Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
8852 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4805859500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Battersby
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment & dancing seven nights a week in the piano bar.
- Special Events: Please contact Gina Stanghellini for your next event.
A word from Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale
Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Mastro's Steakhouse - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (57)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (13)scenic view (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We had a terrific dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/2/2008We had a terrific dinner. It was my son's 21st birthday and the waiter was terrific about figuring out his "first drink":) The brought out warm butter cake to celebrate, compliments of Mastro's as well as stone crabs for an appetizer - very generous and TERRIFIC food!! A very memorable experience for our family!! My 9 year old daughter took her own money to the live musicians and asked them to sing happy birthday to her brother - they wouldn't take the money but sang a very nice rendition of Happy Birthday To You! - EXCELLENT NIGHT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Food always great seerviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2008Food always great seervice great, prices have gotten too high.
- We went to Mastros with aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008We went to Mastros with a couple visiting from out of town. This is a great place for a double date, group celebration or business meal. It has a refined masculine atmosphere with an elegant and intimate feel. However, I would not recommend it if you want a romantic dinner for two. There is a bustling energy and the noise level is far too high for quiet conversation. We were very impressed by the food and the service. I can say that my petite fillet was the best I have ever had. We kept it simple with our appetizers and sides as the meat portions were beyond generous and we focused on what they do best -- masterfully aged and prepared meat. We all shared a dessert which was good as well. Meals are costly, but worth it.Special Features:
- The food was to die for delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008The food was to die for delicious. The waitstaff was more than helpful, they answered every question with knowledge and patience. The atmosphere was very romantic, low lights and the perfect music.Special Features:
- Great food. Expensive. I justOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2008Great food. Expensive. I just don't understand serving a great steak on a 1400F plate. The heat of the plate continues to cook the steak beyond the way it was ordered. Serve the great food on a plate that is more moderate temperature! Desserts were scrumptious.
- We always look forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/29/2008We always look forward to a trip to Matro's whenever we visit AZ and we are never disappointed. Our favorite place
- Mastro's is a superb steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2008Mastro's is a superb steak house. It IS loud, so I'm not sure I'd go there for an intimate romantic dinner for two! Service is excellent, although sometimes a little too fast, like they're rushing you a bit. Caesar salad is delicious, all the steaks and sides are top quality. And the warm butter cake for dessert is not to be missed. My concern is that in this day and age, their prices are going to drive people away. It was over the top for three of us at $250 -- salads, dinners, dessert and two glasses of wine. Going to lose customers if prices remain that high.Special Features:
- This was one of the best mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2008This was one of the best meals I have ever had. The service was topnotch, the food recommendations were excellent and the food itself was heavenly.Special Features:
- does not disappoint. an occasionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2008does not disappoint. an occasional treat for us, but always top notchSpecial Features:
- This is a very expensive restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2008This is a very expensive restaurant with fantastic meat, but the atompshere was busy and loud. The restaurant was busy and servers were running every where tripping over guests. The live music was too loud and not appropriate for this type of restaurant. The first band was so bad, I actually thought it was Karoke. The second band was better but sang songs like "Margaritaville" which just does not go with a $42 steak. The asparagus was woodie and stalky tasting. The warm butter cake was good.Special Features:
- I'm not from the Phoenix area,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2008I'm not from the Phoenix area, so Mastro's was a little hard to find, but it is definately worth the effort. The bone in filet is simply awesome! Great service and a wonderful ambiance complete the experience nicely. I would highly recommend this wonderful place to anyone looking for a great steak.Special Features:
- we had a great time, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008we had a great time, everything was just perfect. The live music was outstanding, however it was too noisy for a Restaurant... I had 16 guests in my table and was very hard to speak with them because the music was too high. But the musicitian were very very good... The bar area has also first a class service overall a big 10 for all these peopleSpecial Features:
- Loved it and they were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2008Loved it and they were great with our daughters and so accommodating.Special Features:
- The food was over-priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2008The food was over-priced. The fish was tough and stringy. The special "side-dish" of the day turned out to cost $40 without any forewarning of the price. All other side dishes were an average of $10. The restaurant was frigid and it took nearly an hour before the request to warm it up was honored. Will probably never return.
- This is a meat lovers paradise.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/12/2008This is a meat lovers paradise. Highest quality beef expertly prepared. The service is consistently outstanding. The only downside may be the sticker shock when the bill arrives but the experience is definitely worth every pennySpecial Features:
- Great food and service. DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008Great food and service. Definitely request to NOT be seated in the bar area on the weekend if you want to be able to carry on a conversation. Bar area is loud and active, but live music they had the evening we were there was excellent. Dining room areas are a bit quieter. Great people watching!Special Features:
- maestros came so highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008maestros came so highly recommended so we chose to eat for our final night in scottsdale. it was a huge buzz kill !!.. when both plates for my mom and girlfriend came raw. then they came back basically charred, after i had to sit alone and eat. i spent $180 in wine so i know good food and wine, i am in the wine business.
- This was a great rest. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2008This was a great rest. The food was great and you get good size portions. The server was great and did a great job going over everything and upselling us. He was kind enough to replace a barely drank $18 martini went it was spilled by us. All in all it was a great experience esp for taking my parents out on there anniversary. Will be back next time in town.Special Features:
- We have gone to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2008We have gone to this location for years and have enjoyed everything about it here. However this past Sunday all four people in our party became very ill after dinner. Severe vomiting and other symptoms were experienced by everyone. I called and spoke with the manager only hours after becoming ill. He assured me he would follow up but I have yet to have them offer anything to us to resolve this problem. We will never return.
- The food at Mastro's is alwaysGaileeVIPDined on 9/30/2008The food at Mastro's is always delicious. The bone-in ribeye steak is the best in the city. Our server Greg was very professional and helpful. Our table was rather small causing us to feel crowded while eating.Special Features:
- We went for our Birthdays.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2008We went for our Birthdays. Everything was fantastic. Great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OUR WAITER WAS SPECTACULAR.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2008OUR WAITER WAS SPECTACULAR. TOO NOISY FOR US. THE DESSERT WE HAD WAS UNBELIEVABLE AND THE REGULAR COSMOPOLITAN DRINK WAS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!!Special Features:
- We have been to the B.H.,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2008We have been to the B.H., Newport Beach (Ocean Club), and Costa Mesa and were ready to try the original Mastro's. We have always raved about Mastro's and have told everybody it is hands down the best steak you can get anywhere. We have never been disappointed before, except this time. Normally we would give 5 stars across the board. This time we have to drop the food star to a 3. We had a New York pepper steak that we had many times at the other locations and it always had that melt in your mouth tenderness. This time the steak was very fatty and just not that good. Next and the biggest disappoinment was the lobster mashed potatoe side dish. The lobster was bad and very chewy. Still great service from Sean.Special Features:
- Classic Steakhouse with aciaogalazVIPDined on 8/31/2008Classic Steakhouse with a 'Clubby' feel. Everything is prepared to perfection!Special Features:
- It was my 50th birthday andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2008It was my 50th birthday and I had a fabulous time. Our waitress was so nice. We hope to visit Phoenix again and eat at Mastros!!!Special Features:
- Great experience. Only forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2008Great experience. Only for special occasions unless money is not an object for you. Better than the Capital Grill for sure. Steaks came sizzling hot with butter, so good. Sides were nice and cocktails were great. Service was top notch. We went late and enjoyed the late night dinner. Cocktails are $17 but they are top quality. 2 steaks, 2 salads, 2 sides, 3 cocktails, 1 desert, 1 sparkling water. $250 including tip. But it was really worth it....the steaks were really good. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Phoenix!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2008Best steakhouse in Phoenix! We loved it as much on repeat visit!!Special Features:
- We definitely enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2008We definitely enjoyed our experience at Mastro's. It was our first time, and our waiter was commendering and terrific. He suggested a wine, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and was prompt and polite. The food, from the appetizers through dessert, was superb. I can not wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.PennimVIPDined on 7/28/2008The service was excellent. My husband and I split a salad that was good to very good; not great. My husband had the bone-in rib-eye that he was dissappointed with. I had the prime rib which was excellent. The butter cake for dessert is fabulous.........but easily enough for 4. All portions were quite large. We decided that next time, we would skip the rib eye and split a prime rib, and we'll probably still have a little to take home.Special Features:
- We had a mess with reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/26/2008We had a mess with reservations with Open table. Cancelled for no reason. Rescheduled reservastion was there but got an email the next morning it was cancelled but we ate there. Staff was excellent
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2008We have been to this restaurant many times. Service and food quality is not as good under the new management. They were out of our first two wine selections, listed on their wine list, and our waiter suggested a much more expensive bottle. They confirmed our table request over the phone, but not on arrival. Overall, a disappointing experience.
- Our waiter Oliver recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2008Our waiter Oliver recommended the butter cake for desert - it was delicious. You truly have the best steaks out of all 3 Mastro's restaurants - Ocean Club and City Hall are great, but they don't compare to the sizzling steaks at Mastro's Steakhouse!Special Features: