2000 Fearrington Village
Pittsboro, NC 27312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fearringtongranary.com/
- Phone: 9195422121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Bedford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fearrington Granary provides a wonderful, eclectic venue for dining, dancing and celebrating southern weddings and rehearsal dinners. The Old Granary offers your choice of any of our menus from a gourmet seated dinner, festive outdoor barbeque, or an elegant hors d'oeuvres reception. Breathtaking views of the gardens and belted cows add to the romance of this unique venue. Large groups are offered exclusive use of the Fearrington Granary allowing you to take advantage of the many options including the trellised patio, large dance-floor, and elegantly decorated dining rooms.
The restaurant's open plan offers several different dining rooms and also a great outdoor patio and dining area for events large and small. The Fearrington Granary accommodates up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jansen van Rensburg 9195422121x333
- Special Events: The Fearrington Granary is the perfect venue for any type of special event. From Bridal Showers & Anniversary Parties to Rehearsal Dinners or casual BBQ get togethers, the Fearrington Granary is the ideal location for any celebration.
A word from Fearrington Granary
A full-service restaurant, the Fearrington Granary is the perfect spot to enjoy fresh creative cuisine in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Executive Chef Colin Bedford's Contemporary American menus feature a delightful selection of salads, entrees, items from the grill and desserts. This vibrant restaurant provides seating on various levels with views of the charming village shops, surrounding gardens, and the rolling pastures filled with Belted Galloway Cows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fearrington Granary - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Fearrington Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (72)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (53)special occasion (42)scenic view (38)good for groups (35)romantic (24)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (21)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- expensive and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014we were two couples who eat out a lot, and all agree that it was a disappointing even aggravating experience. The menu was adequate to good with a variety of selections of appetizers and entrees. Our wait was cordial and helpful with selections, but did seem to push choices as if to run up the bill. The wait for selections was long and we seemed to be forgotten after we ordered. Overall our experience was heavily influenced by the poor and slow service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014One of our local favorites. Interesting menu and good, affordable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love The Granery!!SharonDined on 10/3/2014We absolutely love The Granery. Great food and great service. We would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis in the Desert1opinionDined on 10/2/2014The Granary is located in a cozy village and full of friendly people. In the 'fast food desert' in which it is located, it is an oasis indeed. There are few small, cozy, interesting restaurants with healthy food on this stretch of highway 15/501.Special Features:
- Seasonal and PerfectendorphinjunkieDined on 9/29/2014The food we ordered was seasonal and prepared beautifully. We ordered the beet salad with mushroom soup and meatloaf. Everyone was satisfied with both the quality and quantity of the food ordered.Special Features:
- Always exceptional in every wayFL32963Dined on 9/27/2014Another delicious dinner at the Granary Restaurant. We dine here regularly and always find the food, service and ambiance exceptional. This time we had a family dinner and everyone had a great time and enjoyed their dinners. Thanks to everyone at the Granary!Special Features:
- Awesome!hungryVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great lunch at Fearrington, food was spot on, fresh greens, butternut squash soup was incredible! Open face steak sandwich cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Martha Gradisher-KrancegranarygobblerDined on 9/19/2014We had a GREAT time celebrating our anniversary there. The food was just terrrific, perfectly prepared, and handsomely presented by the chef. Our waiter was knowledgeable and witty. For once I ate everything on my plate, AND ordered dessert which was equally as sumptious.Special Features:
- grevinVIPDined on 9/18/2014really great food and a nice price. The manager Phillip is very attentive as well... he know how to make you feel comfortable and welcome.Special Features:
- Salmon - yumFoodieDined on 9/17/2014Our salmon was cooked perfectly. The accompaniment of the small beats, potatoes and onions with a delightful light sauce was just a perfect light meal.Special Features:
- A fabulous dinnerAnightoutDined on 9/13/2014Able to get a reservation the day before when the Restaurant at the Fearrington Inn was booked. Food was great. Sommelier was helpful, wine paired perfectly. Delighted to find out about this gem. Will be back.Special Features:
- GranaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014I love the Granary for lunch or brunch. This was the first time we went for dinner. The menu is very limited for vegetarians. Only one entree- salmon. Other things that might have been vegetarian were made with chicken broth or had meat in them. The atmosphere is good and it is a great place in terms of service, setting, and low level of noise. The meat eaters were pleased with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great loc and service,good foodRayCVIPDined on 9/10/2014First time to Fearrington Village and ate at The Granary.Driving there via backroads was beautiful.Walked around the village,it was relaxing and enjoyable.The dinner service was exceptional.The atmosphere was relaxing and fun. We were excited with our order Roasted Chicken w/Chicken Confit and Roasted Salmon with Potato Salad w/Sugar Snap,Beet,Carrot Salad,Zucchini.Were somewhat disappointed with both as they were EXTREMELY rich,tasted as if LOADED with butter.The heavy taste of butter was over the top.The preparation and taste would have been wonderful.We also had Roasted pepper soup that was amazing and a Vichyssoise soup that was just good.Overall,enjoyable.Next time we'll be extremely careful on ordering for not so heavy dishes.Special Features:
- Hanger steak was greatLindaDined on 9/9/2014I almost always enjoy the Granary with its low key atmosphere and friendly service. Tried the hanger steak and found it delicious.Special Features:
- Fitting for VillageNanaDined on 9/7/2014Love eating here. Village is fun, and Granary gives nice place to meet and eat. Food presentation is always nice, and choices varied. A very nice addition to Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFriendDined on 9/7/2014As always, the meal was divine. We stayed for a nice long chat and our server was attentive and friendly throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious burgers and fun spotRMMLDined on 9/6/2014We went for dinner and loved our burgers. They were phenomenal and perfectly done - one of the best we've had! Great ambiance, beautiful setting, and a great place to walk around afterwards. Service was a little slow, but thankfully the character of the place made up for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food in Beautiful SettingChathamRootsDined on 9/5/2014While everything we've had has been wonderful, standouts include the Mussels, Slider Trio, Goat Cheese Souffle, and, of course, the Truffle Fries! Service is welcoming and thoughtful. The interior is beautiful, and on nice days, sitting outside surrounded by gardens can't be beat! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and huge pricesErshar11Dined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was very nice but she clearly exaggerated the size of the portions. My "huge" fried chicken plate had 2 very small pieces, about 4 oz each, a tiny amount of broccoli ni and a little mac and cheese. The food is excellent but $22 for that meal was a bit exorbitant.Special Features:
- great findwendleDined on 9/2/2014the chef accommodated special dietary concern. everyone was attentive (but not too much), and very friendly. food was excellent and nicely prepared. good selection of entrees. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNaomilDined on 8/31/2014We have enjoyed eating at the Granary several times and decided to return this weekend as we had enjoyed it a great deal last year for our double birthday celebration. This year the food was mediocre, the service brusque and worst, we were told the lattes were undrinkable. Not exactly a recommendation. I had mentioned on my reservation that this was a birthday celebration but we were offered no special dessert. In fact there were only two desserts available (Aside from the sorbet and ice cream.) We tried the sorbet and it had lumps of ice in it....not what I expect. I don't know what was going on last Sunday but I think they need to up their game.
- Granary ReviewSusieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've eaten here several times and enjoyed it every time. There are a variety of choices on the menu whether you are celebrating an important event or want a quick snack. Everything I've eaten was terrific and of the highest quality. The Granary is a special benefit of living in Fearrington Village.Special Features:
- Outstanding food but much too noisyncgambistDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented, but the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Terrific BrunchNeuroMitchVIPDined on 8/24/2014The shrimp and grits at Crook's has always been the gold standard in this area, but Granary is in the running. A terrifically zingy version of this classic dish. Fried chicken and waffles...truly a great blending of breakfast and luncheon fare. Delicious food in a beautiful setting. A great Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Great occasional family dinning,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Ambience is wonderful. Menu provides variety of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food too richLindaDined on 8/23/2014I have always loved the Granary for its good food and ambiance, but recently I am finding the food too rich. I couldn't finish my meatloaf and red cabbage during my most recent visit because of the fat overload. My husband felt the same about his shrimp and grits. I think the quality is getting a little spotty. My friend's salad looked a little wilted from across the table and on this particular night I got some bread that didn't seem fresh. However, the service is friendly and helpful. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service matters hereVforvDined on 8/22/2014Our server Jennifer was excellent. The staff overall was very accommodating. We arrived after a storm but they honored our request to sit on the patio and set it up again just for us. Our server Jennifer was highly attentive and professional. Food is always good and sometimes extraordinary. Our favorite close to eat spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodislovefoodisloveDined on 8/22/2014We just moved to the area from southern CT and my husband is a serious foodie so exploring options is serious business! We wanted to stay local to Chapel Hill and took family from Raleigh here as a thank you for helping us relocate. A first visit here for them as well and we were all thrilled to find the Granary is not only a lovely spot but that the menu is interesting and the food is terrific. Crab sausage with risotto was unique and satisfying. One serious meat eater, a vegetarian and a sweet tooth all found something that they would return for. Service was accommodating but not over bearing. All that and very reasonable prices. Can see this will become a spot we return to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it is nearbyTheSpiffDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food. Superb service. Affordable. Glad it is nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteellenDined on 8/18/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Food is excellent and the service, superb..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoritefishloverDined on 8/16/2014We make a reservation for brunch or lunch at the Granery every time we go to Fearrington Village. It is a very comfortable restaurant. The staff is friendly, the waiters and waitresses are very helpful, and every time we go there, we feel like we are "old friends". The food is very good and the menu is out of the ordinary -- full of delicious surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner - any nightFV2013Dined on 8/13/2014Four of us had delicious meals with perfectly paired wines. And we love the new chairs!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in This AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Hands down, this was the best dining experience we have had since moving to the Triangle Area 9 years ago. Lovely setting outdoors, attentive server, and vintage style music was a great touch. The food was outstanding. Our favorite was the Oyster Salad, with its crispy, juicy little fried oysters over greens that were tossed in a light, lemony dressing. We are recommending The Granary to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and comfortableslscncDined on 8/9/2014The Granary provides a very reliable dining experience. The variety of food offerings is great -- something for everyone from appetizers an small plates to larger entrees. Good and friendly service. A really comfortable environment in the always pleasant Fearrington Village.Special Features:
- good for lunch - slow servicedaisymaeDined on 8/8/2014I recommend the beet salad, but rest assured, you'll be hungry in a few hours. It's a light salad, good for dieters. The hamburger looked divine and was quite large. The desserts sounded great, but we all resisted. Maybe next time! Good bread, but the waiters shouldn't ask if you want one or two pieces. I don't like saying I'll have too pieces since it makes me feel like a glutton!Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesfood4thoughtDined on 8/6/2014This is a beautiful setting in Fearington Village. I go to this restaurant often and this was actually my choice for my birthday dinner. There is a nice variety of food choices and the atmosphere is friendly and upbeat. Impecibleservice, great wine and food. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I often go out for Sunday brunch. We arrived at our reservation (recommended) time of 12:15 pm and we were seated promptly. Our waitress brought water, coffee and menus immediately but didn't return to take our order for about 15 minutes. She was extremely busy working 5 or 6 tables in addition to ours. We ordered and there was no problem customizing our order substituting grits for potatoes. Then we waited about 20 minutes for our food to be prepared; the kitchen was very busy. The food was hot and excellent and we had several coffee refills and a great view of the cows and pasture from our table while we waited for our food. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Fearrington Granary for a leisurely Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Weekend at FearringtonRobGiniluvtotravelDined on 8/2/2014We loved eating at the Granary for lunch on Saturday before heading to Raleigh for the James Taylor concert and then returned on Sunday for Brunch. The food was excellent and the service superb. We loved the ambiance of the downstairs dining room. Casual yet elegant! We also loved stopping in at the bookstore and learning that there is a real gem right next to the Granary. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back for more!cheesemeDined on 7/31/2014Had a hard time deciding what to order because so many of the dishes sounded great so we decided to order a few and share! The shrimp and girts was awesome ~ creamy and perfectly flavored with bacon and sausage. We also had the fried chicken breast ~ delicious breading with ranch to drizzle over it. Wow. The side of macaroni and buttery broccolini we the perfect compliment. Our youngest member ordered the sliders with some truffle fries ~ yum. yum. yum. They also have some great wine and beer choices. We loved everything and had a really nice evening overall.Special Features:
- Amazing mealNCdinersDined on 7/31/2014Have dined at Fearrington Granary many times for brunch but less frequently for lunch on a weekday. A friend treated me to a birthday lunch at the Granary on Thursday. What a great surprise to find they have a special summer menu whereby for a set price for either 2 or 3 courses you choose from 2 options for each course. We both opted for the 3 course and we both had the same entrée, which was Fried Calamari on a bed or Basil Risotto with olives, pesto and a hint of lemon. This entrée was simply amazing! Our starters and dessert choices were also stellar. We left vowing to return soon for weekday lunch. I highly recommend the Granary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.