1201 S. Joyce Street, C4
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muraliva.com/
- Phone: 7034150411
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis Antonio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ristorante Murali offers set menus for catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room wil hold from 50 to 160 people.
- Private Party Contact: Riyad Bouizar 7034150411
A word from Ristorante Murali
From Venice to Pentagon Row in Arlington, Virginia, Ristorante Murali gives you the opportunity to experience fine traditional and modern Italian cuisine in a Venetian setting with rooms depicting murals from the canals of Venice and hung with exquisite Murano glass chandeliers. Conveniently located minutes from Washington DC and close to Maryland. Metro accessible with a large parking facility. Pentagon Row offers seasonal entertainment from ice skating in the winter to live concerts in the summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Murali reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Order the Calamari!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2013The calamari was the among the best I've ever had! The main course was ok but expensive. I'd definitely recommend this place for appetizers and dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch MenuJayyDined on 5/14/2013The food and service for lunch were both outstanding; I had a business meeting combined with lunch and my colleague was very impressed with his food. We would both recommend this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentHogantuaDined on 5/12/2013The food and service were average. Bread wasn't good enough for an Italian restaurant, beer and wine selections were decent, pasta was tasty but oily. We picked this for Mother's Day since it was in Pentagon Row and we figured we could walk around before and after, shop, get ice cream, etc. I'd recommend it for a quick uneventful bite to eat, in a convenient location, but not for a special occasion.
- We sat outside and had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2013We sat outside and had a good meal. Seafood salad and hot vegetable appetizer followed by chicken picatta and lamb sausage in pasta. Efficient professional service. We always enjoy Murali's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all just short of excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Mussels had a very good sauce, but other restaurants offer better variations on this dish. The wine with dinner was very pleasant. The Lamb Shank was excellent. Meat was falling off the bone and the saffron Risotto was very creamy. The cannolis were good, but the portion was a little smaller than at other places. The creme brulee was ordinary, and the coffee was very good. The service was unfailingly excellent and timely. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours there, for a small mother's day celebration, a day early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2013This place just wasn't that good. The service was ok but the food was really bad and it was quite expensive. I don't nor ally complain but it just wasn't worth it.
- Unfortunately, the food isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/13/2013Unfortunately, the food is just so/so in this Italian restaurant. The service was good though.
- The food is fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013The food is fantastic and the staff is terrific. They are friendly and attentive. Love this place. Special kudos to Manager/Owner Danko and staff Ronald.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Very accommodating, friendly staff. Went out of their way to make out-of-towners feel at home on Easter Sunday. Priced very reasonably and all four of us loved our selections. We are from New York where we are somewhat spoiled with great Italian eateries. Ristorante Murail did not disappoint! Planning to be back in Crystal City soon and I will be back!Special Features:
- To be fair, there was a largeRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 3/19/2013To be fair, there was a large party that had the cocktails hour(s) portion of the event spill out into the dining room, so the noise was close to unbearable. Perhaps, the kitchen was giddy with anticipation with serving this large group as the food was mediocre at best with skimpy portions to make the evening a loss both in terms of culinary expertise for the money spent.
- This is one of our "go to"OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2013This is one of our "go to" restaurants. Always efficient but friendly service with high quality food. Love the grilled calamari salad appetizer!Special Features:
- Extremely slow service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Extremely slow service. We waited over 1 hour for our entree, which were very simple dishes. Chicken breast with penne pasta (overpriced for sure).
- Great experience and terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great experience and terrific food. Our server was great and very attentive.Special Features:
- the service was quick butmisswonderful531Dined on 2/10/2013the service was quick but the waiter was not enganing at all- was hanging out in the back dining room with other waiters. We never got to hear the specials. it was really "blah" service. The food was really average. It came fast as if it was already sitting waiting to be served. I ordered the filet but i have had better at Outback. Desser was creme brulee and it was runny and cold.Special Features:
- The area has so many greatLMainVIPDined on 2/6/2013The area has so many great restaurants to offer. While there are superior restaurants, Murali serves well prepared dishes, has a convenient location, and attentive servers. I have been before and will certainly continue my patronage.Special Features:
- Very pleasant, casual dining.KathleenDined on 1/25/2013Very pleasant, casual dining. Waiter was enthusiastic and good. Pumpkin ravioli and cioppino were both excellent, though cioppino broth could have been hotter.Special Features:
- The food is "GREAT" The serverAWESOMEDined on 12/31/2012The food is "GREAT" The server was exceptional. The attention that the server gave to me and the other party was superb.Special Features:
- Didn't ImpressBillDined on 12/18/2012Food was good but mot the best Italian in the area. Considering the price which was DC corporate traveler range ($$$), we expected more. Waiter was disinterested even though it was nearing closing time on a weeknight. Would need to be far better for a return by us. Lived in Italy and expect high quality for the price range but were disappointed.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2012The food was delicious and attractively presented. While the service was attentive, it was very slow, even though the restaurant was not overly crowded.Special Features:
- We went here to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/4/2012We went here to celebrate my birthday and absolutely loved it. We've been before and have always had consistently great service. The food is always delicious and they have great wine pairings. Must check out when there are so few Italian options in the Pentagon/Crystal City areaSpecial Features:
- After three visits, I canLike2eatoutDined on 11/13/2012After three visits, I can write that I have enjoyed every meal. If you like pasta dishes, the seasonal pumpkin ravioli is definitely worth a try. Service is attentive and tables are spaced sufficiently apart so you don't feel cramped.Special Features:
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Food was decent, but unimpressive. Service staff were friendly and sincere, but it seemed like they were under-staffed due to the slowness and inaccuracy of their efforts. I felt the prices were too high for the experience.
- Food was good, service attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012Food was good, service attentive, but wine list was weak
- not going backyumchaVIPDined on 9/13/2012My Scallops were burned and bitter and rubbery. Pepper sauce didn't have flavor. Veal was little better...didn't care for american bread they served.
- Went on a Thursday and satPhilDined on 8/16/2012Went on a Thursday and sat outdoors to listen to the Thursday night concert in the Pentagon Row square. Got seated right away. Had some nice white wine and seafood.
- My boyfriend and I loved everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012My boyfriend and I loved everything about Ristorante Murali. The food was amazing and served at the perfect speed. The service was extremely friendly and helpful. Overall, eating dinner here was a great experience and was the best dinner we had out entire vacation. Will be coming back next time in the area for sure!Special Features:
- Food is very good, large portions.PeggyDined on 8/4/2012Food is very good, large portions. It tends to be Southern Italian - a bit heavy but very tasty!Special Features:
- Kateryna's the Best!BryanVIPDined on 7/15/2012We love Muralis and eat there whenever we get a chance. We had a really mediocre waiter, but Kateryna saved the day. She's the best; ask for her and you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Sitting outside was wonderful.FrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/13/2012Sitting outside was wonderful. It's clear from the clientele that many live in the neighborhood. Food was good, though not outstanding. Pentagon Row, where the restaurant is located is a really charming center.Special Features:
- Good Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012Great service... good food and wine. Affordable and nice *;-)Special Features:
- The restaurant was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012The restaurant was lacking energy. It was just a so-so experience. Service was fine.
- Superb location & yummy ItalianDivasDined on 6/15/2012I had the talapia & it was melt in your mouth delish. I had never been to Pentagon Row before & was surprised at how cute the area is. Will definitely return. Ambiance was excellent.Special Features:
- Food and wine excellent.crvrmvDined on 5/30/2012Food and wine excellent. Service was even better. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- I was at the restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012I was at the restaurant for a business meeting, and I appreciated that the noise level was low enough to allow for conversation. The service was good. I had a salad with blackened chicken strips, but it was not very good. The chicken tasted like it had been refrigerated too long, and even with the very light blackening, it was tasteless. I hardly touched it.Special Features:
- Spring at Last!BryanVIPDined on 5/12/2012Spring at last and we can begin dining outside again!Special Features:
- This was our first time atVAfoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2012This was our first time at this restaurant, but will not be our last. We had two of the specials which were very good. Our server helped us with the wine and was very attentive. Although we ate on the early side, the restaurant did get busier and the noise level was still good for us.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and wine.BillVIPDined on 4/12/2012Outstanding food and wine. Small group for lunch. Prompt, attentive service.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012This was our second visit to Murali's. Three of the four dishes we ordered were fine. The problem was that my "grillante fettucine," which consisted of fettucine noodles in a white sauce and a pork chop, italian sausage, and piece of chicken, was way overcooked and dry. My conclusion was that the meat had been cooked long before, sat around, and was reheated to be served.
- Risotto was mediocre. ArugulaBoringVIPDined on 3/21/2012Risotto was mediocre. Arugula salad was good. Anastasia was an excellent server.
- Excellent appetizer whichRestaurantweeksamplerVIPDined on 3/16/2012Excellent appetizer which could be a meal in itself. tasty main course. Enjoyed it!Special Features: