1320 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.levantes.com/
- Phone: 2022936301x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Akif Gezgic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We have full catering menu good for office luncheons, event dinners, receptions etc.
- Special Events: Special cultural days will be announced soon..
A word from Levante's
The word "Levante" is derived from "Levantine" which describes the eastern Mediterranean coastal region that today includes: Turkey, Greece and extends into Lebanon and Israel. The era of the Ottoman Empire and Alexander the Great, past rulers of the Levante region, is now history, but the culinary and cultural traditions live on.The tastes and flavors of that golden age come alive at Levante's. All dishes are made in the Levante tradition using only fresh ingredients. For centuries, these qualities have allowed people of the Mediterranean to eat well and live long healthy lives. Today at Levante's diners can enjoy the variety, freshness and the natural health benefits of this legendary cuisine. Levante's is the first restaurant group to offer eastern Mediterranean cuisine in a casual dining environment. Natural stone and light wood interiors envelope guests. Open kitchens and wood-fired ovens produce charcoal - grilled meats and vegetables, which are prepared in full view of diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Levante's - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Levante's reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)great for lunch (29)good for groups (28)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Excellent food and waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2008Excellent food and waiter had very good reccomendations on what to try that might be different. The best baba ganoush I have ever had --Special Features:
- I love Mediterranean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2008I love Mediterranean food and I also like that they have wine from that area (Turkey and Lebanon). It was wonderful!Special Features:
- I've been going there forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2008I've been going there for a long time and love it. When I discovered on this visit that the restaurant had changed the sides that came with one of my favorite dishes recently, I asked for the old version and got it. Have to love that!Special Features:
- Restaurant was alright butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/20/2008Restaurant was alright but the service was so opressive as to render the experience disappointing. Very high pressure service.Special Features:
- Delicious, well-prepared MiddleSFNative48VIPDined on 4/12/2008Delicious, well-prepared Middle Eastern food. Attentive service. Moderately priced. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- We went to Levante's on theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008We went to Levante's on the first warm night of spring because it has a beautiful patio. The place was packed, but Levante's staff handled the crowd well. The chicken skewers were marinated and grilled to perfection, and the Levante's platter is always a great start to a meal.Special Features:
- The food was terrific! I willOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2008The food was terrific! I will certainly be back very soon. I might also suggest that you keep your windows and glass doors very clean -- it may seem like a small detail, but i noticed fingerprints all over the door by the bar, and it made the restaurant seem less clean.Special Features:
- I am an open table VIP andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2008I am an open table VIP and I requested a booth in my reservatio notes. The service was slow and we were given a two-top that wobbled when there was a booth availabe and the restaurant was less than half full.Special Features:
- Our experience at Levante'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Our experience at Levante's was poor. The floor was dirty and needed to be swept and though we enjoyed our wine and appetizer the main courses were not at all satisfactory. It did not feel like a special dining experience and we will not be returning to levante's.
- Over-priced and mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2008Over-priced and mediocre. You could find loads better Middle-Eastern fare and much better prices. Even at the price point, Lebanes Taverna and Mama Ayishas are far superior.
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/24/2008This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, the atmosphere is great for a date or for a group, and there is something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:
- Food is good and it is a placepaokansasVIPDined on 12/11/2007Food is good and it is a place to share. Fun for groups.