Yankee Pier Lafayette
3593 Mount Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Yankee Pier Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yankeepier-lafayette.com/
- Phone: 9252834100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Dunn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us for a clam bake or shore dinner event at your home or office.
A word from Yankee Pier Lafayette
Yankee Pier, a bustling and vibrant seafood house, offers chef Michael Dunn's ocean-fresh seafood "fresh from coast to coast". Local seafood, sourced in accord with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, which promotes sustainable practices that are healthy for ocean wildlife and the environment, is presented with a nod toward New England. Live Maine lobsters, fresh-shucked oysters, an array of grilled fresh fish, and beer-battered full belly clams are some of the offerings, along with local produce, house-made desserts, a selection of all-American wines and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Yankee Pier Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)great for outdoor dining (86)great for lunch (73)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (50)good for groups (35)kid-friendly (33)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (22)hot spot (11)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great fresh seafoodCASommDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy Yakee Pier as the seafood is always so fresh & well prepared. There is a nice main cours selection but not so much so it takes forever to choose. The sides are varied and delicious. The wine list is lovely, varied and balanced. Our server Sean was excellent & so attentive but not annoyingly so. Go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Our waiter was John and he was terrific. Funny, personable and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewVicsDined on 6/14/2014Great fish, French fries and love the sautéed spinach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendid family dinner celebration4thefoodiegirlDined on 6/13/2014We have made Yankee Pier an annual birthday destination for several of our family members. Always great oysters, seafood, service and dinner options. We always experience a memorable occasion and can't wait for more. Ingredients are fresh, preparation is outstanding, and service is always top notch. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudoldfolksDined on 6/11/2014Food and service very good. Noise level excessive. Impossible to converse comfortably. Complained and manager offered to move us to another area, noise level not much lower.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerTravelerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great service, excellent fish. Good casual spot.nice place for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Food was mixeddjshaferVIPDined on 5/29/2014We had a party of five and three out of four did not have a good experience. Two got the same thing and both were disappointed - the blackened rockfish tacos. They were very dry and not enough sauce to counter the dryness. The third that was disappointed had the clams and linguine. She said it just didn't have very much flavor. The other two had oven roasted rockfish with the lemon caper sauce and both were very good, although one was noticeably larger than the other one which didn't seem fair (so an inconsistency issue). The side dishes (spinach and grilled asparagus) were very good. Desserts were good.
- Way too many errors for this price!EastBayDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We have been here many times before, and while it is never perfect, things seem to be getting worse. $220 for a family of four with so many errors and over 3 hours means we won't be back. We had a 6pm reservation on a Sunday and still had to wait 20 min. Our oysters came in two parts - some right away and the rest 20 min later? Server explained they were delayed by a large dessert order? What? Then my daughter's sprite took 35 min to come. Really? I could have walked behind the bar and poured it myself! Two of our orders were the exact same, yet my sides were wrong. When I requested the whipped potatoes I ordered, they brought those separate then proceeded to charge me extra for them on the bill! It was very disappointing.Special Features:
- The following 1429 reviews are from the Yankee Pier Lafayette reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014We have been here many times and enjoy the wonderful, friendly and very warm service we always receive. They always acknowledge our special requests and accomodate them. The food is delicious and the variety and number of side dishes offered is unmatched by other restaurants we've been to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid standbymoragamunchersVIPDined on 5/12/2014Always enjoy our meal here. Wonderful fish, reasonable price, great service.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Certain menu items were reasonable, and they had a good selection for Mother's Day Brunch. However, I had hoped to have some good fresh fish, but found the prices way too expensive. I don't think I will frequent this restaurant anytime soon.Special Features:
- Average and PriceyGypsyGirl966Dined on 5/10/2014I know this is a seafood house but at least one vegetarian entree would be nice. Bring back the pumpkin raviolis. Tomato soup was fantastic but the seasonal veggie plates were ordinary. Spouse had the halibut which was overpriced at $32 for such a small piece. Not our first choice in Lafayette.Special Features:
- daisy1Dined on 5/10/2014your scallops are the best, however, the house salad is so sad, just lettuce. The caesar salad wasnt coldSpecial Features:
- Yankee Pier is a total hit!sandyDined on 5/7/2014This is my "to go" place for reliable great food!!!! Always excellant service and reliable, fantastic sea food... Everything from salads, sides and desserts are well priced, perfectly prepared. Thank you to all at Yankee Pier for doing the wonderful work of making such a great place to bring friends...Special Features:
- Lost this customer4mgoblueVIPDined on 5/4/2014Yankee Pier had been a frequent dining spot for my family of six. No more. We are tired of getting sat in the back room where they relegate other families with kids. And the worst of it is putting a six at a table for four. Very uncomfortable and cramped considering the meal and price range of the restaurant. Very disappointing because we loved this restaurant, but this has happened repeatedly over the years, and this birthday of my wife finally was the straw that broke the camels back. We spend more $$$ as a family of six than a three or four top, yet get smashed into a small table consistently. And last night there were ample tables throughout the restaurant. Very inconsiderate and a multi year pattern that we had put up with for years.
- Good Fresh Fish and SeafoodtqmonDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed all of the dishes that we ordered. The fried calamari was crisp and NOT greasy. The scallops looked good and the halibut cooked perfectly and seemed very fresh. The polenta was outstanding as 3 of the 4 of us had polenta.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Consistently great food and service. Always our "go to" place for occasions.Special Features:
- Great for lunchNickDined on 5/1/2014Atmosphere, service, and food were great. They even provided a complimentary desert for one of our seniors celebrating a birthday. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBondVIPDined on 4/27/2014I like going to Yankee Pier but the prices are high and the upselling never stops. You must take the good with the bad when dining at this chain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014It was a good meal. We eat out a lot because we get hungry. We do want every meal to be like the last supper. We want to get in and out. We were seated 5 minutes prior to our reservation and were out the door in less than 45 minutes. Food was good, we ate it all. Great Shrimp salad and Boston clam chowder. Fish and chips was also very good. The better half had some kind of pink poodle drink and it went down smooth. We will be back.
- great sea foodnickDined on 4/25/2014relaxed, but good seafood and service........................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Lucked OutLeeamDined on 4/24/2014The Restaurant Week menu was limited but the rock fish entree was cooked perfectly and the strawberry cheese cake was superb because it didn't taste like cheese cake. We lucked out as there were two big all games on TV so, many stayed home. Normally it is very busy and noisy.Special Features:
- Lafayette FindNotaditzVIPDined on 4/20/2014First time here-came because I was trying to get rid of some gift cards. I'm soooo glad we went! The food was really yummy, and the service was fantastic. I am NOT a seafood lover, but there was still food for those of us who don't partake; even my two 9 yr old children loved this place! It's very clean, bright and has a great atmosphere, without being 'stuffy', but not 'too child-friendly' if you know what I mean... really great place - the only disappointment is that I let the 'seafood' menu keep me away-I'll be back for the fish and chips (the only fish I eat), while my family will come back for the raw oyster bar, blackened salmon and shrimp cocktail. Will definitely be back, with or without gift cards!Special Features:
- Always a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014The oysters are always soooo good and fresh- on this night the Atlantic Marin Oysters were tremendous! After the oyster starter, my oven roasted sole was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong...143sfoVIPDined on 4/11/2014Had a lovely lunch while visiting the East Bay. Service was excellent and we were not rushed...kudos to Raymond! Shared some perfect Kumamotos, Fanny Bay & Kusshi oysters & then I had the rock fish while by best bud had the petrale sole. Fish was not overcooked which is the mark of a great seafood spot IMO. Said we wouldn't have any desert but then spied lemon meringue pie on the menu and of course we caved in! Yum! Hated to leave later that day to return home to the dusty, windy hot desert. Oh how I wished I lived here again--maybe one day!Special Features:
- Great Service. Food on timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014Great Service. Food on time and well presented. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- fish 'n chipsTCB67Dined on 4/8/2014I usually get the fish 'n chips and they're always great. Very helpful and attentive staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!TravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 4/6/2014This is our go to place for great seafood! Always fresh, good portions, great flavor, fair and reasonable price. Service staff are always enthusiastic, friendly and helpful! What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food but nothing specialEnglishCalifornianDined on 4/5/2014The menu looks nice and the fish selection is good and tasty. However, we felt the place has very poor ambience - seating, lighting, decor, etc, just didn't work for us - especially when the bill comes to $140. The service was average - and not particularly attentive, for example, we had to ask for silverware and drinks even though it wasn't busy. It may have been down to table location (out of sight?). The manager did stop by to ask if the food was good - before we started - we had to ask him for silverware....
- UnimpressedbillsVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nothing really makes me want to return to Yankee. So many good restaurants in Lafayette, and good seafood as well, to choose from that I can't say that a return will happen. Many hard surfaces that reflect sound. Food was quite average and EXPENSIVE relative to quality. I take my Dad and his wife out a dozen or more times a year and there are better options.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014I was craving lobster and since it was my birthday I decided to splurge. ! 1/2 pound live New England Lobster $45. It was steamed and cut in half. It seemed more like 1 to 1l4 pound to me but it was delicious and perfectly cooked. Two sides came with the dinner and I chose the mashed potatoes and the grilled asparagus both of which were generous portions and well prepared and seasoned. The waitress was excellent and attentive without being a bother. I ordered a vodka on the rocks with "splash" of soda water and some lime. The splash turned out to be way more soda that I wanted and on the second round I mentioned it but it came the same. Even though we made reservations through Open Table that were confirmed, we had to wait 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Weekday dinnerlocaldinerDined on 4/2/2014Visited Yankee Pier mid-week at 6 pm. The space is attractive with high ceilings and an open kitchen. The restaurant was busy but not packed, the back dining room and outdoor space were not in use. Had grilled halibut with sides of sauteed mushrooms and spinach. It was delicious- the fish was perfectly grilled and a good size portion. The preparation was lightly seasoned with a lemon butter sauce on the side. My partner had the clam chowder and fish and chips. He ate everything with gusto. Service was attentive. It probably gets pretty loud on a busy night, not a date night destination. Ask for a booth for more space and privacy. It is a bit pricey but ingredients are high quality. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee Pier has great fresh seafoodJohnDined on 4/1/2014Although it is set in Lafayette, Yankee Pier might be the best, freshest seafood in the Bay Area. Always well prepared, the fish and other seafood are wonderful. The raw bar is also outstanding. I have not had a bad meal or even a bad dish at the Yankee Pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood!yummyDined on 3/31/2014Great sea food! I like the ambiance- you feel like you're in the east coast in a seaside town when you're in this restaurant. Super attentive staff. Fun bar menu with good drinks. Nice selection on kids menu. Really enjoy this place on date night, girls night out and as a family outing with young kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiterSandiDined on 3/29/2014Though our waiter was attentive and completely competent, she just wasn't the waiter we had requested (he was not on that evening). The food was good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- We eat here often becausebpbwVIPDined on 3/29/2014We eat here often because the food and service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk out if there is a largewhitechurchDined on 3/25/2014Walk out if there is a large group dinner. The Hostess packed a small corner with normal diners and sat the large party in the rear leaving the entire center of the floor emty
- a place for fishseafoodloverDined on 3/22/2014The menu is mostly fish, which is good. I saw a couple of people eating burgers. Cerveche was very good. My friend loved the fish and chips, including the cole slaw. The clam chowder was really tasteless, very thick with what seemed like flour thickening, hard to find the clams.Special Features:
- WE LOVE YOUR RESTAURANT FORpatchDined on 3/21/2014WE LOVE YOUR RESTAURANT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS. THE FOOD IS VERY FRESH- THE SALMON ON THE BED OF GARDEN GREENS WITH YOUR SPECIAL DRESSING WAS WONDERFUL,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for DinnerGeorgeVIPDined on 3/11/2014We have been to this outlet for lunch on several occasions for a sandwich and outdoor seating. This was our first time for dinner, and it was a very different experience: Once our orders were in, it was difficult to get any further service (refills on water/drinks; an extra fork, the bill). The sole was good; the halibut was overcooked, dry, tasteless.