Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
1 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kincaids.com/page/home
- Phone: 5108358600x
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Sat & Sun 10:30am-2pm
Try our Bloody Mary Bar & Champagne Specials!
Lunch: Daily 11am-3pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 3pm-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 3pm-10pm, Sun 3pm-9pm
Lounge: Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can accommodate parties of 100 people or more. Please call a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Palmer 5108358600x
A word from Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland
Located on the waterfront in historic Jack London Square, lies Kincaid's Bayhouse. Truly, today's interpretation of a traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse. One will find the food and beverage to be the finest available and where possible, prepared and served in the tradition of an old-time Fish and Steakhouse. Fresh fish flown in daily, prime select cuts of beef, along with signature dessert items are just a few reasons that set Kincaid's apart from other restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland - Best Restaurants in Oakland ›
Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (115)special occasion (82)romantic (52)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- Lunch with a friendReneeSVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our visit did not get off to a great start this time. Due to miscommunication, we were left without a server until we brought it to the restaurant's attention. They did then correct the error and our server took over. I have been here many times, but his time was not outstanding. The food was okay, but not exceptional, and the service was also not exceptional. The view of the water is good, and the ambience of the overall setting is good. If I am in the area, I would return, but this was not their best offering.Special Features:
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been to Kincaid many times and in general it was good. We feel that both the service and quality of food is degrading, The main course was delivered late. More concerning is the Halibut was very dry and somewhat cold.Special Features:
- AUD1Dined on 7/19/2014Very enjoyable evening"" Food was Great as ALWAYS'' Waiter was very courteous and efficient . Will definitely return real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencePaulabluDined on 7/15/2014Arrived 30 minutes early for my husbands 65th birthday. Was seated right away. I requested a window table with a great view in my reservations which was honored even though we were early. Totally great experience from the time we arrived to the time we leftSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerluvgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014Unfortunately, this was a "Birthday" dinner for a very good, close, co-worker of mine. When the dinner was delivered it was not piping HOT, in fact it was "luke" warm.Special Features:
- excellent dining experiencePabloDined on 7/8/2014I was graciously welcomed by attentive staff, then ushered to a table with spectacular waterfront views, with nearby sailboats and gulls adding to the restaurant's already elegant ambiance, including its light, rhythmic music in the background. Wait staff Todd and manager Tim were super cordial, providing upbeat, efficient, and caring service throughout my more-than-pleasant stay. After a healthy serving of the Organic Mixed Greens (with just the right amount of fennel), the main course of Rock Bass with rice kept me increasingly intrigued as I savored every taste. Green beans al dente complemented the undeniably satisfying dinner. Definitely returning with friends, and I'll be sure to treat them and myself to dessert.Special Features:
- menuSoutherne36Dined on 7/5/2014The menu had some great choices; however, I think T - bone steaks should be added to the menu. Southerners love T bones and this would have made the experience more enjoyable. The kitchens fan system was quite dirty as well. You may want to have it cleaned. Other than this, it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartaMartaDined on 7/4/2014Best ever Lavender Cosmo! Excellent food and very good service.Special Features:
- Just okay...JenniQuinnDined on 7/4/2014I indicated we were celebrating a family reunion and wanted something with a view. Our reservation was at 5:15 and definitely a time with direct sun exposure, so we were hoping the restaurant would have had the forethought to put us somewhere we could enjoy the view without drawing the shades. They sat us on the side where the sun sets and "unfortunately" had to draw the shades to get out of the blinding sunlight and heat... they would not accommodate to move a party of 9, so we got no view to speak of. 1/2 the table had their backs to the view anyways. During seating, 2 of us did not get menus and I had to get my own. Twice we had to get up to get server's help and 30 minutes to place an initial order...Food was good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass- go somewhere else!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014Had the parmesan crusted chicken breast- not cooked on one side- sent it back- came out again- the same thing. Ruined our lunch. The waitress was snotty and talked too fast- short, curt, we will NOT go back. Go to Horatios, or Scotts. For sure.Special Features:
- Unfortunate this timegbenz40Dined on 6/28/2014I have had three good experiences at Kincaids, however this time the service was terrible.Special Features:
- good food poor servicealecDined on 6/28/2014service left a lot to be desired, the bus boy seemed competent but the waitress was dissorganised and the hostess must have been new and inexperienced, but the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food/Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/25/2014I always enjoy Kincaid's food...keeps me coming back. But, almost every time I have come, the service has been slow. This last time was the ultimate in slow service. There were not many people, yet the service was super slow. Hard to understand. I may have been able to understand if the restaurant was packed. This is an area that really needs to be worked on. If it weren't that the food is so good, I would not return. Time of day I and the other three in my party were there was approximately 1:30 p.m. this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not what it used to befluffydogDined on 6/24/2014Kincaids has lost something. I'm not sure what but it just feels tired. A few months ago The staff was terrible. However, at my most recent date there the staff was much better. The steaks are still good but the menu needs some updating. It's still good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a beautiful viewbrunchVIPDined on 6/24/2014mashed potatoes with the pork chops and short rib were a little tired looking. Short rib needed seasoning. Prime Rib was good, but no nice crust as advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Food was excellent. I had the twice cooked chicken which was delicious. The clam chowder was prepared at the table. Our server Jacob took great care of us and we will insist on being at his station when we return.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING AS ALWAYSArtOVIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything about my dinner at Kincaid's was terrific! Our server, Carlos, was a delight! He was polite, engaging, funny and very helpful. He knew the menu very well and guided us through difficult choices among the many tempting items. He was attentive without hovering and always approached us with a smile and an eagerness to help. I have the impression that this man really enjoys his job at Kincaid's and his positive attitude is contagious. The food was great! I had the Teriyaki Glazed Salmon, while my date had the ribeye steak. Both dishes were prepared exactly as we had requested, medium rare steak and medium well salmon. The atmosphere and ambiance were terrific, as was the beautiful view. Kincaid's never disappoints!Special Features:
- A Warm Welcome at KincaidsReneeSVIPDined on 6/19/2014We have made it an annual tradition to have lunch at Kincaids over the summer. We are retired teachers and we worked together over the past sevral years. Kincaids has been great at assigning us a good table with a view. The reservation process was easy and efficient. We were seated when about half of us were there, the waitress was patient with our ordering and good about getting our attention to place the order. The food came out quickly and was well prepared. It was a great get together for us, and a good job on the part of Kincaid's to make us feel comfortable and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kincaid's is a Winner!DivadebbieDined on 6/15/2014I've dined at this restaurant many times and it's always a pleasure. The bar scene is enchanting, you can catch the plays of the day on the TV monitors and the appetizers, salads & entrees are worth the wait. My favorite libation is the "Lavender Martini"!!! You can't go wrong at Kincaids!Special Features:
- Lovely placePuffydustDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was really fantastic! Our server was awesome and very attentive, particularly in refilling our coffee (without us having to ask). We were impressed with the garlic bread and blueberry muffins which came out to start, especially when our server brought them before we'd decided what to order. Really enjoyed the pear bread pudding French toast and my bite of hubby's Breakfast Wellington. We sat by the window and our friends' toddler quite enjoyed the view of the boats passing by. I think/hope this will be nice place to which we can return!Special Features:
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We did not have a good experience at Kincaids. Service was very poor waiter was overwhelmed serving to many tables. The food was the worst of the entire experience clam chowder for everyone at table of 8 was cold crab cakes were dry and salad served with crab cakes was wilted and without any dressing . Sliders had very little meat on them. Cod fillets was not nut encrusted and they were over cooked Waiter tried his best but was unable to provide good service. We will definitely not be returning
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant used to have great food and service. It has gone way downhill in the past year.Special Features:
- Never a dissappointmentDerbyDined on 6/14/2014We live in So. Cal and whenever we are in Northern Califorinia we try to make sure to eat one meal at Kincaids. Regina was our server and she was great. We had brunch for the first time. I will say it was not as good as the dinners we have had but still worthy of a try.Special Features:
- InterestingUnacceptableDined on 6/13/2014We did not enjoy Kincaid's: .. . What is with patrons wearing hoodies and baseball caps, rolling joints at the table and behaving like a bunch or adolescents? No lie, the next table over from us had a couple seated for dinner. She was dressed nicely, he wore a hoodie with the hood up and a baseball cap on top of the hood. When she got up to leave, he started rolling joints at the table. No Staff member came over and suggested he do that outside. Their behavior on top of the other thuggish looking patrons spoiled what should have been an enjoyable dinning experience. Baseball caps, hoodies, doo rag bandanas. The dinning experience was really tarnished and we won't be going back to Kincaid's again because of it.Special Features:
- SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/13/2014Great meal but all the people on one side of our table were blinded when the sun was setting. Don't go at night until after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little loudArm1123Dined on 6/11/2014Our waitress was very nice and the food we ordered was good, but the restaurant was a little loud so it made the ocean views less peaceful. Still good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyJimLDined on 6/11/2014We have a yearly family meal (7 people) at Kincaid's and as usual a good time was had by all at our table overlooking the marina. Our server was great until one meal mysteriously disappeared. She apologized and offered a free wine and desert and we think the problem of the missing food was probably caused by the kitchen. The last plate finally arrived, after others were finished with their meal. The food was very good although the Copper River Salmon special was slightly overdone and drySpecial Features:
- LaideeJDined on 6/9/2014I brought my visiting from out-of-town daughter here as I knew there was a beautiful view. We actually saw a sea lion playing in the water. Very cool! The crab sandwich was delicious as usual and their bleu cheese salad is the best!Special Features:
- SoSweets1Dined on 6/8/2014great service, great food, great prices, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Great foodKandTDined on 6/7/2014Seated promptly at a window seat. Everything we ordered was delicious. I had lobster bisque followed by the seafood salad. The salmon in the salad was possibly the best salmon I've tasted. My teens had the Copper River salmon which was also outstanding. My only complaint was that the 2 prawns in my seafood salad had no flavor. Hubby had the lobster tail. They allowed me to special order for my daughter off the children's menu. You can't go wrong with the desserts. We have high expectations for dessert. The chocolate decadence cake, pear bread pudding and mousse were all excellent. The mousse was arguably the best I have had. Our server was Cleaver. His service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love salmon but no more sliders.!DollDined on 6/7/2014I ordered salmon sliders just to try something different and because I love salmon.. Don't think I'll order salmon sliders again.. I'm not a slider type anyway but others may like it..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1260 reviews are from the Kincaid's Bayhouse - Oakland reviews archive.
- Nice view until sun gets too lowanonymousDined on 5/30/2014Calming view of the water until the sun gets too low, then it shines in the windows. Blinds only block the view. Open kitchen smells great. Varied menu, good cocktails, and great service. Bar is open and crowded, so get there early. Open Table is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great locationbdaydinner26VIPDined on 5/27/2014The restaurant has good food and a great ambiance. They really need to work on their service, we waited a very long time for just water, and cocktails took even longer. The waiter knew it was a birthday celebration and didn't even bring out a dessert. I was very disappointed in the service.Special Features:
- Wonderful timesTimelessDined on 5/23/2014I have been going to Kincaids since day one, and the Grotto before that (which it was before it became Kincaids. I will support them as long as they continue to keep the food and service. I have been dining in Jack london square since 1960 and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceJRPJRVIPDined on 5/18/2014We sat down and waited almost 15 minutes for a server to take our drink order. Finally a manager came by and asked if we had been helped. Even after that the service was terrible. It took 50 minutes for the food to come out cold. We sat and looked at our empty plates for another 20 minutes. All together dinner took 2 hours and 15 minutes. The worst service I think I have ever had . The only redeeming quality is the view.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Great casual,but scenic,upscale place to gather w family & friends . The menu had many choices that appealed to someone like me, originally from the Northwest. I'm not sure, but they seem to have the same offerings as Horatios. The food was well prepared and the wait staff were attentive, yet low key. Enjoyable overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBeachguyDined on 5/13/2014Booked a group reservation for 15 people through OpenTable. I'm a manager and do 2 to 3 team dinners per year in various cities across the U.S. I'm based in Florida so I booked it sight unseen (which is always a risk), but Kincaid's turned out to be one of the best! Everything was ready as soon as we arrived and they didn't cram us into a table that was too small like most restaurants do. The food, view, and service were all top notch. Would definitely give it my highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Rarely Dissapoints!FoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2014As typical, the food was great and the service was very good. Kincaid's rarely dissapoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worse mothersday decision ever!angrycustomer1Dined on 5/11/2014I spent $354 dollars and was completely unsatisfied. It took an hour just to receive bread and drinks. My grandmothers meal was brought to her in pieces with items still missing. It was just an all out bad experience no one in my party ate their dinner at the restaurant we received our meals so late everyone took them to go a total waste of my money!Special Features:
- Nice viewtbone59Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant had a nice view and the food was very tasty. They should not have a special menu on Mother's Day. Would have liked a nice salad. Not on menu that day! Women like salads!!!! More fish dishes would have been nice too!Special Features: