Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
8852 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4805859500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Battersby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing seven nights a week in the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Gina Stanghellini for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (68)notable wine list (57)fit for foodies (41)vibrant bar scene (31)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (16)scenic view (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014Hands down the best service, food and atmosphere. Spinach salad, maguro lime sushi roll, filet, butter cake fantastic!!!!! Worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!phxmommaDined on 5/5/2014We dined at Mastro's for our Anniversary. The food was AMAZING!! The service was top notch. It was another memorable evening at Mastro'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFernandoDined on 5/4/2014We travel around the world and now and then find a gem. This is one of them. This is slightly ahead of our most favorite steakhouse, the Cattleman's Steakhouse, just east of El Paso, Texas for the best steak in the world. Service is 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Pompeous WaiterfoodieDined on 5/4/2014This past Sunday evening I brought my wife, son and old friend from Arkansas to this location. From the beginning our waiter was a jerk and I didnt like him but kept it to myself. At the end of the evening my out of state friend thanked me for dinner and then asked if I tipped the waiter. I told him I did my customary 20% and he asked why tip bad attitude? He was right I should demanded a new waiter when my waiter started his poor service. .Special Features:
- High Energy Scenefine2dineDined on 5/3/2014We were treated with enthusiasm and great care by the well-informed wait staff and never felt rushed. The food quality was high and the menu offered lots of variety. Low lighting gave an intimate ambiance. Noise level was very high - with a few larger groups of patrons, their bar and live music, it was necessary for everyone to use louder voice volume so a normal level conversation at our table was not possible. (We were there on a Saturday night.)If a quiet romantic evening is desired, this would not be the choice spot to eat. But if high energy is desired, this is definitely the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!SteakhouseDined on 5/3/2014This was definitely the best meal i've ever had! I was worried about the price since there were no prices on the menu but to our surprise the prices weren't outrageous. Although, the lobster mashed potatoes were $35 which we thought was a bit much for a side dish. Would loved to have tried them. Otherwise an outstanding experience!Special Features:
- Nice dinner for anniversary.LuvhissteakDined on 5/2/2014Tables are close together so I find it hard to tune out the other tables. I like more privacy with my conversation. Our tab for the two of us was $350 not including the tip but my husband loves his $120 steak. Usually when I spend this much I like for it to be memorable, but I have it a four star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a flashlightNansulitaVIPDined on 4/29/2014Just kidding... The staff have flashlights. The restaurant is dark, very dark...and dated feeling. I had a feeling that I was stepping back in time to an 1960's restaurant. However the food was absolutely outstanding as was the service. We shared the rack of lamb which certainly was one of the best I've ever had. The portions are enormous- 24 ounce chicken, etc. come planning to share. Also ask for a quiet table if you don't like a high noise level. Our room was great in terms of noise but noticed a quite high noise level in others as we left.
- Outstanding!RobCDined on 4/28/2014Probably the best steakhouse I have ever visited. The food and service were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Desert EverHoosierMikeDined on 4/26/2014Must try Hot Butter Cake Dessert as this was the best ever. Food was fabulous (salads, steaks, and fish), though pricey. Side of Brussel Sprouts was average at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2014We loved our waiter - he was fun, informative and didn't try to over sell us on ordering more sides then we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TwilightDinersDined on 4/25/2014As always, Mastro's provided incredible food, drinks and ambiance. We are so lucky to be down the street from such an excellent establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food butSteakmanVIPDined on 4/23/20142 negatives. Pushy waiter upselling everything and obscenely priced wine list. Otherwise, food the best anywhere, waiter was efficient and soliticious and great bar seating. A go to for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We went for the Easter Brunch and it was fabulous. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Brunch 2014Dster1960VIPDined on 4/20/2014Amazing! Best brunch ever. Unbelievable food and service. Outstanding drink specialsSpecial Features:
- Mastro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014First time diners, excellent food and service. Noise level was high and it is expensive - but it's North Scottsdale. We will go back.Special Features:
- Awesome!SteakloverDined on 4/18/2014Moved here a couple of years ago but have been coming to North Scottsdale for years saying we are going to try Mastro's. Finally did and have not been disappointed in any visit and have now been there numerous times!!! Awesome food and service!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014The food and service was very good. The only issue was the lack of lighting. Too dark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Bar MusicForbesFoodieDined on 4/16/2014We recently dined in the bar area. It was just two of us and we wanted to watch NHL playoff hockey and the bar was the perfect place! TVs were there, but not overpowering like a sports bar and there was also live music that took requests! The food is outstanding (try the creamed corn) and our server was very attentive! One of my favorites when I am in the Scottsdale area.Special Features:
- Maestro's dinner with friendsfranklyspeakingDined on 4/16/2014Per usual, fantastic place to go for special occasions. A bit pricey but ALWAYS feel that you get what you pay for.... HIGHLY recommendSpecial Features:
- Absolutely the Best...charlieVIPDined on 4/14/2014and little more need be said. The entire evening was outstanding.Special Features:
- Waite staffRokindessertDined on 4/13/2014While we were at the car rental we asked for a good Mastros. We tried it and WOW. The waiter Seth was amazing. On top of everything, water refill new plate silverware, just great. He recommended a few dinner choices and side dishes that would go well together and they did. Very knowledgable of the food and what would go good together. To top the night off, Seth recommended our dessert The famous Butter Cake. Oh Man was that a fantastic dessert. It out shined the main course. Since it was our first trip to Mastros, management personally came over and bought dessert for us. Just a great experience all around, food, drinks, and service. A+ in the booksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in ScottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014This was a major bummer...For the price point it was so noisy the waiter heard the order incorrectly. Could not hear/converse with the guest sitting at the table across! So dark that the waiter had to use a flash light to read the menu, as well as the guests. Skimpy on the lobster in the lobster mash-potato.
- MASTRO'S MESSGOURMETGALDined on 4/12/2014Start with a positive! Lobster Bisque is the best...the meal should have ended there! Oysters Rockefeller were tasteless except for salt. Careful what you order; ask about prices of everything unless money is no object. Friend had halibut 'Oscar style, which we are featuring tonight" How much is the halibut? $48...but waiter neglected to say the sauce w/few slivers of crab was an addtl $25. Waiter was no where to be found most of evening except drink/food ord & to present bill. 3 hrs for 3 people to have dinner...waiting, waiting, waiting. When we inquired, 'it's coming''. Rude responses to inquires. We knew Mastro's would be expensive, but... End on a positive! Waiter did remove $25 fee when questioned.
- Great food and servicefoodskiDined on 4/12/2014The Steaks where fabulous. Great romantic spot for two as well as dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Failed to meet expectationstruluvDined on 4/11/2014Went for my daughter's 12th birthday & to entertain out of town relatives who specifically wanted to go to Mastro's. Waiter seemed to upsale us everything, had to ask for water multiple times! Wanted to order NY Strip Steak with Pepper, & split it with my daughter, both not big eaters, waiter recommended we get the bigger Chef's cut & add the pepper sauce to split! Ordered it medium, but was not happy with this selection as the top was overly done (black, hard and burnt!) and the inside though pinkish tasted too overly done also! Other's in the party seemed satisfied with their meals though! I still think ArrowHead Grill serves better steaks! After dropping almost 1/2 grand on the meal, I would've liked more exceptional food and service!
- Enjoyed but...AmaronegirlVIPDined on 4/5/2014There isn't anything better than a smoking martini and a great bottle of wine to accompany the seafood tower or the fabulous steaks at this hot spot. We have been going for many years and always are satisfied with the quality of food and service. And that's where we have noticed a difference. Of late, the service is too, shall we say, extreme. There is an army of movers behind the server that is constantly on the go, ready to take your plate and side plates at the very moment (or even before) you have had the last morsel. A rumble of activity around the table at all times is distracting and unpleasant. It also creates a sense of urgency to get done and get out. I'm sure that's not the intent and would welcome a more relaxed pace.Special Features:
- Freezing cold inside fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Freezing cold inside from the moment we arrived. Even wearing sweaters! :( This place is WAY overpriced. Due to the prices, we shared our food, ordering 1 iced tea, 1 salad, 1 smallest filet available, 1 order of macaroni & cheese & 1 order of mashed potatoes. The total for this was $85... ridiculous.
- Lasting impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014My wife and I have visited several Mastros concepts and when ever we travel it is a name we look for . This occasion we brought another couple and they to were very impressed and all were pleased with our service and our food. We had two servers Kenny and a person he was training . I'm sorry I forgot his name however they both did a great job .Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/1/2014My family has been going to Mastros for years and have always been very happy. However, this occasion was not a positive one. We made a reaervation and they still had us wait. After having a drink in the bar and checking back with the hostess stand they made it seem like they had simply forgotten about us. Almost as if it was OUR choice to delay sitting down. Also while at the bar the bartender did not know how to pronounce nor make 100% of their new notable cocktails. They also didn't have a beer that my husband wanted. They claimed it was their new drink menu and that it was throwing everyone off because they had not mastered it yet. No excuse in my book. Lastly our server was distracted, slightly rude and made us repeat everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation's enddrnanDined on 3/27/2014Our waiter appeared promptly inquiring about water, but it took 2 tries to get cold water without ice. He was helpful in suggesting an appropriate number of side dishes. The wine came and was poured for sampling. We both commented on the degree of tannicity, but agreed it would be OK with time to air. It would have been nice to have offered to carafe it. Dinner was served on HOT plates - wonderful! Our steaks were done perfectly, but the NY had gristle in one end & was not as tender as expected. Once our initial sides were dished, our waiter never returned to dish more or to pour more wine until the end of the meal, & then had to be reminded that the wine bottle was still 1/2 full. My only serious complaint was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoenix MastrosTann2VIPDined on 3/27/2014I make it to Phoenix several times a year and make it a point to have a special dinner at the Scottsdale resturant . I think it's tithe original.... The consistent high quality of service and food makes this a must !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food and service.N2FOODDined on 3/22/2014Loved the food and service. Only thing I'd change would be to make it a little less noisy. Am not that old but really had to strain to hear my friend talking across the table from me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering MastrosDrA71Dined on 3/22/2014The best steak in Scottsdale - and the rest of the menu isn't too bad either! Tuna tartare and sauteed shrimp were excellent appetizers, but the steak is a knockout. Just wish they were slightly smaller, however! Who really needs a 22 oz rib eye? They were presented on sizzling plates that were literally too hot to touch. The flavor was incredible. (Only slight negative - the side of Fries - HUGE - enough for 6 people - and unnecessary. A smaller portion of crispier fries would be better). Our favorite restaurant in Scottsdale and we're already looking forward to a return visit. Service is impeccable - this time we were lucky to be waited on by "Jerry", who was the perfect combination of efficient and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special splurge!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014The meal was absolutely superb. But.........I could have bought groceries for two weeks for the cost of the meal. We were celebrating a special occasion and this is not a typical Saturday night place for a dinner out unless you were driving the Bentley parked out front. 3 cocktails, 2 appetizers, two steaks and two sides. $208.40. Luckily we took doggie bags so we actually got two meals out of it. It's in a strip mall so no dinner with a view to ease the pain of the check! What I don't understand is we could only book a reservation at 5:15 pm and by the time we left at 7:15 there were still plenty of empty tables. Couldn't of been that many cancelations. HmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eatVancouverCanucksDined on 3/20/2014Me and my wife ate at mastros on Thursday night for our anniversary the food was amazing and the staff were so attentive we had a great time and will go back every time were are in town. The portions were huge so if your a small eater share almost everthing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningberrygalDined on 3/20/2014We had a wonderful family dinner here. I would not normally think of this as a "kid friendly" restaurant, but the staff was wonderful with our 7 and 9 year-old grandchildren and they had as enjoyable a dining experience as the adults all did. The food was fabulous and the desserts are definitely for sharing, as the portion sizes serve 2-3 people easily. The Warm Butter Cake is definitely the best dessert on the menu; delightful! All in all, a treat for the adults and a "horizon broadening" experience for the kids. Thank You Mastro's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely loud.Wineguy69Dined on 3/19/2014Very accommodating for our group of none people. Due to the noise level only able to communicate with adjacent guests. The service was slow to start as I don't believe they had enough waiters but ample secondary servers. The wine was terrific but very pricey. My wife(the vegetarian wannabe) was very well looked after. The steaks were fine for everyone but not over the top. $3000.00 for a party of nine. Cheaper wine next time??Special Features:
- Major disappointmentBuzzDined on 3/18/2014When we were seated we immediately noted that the table had a bad rocking motion which needed to be corrected with shims as we all stood there watching. The AC vent was also blowing cold air on us and that was problematic. There was apparently no place to reseat us. After getting the hard-sell for cocktails we ordered rather expensive wines. They were out of the Pride Merlot. There was a 45 minute gap where we did not see anybody until our order was taken. Approximately 15 minutes later I was informed that the Arctic Char was not available. This was as the other entrees were coming to the table. No apologies, no offers to reduce the bill. This was the worst steakhouse experience I have ever had.
- Excellent food and atmosphere.beavsDined on 3/17/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Nice bar and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.