Saltus River Grill
802 Bay Street, Suite C
Beaufort, SC 29902Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Saltus River Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saltusrivergrill.com/
- Phone: 8433793474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pmReservations are for the dining room only. Reservations are not taken for our Patio, first-come basis due to availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Spratling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant can be closed for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Otero 8433793474
A word from Saltus River Grill
Saltus River Grill is a unique, and exciting restaurant in historic downtown Beaufort, South Carolina. With a grand view of the Intracoastal Waterway from its Sonoma-style patio or from the expansive full-service bar and dining room, this sizzling contemporary seafood grill combines the atmosphere of a chic Manhattan eatery with the historic charm found only in the South Carolina Lowcountry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Saltus River Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaufort ›
Saltus River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (108)great for outdoor dining (89)special occasion (84)fit for foodies (70)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (29)hot spot (23)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Delicious Food, Great ServiceHapjamlawDined on 7/16/2014Located on the waterfront in historic downtown Beaufort. The food was delicious and the service was just great. Made for a lovely, relaxing evening.Special Features:
- local returninglocalfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Arthur is the best wait staff. Have had him several times and he is simply great. Was there for a b-day celebration with a friend from out of town. Did not disappoint. Specials were amazing. Only drawback was a very large (12) group who were celebrating too and had obviously been for some time. We asked to move and were quickly accommodated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014I'M ALWAYS HAPPY WHEN I CAN ACKNOWLEDGE A JOB WELL DONE. SALTUS'S FOOD IS ALMOST ALWAYS EXCELLENT IN BOTH PREPARATION AND DISPLAY.NICK AND OUR WAITRESS WENT OUT OF THEIR WAYS TO BE PRESENT AND HELPFUL. ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED NICK REMEMBERD OUT LAST 2 VISITS[VALENTINES' DAY AND ANNIVERSARY] SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. I'M NOT EASILY IMPRESSED , NOR WRITE MANY ACCOLADES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great After all these YearsannieVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a lovely meal.! I don't remember it being as expensive though. I think it should be between 2 and 3 $$$-$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cappyladyDined on 7/5/2014Lovely special dinner for our family. the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- A Best of the BestFrippfoodieDined on 7/3/2014We've been to Saltus many times, and it is always outstanding--one of Beaufort's best of the best. It never disappoints. The food is fabulous and the menu has a nice variety. The grilled steaks and seafood are outstanding, and the produces is local and in season. This time, the chef offered an appetizer soup--red curry with a ceviche garnish that was exquisite--just the right amount of tanginess from the ceviche to complement the spiciness of the curry. We've also had the sushi and it is made right there and very fresh. The concrete bar, dark wood and high ceilings create a sophisticated, inviting atmosphere. We love to sit in a bar booth--great ambiance. The staff had our reservation when we got there--and our request for a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner (Again)ChapelHillFoodieDined on 7/3/2014Last year, we discovered Saltus while on a two-night stay in Beaufort. When we planned another overnight stay in Beaufort, this was our immediate choice. We had the special (black grouper over pasta). It was outstanding. We topped it off with the blueberry cheese cake. Although the weather was a little iffy, we sat outside. We finished just before sunset and had a very interesting sunset to observe from river's edge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014Saltus is the perfect restaurant to enjoy a lovely evening on the Beaufort Waterfront eating delicious local seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKRobbieDined on 7/2/2014Nice looking restaurant, but the food and service did not meet the expectations of the prices; perhaps a case of this restaurant being located in a tourist town. Their dishes could do much better with the loads of fresh local summer ingredients available to the Beaufort area.Special Features:
- arnieDined on 6/29/2014Nice comfortable place but gets very noisy when full.food good but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodIzzyDined on 6/28/2014We ate food from the barbecue menu and it looked and tasted like it had been made earlier in the day or even week. Most of it was cold and un- appetizing.Special Features:
- best in beaufortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014i would highly recommend Saltus River Grill; impressive sushi selection; also great for vegetarians; our waitress was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceGrandoggerDined on 6/27/2014Took a group of five, including two twenty year old boys, to dinner and we all left very satisfied. The great variety allowed sushi appetizers to filet dinners, as well as nice fish options. A great upscale place to go without feeling like you should have worn a suit. Good drink and food options.Special Features:
- Beautiful view & outdoor area!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/26/2014Try the shrimp and grits - they are worth the guilt! My friends really enjoyed their martinis, too! It was late when we arrived, and we were warmly greeted by the staff! It's super and yummy!Special Features:
- caseybDined on 6/26/2014Overall very nice dining experience . Very good food and very friendly service . The only issue I would have is the dining chairs were old , somewhat wobbly from people trying to slide the chairs on the carpeted floor. Also the chairs were stained and the large overhead mirrors on the wall had not been cleaned for some time .Special Features:
- Great Dining in Beaufortrbaker71VIPDined on 6/22/2014Excellent Food and service. The Heirloom Tomato Salad was outstanding. Nice atmosphere and dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We try to eat here once a month. Always...always ask to eat later...no 7 no 730... we ate at 830.ime before 8pm...No problem but what site does one go to eat say 730??? Food keeps us coming back....service this time slow.Special Features:
- Sue GSujiDined on 6/20/2014My family had a deliciously fun evening. Our meals was absolutely amazing. The wine list was extensive. Our server was extremely knowledgable and made helpful suggestions which definitely enhanced our dining experience. We look forward to another wonderful evening at Saltus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningFinedinersDined on 6/20/2014We four of us absolutely loved each dishes we tried. The steak was very good, the duck excellent, and the fish was beyond wonderful. We plan to go back next visit to Beaufort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively spotDPurdyDined on 6/14/2014This "in town" spot is one of our favorites. Great menu, nice presentation and flavors were what we like.Special Features:
- cwk2Dined on 6/10/2014Great food, always loud, service average. One of the best of few upscale restaurants in townSpecial Features:
- Pleasant Experience!MannyDined on 6/9/2014We had a great dining experience at Saltus. The meal was delicious and our server Megan was attentive and very good. We will return the next time we are in Beaufort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidsonNCDined on 6/7/2014We were so pleasantly surprised in every way. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ServicegtreviewDined on 6/6/2014Our food was terrific...came out hot and cooked perfect...our waiter Scott is the best in Beaufort and one of the best I have ever had anywhere...Special Features:
- Great restaurantcalkeithDined on 6/6/2014Dinner for an out of town girl friend and she was delighted with the food and service. Good for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationBrownsIslandcoupleDined on 6/6/2014Excellent, as always. Very attentive staff without being annoying. Great place to take friends for any special occasion. We have even eaten there early as we headed home from a busy day in town. The chef greeted us that time. Such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodieDined on 6/5/2014We took friends who are new to town. Big hit. We all loved it.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOspreyLandersDined on 6/2/2014The food is always terrific. I had the blackened dorado and substituted the creamy grits with stewed tomatoes for the potato side dish. The grits are to die for---they add a bit of mascarpone to make them creamy, then top it with stewed tomatoes. We ate on the gorgeous riverfront porch and were moved with no fuss when an inconsiderate diner at the next table lit up a cigarette....they comped our dessert to apologize for the inconvenience. My favorite restaurant in Beaufort, and as good as many in Charleston.Special Features:
- A southern must!BobFDined on 6/2/2014Impeccable service, outstanding menue. Reservations are advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsFrequentOpenTableUserVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent atmosphere, on the river, reasonably priced drinks and nice wine list. Blackened Dorado was outstanding as were other entrees. Only thing not excellent was the Caesar salad which was lacking something, but this should not hold you back. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Georgiaboy98Dined on 5/31/2014The food was simply amazing very fresh and artful. I highly recommend the carmelized sea scallops! The view was beautiful, we would have dined outdoor but it was rainy.Special Features:
- JaneVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent all around. Great specials Chef. We were a table of six and all enjoyed their meals. Good varity for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogersDonadWareDined on 5/30/2014One of the best meals we have had in a long time! Highly recommend to anybody that gets a chance to go.Special Features:
- Shrimp and GritsAnonymous666Dined on 5/26/2014This was a great dining experience. We all enjoyed our meals and I really enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits. The welcome was friendly and service was impeccable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time, just as goodcatsandrosesDined on 5/26/2014We were fortunate to be able to snag the last outside table.. it was cool outside but freezing inside with the a/c.. the service was every bit as good as the food.. This is just a wonderful spot to enjoy a lovely evening with a spectacular view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but noisyHarrietDined on 5/25/2014The food was quite good, although two main courses arrived cold. The noise level made it difficult to talk. It appears there was no attempt in the architecture/engineering design to muffle sound.
- Great food, fun atmosphereRileyDined on 5/25/2014Met for dinner with another couple, also from out of town. Shrimp and grits were excellent, ahi tuna splendid and salads surprisingly good. Special soft shell crab was not up to par, but it is a little late for them. Atmosphere was nearly perfect, except a little noisy for two couples trying to catch up on old times. Quartet played softly, but sound carried throughout dining room. Rain drove everyone in, or we would have eaten outside, also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014food service was slow on this visit, long delay from order to service. When food came out it was not hot. Did not mind the extended wait because we were with friends and enjoying a drink. Was disapointed when food came out less than warm which made me think it had been ready for sometime and just not brought to table by waitress. My wifes and sons steaks were both not cooked to order, one over rare the other over cooked. Have dined here many times and usually a very good experience for the price. Not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Love this PlaceMightyMouse637Dined on 5/24/2014I make sure I come here each time I visit Beaufort. It is a dynamic and excellent place!Special Features:
- This was a great dinnerTomqDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice place on the water. The weather was perfect and the food and wine at Saltus was great. I had blackened Dorado with the crab bisque. The preparation was the best. This was a great dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant and setting for any type of occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Saltus River Grill reviews archive.