24312 Del Prado
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lucianas.com/
- Phone: 9496616500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bao Troung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Luciana's endeavors to accommodate the banquet needs of the local community as well as embracing guest from across the nation. We welcome the celebration of future brides and grooms, and have the ability to create an undisturbed setting in which companies may conduct business, all the while enjoying authentic Italian cuisine. We have three lovely areas to accommodate groups of all sizes. Our Main Dinning room holds up to 75 guests and is complete with access to the Front Patio as well as a charming fireplace. Our Library room seats 40 guests, and is exceptional for quaint gatherings, offering an intimate experience. Our wine room offers smaller groups a remarkable private dinning experience. Situated adjacently to, and complete with a view of our Wine Cellar, this room will hold a party with a maximum of 30 guests. A full bar separates the Main Dinning room from the Library. Total seating capacity is 150 guests. Luncheons are also available and require a minimum of 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew S. Santore 949-661-6500x
- Entertainment: We have an Italian, European and Latin American accordion player with over 50 years experience.
A word from Luciana's Ristorante
Located in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 30 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat Survey, Zagat's Top Italian Restaurants of North America and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luciana's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Luciana's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)romantic (89)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (42)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Quick Good servicerunnerDined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed a family reunion dinner here. Very good affordable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosebear1035Dined on 5/3/2014Lucianna's gave us the perfect night to celebrate my new job and some great health news. Very special and the food was fabulous. I highly recommend Lucianna's. They make every occasion a very special one. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good and reliable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Very few restaurants get it so right time after time but Luciana's is one of them. Lovely ambience, terrific service and very good food.Special Features:
- Always a great meal and sderviceLocalfrequentdinerDined on 4/26/2014This is one of our favorite eating spots! So romantic and charming. Food is amazing, not just Italian but cooked with Italian flair. Had the trout (!) and it was fabulous. This place is always full, you must make a reservation to get a spot these days because the secret is out.Special Features:
- MenusToucheDined on 4/23/2014Never had a bad meal.Love the atmosphere, the service is always impeccable.Great restaurant for Date Night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinningdelitesDined on 4/23/2014We loved our dinning experience which was a birthday celebration! The food was fantastic! John our server was so attentive and enjoyable. Look forward to may returns!Special Features:
- Enjoyed!vtmomDined on 4/22/2014The décor of the restaurant was very nice! It was very cozy. The service was above-average and very friendly. I had a special - chicken lasagna and it was fantastic. I would definitely return. We did not order a wine, but a mixed drink and it was awful. We should have returned them. I was served lukewarm coffee, but upon request received a fresh, hot cup. Overall it was a good experience and I would definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian - Comfortable VenueOCNeighborDined on 4/21/2014Food was excellent and very fair pricing. Service was very good, perhaps a little too attentive but it was a slow Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePffultonDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th Anniversay here last week, and it was a perfect occasion. Good food, great prices, and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopeful, yet disappointedfoodgrpeeDined on 4/11/2014Had great expectations for an authentic meal. However, veal was not veal, it was pulverized beef which was stringy and tough. I ordered the special of red snapper and it was overcooked and dry. Service was great, ambiance was great, food not so great.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. Like beingbobwVIPDined on 4/9/2014Food was excellent. Like being in Italy. The server was vey attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2014Luciana's Ristorante is always consistently a wonderful experience. Proprietor Jorge Luhan is cordial and friendly and makes each dining experience one to remember. Food is quality and service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I dined hereKelpieDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I dined here to celebrate our 9th anniversary. I had made a 7PM reservation, but we arrived an hour early because we were very hungry. The hostess was very nice and told us it may still be close to 7PM anyway as it was so busy. After a brief wait of maybe 15 minutes, she managed to get us a really nice booth. We were so happy to get seated early and it was a romantic booth too. Our waiter gave excellent service and every part of our meal was delicious--from soup to desert. They even remembered it was our anniversary and gave us gelato. We had a delightful time and will be going back to this restaurant. I'm so glad we chose Luciana's to celebrate our anniversary. The food is great! Thank you to the staff, especially the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a perfect choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014This was a perfect choice for a birthday celebration. We had a delicious meal, served beautifully in a warm, comfortable, but not stuffy , environment. Our birthday celebrant was made to feel special in an elegant way. We haven't been here in a while, thinking it was expensive. Not true! We had a wonderful meal at a reasonable price, wine included. We will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- What a wonderful experienceJScottEDined on 3/27/2014Had dinner here for our 25th anniversary; fantastic. Started with fagiolini verde, perfectly cooked; Caprese salad made with fresh, quality ingredients. Wife had Lasagna Bolognese; loved it. She's a lasagna snob, and has had lasagna across the country; this was one of her favorites. I had the Polenta Salciccia, which was delicious, but would have been spectacular with creamy polenta instead of grilled. Service here is impeccable; we were thoroughly impressed. Our server was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the bussing staff might be the best I've ever seen. Only thing that kept our experience from being perfect was noise level in the dining room; small room, busy night. Can't say if this is normal, but it was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodSusanVIPDined on 3/22/2014I really like this restaurant. However they booked too many large parties close together and we had to wait a long time to be seated. We had to ask several times to get a bucket for the white wine, for a second bottle of red and the food coming out of the kitchen was slow. Not enough wait staff for the crowd they had.Special Features:
- Keep coming backzmanDined on 3/22/2014I have made this restaurant a regular vist. The value, service and quality of food is excellentSpecial Features:
- On a scale to 5 they are a 6OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014This is a place we go on special occasions. We should go daily. Absolutely wonderful. Can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!yumyumDined on 3/21/2014Great service, delicious dinner, reasonably priced. The wait-person was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu and wine list. Definitely would recommend Luciana's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DaveeeeeeeeDined on 3/17/2014The food was awesome and the service was great. Eggplant appetizer was amazing!!!! Great dinner overall. Marcus was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Little restaurantTealeeDined on 3/16/2014family-owned Italian restaurant with wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian restaurant in DP.food4thoughtDined on 3/16/2014The food always delicious no matter what dishes you order. The ambiance is very cozy, feel like you're at home.Special Features:
- Impressing the ladyTrancedifiedVIPDined on 3/14/2014She loved the romantic ambience, the live music and setting. More brownie points for me! The food was delicious and the staff was attentive. Get the chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday eveningdebbersDined on 3/10/2014This was the choice for a birthday evening w/ 5 guests. After some initial difficulty/confusion in finding a table suitable for the group (despite reservation more than a week in advance), the service and food were outstanding. I would suggest being specific about seating upon making your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good Reservations Really RecommeGoneAgain2Dined on 3/8/2014When all the 'locals' tell you this is their favorite special place to eat... believe them. Pasta and salmon exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I spent a few days at VillazmanDined on 3/8/2014I spent a few days at Villa Lucia in Tuscany. She is the mom of the current owner. The food in the restaurant compares well to the Italian dishes inn Italy. The restaurant is crowded, reservations should be made and the conversations can sometimes be heard at adjacent tables. However, the service, value and service staff expereince is well worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Friends NightMikeyDined on 3/6/2014Requested the booth in the window and received it! Brought own wine - corkage fee reasonable. Service (Monica) was impeccable! Ceasar Salad excellent as was the Farfalle Contadina - added some extra vegetables on Monica's advice. Great choice. Others had Chicken Parm, and Shrimp w/pasta. All good. Was busy but not loud. Been here many times and will return again. Great neighborhood choice.Special Features:
- DeliciousMarkNLu0304Dined on 3/4/2014A great restaurant with delicious fairly priced food. A long time in Dana Point and when you visit it you understand why. Great food at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!JoeFDined on 2/28/2014I read some reviews that were very good and others that had me worried. I do not understand the ones that had me worried anymore. The experience was great. I was very impressed with every aspect of the experience. I look forward to coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit. Decent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/25/2014Our second visit. Decent Italian cuisine and atmosphere. Service was a bit off once again. Maybe some training with the service staff would improve matters. We may return for the convenience of the location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy atmosphereSocalivingDined on 2/23/2014The atmosphere is always cozy and friendly and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Noisy and CrowdedOCDinerDined on 2/22/2014Nice traditional Italian restaurant in a house. The food is good, but not gourmet. The place is crowded and noisy, which is a sign of success. But it doesn't make for a great overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Memorable Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Made early Saturday reservations (5:45pm) for my wife's birthday! Table was ready when we arrived in rear part of restaurant where there is plenty of room between tables. Waiter helped us pick out a nice, fairly priced Italian wine which was delicious. We had a couple of appetizers that were just ok. We had a variety of main courses including seafood, pasta, and sausage; they were all five-star and the serving sizes were perfect. The waiter brought out a delicious chocolate gelato desert with a candle for my wife's birthday which was very nice. We had not been to Luciana's for a while and as a result of this experience we will be returning more frequently. We have always liked the place but it has gotten even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Dana PointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014Best swordfish I ever had and a wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againDocStevenDined on 2/20/2014Okay, we are regulars and the reason we are is the all around excellence of this establishment. One of a kind and comparable to the food in Italy. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Taste of ItalyAnniqDined on 2/20/2014The ambiance is cozy the menu selection great and the food delicious! When we want A good Italian meal, this is where we go. They have a very extensive wine list but you may also bring your own for a corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go toyummmmmDined on 2/20/2014Luciana's is always our go to place for special occasions. It is romantic and has an an overall happy atmosphere. I feel like I am in a locals restaurant in Italy. The food is always delicious and does not break the bank. We can actually order an appetizer, bottle of wine and our entree's for under $100 - it is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian Meal!HappyDinerVIPDined on 2/19/2014Start with the fried green beans for an appetizer ... delicious! The shrimp and scallop fettuccine was outstanding as were the veal dishes. Luciana's serves the most authentic and delicious Italian food I have in South Orange County. The waiter was helpful in his recommendations and provided great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian restaurantBobBobDined on 2/17/2014Plenty of room between tables, great food, always take some home, friendly staff and manager, lots of bread, it is just like being in Italy, but you can understand the menu and waiter.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/16/2014There was really nothing wrong with Lucianas, but there was. Also nothing about our dinner that would make us want to return. The service was totally indifferent - there are only so many times that you waiter can padd your table while looking away from you. The food (both pastas) were adequate but certainly not among the best we have had. There must be much better restaurants in Dana Point.