The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
8110 Camino Del Oro
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshoresrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8584560600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Daily): 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Lunch (Monday - Saturday): 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Brunch, a la carte (Sunday) 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Dinner (Nightly): 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Happy Hour (Monday - Friday): 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Shores Restaurant in La Jolla is perfect for special occasions and offers you and your guests the rare opportunity to dine on the beach. Located along the sands of La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with freshest ingredients in an unparalleled waterfront setting. For more information or to book your next special event, call (858) 551.4658 or email ShoresDining@TheShoresRestaurant.com today.
- Private Party Facilities: The Shores Restaurant puts you and your guests at the ocean’s edge. Located along the sands of beautiful La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with fresh ingredients in a one-of-a-kind waterfront setting.
Our culinary team will create the perfect menu to suit your event. Then, our full-service catering staff will carry out your ultimate vision to assist you in planning all the final details and finishing touches. The result - a gathering that is both delicious and breathtaking in every way.
Plan your next special event at the Shores Restaurant today: * Rehearsal Dinner * Graduations * Showers * Milestone Birthday or Anniversary * Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Private Party Contact: Amii Cambaliza 8584560600x
- Entertainment: Stunning ocean views of the La Jolla coastline.
- Special Events: The Shores Restaurant hosts a variety of events with special menus, including seasonal holiday menus. The Shores Restaurant’s spectacular oceanfront views, exemplary service, and outstanding wine list make for a dining experience you won’t soon forget. Be sure to try the monthly Sip & Savor menu, weekday Happy Hour, Divas that Drink wine special every Wednesday, and much more.
A word from The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
Welcome to beach dining – La Jolla style. Walk straight from the sand into The Shores Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy fantastic ocean views, our open-air patio, a casual ambiance with warm hospitality, and a family-friendly menu meant to please any kind of taste. A big part of the California lifestyle is beach-style dining. The Shores Restaurant is a perfect example with dishes designed by award-winning Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, nightly specials, and an a la carte Sunday Brunch, the delicious fare is complimented by unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, which run the length of the dining room and adjacent lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (60)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (20)special occasion (18)romantic (17)great for brunch (14)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- The regular menu is good --OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2008The regular menu is good -- but if you want exceptional food (at a great price), try one of their special menus. We were so pleased with the Wine and Chocolate Dinner -- the food was wonderful and the wine pairings really complemented every dish. While the decor of the restaurant is good -- it is the view that really makes the place. We can't wait to go back (would love to eat the Wine and Chocolate Dinner again :).Special Features:
- We asked for a table on theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2008We asked for a table on the patio and were given one, which was nice. The beach was very crowded the night we were there because of a biathlon that was being done, but that gave us a lot to look at and we watched the sun set over the Pacific which was really nice. The Kobe Top Sirloin was delicious, as was the chocolate mousse cake. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The Shore offered a specialAnneDDined on 7/12/2008The Shore offered a special "chocolate-themed" dinner with paired wines...unusual for them, so they deserve some credit. Food was very good (though they could have served half the quantity on each course). Wines pairings were changed and not for the better (in our opinion) -- wines were good, just paired strangely. The service was very attentive, but this place gets by on its location first, and I'm sure it's hard to be a fine restaurant when there are often kids, shorts and flipflop crowds to content with. View was great, fun to watch the kayakers, etc., but all the staff could use training in simple little improvements like how to ask before taking a plate, waiting until both diners are finished with a course, etc. Attentive, tho!Special Features:
- The Kobe Beef was incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2008The Kobe Beef was incredible and I have been telling all of my friends about it!Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Food was great, service was a bit slow, very busy night and the flow could have been better. Overall good experience and would go back.Special Features:
- service was terrible, we foundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2008service was terrible, we found that the quality of the food was not constant, we understand that SD´s restaurant week is a busy time but they should take greater care of "details".Special Features:
- The waiter was pretty inattentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2008The waiter was pretty inattentive, took over 15 minutes to take our order, and was not cordial at all. We had no silverware, and had to steal it from an adjoining table. All three courses took a looong time to show up. The entrees were surprisingly small, small portions. To top it all off, he gave us our check before our desserts had even showed up. Unreal. The only good things I can say are the view of the ocean is great, and my cut of steak was very good, and cooked perfectly to medium rare.Special Features:
- Our waiter Donovan neededOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Our waiter Donovan needed some help big time. Left us hanging on drinks for an hour. He had no personality, and in the middle of taking our order actually walked away. Another waiter came by because she noticed we were just sitting there with empty glasses and no food or drink for so long. No apology from the waiter, and he charged for every single drink for my pregnant wife that should have been free (shirley temples). The qty of food was very small, and the fish was overcooked to the point where we could not tell if the outside of the fish was burnt skin or just charred fish. Really bad, will never go again. Nice view was about it. Tried to have good attitude about it, but really, what a waste of money and time.Special Features:
- Unremarkable, disappointing. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Unremarkable, disappointing. My husband left his left his silk jacket at the table. When we went back to get it, they had given it to someone else! They had our information including my cell number. They should have called us immediately. They need to remodel and polish up their service.
- I went here for RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2008I went here for Restaurant Week. The food wasn't as spectacular as I would expect from a restaurant right on the beach. Crab cakes tasted and looked like they had canned crab and too much butter!! The dessert was also disappointing; I had the key lime tart that tasted and looked more like Lemon Meringue and also seemed store bought.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.mkjofdmDined on 6/25/2008Everything was wonderful. But, while at the dinner on on Wednesday saw a marketing poster about a July 5th wine dinner and other special july event dinners. Called on saturday to reserve for 4 and the person that answered the phone said it was cancelled, didn't know why, and didn't know whether any of the other special event dinners would occur. Seemed pretty disinterested. Tooo bad.Special Features:
- We had to wait too long forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2008We had to wait too long for our check. No offer of coffee. No checking in to see if we needed anything. No check. Just 45 minutes of us wondering when you'd come back. And just apologize and get our check when we say we've been waiting - don't tell us that we should have talked to someone! We shouldn't be expected to wander around looking for the bill - no one else had to! It was our one-year wedding anniversary that night - the sad thing is that my wedding reception was AT THE SHORES RESTAURANT! But the wait for our check at the restaurant that night was so egregious that my wife refuses to ever go back. She won't even go to remember her own wedding! So thanks for that, Shores Restaurant. You just lost a guaranteed repeat customer.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2008Everything was wonderful about The Shores Restaurant. We were in town for a convention and was very happy that we could partake in the San Diego Restaurant week. I would definetly come back to eat here when I am in the San Diego area. Thanks! Vicki GoforthSpecial Features:
- A lovely start to our restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2008A lovely start to our restaurant week in San Diego. Beautiful ocean front patio. The crab cake and filet mignon were delicious. Service was a bit spotty with bread not served until appetizers were already delivered and not being resilvered before entree course arrived. But overall a very pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Went the The Shores RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/22/2008Went the The Shores Restaurant for Restaurant Week. Everything was outstanding as always, even for Restaurant Week. Will be back!Special Features:
- It has great views. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2008It has great views. The food is awesome.Not out of budget for great quality food.Special Features:
- Our dual birthday luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2008Our dual birthday luncheon was a wonderful experience and we thank the restaurant and our server, Yuan, for exceptional service. He was great. The food was absolutely delicious. We will come back again. I can't wait to take my husband there for dinner.Special Features:
- Ver good meal with great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2008Ver good meal with great service. Wonderful ocean views.Special Features:
- The view is fantastic. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2008The view is fantastic. I was seated right next to a window with a view of the ocean. The decor of the restaurant is beautiful, and so is the hotel itself. Very elegant, but unpretentious and comfortable. I look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Beautiful views - right onGabbieDined on 5/26/2008Beautiful views - right on the ocean in La Jolla Shores. Food was exceptionally good for a hotel dining room. Hotel is being renovated and I'm sure the dining room will be too as it is a bit outdated and needs sprucing up, it it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- The mothers day brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008The mothers day brunch buffet was fair. For the $46 per person price, the food quality was fair and the choices very 'dated' (as is the decor). Would not recommend this restaurant unless you already have plans to be at the beach and want a convenient place to eat that is not fast food. it is located steps from the beach and has great ocean views.Special Features:
- It was horrible! Expensive,JNixVIPDined on 5/11/2008It was horrible! Expensive, which we new that, but everything was spend out for the brunch in different rooms. A lot walking before you got back to your table, food was cold by then. Breakfest section, was just omelets, not much to pick to put in your omelet. Where was the scambled eggs or sausage or bacon,potatoes,etc... My husband was very upset to pay for this bill. We had 5 people in our group, all were very unhappy. Service was not good, water glasses were always empty, etc. Bill was $256.00, not worth it at all. Brunch was $46.00 a piece, not worth it. Only thing that was nice was the view. Mrs. Janet NixSpecial Features:
- TOO MANY KIDS Service wasCatscanmanDined on 5/3/2008TOO MANY KIDS Service was just ok, server had too many tables and was too busy or not taught well enough to make menu suggestions..she was too hurried. I learned of suggested desserts from listening to the waiter 2 tables over.Special Features:
- we loved our waitress, sheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008we loved our waitress, she was outstanding, very "on top" of things...and i think even when a dining experience goes terribly wrong, an exceptional server makes up for it...our dining experience did NOT go terribly wrong, it was comfortable, i LOVED that the kids menu had healthy choices like salmon, and they devoured it saying it was delicious! shores has always been a restaurant we can count on and the view is one of the best! thanks!Special Features:
- Went to the Shores resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/30/2008Went to the Shores resturant this time specifically to try their Seasonal Taste Menu which serves 2~3 courses for less than $20. I was pleased with the food that we got for that price, and the service was great, even though we didn't spend a fourtune, we still got great service. As for the food itself in this category resturant, the regular menu price (I've ate here before) is about average. However, the view is wonderful. Definately a place to return.Special Features:
- Food, service, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008Food, service, and atmosphere were great. The setting sun over the Pacific Ocean made the moment even better.Special Features:
- Fine cuisine, though my omeletteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Fine cuisine, though my omelette was barely warm. Reasonable prices - good value! Easy & convenient parking.Special Features:
- I was unfortunately very disappointValMomDined on 3/23/2008I was unfortunately very disappointed with this restaurant. From checking in (when I mentioned it was an opentable reservation, and not being acknowledged so). A guest before me may have been seated before us. The bathrooms were shoddy for the $ we were paying, definitely needs new paint. The booth was not cleaned completely before we came. We should have been told where the buffet tables were as we only went to the section right by us and were full by the time we asked and were told that there was another section on the other side. Am a family friend of Chef Bernard, but didn't want to mention to him how disappointed I was. Way too much money for the experience I had. I'm glad parking was reimbursed though. The view was beautifulSpecial Features:
- They put all the larger partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008They put all the larger parties (we were 7) in a separate room. I'd booked for the view and if I'd know we were going to be put in the back room, I'd have gone elsewhere.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Easter Brunch,FoodieDined on 3/23/2008We enjoyed the Easter Brunch, which was out of this world. The food was all prepared to perfection, extremely creative, hot (where required), and chafers kept full at all times so waiting was never an issue. The selections were immense, including a kids buffet, so there was something for every pallet. They added little chocolate foil covered Easter eggs around the buffet for an added touch. The service was prompt. This was a great find, and we certainly will be going back another time!Special Features:
- The food was fine for a buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/23/2008The food was fine for a buffet and they gave us a great window table overlooking the beach. The service however was horrible. The waiter didn't fill my water once, took my fork and didn't give me a new one, and gave us the check when we were still in the middle of eating. To make matters worse after he ran my credit card, the waiter had the audacity to write in an 18% tip on my credit card slip. (Why didn't he just go ahead and sign it for me while he was at it?) We were a party of 2 and I wasn't aware of an automatic 18% gratuity -- it wasn't disclosed on the buffet menu. Plus, it was a buffet so an 18% gratuity seemed a little excessive. So in conclusion I'd say that the food and ambiance was fine but the service was subpar.Special Features:
- The food in general was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2008The food in general was good specially the beef and lamb station even though it was a long walk from our table. The service is cafe style which means "poor". The setting is nice because your in front of the ocean but cafeteria style. I would go back for the food but not the service.Special Features:
- My request for a table nearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008My request for a table near the ocean was fulfilled & the view was excellent. The service was unbelievably slow.The waiters were very off-hand. The menu sounded appealing but the food did not meet the description or the standard I was expecting. My salmon was over cooked & was supposed to have a nut coating; only afterwards did I realised that the nut coating was missing! There was a taste of uncooked curry powder/cumin which was most unpleasant. The flavors seemed to "clash." We left without desert or coffee & I chewed 3 sticks of gum to remove the taste from my mouth. A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT - I WILL NOT GO BACK THERE AGAIN!Special Features:
- I brought in a cake for theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008I brought in a cake for the birthday dessert because none was available through the restaurant. To my shock I was charged an $8.00 cake cutting fee that I was not informed would be assessed when I asked if we could bring it in. There were 4 of us and none of the menu desserts were appropriate for a birthday. We ordered the tasting menu which included dessert but without asking, our waiter brought out the lemon tarts and neglected to bring out the cake until I prompted him. The cake was no longer a surprise and I obviously wanted it served. Logic whould have told him to box the other desserts and (given his faux pax) to delete the cake cutting charge. We had an mid week,early reservation so being busy can't be used as an excuse.Special Features:
- We took a bunch of businessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/18/2008We took a bunch of business visitors out to "The Shores Resturant" for dinner. The food was very good, and Ambiance was definetely great, and the view of the ocean was worth a million dollars. Our guest loved the view of the sunset, and they enjoyed the food very much. This is my first time at The Shores Resturant, but definetely won't be my last.Special Features:
- The 3 course special broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2008The 3 course special brought us to the restaurant...I had always wanted to eat there. The food was great even if the portion were on the skimpy side. I would recommend The Shores to everyone. Chris Heise party of 4Special Features:
- The service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2008The service was extremely slow and it almost felt like the server forgot about us or the kitchen was backed up. Everyone around us was served first even though they were seated long after us. We actually had a waitperson deliver our desserts before we even received our main entrees. Once we finished the entrees, we had to ask for the desserts again because they did not arrive in a timely manner. We ordered off of the early prefixe menu and my husband and I thought the food was OK, but not memorable. The view was gorgeous as always.Special Features: