340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (119)romantic (83)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (63)good for groups (42)notable wine list (19)late-night find (19)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Probably will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Food was very disappointing. Both French onion and lobster bisque soups were not good. Our entrees of liver and onions and monk fish were ok. Dessert of poached pear was not the best that I ever had. Pear was hard and overall tasteless. Sorbet was frozen solid. Service was great.
- Great French in theater district.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014My husband and I can't find a reason to go elsewhere when we go to the theater. The food, service and location can't be beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 9/23/2014good!enjoyablr,nice people,,fine food, lots of hoice!Special Features:
- A Theater GemBruceRDined on 9/21/2014We had a great meal after seeing a play. The price was right and the food was even better. Their prix-fixe meal has selections for everyone. I enjoyed my duck and my wife's salmon was outstanding. The meal was topped off by a pair of first class desserts. We will be back the next time we are in New York and the restaurant's location works for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theaterunknowndinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Place to go for quick pre-theater meal. Not a place for leisurely, relaxed fine dining. Staff disorganized, but attentive.
- Excellent French CuisineBabsVIPDined on 9/21/2014If you like fine dining and excellent food, Le Rivage will not be a disappointment. This restaurant is on 'Restaurant Row' on W. 46th Street so it is convenient to all shows. Whether you go for lunch or dinner you will always return.Special Features:
- Never disappointsPeachyDined on 9/21/2014we often go to LeRivage for lunch when we see a Broadway show. Good food, great service, prix fixe has lots to choose from, an exceptional value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!FitzVIPDined on 9/20/2014Le Rivage is the perfect little neighborhood hideaway. Real coty find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening outNYFoodieDined on 9/20/2014This is a special find in the theater district. Whenever we have dinner here our expectations are always met. The food is excellent, the prix fixe dinner is a deal, and the ambiance is delightful. A good choice for a special event or a drop in for a late night meal. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingKaterachelDined on 9/20/2014We ordered lobster bisque and a salad. So glad we ordered the salad because the lobster bisque was unlike anything we have ever eaten. Fishy and unrecognizable. The mains were sole meunière and shrimp maison. Both had the same awful sauce. Would not recommend.
- Best Duck in years!LovelyVIPDined on 9/19/2014It's quite reasonably priced because the menu is pre fixe a $39 for appetizer, entree & dessert. Escargot were ok, not piping hot, the duck was fabulous...crispy with a very flavorful sauce, desserts were ok to poor. I would definitely go back for the duck!Special Features:
- very nice foodeddieDined on 9/17/2014very nice food in a very nice restaurant. we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Biggest Bang For The Buckredrose5200VIPDined on 9/17/2014I've eaten here at least a dozen times and I'm never disappointed. Food is always tasty and comes out piping hot, which is always a plus for me. Their $25 Pre-Fixe menu has so many choices for Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts, you can't go wrong. Place is always jammed prior to a Broadway show but the service is always outstanding. Give it a try, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLoveNYCDined on 9/16/2014Lovely restaurant,good food ,attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodChrisLDined on 9/16/2014First time at Le Rivage. My wife and I both enjoyed our meal. Our server was very attentive. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the samerockyDined on 9/15/2014When we are in New York we always manage to get at least one meal here. Since we don't live anywhere close, our visits are infrequent. We are always pleased to find that nothing has changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redsDined on 9/13/2014I've been here twice since I learned of the restaurant and enjoyed both occasions. The food was excellent, nice size portions, and well worth the price. The first time was for dinner prix fixe and went back last Saturday for the prix fixe after 7:30. I will be back again.Special Features:
- Pre-fixe DinnerSheil31VIPDined on 9/12/2014The pre-fixe lunch and dinner menus are a bargain. Good for dining before or after the theater.Special Features:
- SovietJimMVIPDined on 9/11/2014Despite all the good reviews, I was unimpressed and disappointed. They accept late reservations, yet the waitress wanted to take our orders before we'd even settled at the table, looked at our menus, or ordered wine. Once we got over those bumps, things were slapped down and yanked away with little regard for us. We were seated, for some reason, right next to the only other table in the restaurant that was still occupied. The highlight was the price: the entire menu is prix fixe at $25, so I guess we got what we paid for. The food was OK, the wine was fine.
- Excellent in every WayQuicksandDined on 9/11/2014Ambience , service & food was excellent. Great menu with prefix dinner before theater. I highly recommend this Resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Prix-Fixe for Theater GoersSusanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The beauty of this restaurant is the fixed price menu for theater goers. Appetizer,main meal, dessert and coffee all for $39. The selection is extensive and daily specials are included as well. The night we dined, coq au vin was one of the daily specials and it was delicious. Dessert included such choices as creme brulee and creme caramel. Well organized hostess and excellent quick service to accommodate various theater goers. Very comfortable seating in a relaxed setting. An additional bonus was a glass of house merlot that was in a super large glass and made my evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good pre theater optionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had the pre fixe lunch for $25 which included appetizer, entree, desert and coffee. A great deal. The menu options are extensive. The place was packed with customers. We had the artichoke salad, beef bourguignon and chocolate mousse. All were delicious. Service was great. This quality of the food is very good here and I am a regular customerSpecial Features:
- pre theater meal pre fixpennyDined on 9/8/2014The steak was first class the best I have ever had and the salmon was divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Rivage ReviewMamaBevDined on 9/7/2014Le Rivage on West 46th Street is a great pre-show restaurant in the Theater District. Service and food are reliably good. The French onion soup met expectations. The prix fixe menu offers nice selections at a reasonable price for a good meal in New York City. The restaurant is clean and owners have put effort into the décor. A pleasant experience can be expected when one dines at Le Rivage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageJoeDineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Nice ambience, but the food is just average. You get lots of food, but it is just average especially for the price.
- Pre-theater dinnerGlenCoveDined on 9/4/2014Restaurant Row, West 46 St, has many places to choose for dinner. We tried this place for the 1st time and was very pleased with the food, service and decor. We ate from the pre-theater price fixed menu which offered many choices. My wife ate fish (sole) and I had the pork chop. Both were very good. Dessert and coffee were included.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Attentive professional service, good good, comfortable coziness, and easy conversation! All you really need for an excellent theater dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JGC1VIPDined on 9/3/2014Always dependable food and quick pleasant service in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Service was pleasant & friendly.Andrewsgirl123Dined on 9/3/2014I arrived at the restaurant early, quite a bit before my friend. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and I did not feel pressured while waiting for her to arrive. Although there was only a prix fixe menu, the selection was very wide and interesting. I enjoyed my visit, and I will certainly recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaySteveVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had the prefix pre-theatre lunch. The service was excellent however the food was just okay. The couple we had lunch with dined there several times in the past. I found the chicken dish I had to be lacking in flavor and my wife's veal was severely overcooked. Although the price was excellent ($25 for 3 courses) and the menu selection large, I would not return.
- hungryDined on 8/31/2014I took my grandaughter for lunch at LeRivage pre theatre and we enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious. I had herring appetizer and it was best I ever had. She enjoyed the soup. We both ordered chicken cordonblue and it was spectacular. Dessert was also good. The service was attentive and professional. There were live roses at every table.The music was subdued. It was a price fixe menu and very reasonable for the meal we had. I will return and recommend this restaurant to my friends. We had reservations and were seated immediately.Special Features:
- Great for before Broadway showdogownerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to Le Rivage and we were very happy with it. They have a prix fixe dinner which is reasonably priced (even less expensive if you're not going right before an evening show). We would definitely return when we see another Broadway show in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinnerGaryGDined on 8/30/2014Le Rivage is a good choice for pre theater dining. Close to the theaters, fast and efficient service, food was very good. The restaurant hasn't been updated in a long time but it is clean, and well managed. The owners are warm and accommodating. The service was efficient and professional.The pre theater menu was very good and very reasonable.
- Wonderful dinner at Le RivageDeborahVIPDined on 8/30/2014We just enjoyed a great dinner at Le Rivage, before seeing a show. There were many excellent choices on the fixed price menu and both of us enjoyed all three courses. The service is perfect and we enjoyed the intimacy of the dining room. We have dined here before and plan to return again, really recommend it very highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A one time RestaurantBettyDined on 8/30/2014The Prix Fixe Menu is extensive with a lot of variety. I ordered the Lobster Bisque I would skip this it was watery and very salty. As my main course I ordered the Beef Stew it was tasty but a very small sampling only three pieces of beef and a lot of gravy. The friends I was with ordered the Salmon and it was a large portion and they said it was moist and flavorful another friend ordered the half chicken with tomatoes and onions she enjoyed that. All my friends were not impressed with their appetizer choices. We all had desserts and they were all very good. I am happy I tried this restaurant but would not go for a second time.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent portions, delicious food, great prices and service!Special Features:
- Bon Appetite!HappyCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Like French Onion Soup? You'll love it here! The main dishes were served hot and fresh. The service was excellent and the owner stopped by to see how we liked the experience. Our eclair was filled with chocolate cream, and it was delicious. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood CharmEDMLDined on 8/23/2014Charming and romantic setting. Service was great, food was great: Escargot, duck and apple crepe for deserts - the best. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Pre-Theaterfan2013Dined on 8/23/2014Have always enjoyed dining here when in New York to attend the theater. Their location is very convenient and their Prix Fixe menu provides many choices. You feel welcome and the staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and cozy, food - a plusNinaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a pretheatre dinner. Food was good and service was attentive. I just wish there were no two kinds of pris fixe - one before 7.30 and another for 7.30. But, it was a good experience and a good start for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.