14503 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellasaratoga.com/
- Phone: 4087415115x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services and customized menus based on your specific needs. Please call us to discuss.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties. A private room requires a minimum of 15 guests and same rules as banquets apply. See banquet description.
- Private Party Contact: Clyde / Claudio 4087415115x
- Entertainment: We feature live music for Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: We have a great facility for special events. Please call to inquire.
A word from Bella Saratoga
A romantic Victorian house with intimate indoor and outdoor dining in the heart of Saratoga Village. We feature bountiful portions of award winning pastas, the freshest fish, filet mignon, thin crust pizzas, and deserts with fine wines and cocktails. Stop by for Lunch or weekend Brunch on the way to the Santa Cruz mountains or for dinner before the shows at Villa Montalvo, the Mountain Winery, or the Flint Center. Saratoga, the center of arts and culture, is conveniently located off Highway 85.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bella Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Bella Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (34)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (13)notable wine list (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Job!KaysmomlovesfoodDined on 4/16/2014Thanks for the great meal. Will be back. And apparently I have too few characters so I have to fill out my review with nonsense.Special Features:
- Nice Sunday outingDolphin781VIPDined on 4/13/2014A group of 5 of us stopped here for brunch. This places is a tiny hidden gem! We sat on the outdoor patio, next to the gentleman playing nice, soft music on his guitar. The server brought out warm croissants for all of us, followed by elegantly prepared fruit plates. I ordered the Chicken Apple sandwich, and I can't recommend that one. It was falling apart, and I found the pieces of apple to be to large, and the almonds non-existant. However, the lasgana is perfectly light and yummy; and the veggie linguine was delishious! They were out of the Sangria for the day, so that was disappointing. We ended up ordering black martini's and a variety of mimosas. All were great. I can't wait to try dinner here on a warm summer evening.Special Features:
- Bella Sara is a long-time winnererikrDined on 4/13/2014Great place, great food, a long-time visitor here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, but boring foodBribuDined on 4/5/2014Service was great, ambience is nice, especially outside with live music, but the food is boring. Something you could easily prepare at home shouldn't cost this much. We had a very dried out artichoke with a heap of mayo as an appetizer, I had underwhelming salmon ravioli and my husband slightly overcooked veal.
- Very friendly staff and consistentlTravellerVIPDined on 3/31/2014Very friendly staff and consistently delicious food. Fish entrees were particularly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing ambiencecarolVIPDined on 3/30/2014I booked a table for Sunday brunch late Sat evening and was surprised to get a reservation on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. The place was not packed. While they serve Sunday brunch, I hope they would have also offered their regular lunch menu. The choices are a little limited (like no pizza) on their Sunday menu. Nice ambience for a relaxing Sunday. The only compliant is the wine by glass is only a 4 oz pour. A little expensive and unsatisfactory for a $12 for a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/28/2014We've been going to Bella Saratoga for quite a while now. They don't change their menu often, but their food quality is usually very stable, in a good way. Their pasta is made fresh in house and their steak is cooked to perfect temperature. For dessert, I recommend their puff pastry. This is our default place to go to for a nice and relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2014The tasty food, attentive staff, and optional outdoor area with live music (not too loud) were all appreciated. A pleasant environment for a Sunday brunch with lots of menu choices. Its comfortable for one person or several. We enjoyed the cinnamon buns upon arrival, the fruit sampler and benedict with croissant. Sorbet for dessert was a nice option, but definitely not their version of creme brulee. Its a popular spot...enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningcampbellgirlDined on 3/22/2014we sat outside on the patio and it was a beautiful night. There was a guitarist playing beautifully, which made the evening more romantic for my husband and I. The food was good, but not great. I got the fillet and grilled shrimp with crimini mushrooms. The sauce was too heavy for the shrimp and mushrooms, and just didn't compliment the steak very well. Regardless, it was a nice evening and I would give it another shot to try something else on their menSpecial Features:
- creative food, good wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014it might have been unusually quiet; a Thursday night, and almost no one else there. we had a Bosco Montepulciano D'Abruzzo that was outstanding at a moderate price. minor criticism: pork chop was just slightly overdone. but we're willing to take more risk than most people on pork, which is typically overcooked almost everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014We had a post-theater dinner for 8. We dined outdoors, which was great for our early dinner on a nice day in Saratoga. Those who ordered the salmon ravioli were not disappointed; the seafood pasta was also good. I was the only person in the group who would not order their dish again. My eggplant parmesan was a disappointment--paper-thin with too much breading and the accompanying cappellini-type pasta was bland and dry. Our waitress was awesome! She was friendly, accommodating and at hand when we needed anything. We all agreed we would eat here again.Special Features:
- Great food. Although our waitressWrongsaladDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Although our waitress was very polite, I think she forgot our food. Other tables came and went and we still had not gotten our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat...tnshartVIPDined on 3/8/2014I have yet to be disappointed when visiting Bella Saratoga... I am not quite sure why people are not beating down the doors to eat here. The food is excellent and consistent each time we visit. In addition, the service is unbelievable... This is a must stop if you have not eaten here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 3/3/2014We went for a small company lunch with 7 people. Sat outside in the well appointed and heated patio area. Service was attentive without being over bearing. Food was very good and we certainly had a wide variety of dishes. We will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meal with Good FriendsWalterDined on 3/2/2014We had a very nice meal with some really good friends, we had been before and liked it a lot, but our friends told us it had changed management or ownership since last year and had heard of a bad review. To our delight we were not disappointed. Our meal was excellent, and we all had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Best pasta ever?JohnDined on 2/22/2014We chose Bella because the reviews were good, and we wanted a place that wouldn't be wildly expensive that we could walk to after hearing a friend play an early set of music at the Cinnabar wine bar. I had the pasta primavera - I don't eat a lot of pasta, but this was as good as any I have ever had. Very fresh, the right amount of "chewiness" just great. Very light sauce, veggies cooked al dente and laid across the top in thin slices, just a great simple dish. My wife had salmon, which was also really good, very fresh and came with risotto and veggies. Attentive service, great home made bread, an exceptional cucumber-ginger martini, an all around very positive experience.Special Features:
- FoodGoldbearDined on 2/21/2014Shellfish salad was only dressed on half. Had to request extra dressing and was not well received. Cosmo had no flavor.Special Features:
- BellaCompensatorDined on 2/16/2014Parking was easy and we were seated immediately on the first floor. In retrospect, I would have asked for a second floor table, as the draft from the front door was chilly. Service was friendly and quick. Menu had good choices, but I think their strengths are in pasta and seafood. Instead of these, we chose the filet and some pork chops. Both unremarkable and on the dry side. The ceasar salad and garlic mash needed more garlic. Deserts were the best part-a fantastic bread pudding and a classic tiramisu. Vegetables were fresh and good and not over-done. We will likely give it another try, maybe for brunch.
- Not what it once wasMrEatsOutALotDined on 2/15/2014While the menu has remained the same, the food quality has dropped. The service is hit and miss depending on the day and who is waiting. Our appetizers and service were so poor that we decided not to have entrees here and moved to an alternative restaurant down the street. If you want to eat outside, it's the best alternative in downtown Saratoga.Special Features:
- Bella SaratogaKristinaDined on 2/15/2014I'm so glad we came here to celebrate a belated Valentine's day. The service was great and the food arrived in good time. I had the shellfish salad and I truly cannot think of a better seafood salad that I've had. They did not scrimp on shrimp, scallops and crab meat. The dressing was great along with avocado -my favorite and cherry tomatoes, red onions, and oodles of seafood over a bed of lettuce. The pasta is made fresh and my husband enjoyed the fettuccine. It was a nice change of pace to get away from the hub bub of Santana Row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerDuran408Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I sat upstairs. It was very quiet although most of the tables were booked. I had the porkchops with mash potatoes and veggies, she had the spicy red pasta. Both of us enjoyed our meals and will definitely be back. The service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findCbear02Dined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentines Day & was very impressed w/ the service & food!! All the staff was friendly & accommodating!! Would definitely recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicekittkatDined on 2/13/2014We found this restaurant on yelp. They have excellent food and service. We dined upstairs and it was quiet and romantic. The servers were very attentive and the lasagna was fantastic. They brought us a very yummy chocolate cheesecake for dessert to help us celebrate our anniversary. We are definitely going back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Saratoga is MAGNIFICENT!michaelwDined on 2/8/2014This is a true gem in the delightful city of Saratoga. I want to dinner on a cold, rainy and windy night and was delighted I did. The food was exquisitely prepared and delicious, the service was attentive and conscientious. I had their special, boneless short ribs slow-roasted for over 2 hours and cooked with a lovely glaze atop a mound of polenta, accompanied by roasted brussels sprouts. As an appetizer, lovely crab cakes, and as a last minute choice, a cup of their delectable crab chowder. For dessert, the most delicious tiramisu ever. I've traveled the world over, including innumerable trips to Italy, so I have some basis for comparison here. If you have occasion to Saratoga, this restaurant must top your list for magnificent dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came for dinner with friends.GG1982Dined on 2/3/2014We came for dinner with friends. Overall service and food was good. The gnocchi dish was too Soft (overcooked) so we returned it and got a couple other dishes which were delicious. Dessert was amazing. Bruschetta was a little too hard/crispy-we like the bread a bit softer. Last time We dined here food was a bit better-maybe there was a different chef in the kitchen this time. Waiter was prompt But not as friendly/humorous as we would have hoped. Restaurant got noisy quickly and window table Was not as private as we had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch, perfectDoncasaDined on 1/30/2014The days special was a blue nose sea bass with a ginger glaze over risotto. It was excellent and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerNotAFoodieDined on 1/24/2014I was looking for place to have a nice evening out with wife without breaking the bank, and Bella Saratoga came through. Converted from an old large home, the restaurant offers a heated outdoor patio, a quiet downstairs dining room and larger upstairs dining room. We were quickly offered drinks and and chewy bread with cheese spread similar (identical?) to that served at local Florentine/Pasta Market restaurants. Being crab season, we opted for the crab appetizer special which was fresh and delicious. I had the chicken saltimboca and wife had the veal piccata. Both tasty, solidly but not delicately prepared. Risotto and asparagus sides were well cooked. Not haute cuisine, but a great less expensive option for a quiet, romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousNatalyaSVIPDined on 1/19/2014We are returning guests and every time we enjoy eating in Bella Saratoga. Last time we visited on Sunday and found out that they only serve brunch and not regular lunch menu, To know that ahead of time would be helpful. The waiter did not offer any alternatives to the menu but after reading menu thoroughly I specifically asked for certain food modifications especially for kids and those were executed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotTrixie5Dined on 1/8/2014Food was good, nice atmosphere, service was great. Good for our business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back on topHughRDined on 1/5/2014After a slightly rough start with lots of business for Sunday breakfast/brunch and perhaps a little short of staff a few weeks ago, Bella is back to its excellent service and quality for the money. Imagine Sunday brunch outside in January!! Wait staff and manager were right on top of timely service and good food. When I asked if they might combine their crab cakes for a crab benedict, they willingly agreed and provided a tasty item not on the menu. Classy casual ambience worthy of a visit.Special Features:
- Not up to usual standardsHughRDined on 12/29/2013This usually reliable Saratoga standard has increased its breakfast/brunch marketing after the close of the Amsterdam. The increased business may be the reason yesterday's Sunday brunch service was so poor. Reservations were made for inside. One guest did not want to sit in the sun at the table offered. Other tables were open; no choice was offered. Long wait and had to ask to get mimosas. After entree was served no coffee was offered, and a server had to be called to obtain coffee. Cream and sugar were requested, and another server had to be callede to eventually obtain sugar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding AtmoshphereArcieDined on 12/24/2013Great Food, taste, atmosphere. Price are $$ out of $$$$$, but food are great!! delicious, better than maggiano's little italy at Santana Row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal...tnshartVIPDined on 12/24/2013We went on Christmas eve and had another great meal, great service, and a wonderful atmosphere. This has become our family favorite!Special Features:
- very special special!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2013As we always expect from Bella Saratoga; the service was prompt friendly and top notch, the atmosphere was just drought for donner conversation with friends, and all the food was prepared with care and delicious. On this evening they offered a Sea Bass and risotto with asparagus that was The Best! Can't wait for the next donning opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/17/2013Service was very good. Very attentive. Food was good and entrees were all enjoyed. Lots of outdoor seating w/ heat lamps if interested.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food seems to be going downhill.sherbearVIPDined on 12/5/2013Food seems to be going downhill. Order calamari appetizer and instead of legs and rounds, got only obviously frozen and very borning rounds of calamari. What's happening to this spot?? Deep sigh. One of the few downtown Saratoga restaurants open for lunch. Too bac. Wake up!
- Good food and serviceBethDined on 12/1/2013Went there on a Sunday for lunch, so a lot of the menu was brunch, but still had a decent selection. The service was very good and friendly, and the food was yummy. Our waitress noticed a happy birthday bag on the table and brought us a free slice of really good mousse cake with a candle without us even asking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Saratoga - a true gemtnshartVIPDined on 11/27/2013My family stumbled upon Bella Saratoga earlier this fall because we needed reservations and Open Table popped up with Bella Saratoga as having the only open slot for when we needed it for. So, we gave it a try... Well, we were in for a treat. We had great seating to start with such an amazing atmosphere outside with live music(relaxing/romantic music) and then we were treated with such great staff and customer service. The menu has several great options at affordable prices and we were not disappointed by the quality once our meal came. From the bread we get once seated all the way until dessert, we were so impressed with this place. This has become a regular stop for us and plan on spending Christmas eve dinner there with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place To Meet FriendsCollie2Dined on 11/22/2013As always, the service was excellent, the chicken saltimbocca was delicious, and the corking fee was reasonable. We had a very nice time.Special Features:
- Feeling disappointedjessiesmomDined on 11/15/2013My husband and I went to Bella Saratoga for our anniversary. Initially I was taken aback when a person who appeared to be a busboy sat us at our table. My husband ordered an appetizer and I ordered a salad. It took quite a while for them to arrive. The waiter noticed and asked us, "Didn't you get your appetizer/salad yet?" No, we hadn't. Who did he think was going to deliver them? This is a very small restaurant. They were then brought quickly. Maybe it was because of the delay but my husband's sea bass was hot toward the outside and cool on the inside - like it had been microwaved. My veal marsala was OK - nothing spectacular. There were not any dessert wines on the menu (ie. port, moscato). I was disappointed and will not come back.Special Features: