Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
MGM Grand Hotel
3799 Las Vegas Blvd, South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans-fish-house
- Phone: 7028917374x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: Heath Cicerelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's New Orleans Fish House courtyard seats 35-50 guests & offers a six course Chef's tasting menu specially tailored to your guests tastes. Beverages are additional. Wine pairing package are available with your tasting. Emeril's chefs will create a menu for your guests using the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Conn 7027340025x14
A word from Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
Chef Emeril Lagasse gives this New Orleans seafood house his signature 'Bam!' with a menu of market fresh fish, shellfish, steaks and his "New New Orleans" twist on Louisiana's Creole cooking. Paired with a wine list that received Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence," and an imaginative sea-inspired design by New York's Rockwell Group, you'll feel closer to the ocean than the Vegas Strip.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)fit for foodies (99)romantic (76)notable wine list (72)good for groups (53)hot spot (28)great for lunch (21)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Good, not fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The notables for good food were: Ham bacon mac & cheese, double-cut pork chop, Shrimp Etouffe, Steak and Banana Cream Pie. My hubby loved his pork chop, saying it was the best he ever had. The etouffe and steak were part a Prix Fixe dinner. The steak had a terrific flavor and was tender and juicy. Banana cream pie is big enough for two (or three) and is marvelous. The scene stealer and star of the show was the mac & cheese. It is to die for. My favorite cocktail was the Spiced Pina Sour. Service was good, very attentive at first but when you finish and want to leave you are left alone waiting for the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJudispaceDined on 8/1/2014It was fantastic! I can't wait to go back, the ribeye was the bestSpecial Features:
- Disappointed Classic Louisiana dishKaroDined on 8/1/2014Visiting al the way from Belgium with my husband.We received our starter quickly but we had to wait 1 hour for our main course. My dish was disappointing the crawfish was slightly undercooked and the potatoes were raw. Normally the corn and potatoes should be infused with spices and the broth of the crawfish. This dish was cooked crawfish with dry potatoes and corn,seasoned some spices on top. We explained to the waiter and he explained this dish is some weeks on the menu and this is the way it is if we like it more classic way we should go to the one of the New Orleans chains? We didn't had to pay for the dish because of our complaints but I am left with that a Classic Louisiana dish of the best chef of Louisiana WAS A BAD experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentEVFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Food, drinks, service everything was amazing!! I highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Not what you would espectDisappointedDined on 8/1/2014Based on the famous chef and high prices you might think you are making a reservation at a higher end restaurant, but you would be wrong. The food was fair, nothing different than what I can find and taste at applebees or outback for $15. The service was terrible, we were seated and then bombarded by a lady taking photos and we didn't know why. Would have been nice if she explained she was taking pictures to try and sell us later, as at the end of dinner they tried to sell us these fancy pictures with Emeril's name. The waiter showed up and asked if he could get us something, we said sure a drink menu, wine list, regular menu, anything would be nice. As no one had brought anything to us and let's just say it didn't get better from there.
- Frank FFrankFVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a group of seven for dinner. It was a horrendous experience. The service was good but the food was terrible. The shrimp creole topping tasted like a can of stewed tomatoes, the fish was fishy tasting and tasteless and the chicken was undercooked and tough. Emeril needs to pay a visit to his restaurant. If he has dined with us he would have closed the place down. What a shame!
- Elegant DiningMahoganyDined on 7/30/2014I brought my husband here to have a birthday dinner. The service was excellent. The food was tasty. I had the red fish which was excellent! Hubby had the roasted chicken, I felt it was tastt. Hubby preferred my dish over his. Anyway, it's a must to visit and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's Fish House - Las VegasCgoldbshDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding food and ambience. Service was top notch and attentive. Explanations of menu and specials given with no questions left unanswered. Took a large group there and we were seated on time, even after group size shrunk. Management didn't blink an eye and quickly set about reseating table for less. Overall, a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Mixed quality of foodCiciDined on 7/27/2014We had both some amazing food here & some mediocre food. The pretzel rolls were great as was the appetizer of asparagus & trumpet mushrooms. The sausage gumbo & the fish that were served as part of the main course were terrific as well. unfortunately, the shrimp were extremely overcook & the side of noodles had no flavor or seasoning. Service was fair. Very extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Welcoming hostess, great bartender, excellent servers. Great way to begin the meal. Tried the new kale salad-excellent!!!! Doug, our server was well timed with his responsibilities. Good meal suggestions from him as well. Comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!slynnDined on 7/26/2014Arrived at restaurant at 4:57pm for a 5:00pm reservation and we were told to wait 3 minutes simply to be seated. Waiting that 3 minutes I decided to get a drink at the bar after noticing others were having cocktails at the bar and the bartender turned and walked away from me going to the other side of the bar. After chasing him around the bar I finally got a drink. Ordered the soup which was merely broth -- so for $16 this was ridiculously priced. Ordered the same exact drink at the table I had paid for at the bar and was charged more at dinner. Again unacceptable! Ordered an appetizer I typically like to order. It was completely unrecognizable! Out of numerous dining options available to us it was clear I should have chosen the alternative
- Very Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014Loved the food here. Seafood and Cajun together is just about as good as it gets. I highly recommend the Pecan Crusted Texas Redfish. Also had the BBQ shrimp appetizer which was a highlight as well.Special Features:
- Variety of Excellent TastesCoalCarDined on 7/23/2014We skipped a convention social event to visit Emeril's and we were rewarded with great food and service. The staff was always there for us and the Cajun flavors were terrific.Special Features:
- saberDined on 7/23/2014This was my second time there. On this occasion I went with a colleague while we were at a conference in Las Vegas. He is a vegetarian,I am not. From the greeting at the entrance,the service throughout was special. We emphasize service in our profession,so recognize it when present and sincere. The meal,as one would expect at any Emeril's,was outstanding,from appetizers and drinks,through main course to desserts. The next time I am in Vegas,it will be with my wife--I know she will be in for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014A visit to Emeril's is always a treat for us. The food is always spectacular, the servers are always well-trained and seem to care whether or not the guest has a good time. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinneranniversaryhusbandDined on 7/19/2014The service was exceptional and atmosphere was just right for celebrating our 25th Anniversary. The ribeye steak was the best I have ever tasted and the portions were fair. I would come back for any occasion and recommend it to everyone just wanting a 5 star dining experience for special occasions or just to enjoy a wonderful meal with someone special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johanne50Dined on 7/19/2014The place was very nice, from the hostess to the servers to the clean up staff the service was phenomenal. The food was very good, prices were what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Emeril gem.BruceDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten at three of Emeril's restaurants in New Orleans, one in Orlando, & one in PA, We have always enjoyed our meals and this was not an exception. We both had the Baked Oysters Bienville. These are a real treat for oyster lovers My wife had the New Orleans Shrimp Creole and I had the Pecan Crusted Texas Redfish. Both were delicious and just what we were looking for. The wine list was extensive, but my initial choice was not in stock. The head waiter apologized profusely and substituted a more expensive wine. Our service staff could not have been better -- very friendly, very professional, and very effective. We have found through the years that Emeril Legasse's restaurants have always delivered a quality dining experience.!Special Features:
- Dining excellenceLuv2eatgreatfoodDined on 7/12/2014It was our first time dining at Emeril's and it was fantastic.From our hostess who showed us to our table to the wait staff, everyone was first class. We would definetly go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBrownskinbrieDined on 7/11/2014Food, staff, drinks all wonderful we will return and tell all our friends about the fish bar at MGMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014For a restaurant that specializes in seafood, I was quite unimpressed with the shrimp. They were overcooked and rubbery. I would not recommend this place for seafood. The sauce was decent, though.
- Great foodKelbobDined on 7/9/2014Great restaurant, food was excellent, service awesome. Only thing did not enjoy was the music, very loud, couldn't wait to get finished with my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the mall food courtluv2playvbDined on 7/6/2014I was very excited about trying an Emerils restaurant for the first time but seriously disappointed when we were sat and my view was the mall food court. It's located next to a McDonalds and A Nathans hot dog place. Food was pretty good, service was good, just not a wow experience for me.Special Features:
- Emeril's at the MGMnevergotkissedDined on 7/6/2014The food was ok. Service excellent. The prices could not be justified by any means. Seafood stew - a few clams, few mussels (2 dead) a couple of shrimp and a small piece of fish. $30+. I've eaten this from San Francisco to Barcelona -- your Seafood stew is not a $30 meal. $10+ for the pecan pie. It looked like something made by Sara Lee with a scoop of ice cream on it.
- deliciouslovegoodtastinfoodDined on 7/6/2014The food was very good. We got the 19 dollar lunch special so we picked gumbo; chicken po boy, and the banana pie.The ratio from the bread to the chicken was off. The chicken needed to be bigger for the bread size sandwich but the chicken was delicious and the fries could of been fresh cut personally. Gumbo was good and the pie was good too. The atmosphere for lunch was alright, a little dark in there for lunch time I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish everlilyQDined on 7/5/2014I ordered the Mediterranean Sea bass. It was perfect and the best fish I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBFoodDined on 7/4/2014Very disappointing. Service was amaturish. Lobster was overly-seasoned and dry. Trout was drowning in sause. Bill for 4 people was over $500. Emeril should be ashamed to have his name on this place.
- So Enjoyable!Out2eatagainDined on 7/4/2014Food was excellent. I had a chicken entree my first time there that was delicious. My second time I had shrimp cocktail that was also delicious. Ceasar salad without anchovies for me was so good with large cheese sticks. My husband said best clam chowder he's ever had along with crab cake appetizer. Service was good too. Definitely would recommend Emeril's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experienceHgn1korkVIPDined on 7/3/2014We arrived fairly late, so things were slowing down. The service was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the fried calamri and the pecan encrusted redfish. Also liked that the oysters on the half-shell were sold individually, as only one member of our party was interested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!vacationtimeDined on 7/3/2014Everything we had was excellent. It was a great anniversary dinner. If we had the chance to go back we would!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceTimMMDined on 7/2/2014We have dined at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House at MGM on a number of occasions. Each time we have a wonderful time and outstanding food. We always have the gumbo which is excellent and reminds us of our hometowns in Louisiana. I had the frog legs this time and they were some of the best I've ever eaten. The service was also wonderful and the staff was very attentive. Great place for dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special DinnergoodfoodDined on 7/1/2014We chose Emeril's to be our "special - all out" dinner while in Las Vegas for the Barbershop Harmony Convention. We were not disappointed. We learned the name of an absolutely delicious cheese, which we intend to follow up on and find here at home. Food, service and friendly atmosphere were tops. Only slight negative was noise - but then, that is Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in VegasfoodnutDined on 6/30/2014We dine here every time we come to Las Vegas. The food is fantastic and the staff is outstanding. Anthony and Robert really make you feel welcome and are very attentive. I wish there was an Emeril's in the Chicago area where I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingAficionadoDined on 6/27/2014I have dined at Emeril's in Orlando, South Beach, and Atlanta so I am no stranger to the product. I wanted to have a special diner with my girl, so because she is from New Orleans and she had heard good things about it herself we made reservations. We ordered from the prix fixe menu, she had the kale salad, creole shrimp, salmon with couscous, and pecan pie. I had the garden salad, clam chowder, trout with crawfish tails, and banana creme pie. I would say that everything was decent and forgetable, with the exception of the desserts. Nothing was bad, nothing was exceptional. The service was very good, the restaurant space itself was very nice. A nice evening, not disappointing but definitetly didn't have that "pop" my other visits had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were at the Fish house to celebrate our daughters 21rst birthday, Her Pork chop plate was a little dry, My Husbands Shrimp with different fish medalions was disappointing it only had one kind of fish, my crawfish tails with fish were very tiny tails and the fish was very disappointing for the money it was NOT worth it. The waitress was very kind and apologetic, tried to be very helpful, she was very nice. We could not recommend this place. we will be going to New York in late September and we were going to look for emeralds restaurant there now we will look elsewhere for fine dining.Special Features:
- Banana cream pie is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/27/2014Salad, soup and fish very good. Banana cream pie amazing! Steak over tenderized.
- Worth itDirkGDined on 6/27/2014Food was delicious. Staff knowledgable and prompt without being pushy or overbearing. Not inexpensive, but worth it. Only down side is that the design amplifies sound, so it's not a place for a quiet mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emerils Fish houseTinacatDined on 6/23/2014We have eaten at all of Emerils restaurants in NOLA and this one in Las Vegas certainly didn't disappoint. It was perfect. The lunch poboy special that included an appetizer, poboy and dessert for $19 was very reasonable for our family of 4. I posted pics on Facebook immediately and my friends went nuts. I'm sure y'all will get some extra visits from them on upcoming trips to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWorldtravelerDined on 6/22/2014Emeril's Fish House has it all - outstanding food, staff and ambience. I would expect no less of a restaurant bearing his name. Desserts are not to be missed.Special Features:
- Good food and people watchingMrESDined on 6/21/2014Wife and I arrived in LV on Saturday morning. Wife attending a three day conference. Reserved a table at Fish House the first night. Arrived quite early for the reservation time but we were seated promptly and had a table along the outer glass walls. First thought was it was going to be noisy but really was not. Enjoyed watching the Saturday night party goers heading out for the evening. The waiter was prompt and attentive although not particularly polished. We both selected from the prix fixe menu - DW selected steak and I had fish entre. Food and preparation were very good although not overly creative. We both had wine and the per glass selections allowed for a nice pairing. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features: