340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)romantic (83)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (65)good for groups (37)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good findnewfieDined on 8/6/2014At the last minute used Open Table to make a reservation here. Brought our 12 year old granddaughter. We were all well looked after. Had the prix fixee option and could not believe the number of choices and how they accommodated our granddaughter. Very European service; never rushed and a number of parties lingered chatting after their meal. Great value for money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great place to eat before seeing a show. Service from our waitress was wonderful which made our dining experience (first-timers) a very enjoyable time. Driving into the city was a nightmare but the food & service made up for all of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food theatre districtNYfoodtoeatDined on 8/3/2014food was tasty. heavily sauced as is often the case w much french food prefer lighter american lunch is good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old and tired...gregDined on 8/2/2014The menu, food and ambience all need a good and thorough revision. It's okay for before the theater as they have a formulaic process to get you in and out. The food is not especially attractively served and the servers are rushed to get take orders and serve them. The chef kept coming out of the kitchen to view the scene. He also made some audible remarks about people at tables where guests had not yet arrived. The menu is prefix and the food is mostly old school French. Portions are adequate but not haute de cuisine. It is rather like eating in an old fashioned restaurant that is dark, has the smell of the ages, etc. Couldn't recommend if other than for a quick dinner before the theater.
- prix fixe lunchbrunchfanDined on 8/2/2014My friend and I had a delicious lunch, and the portions were plentiful. We were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience! A great value with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceFrenchloverDined on 7/31/2014I would happily suggest this place to everyone, it was immaculate from the service to the ambience, duck terrine was absolutely delicious, also the dliced veal, just the sauce of frog legs was a bit too strong, but fine anyway. Crem brulee and apple tart were also good.Special Features:
- Never disappointsmandie15Dined on 7/27/2014Friendly staff, good food and $39.00 prixe fixe dinner make this a great after theater spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday placeExcellenteDined on 7/25/2014Had my dinner here with friends to celebrate my 40th and we loved everything about it. Highly recommend for a pre-show dinner, they got us out in about 1.5 hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionGoodfrenchDined on 7/25/2014Brought our granddaughter to NY for 16th birthday. Had dinner at Le Ravage before broadway show. The staff made her feel extra special with birthday dessert and singing. Quaint French restaurant, romantic,excellent food and very attentive staff. We will go back every time we have the opportunity to visit NY. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre Theator DinerSteveDined on 7/25/2014Great pre Theator Diner. Meal was terrific, everyone agreed. Will definitely stop there again for a pre show meal. The fixed menu was outstanding well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritediningDined on 7/24/2014Our meal at La Rivage was outstanding. It is one of my favorite places to dine. I have been there many times and will return many timesI am sure.Special Features:
- Planning to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I searched the Zagat guide for hours to find a good restaurant with a varied menu and reasonable prices. I found it. I went here with a group of 4 and we loved everything we had. Delicious food, nice surroundings, good service. I work in the area, and I am planning to go back for many visits for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed lunch there with three friends. I had been there before but none of the others had been. Always afraid to recommend a restaurant but Le Rivage was wonderful. Loved the choices on the pre fixed lunch menu, so many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoritejennyfromtheblockDined on 7/21/2014Le Rivage is always a favorite when family comes to visit. Great food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014A Florida friend had raved about Le Rivage so many times, that I had to make a reservation there. I made the reservation on a Monday the 21st of July, my husband's 77th birthday. The atmosphere was lovely and the wait staff excellent. $39 price for a prix fixed meal was reasonable. The only fault I had, was that the food was just "OK", especially my husband's fish. My steak and spinach was spot on. Maybe my review is a little harsh, because I'm a really good chef that uses a lot of spices. So, for the price, the food was a good deal. I would have rather spent more money, which we are used to and have a meal that was of higher quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Rivagejlf1974Dined on 7/20/2014This was our third visit to Le Rivage. The food and service have always been exceptionally good. The prix fixe lunch option is very reasonable and the food selection options are numerous and well presented. Tables are a bit close together so conversations of other diners are often audible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningKMS1Dined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful night at Le Rivage. The food was delicious and the restaurant was charming. We would highly recommend having a quiet dinner there.Special Features:
- viva la frenchfaverlin7Dined on 7/19/2014our favorite restaurant for pre theatre. Our train was late and they kept the table one hour. Delicious trout, delicious peach Melba.Special Features:
- Revisitedbbh1Dined on 7/19/2014This has been my restaurant of choice for lunch when seeing a show. Have eaten here many times. Something changed and the entree was not the same. Asked waitress if a new chef, she said no. My favorite is the trout. The difference was presentation. Instead of a whole trout baked to perfection in a casserole it was presented in three pieces(making me think it was not fresh but frozen). Still tasty but a bit disappointing. Appetizer, the Frise salad and dessert were excellent. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY nice restaurantfoodieforlifeDined on 7/17/2014beautiful little hole in the wall restaurant just a couple blocks from Times Square. We went here right after a show. It was quiet, lovely ambience and great service. If your looking for authentic French cuisine then you found the right place! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.Special Features:
- A pleasant find in theater districtWaylandguyVIPDined on 7/17/2014We were promptly seated at a table meeting request that it be a quieter romantic table. Service was very prompt and the food was delicious. Would definitely go back and/or recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentNJHungryDined on 7/16/2014I really love this restaurant. The food is always great and the service is always attentive. The only negative, which is not always a negative, is that they bring the food fairly quickly. When you want to just hang out and let dinner take a while, you seem to be done faster than perhaps what you would like. They do not rush you once you have finished dining. They have a great prix fix menu. I would still choose this restaurant every time I go to the theater. And it is priced right.Special Features:
- A charming hideaway.BillDined on 7/13/2014Le Rivage continues to be our favorite romantic getaway in NYC. It is restful, the service is excellent, the food is superb. We shall continue to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food was horrible! Such a shame because it was my favorite place. My duck must have been reheated several times
- sueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had an excellent meal, and a fun time with our out of state guests. They particularly enjoyed the trout and the soft shelled crabs.Special Features:
- A nice surprisebklynbubbaDined on 7/11/2014We made a reservation for a Friday evening and when we arrived the place was not so crowded. The restaurant is warm and cozy. If your desire is for traditional French food then this is your place. Nothing pretentious, but good food and plenty of it. We both had the duck which was outstanding. Service was friendly and efficient. There was always plenty of bread and our water glasses were never empty. Instead of running over to refill our wine glasses constantly our server told us that if we did not mind she would leave that to us and we were fine with that. She did come by to check on us every now and then, courteous but not intrusive. Their menu is extensive and they have pre fixe options. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Birthday Dinner40thDined on 7/11/2014The occasion was my son's 40th birthday. The restaurant was on his list of restaurants that he would like to try. This is why I chose Le Rivage. Our meal was wonderful, and the service impeccable. We chose the prix fix menu as we were going to play afterwards. All in all, a wonderful evening. The waitress wa even kind enough to take our picture.Special Features:
- Consistently good!StanDined on 7/6/2014We have eaten here for lunch or dinner, before or after theater for many years and the experience has always been enjoyable.Special Features:
- TheatreMOMADined on 7/5/2014This is a great restaurant for before or after a broadway play. It is right in the middle of everything and I have never been disappointed with the food. It is a great value.Special Features:
- Le Rivage - Great Pre-TheaterLibraryladyDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant was recommended as a great place for lunch before the theater. Their prix fixe was amazing - $25 - especially for New York City. Appetizer, Entree and Dessert. The choices for each course were numerous and outstanding. Enough variety to satisfy any special diets. Wait staff and management were gracious and the service was outstanding. I would return the next time we need a great restaurant in the theater district.Special Features:
- 10 year restaurant favorite...Zealrenoir557Dined on 7/3/2014I've been eating at this restaurant for 10 years. The service and food are impeccable. The owners have a very high standard. There are excellent price fix menus and wine selections. I always go here on special occasions. It has never let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Quiet Spot in Big CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Le Rivage was a perfect place for date night with my girlfriend! It is just two blocks away from Time Square and right around the corner from countless broadway shows. Yet, it is on a quiet street that seems like it's out of a book. The service was excellent and the food came out very quickly. The staff is clearly French and will give you that "French Vibe" you're probably looking for. I got the tilapia and my girlfriend got the veal. Their price fix menu made getting authentic French food worthwhile. It won't be the last time I eat at Le RivageSpecial Features:
- Great FindNepadinersDined on 7/1/2014We were in NY for a show at birdland and we were looking for something a little different. We are very happy we found Le Rivage. The French Onion soup was wonderful followed by the best Calfs Liver I have ever ate topped off with an amazing bread pudding all for $39. My son who is a picky eater loved the Lobster bisque and the Beef Bourgeois followed by the Creme Brulee. if you are looking for a great homestyle French meal at a resonable price Le Rivage is the place.Special Features:
- Excellent pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014The pre-theater dinner for $39 is outstanding. A substantial number of choices for appetizer, entree and dessert, with a few items carrying a surcharge. Food is excellent and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Diners with theatre tickets will find reasonably priced, great food, served by a talented and charming staff in a superb location to the theatre district. Always buzzing during dinner, by 7:30 the activity level will have dropped to almost nothing. Short, simple menu that includes a country pate that is tough to beat! Arrive by 6:00 to enjoy a relaxed pace for your meal and still make an 8:00 PM curtain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Good choice for dinner with prompt attention to service, reasonable prices and varied menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroLOUYDined on 6/28/2014Authentic French cuisine; located on restaurant Row; Friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good!carmarDined on 6/26/2014We had a lovely prix-fix dinner before a show. Service was attentive and friendly. For a prix-fix meal, the food was surprisingly good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- par excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2014This was our first time here, and it won't be our last. The prix fixe menu is excellent and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichiefromParkchesterDined on 6/25/2014The food was very good. My complaint about French restaurants is that the portions are too small. But Rivage has large portions, similar to other restaurants; as usual we had to take food home. The service was good, nothing about it was outstanding. Like all the restaurants on Restaurant Row, the room is small and they pack as many tables into it as they can, making it crowded and hard to get around without squeezing past chairs. Overall, a three star experience compared to other restaurants in Manhattan.