777 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latoscarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6505927749
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturdat: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Federico Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Tosca prepare special menus for parties. We offer delivery or pick-up.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for buyouts and can also accommodate parties of up to 30 during regular restaurant hours.
- Private Party Contact: Jack 6508885904
- Entertainment: Nancy Gilliand sings jazz songs and music from the golden era of the 30's and 40's. Scott Daily plays jazz piano on weekends.
A word from La Tosca
La Tosca offers Tuscan and Italian specialties in a warm, friendly and comfortable setting. Streetside tables overlook lovely downtown San Carlos. Chef Federico has 20 years experience in his Italian kitchen at La Tosca. Daily specials and live music are offered Tuesday through Saturday. No corkage on Monday evenings..Continued
Click Here For Our Reviews on Yelp.com
Click Here For Our Reviews on Yelp.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Tosca - Best Restaurants in San Carlos ›
La Tosca reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (21)romantic (17)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (10)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2013I love LaTosca. I brought a friend with me on a Wed night for dinner who had never been there. She just loved the place, the food and the service. However, not long after we got there, a piano player started playing. Ok...that was nice but it is hard to hold a coversation over a piano in such a small place. Then she started singing. That made it almost impossible for us to hear each other. I think when people are eating at 6:30 at night in a small restaurant, the goal is for them to talk. I think they should get rid of the singing pianist. Just piano is fine but NO SINGING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic live music Wednesday eve.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013" I frequent this restaurant a lot is my favorite place, from the minute I walked in I feel welcome. Awesome service! The food unbelievable delicious, not to mention the desserts my favorite biscotti with blackberry and Cioccolat Torta delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spend at this little place. The whole experience was great, great atmosphere, nice ambiance. This little place is great for a date romantic night and special occasions or just to have dinner or lunch! I hihly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "LaTosca 5 star Restsurant "OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013"La Tosca is the best, I been coming to this restaurant for many years and I've never been disappointed, delicious food not to mention desserts are the best, everything from the appetizer to dessert delicious. Nice ambiance great customer service. I highly recommend this place. Have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Hidden little Gem in San Carlos"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013"Hands up for my favorite restaurant of all time, service is excellent their food is delicious, Spaghetti Con Gamberi awesome, and their delicious salads not to mention their wines, Apple Martini my favorite drink and desserts a must! Everything was impeccable from the food to the service, awesome place, I highly recommend this place, have a lovely time at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the place in general.SAM650Dined on 7/31/2013Like the place in general. Nice setting, pleasant live music, very tasty food. Love it. Definitely come back place.Special Features:
- "Little Amazing Place"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013"La Tosca is my favorite place" I enjoy the delicious food, is tasty just perfect I love the fresh tasty Salmon Fresco and the Rack of Lamb delicious. The delightful list of desserts amazing, service is excellent. Definitely recommend everyone to have a lovely dinner and lunch. I'll definitely will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently pleasant diningMissyPDined on 7/18/2013We prefer to dine early for a more quiet dining experience. Staff is attentive and pleasant without hovering. Food was served promptly. The server thoughtfully asked if we wanted anchovies on our Caesar salad. Without them, the salad was flavorful and not too heavy on the dressing. The penne with chicken sausage also had a good flavor, and there was a generous portion of sausage relative to the pasta. The veal saltimbocca was tasty, but if you're watching your salt intake, you might want to choose something else. We've dined here a half-dozen times over as many years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Northern Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013Very nice casual dining place, good menu selections, good wait staff, good food and not too expensive.Special Features:
- Just Ok, Way OrdinaryScopazziDined on 7/12/2013Took my mom there for her birthday. I can't say any of the courses wowed me. They are all pretty ordinary. Too many good restaurants on this street. I won't be going back.
- We love going to La ToscacandyVIPDined on 6/29/2013We love going to La Tosca for a very nice Italian meal, great food! Friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a girlfriend's lunchluvvansVIPDined on 6/26/2013Enjoyed 2 of the specials. Veal Parmigana & Filet of Sole. Jacob, the waiter very friendly & nice.Special Features:
- Great food and service!sparkleDined on 6/19/2013Inspite of a lot of noise from our neighboring table of 30 people, we had a good time. Must try the mushroom ravioli ... its yum!
- GOOD EXPERIENCE !goodfoodVIPDined on 6/9/2013EXCELLENT SERVICE, GOOD FOOD MENU, THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS , ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH, THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME AT THIS RESTAURANT, WILL DEFINITELY GO AGAIN. LARGE WINE LIST. SINCE THERE IS MUSIC ON WED NG. WILL TRY THAT EXPERIENCE NEXT . REMIND ME IF ITALY. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Tosca offers the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013La Tosca offers the best food on the peninsula. The service is above and beyond. The people that work there from greeting to end are the best. They seem to remember you after just a few visits and treat you like a king. My favorite dinner is Veal Saltimboca. I will go back again.
- not enough foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2013portions are REALLY small for the money -- waiter didn't know much about what wine to serve -- wine was served fairly warm....
- DelightfulRoryDined on 5/28/2013We really liked the booths we sat in, and the food was very good. The atmosphere was enjoyable because it wasn't packed, and we could hear ourselves talk! The waiter (from Istanbul) we had was very attentive and he gave us an extra dessert and asked us to critique it. I thought it was a very good idea for restaurant to have patrons critique their food so they would get feed back, and it shows the chef/owner cares what the patrons like.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2013The food was delicious! The service was superb! La Tosca has been a family favorite for both my husband's family & mine for over a decade!Special Features:
- Perfect GemdaxgirlDined on 5/18/2013Great food, really attentive staff, nice, cozy atmosphere. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent of courseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013La Tosca is one of our favorite local restaurants. The food is always delicious and the staff is always warm and friendly. The staff gives excellent table service. We were there for Mother's Day dinner and it was a "full house"--which is so good to see at a local restaurant. And even with the full house, our food order nor table service did not lack the usual care. Do we recommend La Tosca to others? Yes, absolutely!! Do we dine there often? Yes, of course we do!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La ToscaMMMMDined on 5/11/2013We've been here many times. The service was always impeccable and the food delicious. They are polite and friendly. This time, however, the service was disappointing. There was a new server who wasn't very polished or experienced. We ordered the cannelloni, which we'd never had before, and we found it to be a bit dry. The salmon was outstanding. We will go back, but we will request the one of the family members serve us, and I'm sure it will be outstanding.Special Features:
- La ToscaCessna172Dined on 5/11/2013Our server was wonderful, however the food was a step- above Home Town Buffet. The pasta sauce was terrible - thick and no taste - we ordered veal, (and I really don't think it was veal - some other type of meat), and the bread had no taste - like eating cardboard. Will not be going back. -
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013Returned to La Tosca for an anniversary dinner. Good selection of items on the menu, service was great and food was great. Very nice selection of wines by the glass. A very enjoyable anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose the restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2013I chose the restaurant because Nancy Gililard happens to sing on Wednesdays. I didn't expect the food, the wine, and the ambiance to be as wonderful as I found it to be.Special Features:
- Went for dinner with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/6/2013Went for dinner with my wife and son and we all had great meals. I had a nice veal parmigiana, my wife had passta, and my son had spaghetti and meatballs. Our wait person was very accommodating as we tried several tastes of Italian wines before making a selection.Special Features:
- awesomeRickVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great service and fantastic food. Very comfortable and the Tiramisu was incredible. We are coming back for more.Special Features:
- Italian gem in San CarlosBarbVIPDined on 3/29/2013Everyone at our table was very happy with what each of us ordered. I had prawns and asparagus with linguine - fresh and delicious. The sea bass was great. Although linguine and clams wasn't on the menu, they made it for one of us. And for the meat lover there was meatballs AND meat sauce with spaghetti, again, offered by our server but not on the menu. Good desserts and bruschetta. We had a booth for the four of us, and it really made for such a nice experience.Special Features:
- Mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013We were somewhat disappointed with the restaurant. It had such good reviews. Food was only ok nothing to rave about. The table was so, so. I requested a cozy table (at 6:00 pm) and we got a table in the back, practically in the kitchen. I questioned it, because the restaurant was empty when we got there. They have booths, which looked much cozier, but they were all reserved. The hostess insisted this was a cozy table! They waiter was very sollicitous, overly so. We will not dine here again, given all the other choices available in San Carlos and the Bay Area.
- Best Neighborhood RestaurantFoodieVIPDined on 3/13/2013This restaurant is a continual delight. The food is always wonderful, the ambiance perfect for conversation, the noise level is moderate (which is hard to find)and I can always rely on the fact that they do pay attention to your request when you make your reservation. The chef prepares each dish as if it were for a food revue!Special Features:
- Paying attentionBebopDined on 3/6/2013The reviews suggested better than we experienced. The calamari fritti was presented well, but badly overcooked. The smoked salmon carpaccio was low in taste and presentation (basically a slab of smoked salmon that looked like it had been lifted out of the styrofoam a minute earlier). Cooks usually check and sample their goods before sending the food out, so perhaps the chef was out that night? The main dishes were "good", the veggies well done. The waitstaff was attentive and the atmosphere pleasant. Indeed, the piano player did a fine job of infusing the place with warmth and helped make it a pleasant evening.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS- FOOD ISOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/1/2013NEVER DISAPPOINTS- FOOD IS GOOD, WITH GOOD DAILY SPECIALS, AND THE SERVICE IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE, AND MAKE SURE IT IS GOOD. FROM THE OWNER TO THE BUSBOY ALL HAVE SMILES ON THERE FACES LIKE THEY ARE ALL HAVING FUN, YOU CAN'T HELP BUT ENJOY WITH THEM.Special Features:
- This is a 5 stars restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2013This is a 5 stars restaurant because of the great food, I been to this restaurant several times with friends for lunch and dinner, we have had the salmon with vegetables, mushroom rissotto,ravioli gongorzola, salads, all fresh just perfect and the desserts are delicious, we all love the food and the great customer service, great place for a romantic dinner, there are various restaurants on this laurel street but la Tosca is my favorite I highly recommend this little great place, check it out for yourselfSpecial Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2013I brought a group of 5 and we were given their largest booth. It was right next to the door, so their were occasional drafts, but not as bad as I had expected. That booth is a bit crowded for "large" men, but it was a cozy atmosphere once we squeezed in. We had the mixed appetizer plate and it was great, but a bit small in my opinion on each of the selections for 5 people. I'd probably order two or three "full portions" of apps to share instead of the sampler plate to ensure that everyone got to try everything. I loved the corkage free night (Mon and Tues). The food was great as was dessert. Service was exceptional. I had the veal with shrimp. Although excellent, it was smaller than I had anticipated.Special Features:
- La Tosca offers the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/23/2013La Tosca offers the best food on the peninsula. The service is above and beyond. The people that work there from greeting to end are the best. They seem to remember you after just a few visits and treat you like a king. My favorite dinner is the rack of lamb. I will go back again.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was delicious and the server was very friendly. We really enjoyed it all.Special Features:
- La Tosca is always great!chillDined on 2/9/2013La Tosca is always great! Food is wonderful, staff is on it. San Carlos is lucky to have such a restaurant.Special Features:
- As always, great food, excellentCandyDined on 2/7/2013As always, great food, excellent service, love La Tosca!Special Features:
- This place was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013This place was fantastic! Starting with the atmosphere, which is exactly what you want from a small Italian restaurant - small and cozy. Then came the service, which was exemplary from the moment we came in right up to when we left.Special Features:
- LaTosca is a good restaurant,MariaRDHVIPDined on 2/1/2013LaTosca is a good restaurant, not great. The food was good, my ravioli was quite good. We ordered the appetizer platter, the calamari was a bit tough. The calamari steak (entree) was better. Our wine was good, but a friend's pear martini was not good, she did not drink it. Zabliogne for dessert was very good. The day was nice and we sat outside. A note about the carpet inside, it needs to be cleaned.Special Features:
- We've had better meals hereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/5/2013We've had better meals here in the past, but the menu suited are large group with a couple picky eaters very well. A few large groups were there, which lingered over wine and/or let the bored kids run wild. Kept those groups happy, but the noise level bothered us. The food was consistent with past experience - basic but flavorful marinara sauce for the penne for my mother-in-law, carbonara without unwanted herbs or onions for my picky teen, excellent mixed grill in marsala for my two carnivores.Special Features:
- This restaurant consistantlyFoodieVIPDined on 1/3/2013This restaurant consistantly serves delicious food. The service is impeccable and courteous and we always leave sying 'we should come here more often!'. I would recommend this to anyone who would like a romatic, cozy and delicious night out. Attire is sportcoat and collared shirts and not sweatshirts and running gear.Special Features: