General Warren Inne
9 Old Lancaster Road
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
General Warren Inne
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.generalwarren.com/
- Phone: 6102963637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Guests suites available seven nights a week. Private parties and wedding ceremonies/receptions for 50 to 150 guests can be hosted Saturday afternoons or anytime Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fahey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catering for on-site functions only. Three Private dining rooms for groups of 15 to 60, plus the four-seasons Springhouse Terrace for cocktail receptions and wedding ceremonies. Reserving the entire inn for parties of 50 to 150 available. General Warren Inne specializes in custom functions including cocktail parties with food stations, carving stations and butler hors d'oeuvre service, in addition to our award winning white cloth table service. Your event can be tailored to be formal or casual, based on your needs. Please contact a function planner at 610 296.3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Step through our door and experience classic 18th century charm and hospitality blended with modern American cuisine. Join us for your next special occasion or corporate event. With three private dining rooms and the Springhouse Terrace, we can accommodate groups of 15 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 6102963637x
- Entertainment: In THE WARREN TAVERN: Thursdays: Live Music from 6 to 10 pm with special drink and food pricing. To see schedule of upcoming talent, visit website, call or e-mail us.
HAPPY HOUR(S) Monday-Friday 4:30 - 6:30 featuring HALF Price drafts, $5 wines, HALF Price Tavern menu items
- Special Events: Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu items.... Dinner / Suite / Breakfast Packages, starting at only $175 per couple.
- Cross Street: Warren Avenue
- Public Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking on property. Complimentary Valet Parking on busy nights.
A word from General Warren Inne
Historic 1745 Country Inn featuring American-Continental Cuisine with a contemporary flair, table-side prepared specialties at dinner, attentive service amid charming candlelit dining rooms, all with working fireplaces. Home of "The Warren Tavern", featuring a lite fare menu or the full menu, all available without reservations. Happy Hour 4:30 to 6:30 Mon- Fri featuring 1/2 price draft beer, $5 wines, 1/2 price tavern menu. Full bar and extensive International wine list. Outdoor dining at "The Springhouse Terrace", available all year-round for cocktail parties, receptions and intimate weddings and receptions. Three private party rooms for 15 to 60 guests, eight elegant guests suites for overnight stays, including a served continental breakfast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
General Warren Inne - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
General Warren Inne reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (15)scenic view (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Too much money for what oneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Too much money for what one receives overall. Will not go back for the standard Valentine limited menu. We did not like the fact that the servers were circling like vultures making us feel uncomfortable.
- Great ambience, nice wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2009Great ambience, nice wine list, food is good, not great and a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Ambiance and service weregeebeeDined on 2/12/2009Ambiance and service were great. Entrees served with elegance.Special Features:
- This is a delightful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2009This is a delightful place to have a quiet romantic evening. They have separate rooms for groups. It is a historic inn with low light, great service, and excellent food. The ravioli/shrimp appetizer is outstanding but too much for one person. Rack of Lamb was done perfectly and Crab cakes are always worth it. Seared Halibut special was also outstanding. We splurged with Bananas Foster which was also a hit.Special Features:
- We've always enjoyed the GeneralOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2009We've always enjoyed the General Warren Inn for special occasions since it is a pricey restaurant but this special they ran was phenominal. Our reservation was for 5:30 to take advantage of the special pricing. $26 per person for the Prie Fixe menu. We thought that the portions would be reduced since the price was reduced. Well, believe me they did not reduce anything. As a matter of fact, I don't remember the portions being as large as they were. The meal was fantastic!Special Features:
- when making reservations iOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2009when making reservations i had ask to sit near the fireplace but was told when i got to the inn that they were on hold for someone. that would have been ok but the tables were not in use the during time that i was there.Special Features:
- Really comforting spot. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2009Really comforting spot. Very nice food and service with complementary valet parking and fireplaces in each room. Plenty of colonial warmth here. Desserts are specially hearty.Special Features:
- This was the most overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2009This was the most overpriced horrible meal I have ever had. When everything on the menu turned out to have mushrooms in in it, I ordered off the "first course" menu instead. My butternut squash ravioli's came out in the smallest bowl and they tasted burnt and un-edible. The waitress forgot to bring me my drink after about ten minutes and then rudely processed our gift card, cash and credit card payment at the end of the meal. She announced very loudly that she did not understand what to do with all the items in the checkbook. Really? take the gift card and the cash off the meal, then charge the rest - I will never return to this cold, overpriced horrible restaurant ever. I do not recommend.
- Great food and service, RicottaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2009Great food and service, Ricotta Gnochi and Navy Bean soup esp nice a beautiful old building, perfect for a special dinner Very friendly, we were a tad causally dressed and didn't matter a bit!Special Features:
- We had a group of six forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2009We had a group of six for dinner on a Friday evening. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the atmosphere, and the excellent service. Particularly surprising was the portion, quality and reasonable cost of the Prix Fixe dinner. I had the Pepper encrusted, seared Tuna which was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the General Warren Inn.Special Features:
- This is one of the few restaurantsina1150Dined on 1/2/2009This is one of the few restaurants that still do tableside service. My husband and I enjoyed the Caesar salad prepared tableside - with egg yolk - as we used to enjoy years ago. It was tasty and fresh, and we were none the worse for the fresh egg taken from the refrigerator just before being used in our salad. We also enjoyed the chautebriand cut tableside and served with freshly prepared vegetables. The presentation was beautiful and the meat was melt in your mouth delicious. Do not pass up the coconut custard pie for dessert. It was the best we have tasted anywhere! When we said we would share it, the kitchen divided it for us and presented it on two plates with all the proper accoutrements. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Staff very friendly. 1st timeDrexelDragonDined on 1/2/2009Staff very friendly. 1st time for Lunch. Great Experience.Special Features:
- My fiance and I were interestedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2008My fiance and I were interested in having our wedding here but had never eaten their food. Well, we showed up to check the food out and had terrible service from a pretentious waitress. I watched her treat her co-workers like second-class citizens. She practically ignored us so that she could wait on a larger group (clearly in it for the tip). I had to ask for a refill of my drink three times before I actually got it (with no appology for the wait). The service was so poor that it ruined the experience completely and we're looking into other options for our wedding. The food was bland and not interesting at all. I have had better service AND flavors at cheap chains...I wonder if Denny's does weddings??? hahaSpecial Features:
- For a special occasion itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2008For a special occasion it was a very nice restaurant. Food was very good and the service was exceptional. I shall return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- This has always been one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2008This has always been one of my favorite dining experiences. Again, I was delighted with the attentiveness and service. The food was perfectly prepared and the staff was very professional and courteous.Special Features:
- This a charming place to sitJillBVIPDined on 12/6/2008This a charming place to sit and have a civilized meal away from all the trendy food spots du jour. The food is excellent and the menu varied enough to please everybody. Huge wine list.Special Features:
- General Warren Inne was adcbirkbeckVIPDined on 12/2/2008General Warren Inne was a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere warm and inviting. Service was a bit slow, as there seemed to be only two members of the wait staff. Perhaps they were short staffed that evening. At any rate, the slow service is forgiven--we would definitely dine there again. The beef wellington was amazing.Special Features:
- Great Food, Nice setting,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008Great Food, Nice setting, Impressive table side flambe for entrees and desserts.
- A wonderful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2008A wonderful dining experience. Be prepared to spend a little more money than usual, but it's worth it. You certainly want to miss out on the appetizers or desserts. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive (thankfully not overly attentive like at some fancier restaurants). The atmosphere is lovely. Also, since its is dressy casual, you don't have to get decked out to have a five star meal.Special Features:
- A Great place for a specialDrexelDragonDined on 11/21/2008A Great place for a special occasion. Food and staff excellent.Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2008From the moment we walked in, we loved the place. Patrick, the owner who greeted us, was professional, friendly, and courteous. He set the mood for a wonderful time! The food was excellent. Our server was competent; she was just not quite as friendly as we would have hoped for. Overall, we will be back. A wonderful experience!Special Features:
- The General Warren Inne isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008The General Warren Inne is a charming place - a great choice for a romantic dinner and a special occasion. You really can't go wrong. The food was very good, with the highlights being the scallop entree and the coconut cream pie. The service was good but our server seemed a bit more attentive to the larger parties of what seemed like more established patrons. The atmosphere was warm. The fireplaces lend a glow to each room. Of all the dining areas, the one we were in was my least favorite just due to the high ceilings. But these are nits - if you want a consistently superb evening out with a spouse, date, or couples, this is the place to go. Overall, the bill seemed reasonable, too.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008Outstanding food and atmosphere! Staff is very nice and professional, but somewhat slow: give yourselves 2 hours if you plan on having lunch there...Special Features:
- I love the Warren. I especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008I love the Warren. I especially enjoy eating at the bar. Tom the bartender is the Best! Pat and CharlieSpecial Features:
- One of our old favorites;OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2008One of our old favorites; food was good, not great. The ambiance is very relaxing, classic, nice. Service left a little to be desired.Special Features:
- Have been to dinner at themisskittyDined on 11/7/2008Have been to dinner at the General Warren, but this was my first time for lunch. We took out-of-towners and they loved it. Our waitresses were especially attentive and made our experience wonderful. Great snapper soup and the coconut cream pie is to die for!Special Features:
- Would not recommend. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2008Would not recommend. Service was too casual and off color for environment/setting. Ordered two beef wellingtons at $37 ea. celebrating wife's birthday. Beef was tough with gristle (what one might expect at fast food steak house). Was comped $7 dessert. Doesn't quite work. This place needs manaagement attention.
- Food's ok, music is terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Food's ok, music is terrible. No point in going if you can't sit in the old part of the inn as that is the mot interesting thing about the place.
- I loved my experience! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2008I loved my experience! It was my first time there and not the last!Special Features:
- Great food, service, and atmospheregcobDined on 10/4/2008Great food, service, and atmosphere always takes you back in time.Special Features:
- We Have dined there many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2008We Have dined there many times. The food and service have been consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- I do not wish for this reviewSugarDined on 9/20/2008I do not wish for this review to be posted other than to the restaurant. thank you.
- Consistently extraordinaryGlobetrotter1VIPDined on 8/23/2008Consistently extraordinary for the more than 20 years I've been coming to this wonderful restaurant. Many classics on the menu -- chateaubriand, beef wellington -- that are prepared superbly, and their crabcakes are so good I'm starting to drool as I write this. If you're looking for nouvelle cuisine at the latest hot spot, this isn't your place. But if your focus is on the best quality ingredients and precise preparation, and on the value of a well-maintained tradition of excellence, this is your place. The charming ambiance and friendly yet professional wait staff (some of whom have been there for more than 20 years -- that means so much) add to the enjoyment of this exceptional and unique restaurant.Special Features:
- The food is always good atEleanorVIPDined on 8/7/2008The food is always good at the General Warren Inne, and the dining room is pleasant and attractive. Usually the service is excellent; this time only, my small group had a waitress who was efficient enough, but she was too obviously wearing the attitude that we were a great trial to her, and if she had her way she wouldn't bother. the only other problem?--they charge a bit much for Scotch. they had a Macallan 12 at $18. There are still good restaurants in the area where you can get it for $12 or even a bit less. I don't know about the rest of their bar prices. But, above all, excellent food.Special Features:
- The three of us had a veryCurtVIPDined on 7/22/2008The three of us had a very enjoyable experience at lunch and will definitely return. A very affable and obliging host and servers. The food was well prepared with an appealing presentation and adequate amount.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerCobiBlueDined on 7/19/2008We had a wonderful dinner at the General Warren Inne. The atmosphere was perfect, the food was delicious, the service was great.Special Features:
- The General Warren Inne hasGiuseppeVIPDined on 7/15/2008The General Warren Inne has been a longtime favorite of ours! The food is always outstanding, and the service is second to none!Special Features:
- This is the second time wepeterDined on 7/12/2008This is the second time we have eaten there and enjoyed it very much. Our waitress, Pat is the best and makes a mean Banana Foster. Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Food overall was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2008Food overall was excellent. Service was excellent (Gwen and Kirk). Peppercorn steak was too spicy hot - could be toned down a little. Shrimp cocktail was unremarkable - not a good value for the price. Seafood paella was wonderful. We were seated next to a group of 8 that were a bit noisy. You might consider separating large groups from tables for 2-4. I don't mean to sound negative - it's just my opinion. I would go back. There are menu items I'd like to try.Special Features:
- POOR SERVICE, WAITED OVEROpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2008POOR SERVICE, WAITED OVER 15 MINUTES TO GIVE WINE ORDER, WINE TOOK ANOTHER 18 MINUTES. HAD TO WAIT FOR CHECK. WAITRESS MORE OF A DINER WAITRESS THEN A FIRST CLASS RESTAURANT.