6 Bond Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bondstrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127772500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm -11:30pm; Lounge Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - midnight, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Mikami & Marc Spitzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
- Public Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Bond St. and Lafayette St. Monday through Friday after 6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday without restrictions. A parking garage/lot is available on the corner of Bond St. and Lafayette St. A parking lot is available on the corner of Great Jones St. and Lafayette St.
A word from BONDST
BONDST, located in NoHo, is a trendy downtown restaurant with a warm minimalist interior design. The cuisine is new Japanese with European and Asian influences. BONDST is Citysearch's 2007 and 2008 audience award winner for Best Sushi in NYC, as well as the 2008 audience award winner for Best Martini in NYC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
BONDST - Best Restaurants in NoHo ›
BONDST reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (46)romantic (42)hot spot (36)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (28)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OkMonkey6Dined on 12/12/2013Nice atmosphere. Fish was obviously fresh, but nothing special. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Review of BondstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Bondst has a great atmosphere and the food was absolutely delicious. Very knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking service!RichardVIPDined on 12/6/2013We had booked this restaurant for a special occasion and not only did they mess up that we were supposed to have two tables side by side, but our table was seated 45 mins late, despite numerous attempts to ask why we were not seated at our reserved time! From the management to the server, the service was shocking as were the attitudes! Will not be going back to this restaurant ever again!
- Out of this world JapanesebabyhrtfxrDined on 11/29/2013I know its been around for ages, but I just got around to trying this spot with some out of town friends. One word: Delicious! Great scene and service, but the food was the showstopper. We ordered all sorts of small plates and rolls and were blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for qualityFoodieVIPDined on 11/27/2013Food was nice, but not any better than at many more reasonably priced Japanese restaurants. Nothing stood out as special. The room was very beautiful, however the tables too close for any type of intimate conversation. Very noisy, we had to speak loudly to hear each other. We could hear the conversation at the nearby tables. Would not go again. For the same price, we could go to several other Japanese restaurants with much better food.Special Features:
- Great date spotdjt117Dined on 11/13/2013It was great. We actually ended up staying in the lounge but it was great all the same. The lounge was really chill. Sushi was amazing. Expensive but my girl absolutely loved the place. So much that I probably will have to take her back. Hope I get some overtime next week, lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place...davidb1bDined on 11/12/2013theres a reason this place continues succesfully, good food, good service, great ambiance, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent favoriteNotableVIPDined on 11/10/2013Always a great meal, food is always fresh and delicious. The big eyed tuna tart is to die for! Went for an early dinner with my husband and son and although we usually go for a romantic Saturday night dinner it was still great for an early Sunday eve dinner. Marisol our waitress who has been at Bond forever was sweet, helpful and attentive. We will defiantly be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wonderful ! Beautiful people !AnaCeciliaDined on 11/4/2013We loved this place, we will dream with that food. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very disappointing nightdisapppointedDined on 11/2/2013Based on my many excellent experiences at Bond St, I recommended and made a reservation for my brother and his girlfriend to celebrate her birthday here. Things seemed off when they were seated on the main floor, not the elegant zen-like second floor dining area (they unfortunately didn't know to ask to be moved upstairs and I, having only ever eaten on the second floor, didn't know to warn them). Instead of the usual understated but attentive service and perfect pacing of the dishes, they were rushed by not especially knowledgeable or attentive staff. It may seem unfair to base this review on service and atmosphere rather than food, but that is partly what one expects from this usually excellent restaurant. They had a very mediocre night.
- Sushi time!!!CTanDined on 11/1/2013Great food ! My friends enjoyed their meal.... Cozy place to dine in. Great crowd too!!! Definitely recommend the place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, a lot of choiceSarahADined on 10/28/2013Amazing food, a lot of choice but can be VERY noisy so not always great if you're trying to have a romantic or calm dinerSpecial Features:
- Noisy. Dark. Mediocre quasi-JapanesjoiseychowhoundVIPDined on 10/26/2013Noisy. Dark. Mediocre quasi-Japanese food. Young guys looking to hook up. Depressing.
