340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)romantic (88)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (67)good for groups (41)notable wine list (19)late-night find (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Service was rushed, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008Service was rushed, staff was brusque, Waiters kept smacking me as the went by from the kitchen to the dining room. Food was horrible.
- We especially liked the factOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2008We especially liked the fact that dinner was prix fix and was a good value. My husband had the poached salmon and loved it. The food was delivered hot! We had been here once before several years ago and the quality and ambiance remain high. The location to the theatre was very convenient. We would go again and recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- With tickets for the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2008With tickets for the theater in hand, we wanted to enjoy a good pre-theater meal that would allow us plenty of time to make curtain at 8PM without being rushed. We never felt rushed and the pace was quite comfortable. Although the dining room was full, the noise level was low to moderately quiet facilitating conversation between guests and soothing French music subtly playing in the air. The service was very professional and friendly and the food was delivered in a timely manner without pushing us. Portion size was perfect, the food was prepared well and very tasty. This is a wonderful and romantic setting before the theater and we highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A real typical old-fashionedOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/21/2008A real typical old-fashioned French Bistro with dishes hard to find, such as sweetbreads, liver and calf brains! Generous portions and straight shooting quality.Special Features:
- way overpriced... food wasn'tMarkVIPDined on 5/21/2008way overpriced... food wasn't that special... the worst thing though is that other diners are literally inches away from you making you feel cramped. will not be going back... no way i could recommend it to others.
- We knew this restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2008We knew this restaurant was there but never tried it. On a friend's recommendation we decided to go. What a wonderful surprise. Everyone enjoyed, was satisfied and we will return. Food, service and the price were perfect. Tasty, well presented. Platters wee ample and were very well fed.Special Features:
- It's a great restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/18/2008It's a great restaurant for pre or post theatre. Very convenient to the theater's. Food is always consistant, well prepared and served hot. Service very professional.
- Food was French but very commercialOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/17/2008Food was French but very commercially prepared. Service was excellent as well as location for pre theater.
- One of the few places thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008One of the few places that prepares great frog legs.Special Features:
- This place is great for pre-theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2008This place is great for pre-theatre. I took my sister and brother in-law there who were visiting from Boston and they enjoyed their meal. A definite place to return to.
- This is truly a bad restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/15/2008This is truly a bad restaurant except for service. While you can't expect too much from any place that is essentially a pre=theater [lace, this was the pits.
- We had a lovely time. TheKimOVIPDined on 5/11/2008We had a lovely time. The food was very reasonable. The restaurant was attractive. Waitresses kept our water glasses full. When next in NYC, we would certainly return.Special Features:
- Felt a little rushed at firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Felt a little rushed at first but then realized the restaurant staff thought we were going to a show. Once we told the waitress we had already had gone to a show, she slowed down and we were able to take our time dining.
- Great pre-theater choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/9/2008Great pre-theater choice. Good solid French food with the feel of a '70s "fancy restaurant." It's a throw back to an earlier time.
- We were rushed. The HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2008We were rushed. The Hostess was delightful but our waitress was quite gruff, until the end of the meal when all of a sudden she found her smile. We had 2 hours until our curtain of which they were informed of. Our soup came out with our drink order. Most of the food seemed like it was prepared ahead and it tasted like we were at a catered affair. We gave it an overall 5 and we don't think with all the choices in NYC we will go back.
- We were a group of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2008We were a group of six and all had the prix-fixe luncheon menu prior to attending a matinee on Wednesday. The restaurant was filled with similar patrons and the wait staff had their hands full. However, both the food and the service was very good. Le Rivage offers a wide variety of food on the luncheon menu for a very reasonable price. We all agreed we will return.Special Features:
- The owner was very kind andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The owner was very kind and interested in pleasing his customers. Everything on the menu is authentic French cooking and cooked to perfection. A wonderful and cozy place for a very good meal that is not overpriced, a rare combination in New York City.Special Features:
- Remarkable "Restaurant Row"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008Remarkable "Restaurant Row" fair Very French, very fresh, decor and ambiance a big plus! (Zagat should update their rating) A real treat, and a cut above!Special Features:
- We were there with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2008We were there with friends from Masachusetts who enjoyed the food and its proximity to the theater they were attending.Special Features:
- Your new prices were too highOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2008Your new prices were too high and I would have liked to have a salad with my dinner.Special Features:
- Our third visit within a year,nabunDined on 4/27/2008Our third visit within a year, with 3 different couples. On 2 occasions the fish was dry or overcooked, theydid not tellus as they were guests.This past Sunday the Swordfish was dry,and the Duck was tough. My Mahi Mahi was great--is better control neesded??Special Features:
- the price fix lunch is anOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008the price fix lunch is an excellent value with one of the largest entree selections i have ever seen. a bit cramped, as are most nyc eateries, but worth it.Special Features:
- Food was simple, classic butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Food was simple, classic but well cooked. Service was pleasant.Special Features:
- perfect for quick enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008perfect for quick enjoyable pretheater dinner with easy access to shows
- The food and service was,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2008The food and service was, as always, very enjoyable. I would, however, like to experience either French speaking or American waiters. It just seems that no matter where you go in NYC any more there is a non-American waiting on you. I suppose the American people are just getting rather sick of this. Otherwise, the restaurant is lovely. Our waitress was cordial and efficient.
- although it was intended asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008although it was intended as an itimate frenh bistro ...you were practically rubbing elbows with the next table ...there was no privacy ...food was up and down ...had sole mieniere...sauce was overpowering ...escargot was bland ...dessert was adequate ..would not return ....
- We have enjoyed Le RivageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008We have enjoyed Le Rivage a number of times when we come to NYC for the theater.
- Very good service for a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008Very good service for a large group for lunch. Food was very good and an excellant value fro the priceSpecial Features:
- expensive for the food imagineFoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2008expensive for the food imagine paying $37 for a fixed menue and finding items marked pay extra 5 if you want it. they nickle and dime you to death
- The wait staff couldn't haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2008The wait staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful -- they were wonderful. The interior was clean and nicely done while the prefixe menu was absolutely delicious. The roasted duck was extra special.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasyarniekatDined on 4/15/2008Our dining experience was great, except for the people next to us gave the owner a hard time about not being able to share a meal. The tables were just too close!Special Features:
- Place was freezing (way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2008Place was freezing (way too much AC). Wait staff assumed we knew nothing about wine when we asked what they by the glass selections were, it was a poor assumption on their part. Wine by the glass was not worth drinking but the by the bottle selections were pretty good. Appetizers were pretty plain. For main courses Coq a vin was very good. Probably would not go back.
- This is a very pleasant placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2008This is a very pleasant place for a good meal. The service was pleasant and attentive. The food was very good. We arrived after the theater croud left and the restaurant was quiet and not crowded. Overall, a restaurant that I would recommend and return to.Special Features:
- When seeing a show there isLuvLunchVIPDined on 4/6/2008When seeing a show there is no better place!! Excellent food and they have it timed perfectly.Special Features:
- Having made reservations wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008Having made reservations well in advance seemed to make no difference. We had to wait 20 minutes for a table after our reserved time. Staff paid special attention to guests who "appeared to have money". Unfortunately, staff were unaware that often "appearances may be deceiving". I would be interested in feedback from this restaurant staff, although I doubt I'll ever hear from them.Special Features:
- always consistently good forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2008always consistently good for pre-theater. We enjoy our meal and the tremendous selection of choices.Special Features:
- we went after the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/28/2008we went after the theater crwod left and it was lovley. Leisure dinner.
- Great selection for $22 prixSanchoPanzaJrVIPDined on 3/27/2008Great selection for $22 prix fixe lunch and a nice alternative to be able to select and entree and house salad for $20. AND they have reasonably priced half bottles of wine. Warm, friendly greeting at the door, and efficient, friendly service. I will recommend to others. A lovely spot in the theater district.Special Features:
- Consistent quality and a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2008Consistent quality and a good value with a varied French menu - a gem on restaurant row! The desserts don't come up to the quality of the rest of the menu, though.Special Features:
- I thought it was nice untilOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008I thought it was nice until they placed us at further back table and smooshed us in. The waitress was a bit testy. The food was nice, and my friends more than made up for discomfort.