2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: 9195422121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (64)great for outdoor dining (56)great for brunch (51)special occasion (42)scenic view (38)good for groups (34)romantic (25)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014We dined on: Salmon, Mahi Mahi, Cornish Hen, Meatloaf. All delicious with a beautiful presentation. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SATURDAY PANICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014UNEXPECTED GUESTS ARRIVE FROM COLORADO. WHAT TO DO? SATURDAY MORNING, MAKE INTERNET RESERVATIONS AT THE GRANARY. LUNCH AND ENJOYABLE AFTERNOON WANDERING THROUGH GARDENS, SHOPS AND THE FABULOUS BOOK STORE! PROBLEM SOLVED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014A great casual spot on the grounds of an oasis of relaxation and pampering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serious foodiGrandpabDined on 4/27/2014We loved it Going back for mothers day.They placed us in a perfect setting for the grand kids and service was the best I've seen a whileSpecial Features:
- Always a good choiceHungryHeartDined on 4/27/2014I know the Granary well. The food gets better and better. I brought out of. town visitors and they swerve delighted with everything. It made for a lovely day.Special Features:
- Good DaycationrodADined on 4/26/2014Wife and I came here from Raleigh for a daycation. We enjoyed the food and the environmentSpecial Features:
- Saturday LunchTriangleDiningDined on 4/25/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable and candid regarding the menu items. Fried oyster salad was excellent as was the roasted beet salad. Unfortunately, the Granary continues to serve bread that is not warm and butter that is cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and interesting foodBillnBethDined on 4/25/2014We stopped in for dinner last Friday on a whim, and loved the place. It is not too large and the ambiance is very nice; just loud enough to be festive. The wait staff were busy, but very attentive. Side salads with the meal were simple and fresh. I had the fried chicken and it was original and outstanding: freshly fried boneless breast pieces with greens on the side and probably the best mac and cheese (which I do not usually like) that I have ever had. My wife had home-made pasta with meat sauce made from short ribs: very interesting and delicious. The portions were good size for a reasonable, but not inexpensive, price. The draft beer and wine list were both excellent. We will definitely plan to meet friends there in the future!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor terraceLuvgoodeatsDined on 4/24/2014We ate outdoors and that was nice. My companions had the shrimp & grits which they like. I had the hanger steak which was tough, though the vegetables were well prepared.Special Features:
- golfs2sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Several unusual items on the menu that make it an interesting place for my wife and I to dine. Good variety of beer and wine. Prices are reasonable. The waiter was professional in his delivery, but last night had perhaps more tables to cover than he should...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Easter Brunch at the Granary! Food and service were excellent! We ate on the main floor and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!GriffithCashVIPDined on 4/18/2014We are regulars, but it is so nice to bring out of town guests here. They love seeing the Belties and exploring the Village. And then the menu offers a great variety so everyone is happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday brunchenjoyDined on 4/13/2014We celebrated an adult's birthday with brunch in this quiet, scenic setting. The food was excellent (oyster salad, goat cheese souffle, shrimp and grits, and yummy homemade biscuits) and then walked around the Fearrington gardens, which are really something special. It's worth the drive. We've taken out of town guests here often and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in casual settingCLZZDined on 4/5/2014First time at the Granary. Great way to enjoy gourmet food without getting dressed up. Comfortable, relaxed setting with wonderful food, great service. Our table even overlooked the cows! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Dining experience was lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Dining experience was lovely and the food outstanding as always! Food choices were so memorable that we are trying to duplicate at home!!!!!!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesThePricesDined on 4/5/2014Not many eating establishments like this around, where you feel like it's more than a restaurant...but an experience. Hit the beautiful quaint bookstore first, another thing that is a dying breed and takes you back to a time before smart phones and iPads. Food was fantastic as well and fitted the atmosphere. Some of the best lamb and Mahi Mahi you will find with sides that are simple and delicious. If you are looking for simply good food made with fresh ingredients with great service, visit this place. I can't say enough how it's a dining experience that takes you back to a time before big chains that usher you in and out focused more on quantity rather than quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014The surrounding area was well landscaped and cozy; interior was clean, quaint and nicely decorated. The bathroom was clean and pretty. The waiter was pleasant and responsive, but lacked charisma. My entree (goat cheese soufflé) was delicious but overpriced considering the tiny portion size. The table was cramped and the chair was hard, but both were very attractive. Overall, I will return, mainly for the atmosphere and location, but not the best restaurant ever. Good, but not "wow".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB fish and chips withButterdishDined on 3/31/2014SUPERB fish and chips with peas! Excellent service in a relaxed venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular brunch, as alwayswineandineVIPDined on 3/30/2014Fearrington Granary hits the spot every time in taste, service, and hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I did not enjoy myself at all i felt judged and poorly taken care of. I should recommend this restaurant for someone like my high-class grandparents.Special Features:
- Outstanding!wineandineVIPDined on 3/23/2014Great food with locally sourced ingredients - couldn't be better. Couple that with friendly hospitality and beautiful rural surroundings and Fearrington Granary is a real winner. Love eating there!Special Features:
- okneveDined on 3/22/2014Food was ok, but I expected excellence based on other reviews. Expected it to be expensive and it was. Kids got bad fruit and when I told the server he just said sorry for that. Very quiet. Great view.Special Features:
- Good foodlisa10VIPDined on 3/21/2014We had a very good meal at The Granary. It was very casual and had great service. The view of the cows in the field was also nice. We ate upstairs which was definitely quieter than the downstairs bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued successCHillMomDined on 3/19/2014We frequent The Granary and are always happy with the level of service, and quality of food. The staff is always accommodating/patient with our three girls and we love eating out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious beet and watercress saladwineandineVIPDined on 3/18/2014Unusual and delicious dishes throughout the menu - all winners! Particularly enjoyed the twice baked goat cheese souffle and the Cornish hen.Special Features:
- Favorite SpotwineandineVIPDined on 3/16/2014Brunch is always delicious. Service and hospitality is exceptional.Special Features:
- GranaryDrGwilVIPDined on 3/12/2014An outstanding choice for lunch or dinner. Friendly staff, first rate food, reasonable prices, and good wine list. On occasion there may be a delay for drink orders if they run out, and they have to get new supply from the adjacent Fearrington House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbor hood eatery..HappyDined on 3/12/2014Good neighbor hood eatery.. Food good . Service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful GardenmadjacDined on 3/11/2014Always enjoyable! And there is always something interesting on the menu, but the menu changed for this visit, fewer choices and our favorite chicken salad was gone. We liked the option of ordering several sides. But menus should change and the food is always good and the service is excellent. An enjoyable, elegant option for brunch, lunch and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouswineandineVIPDined on 3/10/2014Always delicious food. Always hospitable. Unique flavors. Interesting wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchJulesDined on 3/2/2014We brought a visitor from the UK. He was really impressed with the food, the ambience and the location in the village. Great brunch special with scrambled egg, fried green tomatoes and crab hollandaise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with excellent serviceWigglyWaggly1Dined on 2/28/2014This is a hidden gem. Very reasonable prices, great food, spectacular service and excellent selection of craft beer. Sit downstairs for a much better experience. You get all the bang of the fearrington experience at a significantly reduced price. One of our favs for a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderfulGlassHalfFullVIPDined on 2/26/2014Have been here several times and enjoyed it, but this time the dinner unusually good. Beet salad and spareribs for starters were both marvelous. Lamb and meatloaf both hit the high mark. And the red cabbage that came with the meatloaf was superb. Paired with some good wines, we both enjoyed the evening thoroughly.Special Features:
- The Granary fits the billlikelunchoutDined on 2/26/2014Lovely spot to meet friends for a leisurely lunch -- good "half way" restaurant between Durham & Southern Pines. The food was excellent, wait staff most attentive, and peaceful setting for the 3-hour lunch we enjoyed recently. The staff makes every effort to insure that diners have a wonderful experience in their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitors from afarOutforbrunchDined on 2/23/2014Our Colorado visitors loved watching the other visitors who came for the Folk Art Festival. The weather was perfect. We were on our way to brunch, so proceeded to the Granary. We arrived on time (had a reservation) and were escorted upstairs to a table for four. Our waitress Wendy was exceptionally knowledgable and efficient. She made our dining experience very pleasant. We would recommend the Granary to anyone who wants to relax and have a lovely brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, although somewhat limited,DurhamNewbieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Tasty, although somewhat limited, menu... (The ambience could do with a bit of improvement. The wait staff generally were friendly, but somewhat variable in attentiveness.) Nice people, and good food; but room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014If we lived closer would eat there on a weekly basis The staff is attentive without being overbearing The food is freshly prepared and were very pleased with our selections Glad we had reservations for lunch others were being told a 1 hour plus waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasant setting...servicechathamfoodiesDined on 2/18/2014Always pleasant setting...service is great...food is as expected but not outstanding. Best fries and soups always....wine/bear selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchwineandineVIPDined on 2/16/2014Every bite was delicious; exceeded expectations in every way!Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchSilkHopeFoodiesDined on 2/16/2014This was a delightful spot to have brunch with friends. The food and service were great. The goat cheese soufflé and fried oyster salad were superb! Tasty bloody Mary's and refreshing Mimosa's topped things off. The only drawback was the noise level which was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.