2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: 9195422121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (64)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (52)special occasion (42)scenic view (38)good for groups (34)romantic (24)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- MonaDined on 7/22/2014Great food, location and atmosphere. Service and food selections are great and service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticellenDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent and service terrific. I would recommend anyone to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice overall, food is inconsistentFrankDined on 7/18/2014We eat here quite a bit and do like the Granary. But the food has been hit or miss. We've had a lot of really good dishes and some not so good. Last time my wife ordered the Chicken Carbonara and they forgot the chicken. They rectified it and it was very good then. The Bedford Burger is excellent. The atmosphere is nice and the service has always been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VowdoctorDined on 7/16/2014Great waiter. Great food. Great experience. We felt like ewe were away from the world. It was like we were in space and no one else was around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rvadinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our server wasn't very attentive, which detracted from our otherwise delicious and pleasant brunch at The Granary. We had to ask other restaurant staff to summon our server to take our orders after waiting for him to appear. He never told us about the specials, so we assumed there weren't any. This is the first time we've experienced poor service at The Granary, so perhaps the guy was just having a really bad day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice setting for a family dinnerMadwomanDined on 7/12/2014We had a nice evening at the Granary. The fried chicken, lobster and risotto, and shrimp & grits were delicious, but the meatloaf was disappointing. The waiter, Cody, was attentive and helpful. We are considering retiring in Fearrington Village in a few years and the Granary would be a nice neighborhood bistro for weekly family dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tale of Two GranariesHinsonDined on 7/11/2014The service and food were great. However, when you walk upstairs you fee like you enter a time warp. We were there for a special occasion. We entered into a festive atmosphere which was what we were looking for during our first nights stay at the Inn. Our host then led us up to an upstairs area which was very quiet and tucked away. To be fair, I told them we were celebrating our anniversary, so maybe they were trying to provide a more intimate setting. The decor in the upstairs area was also very dated, no music for ambience, etc., it just felt very stale and boring. We really enjoyed the food and everyone was super friendly, but the whole time we felt like going back downstairs to join the party we could hear we were missing. :-)
- I wish it was betterTomaDined on 7/9/2014I live in Fearrington and came here often when we first moved here and tried most of the dishes. Unfortunately the food is boring like hospital food. I check back every once in a while in the hope that the food has improved a bit. Not yet.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Our meal, service, and overall experience were excellent, as usual! Congratulations to Phillip and the entire staff at The Granary for creating and maintaining such a wonderfully consistent, friendly, and delicious dining experience - whether brunch, lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Service?DukeprofDined on 7/4/2014Do wait staff no longer check by their tables to be of service: for instance to provide water and beverage re-fills; inquire about dessert , and finally provide our check. We were basically ignored once our order was taken--thank goodness there was a kind hostess or we would never have gotten the little service we received--a $100+ check for 4 deserves better.
- Always satisfiesElanaDined on 7/4/2014Living in Fearrington Village, I often dine at the Granary and am always happy with the experience. This 4th of July I saw that several intriguing dishes have been added to the slowly changing menu, which benefits from the influence of the 5-star Fearrington Inn. The service is not the most professional, but always helpful and friendly. The ambience is fresh and cheerful. Worth coming back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionluvdine3941Dined on 6/28/2014We went to celebrate an Anniversary and were not disappointed. Everything was very good. We enjoyed the meal, the server was very attentive. The noise level was the only thing that could have been better. We recently moved here from NJ and this will be a Restaurant that we will definitely be returning to for dining.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014Just moved to Fearrington Village and have eaten at The Granary three times. All meals have been consistently very good. This last time we took friends from Raleigh and all had a very good dining experience. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 847 reviews are from the Fearrington Granary reviews archive.
- VERY SLOW BRUNCH SERVICERalphDined on 6/22/2014VERY SLOW BRUNCH SERVICE (NOT FOR THE ORDER BUT FOR THE FOOD) - AT 12:30 P.M.
- Excellent at moderate costOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Service and food were excellent. Wondered about bringing a 3 year old; there were other young children there (5:30 PM) and restaurant was excellent providing a child's menu and accommodations for children. Good wine list and full bar for adults. Woild highly recommend for excellent casual dining.Special Features:
- Fearrington GranaryOreosDined on 6/21/2014Fearrington Granary is a great place to share a meal with good friends. The menu is surprisingly unique, and one can enjoy a nice conversation without having to compete with restaurant noise. Presentation is part of the charm of The Granary, as well as excellent service. I recommend it to all who are looking for a special place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great butternut squash soupWoodsyDined on 6/18/2014The Granary has a great squash soup, wonderful salads, and a tasty goat cheese soufflé. Plus, it's large enough and quiet enough where one can have a conversation without having to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchNomnomnom123Dined on 6/15/2014Only place we could find in the area that could accommodate 9 for a Father's Day brunch. The food was awesome and made the drive out there from Cary Raleigh and Durham worth it. No one was disappointed by there food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent reservation system. Food was a bit too salty. Service was slow. Soups and salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TableVikingDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant is located within a village of small shops, including a wonderful bookstore. The landscaping is beautiful. The tomatoes in the BLT tasted like summer.Special Features:
- lovesfoodVIPDined on 6/9/2014food does not compare to other property restaurant - Fearrington House Restaurant. too salty!
- josieDined on 6/5/2014I was there with 3 adults and 3 children, ages 4 to 10. The restaurant was great with the kids, although the sandwiches on the children's menu were made with the same bread as sandwiches on the regular menu. The slices were really too large and thick for kids, but they seemed to like to food. I certainly liked mine. The menu is varied, with unusual items along with those frequently encountered. Ambiance is very pleasant and the staff was great.Special Features:
- A Fan, ButFVDINERDined on 6/1/2014I have been visiting this restaurant for more than 15 years so I have seen many iterations and this is probably the best in terms of menu and ambience. However, in all those years, I have always had the feeling that it was somewhat understaffed. The services was sometimes slow not because the wait staff was inattentive but because it was rushed. The same is also true now for the bar, which is a great addition and I have enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GranneryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Service and server on recent visit to Grannery was absolutely not up to Fearrington standards that we have been accustomed to over the years. Very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargaretDined on 6/1/2014Love overall ambiance of Fearrington Village and this restaurant fits right in. The food was good but not great. Our server was not up to expectations. Had to ask multiple times for anything we needed. I will come back to try again. This may have just been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014over priced--way out of line over priced--way out of line over priced--way out of line
- Delicious FoodSunnyElfDined on 6/1/2014We ate brunch at Fearrington Granary and loved it as we always do. The downstairs dining area is open and airy with views of the gardens; the food is beautifully prepared and delicious and healthy, with very fresh ingredients. The coffee is great. The person who served us was genuine, smart and efficient. We enjoyed wandering through Fearrington Village and the gardens after brunch (as always).Special Features:
- Great place for quiet diningSealeafDined on 5/31/2014Fearrington Granary is a great place on the second floor for a great dining experience. The portions were excellent; the service as well. Menu changes could happen more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th AnniversaryEmptyNestDined on 5/26/2014We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary at the Granary. Since it was Memorial Day and we ate early, it was quiet, but it was just right for us. The food was excellent - although the menu is limited. I highly recommend the Shrimp and Grits and the Salmon. The service was great. Several people enjoyed the outdoor dining. The regular dining room is small, but there were other rooms for groups. The scenery from the windows was pastoral and calming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentRyan12Dined on 5/23/2014We were shocked at quality and presentation of our meal. Additionally, our waiter was a disaster. Having eaten at the Fearrington Inn, also on the property and quite the opposite experience, we could not have been more disappointed. A terrible waste of $80. They offered to comp our meal...the next time we come in.
- Fearrington Granaryluv2dineDined on 5/20/2014We met friends we hadn't seen in 18 years for lunch and what a lunch it was! We had attentive but not intrusive service and sat comfortably outside for 3 1/2 hours and caught up. We all had good experiences with the menu.Special Features:
- Room for Improvementluv2dineDined on 5/17/2014Restrooms were a mess. One of our guests fell on the brick walkway and all they offered her was a plastic bag with ice!
- Delish!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Beautiful upscale pub food in the beautiful fearrington complex. Outstanding service, good menu, and excellent execution Highly recommend for those looking for a little sophistication without the long draw out dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKittyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We really enjoyed out dinner at the Granary. We had had lunch there previously. Our entrees were exceptional. We will definitely be back. Half price bottles of wine on Mondays are also great.Special Features:
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We took our family including two boys (3 year and 1 year old) for an early lunch (11:30am), on arriving the restaurant staff were still preparing to open so were a little unprepared for us, however once we were seated the service was prompt, professional and efficient, our server was attentive and responsive. Food was also excellent and enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dine!JimCinDined on 5/11/2014The Fearrington Granary is that special place for any occasion! Whether it be brunch at the corner table by the window, lunch with friends while enjoying the many things Fearington Village has to offer, or a romantic dinner with that special someone, the Granary is one of the best in the area. We love the food! We love the atmosphere and above all, we love the great service we get from the staff. The Granary is at the top of our list when we choose to dine out. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Praise for the Granarymdg1Dined on 5/9/2014Wonderful meal for 5 to kick off graduation weekend at UNC-CH. The night was pleasant enough to dine outside and enjoy patio with family and friendsSpecial Features:
- May 9thMargaretMaryVIPDined on 5/9/2014I've dined at Fearrington Granary a few times, overall good experiences - food, service and ambience. My entree, linguini chicken carbonara, had a tiny bone in it. While the waiter was pouring water, I showed him the bone. He took away the plate, fork and knife with apologies. I had no water and no utensils and when the maitre d' came to apologize, I asked for a fork so I could share some of my dining companions' food. He never returned with a fork, the waiter did not return with water. They offered dessert for my inconvenience and took the linguini off the bill. It was handled fairly and my companions were satisfied with their entrees.Special Features:
- 201311ReviewDined on 5/7/2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014We dined on: Salmon, Mahi Mahi, Cornish Hen, Meatloaf. All delicious with a beautiful presentation. Impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.