14503 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellasaratoga.com/
- Phone: 4087415115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services and customized menus based on your specific needs. Please call us to discuss.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties. A private room requires a minimum of 15 guests and same rules as banquets apply. See banquet description.
- Private Party Contact: Clyde / Claudio 4087415115x
- Entertainment: We feature live music for Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: We have a great facility for special events. Please call to inquire.
A word from Bella Saratoga
A romantic Victorian house with intimate indoor and outdoor dining in the heart of Saratoga Village. We feature bountiful portions of award winning pastas, the freshest fish, filet mignon, thin crust pizzas, and deserts with fine wines and cocktails. Stop by for Lunch or weekend Brunch on the way to the Santa Cruz mountains or for dinner before the shows at Villa Montalvo, the Mountain Winery, or the Flint Center. Saratoga, the center of arts and culture, is conveniently located off Highway 85.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bella Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Bella Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (34)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (15)good for groups (13)notable wine list (9)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2013Wonderful place to have a Girlfriend lunch! We made a reservation and we felt so welcome when we arrived ! We never felt rushed and lunch was served at a relaxed pace. Our cocktails were fun and delicious! We shared some dishes we wanted to taste and shared an amazing dessert! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience. GreatLoofDined on 11/1/2013Fantastic experience. Great location, great service, food was A+ - highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Can be better...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2013The owner tries to accommodate customer requests, but the food can be so much tastier, and the restaurant can ben much better managed.
- Special PlaceBRoseDined on 10/20/2013My mother and I have eaten at Bella Saratoga a couple of times. We like the ambiance of the historic Victorian home. The Service is great as someone is always there to help. And the food is excellent. We had the Shellfish salad - copious amounts of seafood! All in all a great place to celebrate a birthday, or any occasion. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Bella BellaHughRDined on 10/6/2013For a nice lunch/brunch or dinner in Saratoga for a reasonable price, Bella fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markpeterVIPDined on 10/5/2013Nice setting, good looking menu, really nice arugula salad. But, pricey entrees that just were not that great. A veal dish that was okay, and a pasta that was unremarkable... My wife and I both felt a little off afterwards. I am not suggesting food issues, just wasn't a contented and sated feeling. And a nice place like this in a nice setting in the SF Bay Area cannot have horrible after dinner coffee -- Even the capuccino was not good. And the wines by the glass were over-priced, confirming a steady upward trend of wine by the glass prices. It's a nice spot in a cute setting, but seems like sticking to the basics is the way to order hereSpecial Features:
- Fresh fish? We don't believe it.regulardinerVIPDined on 9/28/2013Our big peeve was the misrepresentation of the "fresh wild salmon" on the menu. The fish all of our party ordered for our main dish may have been "wild" but it had the taste and texture of frozen. The outdoor dining atmosphere was charming and service was very good. If I dine there again I will ask more questions about the menu.
- Awful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2013If you want a romantic evening at a restaurant with an outdoor patio, this is not the place for you. Our waiter was awful. He did not check on us throughout the meal, and did not ask about water, etc. We asked for bread and they didn't bring it. When promised a certain wine, it was not provided, and another wine was substituted at a higher price without asking us or adjusting the bill. The food was served somewhat warm, definately not hot. We were asked if we wanted dessert, and the waiter did not come back to take an order. At the end of the meal the waiter could not be found. We waited an enormous amount of time for our check to brought to us. Even then, I had to flag down another staff member to pay the bill. Very poor performance.
- DisappointedwineluverDined on 9/7/2013We have come here several times and have always had a wonderful experience. The food has always been delicious and the wait staff very friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. So It was a no brainer for my husband and I to want to celebrate our anniversary there. Made a reservation saying it was our anniversary and would like a quiet romantic table in the outside dinning area. Was given an OK table. Was disappointed that they had not gone a little out of their way to make the night feel a little more special since I had told them it was our anniversary.The food was delicious as always but our waiter was not friendly at all. He it seem like he did not want to be there. It just really put a damper on our special evening.Special Features:
- UnimpressedAronBCVIPDined on 9/1/2013Was unimpressed with Bella Saratoga on our first visit for a early Sunday evening meal. The we were served and tended to by the bussers, the waiter merely took our order. Our meals were a mixed experience. Nice patio seating.Special Features:
- Great food Lovely locationCFTamDined on 8/31/2013I have been here on numerous occasions and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Lobster raviolisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013One of the specials of the night was Lobster raviolis, they had no taste. I added cheese, pepper flakes, and salt.Special Features:
- Historic Saratoga siteTBADGERDined on 8/17/2013Enjoyable experience in historic Victorian hotel in the village of Saratoga, with dining either outside or in the Victorian building. The food is very good for the moderate price, though not comparable to the "fancy" high-end restaurants in the village (which cost twice as much). The wine list is excellent with many local S. Cruz Mtn winery choices. Our waiter was not very attentive, but the other waiter responded to our requests, for refills on iced tea, sweeterner, and a second glass of wine.Special Features:
- A great place in Saratoga downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013I treated two high school friends from China . We ordered crab cake and steamed mussel and clam to start with, they taste so good. Grilled salmon and linguine with shrimp are so fresh, my risotto with mushroom is perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outside diningSageDined on 8/13/2013Beautiful old victorian home turned into this lovely italiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre Concert dinnerCareBearDined on 8/11/2013My girlfriend and her teenage daughter joined myself and my teenage daughter for dinner prior to the Concert at the Mt Winery this past Sunday evening. We have been to Bella Saratoga several times before, and have always enjoyed the delicious fresh food that we have ordered. Wonderful quaint atmosphere, great service and yummy food and wine. We will be back many more times...Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013The food lacked flavor; I ordered the swordfish special, which came with braised brussel sprouts and gnocchi. The fish was overcooked and looked and tasted like it came from a box (can you say Gorton Fisherman?). The brussel sprouts were low on seasoning, and the gnocchi was mushy with a sauce that clearly came out a can. Not only that, it was on the expensive side; if I'm paying 30+ a plate, I expect something extraordinary. On the plus side, the service was adequate and eating on the veranda was very pleasant. I would say the high point of our meal was the focaccia bread and herbed butter, however, with the wonderful variety of restaurants we have in the Bay Area, would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013We came here based on other reviews, unfortunately we were disappointed. The service was sketchy being handed off to multiple people. The food was the big disappointment. Caesar salad average. The salmon and the filet of sole were absolutely tasteless. No flavor. The sole was so crispy on the underside I had to use a knife. We won't come back based on the food.Special Features:
- Great Date night restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice restaurant and we were both quite pleased with this place. It didn't seem quite busy and we were seated right away. She ordered the Beef Angelo and I got the Linguine Piquante. Both dishes were delicious and I have to note that their pasta was some of the best I've ever eaten. We sat outdoors and though the restaurant is on a relatively busy street, it never got noticeably loud. The servers/waiters were friendly and came by to ask us if we needed anything enough times during the meal. I would definitely return here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday SpotSteakLoverDined on 8/1/2013I took my boyfriend to Bella Saratoga for his birthday (his first time there) and had a wonderful dinner. It was quiet, romantic, with great service and awesome food. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningimasoldmanDined on 7/30/2013We met some friends for dinner who had suggested this restaurant. I checked out the menu on-line and it all looked great. I arrived about 30 minutes early but the hostess was happy to seat us at a great table on the patio as we had requested. The waiter was great and let us relax and enjoy our wine before our friends arrived. When we were ready to order and had some questions and special requests, he was helpful and accommodating. The meal, service and atmosphere made for a lovely evening. When the waiter overheard that it was my birthday, he brought a special dessert without being asked. We would highly recommend Bella Saratoga and plan on visiting again soon.Special Features:
- In addition to the deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2013In addition to the delicious food, the restaurant setting is very pleasant and we had nice service.Special Features:
- Good and badBritinUSADined on 7/20/2013I had the carpaccio which was lovely, so is the bread. The linguine is ok, not great.Good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dastardly Doolittle's Dog w/TreatLadeeDayDined on 7/19/2013Nice warm bread, good size half bottle of Pinot Noir, EXCELLENT Filet Mignon with Garlic Mashed Potatoes! Garlic Spinach started out tasty but then became too garlicky. Gracie Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedladyonthelakeDined on 7/19/2013We had early reservations before attending a concert at Montalvo. We were greeted promptly and seated at a lovely little outdoor table. We ordered wine by the glass and salads (caprese and caesar) which came promptly. The caprese was excellent, caesar just okay.. That was the end of our good experience. Our wine glasses were empty for at least 10 minutes before I had to flag down a waiter that wasn't even ours. It seemed to be an inconvenience to bring us a second glass of wine especially as my husband wanted to order a different wine and asked for the wine list again. Mixed reviews on our entrees...the sea bass was very good, the chicken picata was very dry. The puff pastry in the desert was stale.
- It was good...but not greatHollyDined on 7/14/2013I waffled between 3 or 4 stars, but though it was good, I couldn't give it the extra star. We sat outside under a canvas awning which covered 90% of the outdoor eating area. It was July at 5:00, so I was surprised that they advertised outdoor dining when it wasn't open air. The cocktails were excellent and the service was quick. The food was good, but not extraordinary; the menu was uninspired . The presentation was very nice, and the bread topped with a dash of dill were good and seemed to have been baked on premises. After dinner, our waiter disappeared and didn't return for 20 minutes, which put us on the late side for our show. But, all-in-all, a nice restaurant with tasty food, nice environment, and good service.Special Features:
- Great experience!VisitorDined on 7/10/2013First time at this restaurant and we were greeted at the porch and seated right away (we had reservations thru Open Table). Service was excellent, not intrusive and timed just right. One of us had minestrone, the other two had the Bella salad - very good. For the entrees, one of us had the fish special (stuffed bass with kalamata olives, spinach potatoes), the other two had the salmon - cooked perfectly and served over risotto, grilled veggies. We all cleaned our plates and had to pace ourselves not to gobble it all down it tasted so wonderful. It was all a great dining experience. Very relaxed, never rushed and we had good interaction with the wait staff. We plan on returning when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food Served at our LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/10/2013The shellfish salad and carpacio dishes were excellent. I ordered the Gorgonzola salad with add on of shrimp. I would have preferred my dressing on the side. It was a little soggy. The bread you served was excellent. the hostess who seated us and refilled our beverages was excellent. Very professional and attentive. Thanks for asking our opinion.Special Features:
- Just like in ItalyeaterDined on 7/9/2013We dine here regularly. Every dish we've ever had is an excellent choice. I've had several of the pastas on different occasions and never been anything but pleased. The wine list was certainly above average and they have several wines by the half bottle. It is great to sit outside in the shade during the summer afternoon, and wonder, what are the others doing???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCH MUNCHMamajoanDined on 7/7/2013We had a delightful brunch on Sunday. The experience was top notch. All around very nice. The bar looked like the place I would like to visit after work, it sure looked cozy and friendly. Nice setup. Excellent staff and service. I would come here again. We came to this area for a getaways weekend. Nice area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Quaint PlaceBearDined on 6/28/2013I've been here on many different occasions. Each time I had a wonderful experience. I would try to stay away from coming on busy evenings, it can tend to get loud. The food is always good and so is the service. My favorite thing is their Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with ourfoodnmeDined on 6/16/2013I was disappointed with our visit to Bella Saratoga Sunday Jun.16. I requested outside.. I know, I know, they won't guarantee it, but the waitperson said that they didn't even look at requests as it was Father's Day. I asked how long it would be, a guess, until a table would open up outside and was told quite a while. So- we ate inside. We had a window seat. Well, by the time we'd settled and had our wine- several tables opened up outside and stayed open. I was somewhat unhappy with service level, it was ok, not good, not over $200 good! I ordered the Saltimbocca which I've had before and LOVED it... this time not so good. The Chicken itself was quite dry and the rice was hard packed, like it had hit the microwaive one to many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food... Good PricesDhardyDined on 6/13/2013We went to Bella Saratoga for our 15-year anniversary and it was a great experience. We had originally reserved an inside table with a window view, but when we arrived, the weather was so nice that we decided we would rather eat outside. They did not make an issue about it and seated us outside at a great table! Overall service and food was great. Would recommend to a friend for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mushroom risotto was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2013The mushroom risotto was outstanding but the portion size was a bit small for the price you paid.Special Features:
- slow service and avg (at best) foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2013Have eaten here before but it was a huge disappointment this time. Very slow check in and then a 10 min wait just to have a waiter come by. The wine was good but $12 for a small glass was excessive. The meal I ordered ( Cioppino) was very greasy - you could see the oil floating in the sauce. Overall, we spent way too much for poor service and marginal food. We don't have plans to return.
- Great foodDonnaMaeDined on 6/8/2013Great food at reasonable prices, Wonderful selection. A perfect place of lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013Completely enjoyed the experience! We were late for our reservations but didn't matter. There was still plenty of outside seating. The food was fresh and tasty. Wine was great. Bella Saratoga was relaxing and a perfect way to end an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic spotFoodDined on 6/1/2013Very nice spot and the service was great. Unfortunately the food was not as great. This was my second visit and overall it seems that the chef has a good concept but the taste does not deliver. The chef should try the food.Special Features:
- Very nice place and we willOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2013Very nice place and we will definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- Disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013Just returned from having a very disappointing dinner. Our waiter was also working the bar and we felt like his second responsibility throughout our meal. The wait to be served was way too long. Then the portions sizes of both my husband's and son's pasta dishes were laughable! They looked like side dish portions. When I questioned the waiter, he said new serving bowls are being used and they make the portions sizes look smaller then then actually are. No one bought that one! What restaurant buys serving dishes to make their food look like less?! Won't be a returning customer. Will go across the street to Florentines for Italian food next time. On a positive note, the live music was pleasant.