Azie - Media PA
217 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Azie - Media PA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azie-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6105664750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday Brunch Buffet11am- 2:30pm, Dinner-Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday-Saturday 5pm--10:30pm Sunday 5pm--9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Kazuyuki Mitsui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Many menu and group options are available. Groups of 12-75 are our specialty.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Deisinger 610-566-4670
- Special Events: BYO wine and sake every Sunday( reduced corkage applies) Every Monday,$10 off any bottle of wine. Bar and lounge specials Monday to Friday from 5pm - 7pm include discounted sushi rolls and drinks.
A word from Azie - Media PA
Azie is Global!Inspired by Japanese cuisine, Azie is expanding culinary arts into today’s trend toward globalization. We present to you an exquisite blend of flavors from cultures around the world… Japan, Thailand, France, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Azie - Media PA - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Azie - Media PA reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (40)romantic (31)good for groups (27)notable wine list (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (18)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Restaurant week Menu a bust!PamelaDined on 3/10/2014I brought my family of 5 on Monday and was extremely disappointed in the menu they had for restaurant week.. VERY limited and poor selection. (3 courses for $30) We all wound up ordering from the sushi menu which was good. I hope that for the next restaurant week, they can offer better and More selections (maybe 5 for the appetizer and 5 for the main entrée, with a few that include sushi, since that is what they do best!)Special Features:
- All in all, worthwhile experienceBearVIPDined on 3/9/2014All in all, worthwhile experience to visit Azie during restaurant week for the prix fix three course meal. Our table tried just about everything. The presentation of the food was top notch. They have a good beer selection on draft, just a bit of a disconnect between the servers upstairs and what is offered downstairs (and an interminable wait time to get that first beer).Special Features:
- What?! I can't hear you!!!JohnDined on 3/9/2014We went for brunch and the food was an Asian/ American mix. Everything was good, however, once more people started showing up the louder and louder it got in there! The high ceiling and brick walls bounced off everyone's conversations and I was never more happy to leave the restaurant to enjoy the peace and quiet! The aisles to walk thru were too tight to navigate not to mention the rock floor was a bad idea in the design. However if you are a single guy maybe you should go, since the clientele was all women! There was maybe 5 guys including me at the restaurant!! Get a better floor plan and things to absorb the noise and it actually was a nice place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Little beauty in the heart of downtown Media, PA. Great sushi and other yummy options. Definitely recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azie was great as always.HamboneDined on 2/24/2014Azie was great as always. Azie's only down side is that the service is rarely fast, but since we intended to take it easy and have a good time, this was not an issue for us.Special Features:
- great food and atmospherekt1710Dined on 2/24/2014This was our first visit to Azie in Media. The food was excellent and the service was great. WE enjoyed ourselves enough to go back again.Special Features:
- A little pricey but very goodConfusedDined on 2/22/2014A little pricey but very good food. Waitress was confused over sushi order and brought the wrong thing. She never offered to correct it, so we dealt with it. It would have taken too long to get her back and have it corrected. Service was just OK. Noise level was extreme by the time we were finishing. It was quiet when we got there because we ate early.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRetiredfoodiesVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is my favorite place in Media. Great Asian Fusion foodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality isn't cheap.qotbpaulDined on 2/21/2014Azie provides a fantastic dining experience, with a good but not overwhelming menu choice. I would recommend both the Azie sushi rolls and the N.Y. Strip Steak, but I doubt there's anything on the board that will disappoint. It's not cheap by any means, but you can view the menu beforehand so you know what you're getting. My wife and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMikeDined on 2/14/2014Got a late night reservation here for valentine's day. Great food, great service, would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend for a late valentines meal and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Every course sent out to us was unique and amazing with the exception of the desert course witch was a giant chocolate ball with snackfood in the middle ... but the rest of the meal was so good we didn't even care and enjoyed the novelty of it in spite of what it was. Our server Tom is one of the best servers you could ask for in this town and his expertise shows that Azie has a deep commitment to expert staff training. We both would recommend Azie to anyone regardless of the occasion!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of MoneyKevinDined on 2/14/201415 Minute wait to get a reserved table. Once seated it to thirty minutes meet our waitress and place a drink order. Then she disappeared once again. Finally ordered our meal and another drink in fear that she was disappear again. Food arrived and it certainly did not live up to the price or expectation. We will not be returning to this restaurant. Completely Disappointed. Should have stayed home and gotten take out.
- Nice FoodDustyDined on 2/2/2014We ate on a snowy Sunday night and had the place almost to ourselves. On more popular nights though the place is much busier so reservations are recommended. Many people rave about the food although I personally though it was about average. This could be because I'm a vegan and their vegan selections were meager and uninspired, which is unusual for an Asian restaurant. Non-vegans in the party raved about the shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/2/2014Brunch was delicious and fresh! Reasonably priced too!Special Features:
- Great dining in Media, PAPattyDined on 2/1/2014Would highly recommend Azie in Media, PA. The food and service were great. Our waiter made wonderful recommendations that did not disappoint. Will definitely return and would encourage others to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Azie's menu was diverse enough to please our group of six. The service was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. We had a terrific time. The only negative is that the noise level is significant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great visitjjr21Dined on 1/24/2014Simply put Azie has yet to disappoint after multiple visits! Great staff and great food! Pay them a visit!Special Features:
- Awesome waiterSuePDined on 1/22/2014Jared (hope the spelling is correct) was awesome! He is knowledgeable and takes your time with you. Especially with someone like me who is not a sushi person. He was funny and accommodating. I will go back and make certain I ask for him. The food is outstanding too. I've been here a few times and have loved everything I've ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousJannycVIPDined on 1/20/2014On a Monday night 6 of us celebrated a 30th birthday. The food and service couldn't have been better. We live in town and frequently go to Azie for happy hour and now more occasionally, dinner. It's always a great experience except on a Friday when the bar gets too busy during happy hour. Sometimes they could use another bartender to step in for an hour or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was outstandingTheDonDined on 1/19/2014Everything was outstanding except: 1. TOO cold, esp. since we were seated next to window. We ate a $120 dinner with our coats on, as did the patrons next to us. Didn't any of the employees notice???? 2. Need a screen behind the hostess as we were seated behind her - and that was my view all night :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Overcrowded & UnderstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Incredibly Overcrowded & Understaffed... This was my first experience with Azie's brunch buffet. We made our way downstairs to the buffet where most of the trays were empty. On our second & third attempts it was so ridiculously crowded people were jostling to get to the food. And then I realized why it was so crowded and why the trays of food were empty; there was a large group in the back room upstairs and I saw at least three of the women take a large plate and overfill it with food and remark that it was "for everyone upstairs." I also sat with water after both waiters said he'd bring some for 20 mins and never received the second mimosa I had ordered. I was really disappointed with the lack of enough food prepared and poor wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was bland, service slow...JareenDined on 1/18/2014...especially the drinks. Had the clay pot tofu, truffle fries (couldn't taste the truffle œil), and the pad thai.
- Great food, service no problem,precon7Dined on 12/31/2013Great food, service no problem, noise level deafening at timesSpecial Features:
- Consistently good.JackDined on 12/31/2013Always a great meal, excellent service, no waiting with reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013Good food, which is Asian-inspired, is always fresh and presented nicely. The sushi is especially good and fresh. I would like to recommend more expansion on entrees--as well as special dishes and desserts. The wine list also needs some additions and the prices for wines are too high. One other note, i am not sure that playing Tori Amos on New Year's Eve was an appropriate music choice. Can't wait till nice weather and we can dine on the roof deck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish food but rushed us on NYEMimiPsuDined on 12/31/2013Food is amazing and the ambience is great. We went here on NYE and the wait staff rushed us through our meal - made us feel unwelcome.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceAlexDined on 12/31/2013We have been here before and every time the food is great, the wait staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is nice. The sushi is delicious. Food is a little pricey, but great if you have something to celebrate.Special Features:
- Media needed a place like thisElALVIPDined on 12/29/2013Good Asian fusion cooking, plus good non-Asian standards. The Korean New Years soup was delicious, as was the bulgogi spring roll. Entrees were also done well and portion size was good. Service was very good until we needed her attention to get the check. Fortunately, we weren't in a hurry to get home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place in MediaSapsushiDined on 12/28/2013We try to go at least once a week. All the staff is always very friendly and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of urban flare in the suburbsConboypDined on 12/27/2013Azide is one of those places that stands out from the rest of the choices in town. Most places are a bit more family oriented. His place is kid friendly, but has a bit more upscale feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBrightDined on 12/27/2013Excellent food and service.. Very consistent always a great timeSpecial Features:
- Great foodKristenDined on 12/21/2013As always! I always have a wonderful experience here. Get the chicken noodle soup. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - bizarre hostess seatingspintrimVIPDined on 12/21/2013We arrived at Azie for an early, 6pm, reservation. The place was about 1/3 full. The hostess took us upstairs, through the nice dining room with many empty tables into the back room which was not so nice and included a screaming infant. We immediately told her we would not sit in that area and she moved us back to the nice dining room. We were mystified as the why she put us in the back room in the first place. It clearly was for families and kids, had bright lighting, plastic chairs as opposed to nice comfortable chairs in the main room. It set a jarring note for the rest of the evening. On the other hand our waiter was excellent and the food was very good and the meal was well-paced.Special Features:
- Each time we go back it gets worsetlynadyVIPDined on 12/20/2013We used to love Azie. Unfortunately the quality of the food is getting worse by the day. We ordered the fried rice with chicken which was terrible. The chicken seemed as though it came out of a SAMs club. It was basically white rice with stuff in it. I had the lobster and steak roll which used to be very good as well but they have made the roll much smaller but still use the same amount of sauce and topping which makes the taste overbearing. The apps are good, but the dinner entrees leave a lot to be desired. It is too bad the quality has gotten so poor because it is a nice place for a drink or to eat outside in the summer.
- another great meal! The chickenYumYumVIPDined on 12/18/2013another great meal! The chicken noodle soup is fantastic and enough food for 2 easily. The sushi options are always good and the base options are not too expensive. Service is always top notch and friendly.Special Features:
- Seated at front of restaurantdrjulmDined on 12/7/2013Seated at front of restaurant where the front door kept opening and letting very cold air in. As we were eating, the waitress kept asking if we were finished. It was obvious that we were not. We felt rushed and very chilly.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013The food was outstanding!! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce find and a definite stepOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2013NIce find and a definite step above your standard suburban Italian-style eatery.Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSapsushiDined on 11/30/2013We go 3 to 4 times a month the service and food are always the very best. If you go mention that you know me Rick James!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi, fish dinnersMareDined on 11/30/2013Excellent sushi, fish dinners are also excellent. Was not overly impressed with my pad thai however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.