- we had a wonderful night celebratindoc1Dined on 10/25/2013we had a wonderful night celebrating my friend's birthday. the food was delicious and the ambiance was warm and beautiful.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentnjoyfoodVIPDined on 10/22/2013It is really hard to beat BondSt for sushi. It is a cool spot without being trendy, the bar tenders and wait staff are friendly and interesting and the food is always excellent. It is great for a client dinner or for date night. I challenge anyone to have a bad experience there. Not possible.Special Features:
- BondSt always a crowd pleaser!AyseDined on 10/18/2013Bondst is my go-to place for larger groups and last minute reservations. It never seizes to impress! Best Sushi in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionEmilyR81VIPDined on 10/18/2013Still as good as the day it first opened. Took some foodie friends here who were visiting. They couldn't stop raving the whole meal. I hadn't been here for years, now I can't figure out why I waited so long to go back. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Celebration for lifeHaynayVIPDined on 10/17/2013We had a group dinner in the sushi bar. Tuna tart was a hit..and sushi/sashimi mix omakase was awesome as always. Great sake paring by the attendant. Truly memorable experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi experienceNYCVacationerDined on 10/2/2013Excellent food, excellent atmosphere. We went based on open table reviews and the experience exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner for Sushi LoversFinickyFoodieDined on 9/28/2013Fresh, high quality, well prepared sushi. Chefs selection Omakase sushi/sashimi highly recommended. Both the Dry (for Russian Standard lovers) and Sweet Sakitini highly recommended. Decent Sake and wine list. Upstairs is a bit more quiet for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Boring review - always great foodProsNConsVIPDined on 9/28/2013Even after 50 + visits during the last 12 years, the experience is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb tasting menuAlimcDined on 9/28/2013We had the least of the tasting menu options and it was so rich and exquisite - I can't imagine what the more elaborate options could be like! I think I would have died and floated off in a nimbus of gustatorial pleasure. Everything that we had - oysters on the half shell, salmon with yuzu creme and truffle oil, sushi, miso poached cod, buckwheat soba with duck and a delicious selection of desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance for groupsSalmaDined on 9/20/2013The food was impeccable & the ambiance was perfect for our group. Unfortunately the service was substandard. Some members of our group didn't receive their food or drinks at all after reminding our server multiple times. We had a large group, but at least half of the party had some sort of concern with their order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2013Arrived early. The kind host/ess offered sit us down early or to have a drink at the bar. We opted for bar. The bartender was very nice and careful to listen to our preferences. He made the best cocktails we have ever had! When we asked to be seated, we were seated immediately. Once seated, it took approx 15 minutes before our waiter acknowledged us. After that, he was VERY slow to give us proper attention. Finally, after looking over the menu and asking our waiter questions, he was very helpful and accommodating. Our waiter should have been nicer from the beginning. He finally warmed up to us. When we got our wine and food, it was excellent! After dinner, we went back to the drink and talk with the bartender he made our night, he was fab!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent presentation,eimaDined on 9/3/2013Great food, excellent presentation, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite splurgesumermanDined on 8/30/2013I've always had a fantastic meal at BONDST. The service is always impeccable, and no matter what I order, it's superb.Special Features:
- Excellent AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013Get the tuna tarts! Also loved the salmon sashimi-- especially the presentation. . Sushi pretty good but no brown rice. Small bar area but nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are a "sushi purist"ClaudiussonDined on 8/19/2013If you are a "sushi purist" this is not the right place to go, but if you are curious, openminded and you do like fish this is a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013I keep going back to Bond St and it never disappoints. It is so hard to find places that year after year are consistently great. Whether I have gone with 30 people or just one other it always impresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Went to Bond St to catch up with a large group of friends - table for 10. Food was good, not amazing though, there are better Japanese restaurants in town however the atmosphere and the cocktails are what really makes this place - the whole package. Great spot for a lively place for dinner with friends. But if you're a real foodie, would try more low key Japanese spots in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013We had a table for two upstairs. The decor was nice but a bit too dark for dining. We could barely see our plates. Our server was attentive and knowledgable about the menu. Our bill was $300 including our wine. We were still hungry when we left. It just didn't live up to the hype. The tuna tart was the only thing we tried that I would recommend and rate as excellent.
- Just great Sushi and a hot spotgreatoeDined on 8/1/2013The food is always great here. When you arrive on Bond Street, the resturant is a Renovated White house that you walk up the steps to some of the best prepared Sushi prepared to order. The Tuna tartar is a signature dish and a must try. Reserve in advance and ask for a table upstair's. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2013Love the food and ambiance. The tuna tart is a must try. Very fresh sushi. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service , seaweedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2013Attentive service , seaweed salad and the chicken were great , Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was marvelous!LinamedDined on 7/22/2013We will definitely recommend Bondst to friends and we will come back next time we are in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodCemilDined on 7/22/2013Excellent food, excellent service. We let our waitress guide us through themenu and her suggestions were spot on. We will definitely go back again. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed, did notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2013Very disappointed, did not live up to my expectations
- Great FoodSabrianVIPDined on 7/11/2013Very Trendy. Very much a scene. Great food and drinks though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date spotNY1907Dined on 7/6/2013Perfect place for first dates , music in the background allows you to carry a conversation while killing the white noise. Service is awesome almost everyone in personnel attends your table to ensure your night to be a special one.. Food absolutely outstanding (expect small portions as ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and specialBuzzy1Dined on 6/25/2013My friend and I go there for our birthday celebrations. We love the food !! It is very delicious. The tuna tart is divine, light and tasty. We actually ordered second one. The rolls are also wonderful. Everything is light and fresh with a special touch, a bit of citrus or some truffle oil. The waiters are always nice and friendly. The place is attractive. We'll be back for the next birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.