General Warren Inne
9 Old Lancaster Road
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
General Warren Inne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.generalwarren.com/
- Phone: 6102963637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Guests suites available seven nights a week. Private parties and wedding ceremonies/receptions for 50 to 150 guests can be hosted Saturday afternoons or anytime Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fahey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catering for on-site functions only. Three Private dining rooms for groups of 15 to 60, plus the four-seasons Springhouse Terrace for cocktail receptions and wedding ceremonies. Reserving the entire inn for parties of 50 to 150 available. General Warren Inne specializes in custom functions including cocktail parties with food stations, carving stations and butler hors d'oeuvre service, in addition to our award winning white cloth table service. Your event can be tailored to be formal or casual, based on your needs. Please contact a function planner at 610 296.3637 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Step through our door and experience classic 18th century charm and hospitality blended with modern American cuisine. Join us for your next special occasion or corporate event. With three private dining rooms and the Springhouse Terrace, we can accommodate groups of 15 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 6102963637x
- Entertainment: In THE WARREN TAVERN: Thursdays: Live Music from 6 to 10 pm with special drink and food pricing. To see schedule of upcoming talent, visit website, call or e-mail us.
HAPPY HOUR(S) Monday-Friday 4:30 - 6:30 featuring HALF Price drafts, $5 wines, HALF Price Tavern menu items
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu items.... Dinner / Suite / Breakfast Packages, starting at only $175 per couple.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking on property. Complimentary Valet Parking on busy nights.
A word from General Warren Inne
Historic 1745 Country Inn featuring American-Continental Cuisine with a contemporary flair, table-side prepared specialties at dinner, attentive service amid charming candlelit dining rooms, all with working fireplaces. Home of "The Warren Tavern", featuring a lite fare menu or the full menu, all available without reservations. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Full bar and extensive International wine list. Outdoor dining at "The Springhouse Terrace", available all year-round for cocktail parties, receptions and intimate weddings and receptions. Three private party rooms for 15 to 60 guests, eight elegant guests suites for overnight stays, including a served continental breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
General Warren Inne - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
General Warren Inne reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (15)scenic view (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great ambience & service, food OKFillyDined on 6/7/2014This was our second time eating here. We liked the small-plates menu, which we ordered from. We started with the caesar salad for two, which was made expertly at tableside. But the slow-roasted veal spareribs were a disappointment, full of fat and charred. (How can something supposedly slow-roasted come to the table charred?) My husband ordered the 6 oz filet mignon medium-well, and it, too, was served charred on the outside and medium rare (practically raw) on the inside. We should have sent both entrees back. We would think twice about going here for dinner again. The service, on the other hand, was terrific and the ambience is great. But the food ... not so much. Perhaps a good place for drinks (has a lively bar scene) and munchies.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch at the General WarrenWayneGirlDined on 6/5/2014This is a great place for a special lunch or dinner. Fine dining and service, good menu selection for entrees and also for more casual sandwiches and salads. All diners were nicely dressed, so this did not seem appropriate for a casual jeans-and-tee-shirt outing.Special Features:
- FavoriteAuntieDined on 6/4/2014A wonderful place for a family celebration. We are from out of town and were celebrating my niece and her new husband's marriage. Thank you for making it very special.Special Features:
- Very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent. Server was knowledgeable, friendly, and perfectly attentive.Special Features:
- Not the SameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We have been here many times over the years and we very disappointed with the new menu. We had two specials and neither one was particularly good. The fish was overcooked. We had two desserts and did not like either one. As always the ambience and service was great but we will have to find another place for special occasions.
- Nice but expensiveNiceDined on 5/29/2014Nice people. Great food. Expensive. I like it bit pricing is highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try the new menu!JB22VIPDined on 5/27/2014Wonderful mid-week business lunch. Sampled across both sides of the new menu -(not to worry, some of the favorites are still there!) from salads to fresh fish - you simply can't beat this dining experience. Throw in award winning first class service, and you'll love your General Warren Inne experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service just okBeckDined on 5/24/2014The food and service was not professional enough. the lighting in the back room was way to bright, ask for main dining even that could be dimmer, takes away from romance, very nice building. The steak was tough although perfectly cooked and the scallops were fishy. The bannas foster not caramelized so runny.Special Features:
- Special dinnerLove2eatDined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. It was our 45th wedding anniversary and they Decorated the dessert plates with Happy Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 691 reviews are from the General Warren Inne reviews archive.
- PerfectionCRoyDined on 5/20/2014The Inne is lovely and we were welcomed graciously. I chose the Inne to take visiting colleagues from Europe and Asia and I was very proud to show them the excellent hospitality of Pennsylvania. We had truly outstanding attention from our server. He was well informed of the history of the Inne and was so helpful in food choice for my visiting guests. The wine and food were exceptional. They loved their first ever Snapper soup. The filet was tender and perfectly seasoned. The meal and evening exceeded all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely experience!RyansDined on 5/20/2014Having been born & raised in the Paoli area over 50+ years it's so wonderful to see The General Warren still thriving. The building is beautiful as are the additions & interior updates...all keeping the historic integrity but modern amenities. Greeted warmly upon our arrival. The waitstaff was professional & just the right amount of attentiveness. Food served promptly, very good portions & exactly as ordered. Great to have an option of small plates as well as full entres. Never a complaint in all the years there. Job well done on all accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborsneighborDined on 5/16/2014as usual, leisurely dinner with excellent after taste. Have been regular since '98 and is always a pleasure to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014Enjoyed first visit will return. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kindmoparmanDined on 5/11/2014Gen. Warren cannot be compared to other restuarants. there's nothing else like it , at least not in Chester County. aside from the food being first rate, an overnight stay in one of the suites is a treat that must be experienced. step into your room and step back in time about 200 years. yet all the necessary amenities are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated Mom like a queenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took Mom for Mothers Day...and it could not have been nicer. I would definately recommend.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and service in a very friendly atmosphere. I would definitely return and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Good choice.wineisgoodDined on 5/11/2014We were attending a play in the area and looking for a place to have dinner. A review of area restaurants gave me the General Warren Inne as a fine dinning establishment. We were not disappointed. The food, wait service and general atmosphere were outstanding. The only down side was the noise level at a near by table. We plan on returning when in the area.Special Features:
- great people and foodmykiskaDined on 5/11/2014The service was the best I've been to in this area. Servers are well prepared for customer service satisfaction. They go all out to please there customers. Leaps and bounds over cheesecake factory, duck n dog, or other less customer service restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoned dinner at General Inne for the first time and was very impressed. It was intended to be a romantic dinner and it most definitely was. The staff was amazing and the pineapple upside down cake was to die for. Thank you General Warren Inn for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Check out what's new!JB22VIPDined on 5/10/2014Popped in Saturday night with the bride and had one of the new menu options (The Gnudi is amaaaaaaazzzzing!), bride had the red snapper special and we had some apps and split a salad. What's great with the new menu is you can get something from the "small plates" menu as an appetizer and while it would be small as a dinner, it's the perfect size for sharing as an appetizer! Loving the new menu and the large and small plates! Throw in great execution from the host, kitchen, bar and wait staff and you've got yourself a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Mothers Day DinnerBriscoDined on 5/10/2014Busy evening with Mother's Day crowd. Service was prompt and professional. Servers were teaming, helped each other to be right on top of the tables' needs. The GW is a classic colonial style venue with a fresh modern touch on the menu. Scallops on a bed of Quinoa were excellent. Blackberry Caberent Sorbet was light but satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!FoodnCookLoverODined on 5/9/2014I must say after reviewing the website I was excited about dining at the GW Inne. However, the food was not very good at all, my fish was over cooked and not very well plated. The Lobster Flatbread had very little lobster. We were just disappointed completely with the food. The service was good.
- Always very good!SamandDeb229Dined on 5/9/2014I'm a regular at the General Warren for a reason -- excellence at a fair price.Special Features:
- nice dinnerGoodDined on 4/26/2014It's a great place to have a nice dinner and be able to hear the folks you're with. So many places are so noisy today. You would up shouting all night long. The food was delicious, the ambience. It is on the expensive side, but it's worth the price.Special Features:
- sassyDined on 4/25/2014We loved our experience there. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely recommendTonyBonesDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I went here for a date night recently and have nothing but positive things to say. The food was excellent, the complimentary valet parking was a nice touch, and it was the perfect spot for us to enjoy a nice dinner in the area. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got a sneek peekJB22VIPDined on 4/23/2014At the new Spring menu when I visited with two guests for lunch on Wednesday. Let's just say - we're all in for a treat! Stay tuned as I'm sure they'll be chirping / posting and advertising about their latest creations soon. Suffice it to say, with their award winning top notch service - the new menu will be a huge hit!Special Features:
- General Warren Inn - Our FavoriteSaturdayDiningCoupleDined on 4/19/2014As usual, we made reservations for a Saturday night, asking for a quiet table in the corner. And as usual, we were granted our request. We enjoyed a drink at the bar prior to being seated. The service is always first class and most employee have been at the restaurant for years. The familiarity is warming - they make you feel extremely welcome. I am ashamed to say I usually have the same entree (Steak Au Poivre). It is always prepared perfectly. My wife loves to try new dishes and chose the Salmon. All she could say was WOW!! And, we broke from the norm and indulged with deserts that should be outlawed as habit forming!! Simply awesome!! The dinner was perfect, as it is every time at General Warren. That's why it's our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and lovely spotLarryVIPDined on 4/19/2014We eat at General Warren for time to time. We were looking for a quiet spot this particular evening, but were seated next to fairly large group. When we requested another location they quickly found a great location with a lovely view. The dinner was excellent as always.Special Features:
- emacDined on 4/15/2014My husband and I are from NYC, actors working at People's Light and Theatre, right down the hill from the General Warren Inne, and after the performances, keep finding ourselves stranded and hungry with nowhere good to go. Happily, my mother was visiting and stayed at the Inne and when we brought her back after the performance at 9:45, the restaurant and bar were not only open, cozy and welcoming, but the kitchen was still serving and we had a remarkable meal, waited on by a lovely pro of a waitress. The best time we've had in Malvern.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place for a Special LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/9/2014I took a friend of mine here for lunch to celebrate her retirement. It was fantastic from start to finish. A great place to enjoy lunch at a leisurely pace mixed with some nice wine and delicious food.Special Features:
- Classic ...RaymondDined on 4/7/2014Great for an elegant dinner. Charming dining room, cozy bar, very good (if standard) food selections.Special Features:
- Soup too salty. Food was notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2014Soup too salty. Food was not outstanding but I've always liked this restaurant and would go to it again.Special Features:
- Great place for intimacyhiddengemDined on 4/5/2014This was a great birthday surprise for my friends. They tabbed about the ambiance, food and service. It's a place they would normally drive by but now it's a great place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and so welcomingNYCgirlDined on 4/5/2014Everything from the complimentary valet parking. We went early. I'm sure The General Warren books up quickly at 'normal' dinner hours. 5:00 was no problem. The maître d' was very respectful and easygoing at the same time. The waiter was knowledgeable and clear in his presentation of specials and suggestions for preparation. The champagne and Zinfandel were very tasty. My husband loved his fish soup. Salads were fresh and nicely presented and very good. The entrees, to summarize: fish and filet, with asparagus, etcetera were wonderful! I rarely eat my entire dinner but did here and the portions were perfect! Y only regret is that we couldn't try the ultra -delicious-looking desserts, especially the unusual sorbet.Special Features:
- Always faithfulAfoodEVIPDined on 3/29/2014this place never lets you down, the food, service always good.Special Features:
- Above expectationsCathyMVIPDined on 3/24/2014We had tried this restaurant when visiting the area in the past. We sought it out again and we were very happy that we did. My salmon was excellent as was the steak. The prix fixed menu idea is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- both had the crab dinner ..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014both had the crab dinner .. crab cake was delicious & all crab no filler .. waitress & helper were very helpful .. would recommend .. our daughter had her wedding & reception here .. food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good eveningnumbersVIPDined on 3/22/2014Warm white wine. Lamp chops which we have all the time were so tough you could not cut to separate them.Very bad dinner experience having brought our guests for a evening out. WE will have to think twice before returning. Please pass this on to the restaurant,I think they should know.
- PerfectTerryDined on 3/22/2014the General Warren Inne is a great spot for your special occasion. My wife and I were celebrating our first wedding anniversary, and we couldn't have asked for anything more. The food was great, the service was spot on, and the staff were not only friendly, but VERY knowledgeable. If you can afford it, we suggest getting a "get away" package that includes your meal (3 course) and a night in one of their suites. It was well worth the money. Also - their wine list had something for everyone -- from good, cheap wine to good, expensive wine. Delicious!Special Features: