171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: 8437229200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (75)great for outdoor dining (70)great for lunch (69)good for groups (65)great for brunch (56)hot spot (32)notable wine list (31)kid-friendly (28)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (10)Show More
- amazing salmon dish, veryTraveler927Dined on 5/24/2008amazing salmon dish, very cool copper sheeted bar, very unique and modern, yet warm dining area.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly; however,weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008We were seated promptly; however,wehad a long wait at our table before being offered any service—water, drinks, anything—and finally had to ask someone to locate our server. Once our server arrived, the service was good. Also, of the four lunch entrees, only three were available, and we were not told this until after we were ready to order—two of us had planned to order the entree that was unavailable. The server should have informed us that only three entrees were available shortly after greeting us. One of the members of our party was vegetarian, and even the items billed as "seafood" contained bacon or andouille sausage. This left the choices very limited. All that being said, the food and presentation was good.Special Features:
- Calamari was crispy, pizzasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2008Calamari was crispy, pizzas were ordinary, though they bill themselves as a fish restaurant, not much fish on menu. Needs a coat of paint and some sprucing up.Special Features:
- WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FRIEDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2008WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FRIED OYSTERS AS A MAIN ENTREE THEY WERE GREAT THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- We loved Blossom. It wasDesirae316Dined on 5/21/2008We loved Blossom. It was a great find and we will be returning.Special Features:
- This is my third dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008This is my third dining experience. I have had lunch at Blossom and dinner there twice. I have made "Blossom" a must for my out of town guests. The food hasn't disappointed me yet, and my guests still rave about the meal they had. Thank you so much for your outstanding service and incredible food!Special Features:
- Both my entree and my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2008Both my entree and my husband's were terrible. His crab ravioli was completely void of all flavor. The server was kind enough to remove it from the bill when he let her know how awful it was. My crabcake was soggy and the crab meat most likely came out of a can. The $24 cost for 1 soggy crabcake was ridiculous. We looked at the dessert list, but declined dessert after noticing the strange flavor combinations. It was almost as if the pastry chef was taking chances just to make the desserts seem interesting when she should have left well enough alone. you need to I could not recommend this reataurant to anybody.
- It would be nice to have moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2008It would be nice to have more vegetarian options. There was only one offering on the entire menu, and it wasn't particularly creative.Special Features:
- Waitress was slow to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2008Waitress was slow to come to table. Ordered the signature ravioli and it was tough. They make their own so complained to waitress. She said that sometimes it's good and sometimes it's tough, and we just got a bad batch. Complained to Eric the manager. He said the same, and the only way to solve it was to roll the pasta thiner or in his words "cook the crap out of it" but neither offered any compensation. Will post this on trip adviser and all other reviews so that visitors to Charleston will not get charged $30.00 ($15.00 each) for awful pasta that is served sometimes tough, and suppose to be wonderful. The customer gets tricked and deceived. Will post on national for our future group meetings, and told the concierges at the hotel.
- We were seated shortly afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008We were seated shortly after arriving, right on time with our reservations. We were, however very disappointed in our service. The waitress was not very pleasant. We had to wait several times for our drinks to be refilled. My husband enjoyed his dinner (steamed clams)but I was very disappointed with my choice. After reading so many rave reviews about the crab ravioli, I couldn't wait to try this dish. Unfortunately, the ravioli was hard and cold, as if it had been sitting for a while. The waitress seemed to disappear often and also neglected to tell us that the restaurant was out of their cheesecake until after we ordered it. Her attitude was negative, and because of this, we will not be returning.
- I took my mother to Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008I took my mother to Mother's Day brunch. Service was slow, even though our reservation was early [11:45] and when the eggs benedict arrived, poached eggs were hard cooked and spinach had not been drained prior to placing on muffin, saturating the muffin with water from spinach. Altogether not a good brunch and fairly pricey as well. We did not complain, as to to so would have made a bad situation worse. I believe I also witnessed a table walk out without service, probably due to the slowness of the service. On the plus side, the bread and grits were fabulous.
- Blossom's food never letsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2008Blossom's food never lets you down.....Great casual atmosphere, terrific menu and you must try their Bread Pudding Desert!!!Special Features:
- I love your Brunch!!! However,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2008I love your Brunch!!! However, the last 2 times I have ordered the tenderloin/grits/eggs? entre, either the steak was almost burned (ordered med rare) or the eggs were cooked through until they were tough and hard :( I asked once for the steak to be re-cooked and your response was great- no trouble!!! Service is your best category.But, I don't want to come back and feel like I complain all of the time. It's a shame, such a wonderful dish- I got the rest of my extended family hooked on it! Your restaraunt is wonderful.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I were inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2008My girlfriend and I were in Charleston for the weekend, and I needed a "special occasion" place for dinner on 3 May 2008. I hadn't been to Blossom before, but the menu looked great online, and upon our arrival I wasn't disappointed at all with the food or atmosphere. It set the mood perfectly for the rest of a romantic evening, and we'll be back next time we're in town. (Side note: the tomato butter sauce served with the salmon was fantastic.) Blossom is definitely a restaurant worth recommending.Special Features:
- Stephanie, our server, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008Stephanie, our server, was wonderful. We were looking for the best experience and she was honest and genuine with us. We would have been an easy upsell and instead of picking out the priciest on the menu she gave us her personal recommendations and made excellent choices. We could not have been more thrilled or had a better more relaxed, excellent dinner. Thank you.Special Features:
- This experience was a welcomeredcostaDined on 5/2/2008This experience was a welcome surprise; I expected great food and got even better. This has become one of my favorite restaurants. We shared 4 dishes - 2 dishes off the regular menu (tuna carpaccio and pan seared scallops) and 2 dishes off the special menu (wreckfish over an amazing risotto and snapper over tasty fresh corn, asparagus, tomatoes and white grits). All were fantastic, the pan seared scallops are not to be missed! Our waitress was extremely friendly and accommodating. We will definitely dine here again when we return to Charleston.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.MichaelDined on 4/29/2008Excellent dining experience. Food and service met my high standards. Great ambience as well.Special Features:
- We had a great time and willOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2008We had a great time and will be back! Crab Ravoli was awesome!Special Features:
- Food was delicious. Service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008Food was delicious. Service, while polite, was not particularly prompt (After waiting fifteen minutes beyond our reservation time, we had a twenty minute wait between placing drink orders and receiving drinks/having our meal order taken, prompting a complaint to the manager.) We felt as though perhaps we were dining on an off night for the kitchen and house.
- I loved the service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008I loved the service and the food only the air conditioner was very cold I asked to have them lower it but it kept coming on high.Special Features:
- Pizza appetizer was excellent.TXHAWKIDined on 4/25/2008Pizza appetizer was excellent. For first half of meal service was outstanding. Something happened after our dinner was served. Our waiter simply disappeared. Had to ask to have him come back for coffee, dessert and check. Very odd.Special Features:
- Stephanie hyatt was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2008Stephanie hyatt was fantastic. We sat on the patio and had it to ourselves most of the night and it was superb. Very attentive service but not overbearing. Great food and wine we had to share everything sos no one missed out. I will be back with family to try the dining again. I highly recommend more servers like Stephanie she was the perfect server for the night. We left wanting nothing. Not even dessert. Thank you.
- fish (wahoo) was over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/19/2008fish (wahoo) was over cooked for both of us! we generally love all of thier restuarants--this was our 1st sub par meal.Special Features:
- I have eaten lunch there severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2008I have eaten lunch there several times and it has always been a great experience!Special Features:
- I went with a colleague forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2008I went with a colleague for a business dinner while we were staying in Charleston. It was in a beautiful, safe part of the city and had ample nearby parking. The architectural details are beautiful: arched windows with a view of one of Charleston's church steeples, landscaping of the patio and stone wall in the back. The decor was relaxing and innovative. Our service was enthusiastic and knowledgeable, but after our entrees arrived, we didn't see our server much. The food was excellent: we both had fish specials with risotto and although extremely filling, we ate every morsel and found the dishes perfectly executed. My expectations were high, having dined at Magnolia's, but I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- service was very slow. weOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/13/2008service was very slow. we sat for 10 minutes or so before anyone acknowledged us. it was not busy. we had to ask repeatedly for bread. I paid $7 for 2 pancackes that were as thin as crepes. overall small portions and big prices plus lacking service. equals not good overall.
- One of our favorite CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2008One of our favorite Charleston restaurants for the past 12 years. Superior look/environment; service exceeds most in area. Noticed there was no pork or chicken entree. We will always make sure to stop into Blossom whenever we're in town.Special Features:
- We had brunch at Blossom andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008We had brunch at Blossom and sat in the garden. It was quite pleasant. The service was very good and the food was good. Would return!Special Features:
- The salads were exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008The salads were exceptional. Our entrees were average and somewhat bland. The wine list (by the glass) was extrememly lacking. Our server tried tirelessly to find wine that I would enjoy, since there was no pino grigio by the glass available. The air conditioning blew on us the entire meal. I had requested a romantic table and was very disappointed at our location. We were told that the booths were reserved for larger parties, yet on our way out, we notice a couple alone seated at a booth. We have dined at Magnolia's and loved it. We expected the same quality from Blossom and were disappointed. We would not return.
- fried oyster appertizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2008fried oyster appertizer was excellent, and service was great.Special Features:
- Excellent food @ a fair price.VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Excellent food @ a fair price.Very light dining area with lots of windows made the room seem larger than it is.Special Features:
- Noise level high. Crab cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Noise level high. Crab cake entree waws lukewarm. Service a bit slow at times, Still overall a good experience. Parking lot was also full-had to park in city garage.Special Features:
- It is one of my favorite CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2008It is one of my favorite Charleston restaurants, we've been going there for years. Never let us down. Great place for dinner out with the girls.Special Features:
- A great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008A great dining experience! Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic service, outstanding food! A true delight. We will definitely return to Blossom and highly recommend it to others!Special Features:
- The food was awesome as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2008The food was awesome as usual. We visit Blossom everytime we are in Charleston. This year it was for the bridge run. The wait was little it longer than the reservation was for however.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008This was my first visit to Blossom and it won't be the last. This was a wonderful dining experience and will recommed to friends and family.Special Features:
- We appreciate the extra touchesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008We appreciate the extra touches that were displayed to make our one year anniversary extra memorable (The card signed by the staff, a table set apart from the rest of the guests) The desserts at Blossom were amazing and we look forward to coming back and sharing the experience with others! Thanks, Danielle and FranklinSpecial Features:
- The meal was little off. MoreKimUDined on 3/14/2008The meal was little off. More ordiniary then fresh, unique and made that day. The menu is limited if you bring a group that dosen't like seafood. I will be need to evaluate the company I bring to this restuarant. Thanks,Special Features:
- We visited during the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/29/2008We visited during the Food and Wine festival. Outstanding service and great Menu. We will definitely visit Blossom again. Absolutely no complaint.Special Features:
- The food is always fantasticTraveladdictkcVIPDined on 9/30/2007The food is always fantastic no matter what I order. It has hands down become my new favorite restaurant in town.Special Features: