, tri tip, pork loin, lamb chips, etc etc you have to try this place. Rodizio style dining with superb consistent service, high end, elegant atmosphere, great for work meeting or a hot date. I have formed a secret meat club with some friends from work and we come here once a month to talk shop and eat meat! Be careful with the delicious cheese breads and fried plantains they bring out at the beginning of the meal, it is easy to fill up and that is tragically less room for all the amazing meat and side dishes from the buffet.Special Features:
- Good, not greatAndreaVIPDined on 9/6/2013This restaurant didn't live up to the other Brazilian BBQ restaurants I've been to. The salad bar was okay. There were some things that were quite good. I really liked the feijoada and the beets but I've seen better spreads with more tasty meats, veggies and hot dishes at others. We didn't order the rotating meats but rather off the menu. Our main meals were very good and well prepared. But the service was slow. The restaurant was very accomodating when we asked them to reseat us to a more quiet location. But I had put in the reservation that this was an anniversary dinner and either they didn't look at it or they didn't care. I would go back and give it another try.Special Features:
- Won't leave hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2013The Rodecio option here is a real bargin for those who love meat, have had issues with resturaunts and small portions, and who are tired of paying good money for a dinner and leaving hungry. The meat selection is amazing, the service is perfect, and the nice touch of live music being performed in the background is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't ever disappointLouDVIPDined on 8/25/2013Come here once a month and never disappoints. Staff are always very attentive and even though it is buffet type theme it is always nicely presented and super clean and high end. It is not cheap by far but I is up to you to decide ...try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Brazilian SteakhouseRaiderBossVIPDined on 8/21/2013I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouses in the US and Brazil. This one is a FAKE one. The Food and service did not resemble any of the ones that I have been to. No Waiters walking around tables with skewers of Meat. We received a platter of Meat w/ no seconds. The Meat appeared to be leftovers and the Salad Bar was so bad that I barely filled my plate w/ any food. I only came here because its close to Stanford.....I will not come back!