18 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1G7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Dundas Square
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bangkokgarden.ca/
- Phone: 4169776748x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: William Thetsombandith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge / Bay
- Public Transit: Easily accessible through the subway via the Dundas and College stations. Bus stops are located at the intersection of Bay and Elm Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid street parking is available.
Parking is also available in neighbouring lots and hotels.
A word from Bangkok Garden
Bangkok Garden has been acclaimed as one of North America’s premier Thai restaurants. The food is authentic, based on centuries of Thai culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)great for lunch (52)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (44)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (36)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not great but not too bad eitherJasonDined on 7/11/2014I was going there with my friends for summerlicious, but were told that all the food on summerlicious menu were actually served in the buffet,and it is the same price. We tried the buffet. I've been to Thailand many times and I will have to say the food is just ok. It is lacking of character in a sense that once you finish your food, you don't recall any of those that you just tasted. I'd say it is a place more for a quick lunch with your colleagues than a place for a romantic date. Considering the price and the 15% off coupon you would receive, I might go back for the buffet lunch. It is certainly better than the food court but I would not recommend it to anyone who is really into trying a great Thai restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014 GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014We went here thinking it was standard Thai fare. We were wrong. When you go inside, they have recreated a dining room in the Royal Thai palace in Bangkok, so the food fits right in. We ordered the red curry tofu, and we had seconds! Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious menur2d2Dined on 7/9/2014I ordered the vegetarian options from the summerlicious menu. The Thai rolls for apps were good. The tofu entree was just ok....dry and nothing special in flavour. The desserts were a letdown. My chocolate mousse was average and my husband's sticky rice was just bad. I would order off the regular menu next time to give it a fair opinion. The portion sizes were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for summerlicious, did buffetfoodie4everDined on 7/8/2014People welcoming you are inviting and so kind. Service is also outstanding. We went there to try it, we had never been there. We thought summerlicious was a good way to do so! But for the same price, you have access to the buffet with similar or identical menu… and of course all you can eat! It also offers you the chance to taste more dishes. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaryJessDined on 7/5/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner, and other than being a TAD too spicy for me, it was great! Great drink menu/prices as well!Special Features:
- Summerlicious Offeringsluv2eatDined on 7/5/2014The Summerlicious menu was a great representation of the regular menu. There were plenty of gluten free options, vegan and spicy dishes. I think my only complaint is that I never wanted to stop eating, so I had very little room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious LunchGraciedinesDined on 7/5/2014The Service from Jeremy was excellent and friendly. The food was OK but not as I remembered it from a few years ago when I last dined at Bangkok Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere!CadburybunnyDined on 7/4/2014Had a great time at Bangkok Garden. Overall the food was good. They have a special for the month of July - $25 for a prix fixe dinner (appetizer, entree, and dessert). The inside of the restaurant is nicely done and there's a pond with fish so that the kids can be entertained!Special Features:
- Summerlicious is badCarobarrelDined on 7/4/2014I went to both the summerlicious and winterlicious here, both times I did not like it. We got the pork tenderloin salad, curry chicken, and Thai beef as main entrees, it was blend and we finished half of it and threw away the rest. The appetitizers were tasty, we got the wings, shrimp and mussels. For dessert, we had a bad experience with the rice pudding and stuck with the safer choice - chocolate mousse and it was adequate. I wouldnt come here again unless it's for their lunch buffet. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Great spotfoodisyummyDined on 6/27/2014Jeremey was a fantastic server, made great food recommendations, made the experience oustanding. Wine list could use some improvement, more dry whites would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 757 reviews are from the Bangkok Garden reviews archive.
- A great night out!HotlipsDined on 6/21/2014Food and service was excellant as always!! Had a new server,it was his 2nd day and he did a great job. Tried a new martini called pink paradise.It was delisious!!One of the best martinis I have ever had!!Highly recommend it , especially to you ladies,o.k. for guys as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtegatDined on 6/20/2014Everyone loved their dishes and the surroundings were great. Prompt service, and quiet atmosphere allowed us to talk (not always the trend in restaurants these days). Slightly more expensive than some places, but the service, ambience and quality made it worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good buffet lunchTravelMusingDined on 6/19/2014Went for a quick buffet lunch with my ex-colleague. This was my second time, and her first. Decent variety, good quality for food. Dessert table is a little small, but whatever was laid out was fresh and good. Good for a quick lunchtime buffet.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceFoodie4lifeDined on 6/15/2014Great service as they staff are accommodating, even for a family with a 7 month old newborn! The only sad thing is that this restaurant is not accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Found one good place for THAI foods, where one can taste and feel good about the real food of THAISpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014Very friendly staff and food looks great and tastes great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Our waitress, on a Tuesday evening this week, was also hostess, bartender and sole server. She was absolutely charming but necessarily there were some long waits. Apparently the host (her boss) was doing the cooking! The shrimp chips were heavy and the sea bass was tasty but overcooked. My companion's muskovy duck salad was good. I have had great food at Bangkok Gardens in the past, but not last Tuesday.
- dandy1957Dined on 6/1/2014Dinner was okay... great location to attend the theatre and close to the Eaton Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff great foodLuvyournaughtypeppersDined on 5/31/2014We have been going to Bankok Gardens for years and thoroughly love the food. It is always delicious. The staff are always friendly and greet us warmly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suggestionsluv2eatDined on 5/23/2014The food in the warming trays should have been hotter, temperature wise. The selection and variety of the items on the buffet was good as was the taste.Special Features:
- Small Group LunchTronDined on 5/15/2014Overall our Lunch experience was good - two minor hitches. Food was outstanding - Service needed some work. The Ice tea ordered was not ice tea and the water glasses where not refilled.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialscasDined on 5/10/2014The ambiance is nice but the food was either too spicy or too bland. Also the chicken was dry and the Beef was way to chewy. Also even my Pineapple Juice tastes spoiled. Really not much good to say.Special Features:
- Good Thai foodfnjacobsVIPDined on 5/7/2014The service was slow (I was dining alone so not in the mood to linger). The bar tender/hostess, Nicole, was great and took care of me the second I walked in the door. My waiter looked like he had too many tables to cover, so it took time to get his attention. I liked the place - the food was very good - not the very best Thai I've ever had but very tasty.
- wonderful and relaxing dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014People are friendly and accomodating, food was amazing and in right amounts.Special Features:
- Pleasant StaffbuttercupDined on 5/3/2014Service was very good, our waiter was extremely helpful and pleasant. In fact, all staff that we passed on our way in made a point to say hello and as we were leaving asked how we enjoyed our meal. Great staff! Food was very good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragemarcioDined on 5/3/2014I found the food average, the ambiance is nice, but the food and the service is average. The food was warm rather than hot, and the seasoning was not bad, but nothing spectacular to die for, or to make me come back for more. The service was slow even though it was half full.
- Amazing food!PamelaDined on 5/2/2014As someone who eats a lot of Thai food I've become quite a conisour! This is some of the best I've had in this country! Great atmosphere and service make it my new favorite! Be sure to have a Tom Yum martini with your dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Thai FoodgrandorseDined on 4/27/2014I've never been t Thailand so I don't know how authentic the food is. It is certainly delicious. We had one of the dinners for two because the menu said we could be sure the tastes of the different courses went together. Everything was good. We were the first diners of the night so it was very quiet--a welcome change. I don't know how quiet it stays later. We liked being able to hear the water, but I doubt that would be possible later in the evening. It's incredible to find such a good restaurant less than a block from a hotel.Special Features:
- Still good as usualLikeThiFoodDined on 4/11/2014Have been there a few times. Still as good as usualSpecial Features:
- good place for groupsthai55Dined on 4/10/2014I have been there many times for group lunches and the restaurant accomodates groups well. It ranges from quite quiet to quite noisy if there is a large group. The food is consistently good but the wait staff could be more attentive to whether persons eating from the buffet wish drinks or the cheque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buffet a day ...DuckbilliousDined on 4/9/2014Went for a late lunch. Was greeted by the bartender who was friendly and helpful, and our waiter was attentive. It appeared that several teak forests went down to furnish the interior, which kept the ambience warm and cozy even though there was little natural light filtering in. The menu offered an impressive variety, but I had read that the buffet was not to be missed, so I went that route. I was not disappointed. Especially liked the "soup bar" with chef to make your very own noodle soup to order. A good mix of vegetarian and meat items on the buffet, so I had to try them all! Vegetables were crisp and curries light and delightful. Will definitely go again -- and soon.Special Features:
- A gen in the downtown corePierreFouDined on 4/5/2014Good food, good service and nice environment. Very nice place to relax and to enjoy a good glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for nineTronDined on 4/4/2014We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. Buffet as always, was well prepared and presented. Overall, we had a wonderful meal and really can recommend it for group meals.Special Features:
- Great BuffetHungryTravellerDined on 4/3/2014The selection of dishes available on the buffet provided a great choice for satisfying the taste of each of the guests who joined me for our business luncheon. The Thai theme provides an array of rich flavors and textures to satisfy. The soup bar provides an opportunity to create customized versions of noodle soups spiced and flavored to taste. The dessert bar provided a broad selection of sweets to top off the meal.Special Features:
- Really good bang for your buckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014It offers one of the better buffets in town. A lots of variety and, overall, the food is very good. It has a clean and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- The quietest restaurant, presumablyTheoldbearDined on 4/1/2014The quietest restaurant, presumably because of the Teak. Very beautiful with great service. The bar/lunch bar was the best part way back in the 2000's when I worked a few blocks away, but I've not been to the new version. I'm old and just go for lunch, now. Great place and you can book a big table for a meeting and you can hear! I actually did this in 2011 at the holiday season, before I retired! Everyone raved about how good the meeting was. Not too many restaurants that can say that today. In many restaurants, if you are three seats away, you might as well be on different planets! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the frustrationElaineDined on 3/27/2014The restaurant had several promotions to draw in customers and then nickel and dimed us on the bill - we had a gift card and they considered that a 'discount' so we couldn't use it and also receive a sale price on anything - they even acknowledged they had messed up the marketing but refused to budge or honor their offers - seemed like a poor way to increase business or make customers feel valued!
- Authentic Thai Experiencefoodie123Dined on 3/26/2014From end to end my experience here was wonderful. The food was fresh, the service was impeccable and the ambiance was very true to the Thai culture. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Once favourite place now needs workthaifanDined on 3/15/2014I've always loved Bangkok Garden for its tranquil lovely ambience and great service, as well as excellent Thai food. It still has the first two, but the third is slipping. I and a friend usually go once a month, and both of us love the steamed ginger fish. On our last visit a couple of days ago, it was no longer salmon but tilapia -- a fish not recommended for human consumption. The accompanying veg was soggy. The waitress offered to get us something else. But the fish dishes were mainly deep fried and apparently also tilapia. I know this is a cheap fish but Bangkok should be a cut above. My friend's chicken salad was as good as ever, but I gave up. I'd like to return to the Bangkok, and am hoping in the future things will take an upturn.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunchMarlaDined on 3/13/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at Bangkok Garden. The food was tasty - need more non-vegetarian options though. It would be nice to have non-veg spring rolls, non-veg pad thai and noodles. The meat curries and dishes were good. There were so many vegetarian options, but please think of adding more non-vegetarian selections too. Female manager seemed a bit abrupt. The servers were wonderful!Special Features: