113 S. Main Street
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.modisbreck.com/
- Phone: 9704534330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 2 daily Happy Hours 3-6 p.m. and 9-11 p.m (first come first serve). and Dinner Service starts at 5:00 p.m. and goes to around 9:30 p.m. **Please note that we do not accept happy hour reservations, all reservations made are for dinner service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Gilna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Modis
Colorado contemporary cuisine with an urban feel in a vibrant eclectic atmosphere. At Modis we focus on the art of food, drink, and life. Over 40 wines by the glass plus a full bar featuring a wide variety of craft and pre-prohibition style cocktails. Come in and check out our seasonally changing menus, art, and music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Modis reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (18)hot spot (18)notable wine list (16)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Stylish. Good Experience.CentralDenverResidentDined on 2/12/2014Presentation is nouvelle cuisine: Pleasant visuals, small portions, on oversize plates. LoL. This is not the place to gorge after a massive day on the slopes. The taste and presentation are very nice. Bring your sweetheart here for the atmosphere and experience. Seating upstairs has the best interior view. Large groups will be stuffed into small tables. Definitely a good place for couples.Special Features:
- Good crowdRichDined on 2/10/2014This seems to be the "in" place for all ages. It was busy but we had made a reservation. They were nice to seat us early. Food was great with a wide variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Best cockail drink list!!foodiemeVIPDined on 2/8/2014The drinks are creative and well priced. Go for the drinks, truffle fries, and the meat/cheese butcher block and you be happy and satisfied. Hostess was very nice - I asked for our table to be reseated due to annoying loud woman and her toxic laugh nearby, and the hostess very nicely found a new table for us. Note to the waitstaff - you're almost there. Please, tuck in your shirts so you don't look like bums and please, please, don't read me all of your specials as soon as I've just sat down and am reading the drink list. I want to choose a drink first...I am not ready to hear about the dinner specials! Wait until we start looking at the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food with creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Excellent food with creative preparation. The hostess was very accommodating of my request for a quiet table. I appreciate that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. DrinkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Food was excellent. Drink list was unique and interesting, and featured some local products. Order a "smoked" Old Fashioned. A top pick in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little to fast forChrisDined on 2/7/2014Service a little to fast for us, had a cocktail and did not get time to relax with it before our appetizers were being served. We had an 8pm reservation and by 8;40 were done with dinner, we slowed them down by finishing our wine befor ordering dessert and coffee, but if we had kept up with them would have been in and out in an hour. Not what we are looking for in a good restaurant with great food.Special Features:
- Lamb chops great service weakBeckymVIPDined on 2/5/2014My husband ordered the lamb chops, a regular item we get when dining out. His were so delicious that I wished I had ordered it instead. I had the short rib and Sobi noodle dish. It was very good but nothing exceptional. Our waiter forgot to bring our salad. He seemed to be in another world. I would definitely go again for those lamb chops and hope to get another waiter.Special Features:
- Our reservation was awaitingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2014Our reservation was awaiting us on a busy Friday night, our server was outstanding, the cocktail list was very intriguing with some unique options, and the food was excellent- big city quality in a small ski town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of This WorldJasonDined on 1/30/2014Wow! This place is amazing. Probably best meal my wife and I have had - ever. We are from Chicago, so the bar is set pretty high. The service was great. The food even better. Booking through open table was easy. We will definitely be coming back every time we visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, food is good,PeteVIPDined on 1/30/2014First time here, food is good, service good, if asked, take the upstairs table, less bar noiseSpecial Features:
- Highly recommend Modis!kupb952Dined on 1/25/2014Modis was recommended to me by a global traveler with a particular palate. So glad we made reservations because we LOVED our dinner here! The atmosphere was great and their cocktails were delicious - I loved the Breck Bourbon Smash. We started with the butcher block and the soup of the day (potato coconut curry - amazing!). The fresh sourdough bread was served, at the perfect temperature and consistency, with a side plate of a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Entree orders included the pork chop, lamb chops, ravioli, and fish of the day (miso ginger tiger shrimp) that everyone raved about. Service was excellent too. This was one of the best meals out I have had in a while. I highly recommend Modis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slippingWondererVIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been to Modis many times and always enjoyed it. Food was still good. Especially the PBJ Foie Gras. However, the service was much worse than usual. We felt rushed after only about 90 min and our wait staff even fussed about another table that was staying too long.
- Amazing dinner, fun cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014Amazing dinner, fun cocktail menu. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BreckenridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/18/2014We started with the Mussels, which were fantastic! I got the Ramen. In my opinion it was more like PHO. The dish was under seasoned. My friend got the stuffed chick breast. It was good, but a little to salty. Overall Modis has decent food. I probably would not eat here again.
- Good but OverpricedGormay13VIPDined on 1/18/2014I guess when something is good in the mountains you have to pay for it, but $34 for 3 lamb chops - ouch - they were yummy though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for TwoNstzyadocVIPDined on 1/18/2014We ate here two years ago and were left with a great first impression, so we came back. Modis did not disappoint! The pork chop was outstanding as was the stuffed chicken breast. To start we had he quinoa "maki" rolls which were interesting and tasty. Dessert was to die for: PB & Frangelico cake. Yummy!! This is one of Breck's best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking Forward To Next TimeZbuzzVIPDined on 1/17/2014Four of dined at Modis. Each tried different things. All very good, no regrets. Service was very good. Reasonable wines. Had a great evening and will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good I wrote this reviewCarsonDined on 1/9/2014I was in Breckenridge for a short snowboard vacation. This has been my favorite place to eat so far in Breck. I can honestly say they served me the best pork chop I've had in my life! Just order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousStuccyDined on 1/5/2014It was our first time dining and we were given the recommendation from my boss actually. He said you are the best restaurant in Breck and we certainly agree! The service was outstanding! Thank you from a couple that needed a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableWayneDined on 1/3/2014Food was sort of a fusion style. I'd say mostly American/Thai...but they also a Had a nontraditional Italian dish. I made last m ::) nute Friday night reservation for 2 and snuck in a 3rd. If you have a party bigger than 5 make reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative food & drinksVeggieloverDined on 1/2/2014Modis had really interesting selections on the menu, I could tell they put lots of thought into creating unique flavor combinations and dishes. Some of these experiments were better than others, though. The quinoa veggie rolls were a little bland and starchy, and the black bean falafel was somewhat dry. On the other hand, the bourbon braised brussels sprouts were fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely great. Only commentNavyATCDined on 1/1/2014Absolutely great. Only comment is it would be nice if they offered a couple entrees for the teenager. Not quite kids menu or adult taste just yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013We arrived to a crowded restaurant and bar. We thought that everything would be slow but to our delight the staff and kitchen were very efficient. We were not rushed but the courses came out at a good pace. Thank you Modis for a great meal and delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!BarbPLDined on 12/29/2013Great experience as soon as you walk in. Friendly, lively and attentive. Service was great. Food is delish. Fish special was great. Lamb dish outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, eclectic foodNancDined on 12/29/2013Menu was eclectic and fun. The ramen and chicken were absolutely delicious. They had a great kids menu so the adults were able to enjoy a great dinner and kids were happy, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and awesome bar menuShawnVIPDined on 12/28/2013Modis is excellent place to kick back after a day of skiiing/boarding. The drink menu is superb and our server took his time in explaining which drinks would suit our palette. Food and presentation was very good as well (had the pork with brussel sprouts, wife had catch of the day)Special Features:
- Dinner with FamilyPoBoyDined on 12/28/2013We called to tell them we were arriving late (buses running late) and they held our table for 5 which was in a premiere location. There was something for everyone on the menu including the kids and a vegetarian. The lamb was outstanding. Both kids had the buffalo lasagna and their plates were clean by meal's end (a rare event).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant In BreckJessNYCVIPDined on 12/27/2013Was in Breck for a week of skiing and we ate at every "nice" restaurant but on night 4 we are at Modis and we decided to eat there every night of the remainder of the trip. Food was fantastic, the venue itself wasn't well decorated or fancy but the food certainly made up for that. I can honestly say I would recommend the restaurant to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative FoodWilsonDined on 12/24/2013Most of our party enjoyed dinner at Modis. If you like creative entrees and salads, you will be very pleased. If you just want a simple entree such as grilled fish or steak with a basic salad, I would not recommend Modis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a second visitCWandMrsCWVIPDined on 12/18/2013Service was friendly and informative, matched by a good Cabernet recommendation. My wife had the mussel starter and I had the deconstructed bison lasagna, both were very good. We would be tempted to re-visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic food with a twistNDinerDined on 12/15/2013We enjoyed the steak and lamb dishes accompanied by fresh vegetables well prepared. Extensive drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!TPuckensVIPDined on 12/14/2013I've been to Modis many times and it never disappoints. The food and drinks are simply amazing. The Ramen entree was fabulous but needed more noodles. The chicken entree was perfect. The drink menu is fabulous. The dessert truffles were incredible. Also a shout out to the bartenders. We stopped into the bar for happy hour and all of them were friendly and willing to explain the extensive drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality food in BreckenridgeThechefhowardVIPDined on 12/11/2013After being seated by an unaccomodating hostess, who had no desire to give us a good table even though there were many available tables, we were then treated to a great experience by our friendly waitress. We started with unique cocktails. They have a great wine list at reasonable prices. It was difficult to decide on what entree to select. Our friends had the steak. I had the stuffed chicken breast and my wife had the noodle bowl. It may sound boring but the preparation, the sides and the flavors were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodScottVIPDined on 11/29/2013We have been to Modis several times over the years. The location and ambience are great. The food was very unique this time, as always, but lacked some of the amazing flavors of the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JeffVIPDined on 11/29/2013Historic building and food you wouldn't expect in a mountain town.Special Features:
- Après ski dinnerSusanDined on 11/28/2013Interesting menu- not necessarily for kids. Love that each dish came with sides that complemented the main. Ahi tuna with risotto cake and shredded spicy cabbage was delicious as was my hisband's Thanksgiving dinner.Special Features:
- modisrebeccaVIPDined on 11/22/2013This is a fun and overall strong dining experience. Not at all like other poor quality tourist traps in Breck. Great specials and great bartenders. Appetizers are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar with some tables.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2013Food and service were good. A bit pricey for the experience.
- Breckenridge dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2013We were seated immediately upstairs which I thought would be a quieter location than downstairs were the bar was located. Our reservation was 6pm and by 7:00 the upstairs was fairly busy. The "noise" was actually the music being played. You could barely have a conversation it was so loud. I did ask if they could turn it down, but if they did, it wasn't noticeable. The cauliflower popcorn was yummy! We had the vegetable curry with chicken added - different, but good. My friend had the ramen soup which she enjoyed but it contained too many jalapeño peppers. Service was great. Our waiter checked on us several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Nice setting, if you prefer quiet, I would recommend sitting upstairs as you have more bar noise on the lower level. Dinner choices were limited as there only about five entrees (+ the special) to choose from, but everything we ordered was delicious. Our service wasn’t bad but could have been better, we were wondering where our waiter was several times, but noticed the neighboring tables were well attended so I think it was just our waiter. Over all a nice dining experience and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.