Live Sushi Bar
2001 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Potrero Hill / Dogpatch
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Live Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.livesushibar.com/
- Phone: 4158618610x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Jackson Yu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Live Sushi is the premiere sushi caterer in the Bay Area for all of your sushi needs. Our experienced chefs, combined with a phenomenal menu, can create and present unparalleled sushi for your next special event. No event is too large or small for you and your guests to enjoy the highest quality sushi and service available. From sushi platters to on-site sushi bars, we offer the very best of everything sushi.
A word from Live Sushi Bar
Nestled in the heart of Potrero Hill you'll find Live Sushi Bar a "come as you are", comfortable and inviting neighborhood sushi bar; serving both lunch and dinner. Come enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of our casual dining room or grab a seat at the bar and have some fun with our professional and creative sushi chefs. Live Sushi brings a fresh spin to your sushi favorites, offering unique interpretations and creative live specialties including live scallop, live uni, fresh oyster and spanish mackerel. From our specialty rolls to our authentic appetizer, there's something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Live Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- I really like Live Sushi.SteveFromSeattleDined on 7/30/2008I really like Live Sushi. The food is excellent, the service polite and competent, and you can actually find on-street parking in the neighborhood! This is a place that is going on my list of regular stops.Special Features:
- The service was half decent,OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/17/2008The service was half decent, but the food was not fresh. All 4 of us ended up getting sick. I will not return to this restaurant again.
- A very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2008A very enjoyable experience for a casual dinner. Great food.Special Features:
- The staff are friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2008The staff are friendly and helpful. What we enjoy most is the sushi bar and their extensive Sake list.Special Features:
- The live scallop and waluOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2008The live scallop and walu are excellent!!! and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Very cool... We will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/20/2008Very cool... We will be back. They really took care of us and made us feel very special.Special Features:
- We sat at the bar. In theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2008We sat at the bar. In the past, it's always been great. Jackson is fun, and he recommended some fresh items that were fantastic. But this time we ordered from a server who wasn't nearly as knowledgeable and took a while getting us our check. IMO, if you sit at the bar, you should order directly from the chefs.
- A very good Sushi Bar. TheRocioVIPDined on 5/30/2008A very good Sushi Bar. The service was excellent. It is rare to find a sushi bar well stocked with a wide variety of Saki. The Saki flight offered was well priced and provided a good experience. The sushi and presentation was very good. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- The fish and seafood are notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008The fish and seafood are not top quality, and I definitely won't eat them raw. Only order cooked / fried food smothered in mayo or teriyaki sauce. Not a place that Japanese go to for real sushi.
- Live sushi is a place I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Live sushi is a place I would return to. It has very good food for a very fair price. Good sushi often costs a fortune, but Live Sushi is a great place to get your fill without feeling guilty about how much you spent.
- Best kept secret about findingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2008Best kept secret about finding good quality sushi at a nice price. Street parking was easy to find on a Friday night. There were several open tables when we arrived at 8pm but there was a waiting line when we left.Special Features:
- This is place is great! AllOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2008This is place is great! All the sushi was fresh. The sushi and sake recommendation from the host was outstanding. The restaurant had modern decor that made you feel relax. If you are a sushi lover go try that place. It is moderately priced, but you will be satisfied. I recommend the Bergschneider Roll, Potato Bug Roll, and Dragon Roll (those are actually the only one that we tried, but I am sure everything is great.) If you are there for the lunch special (500-630) I recommend the sake sampler. I am really happy with the experience. This is be one of the only sushi place I will go to from now on.Special Features:
- The food was good but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/25/2008The food was good but nothing really popped. The flavors were a bit bland and all seemed similar. The ambiance and service were great and I plan to come back to try the saki flights.Special Features:
- Cutest setting, friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2008Cutest setting, friendly staff, and a F A B U L O U S sake list!Special Features: