Trapeze European Cuisine
266 Lorton Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trapeze European Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trapezerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503444242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:30pm -10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Kazankaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room accommodates 35 people for a very private dining experience for birthdays, baby showers, weddings, family gatherings, business meetings, etc. We offer complete privacy for any of your casual and business events.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Tosun 6503444242
A word from Trapeze European Cuisine
Everything is the best quality. We have it all, free range beef, poultry, seafood, homemade pasta and bread, chemical free fruits and vegetables. If we can't tempt you from our regular menu, or daily specials, just ask your server and we'll see what we can come up with to please you. We also have a wide selection of wines, along with a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trapeze European Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- going homefoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2013we always enjoy TRAPEZE; it's like being greeted by family when we go there. Steve always has a smile and a kiss; all the staff treats us with gracious warmth. They are especially accomodating with special requests. It's our "go to" restaurant if we want to be assured of good food, great bar, comforable ambiance and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing To Write Home AboutoutnaboutDined on 11/14/2013While the ambience is pleasant, the food is average at best. The antipasti sampler we ordered felt like it came directly from the Safeway pre-packaged section. Likewise my pasta sauce tasted like it came from a jar. And to top it off, while the server was pleasant, he was not exactly attentive even though it was not crowded at all. To sum it up, very disappointed.
- New find in Burlingame - TrapezeChitoDined on 11/13/2013Very good dining experience. They also allow us to bring our own wine. Food was to our expectation . We can recommend and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Away PartyakodaVIPDined on 11/12/2013We had a going away party at Trapeze. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. When it got a little warm inside, the front windows open on to the street and we had a nice breeze.Special Features:
- I ordered the seafood paellachocloveVIPDined on 11/11/2013I ordered the seafood paella at Trapeze. It was quite fresh and tasty, however, it tasted more like a risotto than a paella! My wife ordered a burger, and she was not particularly thrilled with it. My family ordered two desserts to share, the bread pudding and a hazelnut-wafer/chocolate creme dish. The bread pudding was fairly good, the hazelnut/chocolate dish was not at all notable. So their desserts could use some improvement. Like many Italian restaurants in the area, this one would benefit from a more adventurous menu; it is tiring to see the same dishes everywhere.
- Great Social Graces DO Exist!LuckyMe49VIPDined on 10/29/2013The manner in which you are treated in this restaurant is amazing. They truly cater to you. The table staff is beyond polite & knowledgeable. Their food is hot & served properly. It is SO tasty, you have trouble choosing what you want! They make you feel special here and satisfied enough to come back many times again! Their Skirt Steak & Frites are fantastic; the Kobe Burger to DIE for and the night we came recently, the Chilean Sea Bass was like BUTTER! They do not rush you out of your seat. It is not their goal to "turn the table" quickly, but to have you RETURN again! This truly is a gem in the neighborhood. We were turned onto it by friends in the area and we return as often as possible. Owner always comes to the table to say hello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this place....lunch ormpraughtDined on 10/26/2013Luv this place....lunch or dinner, always fresh, tasty, & original in a typical Italian resteurant from the city by the bay....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the HenFoodMakesMeHappyDined on 10/24/2013I made a reservation and requested a table near the window or in a corner, and even though the restaurant was relatively empty when we got there at 8, we we seated next to a loud group of people. Despite this, we had a great time. They're appetizers were small, but delicious, calamari was our go-to appetizer, much crispier than olive garden, I'll tell you that. But the best part of the meal was the Cornish Hen, it was DELICIOUS! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Moist, well seasoned, and not at all what I was expecting, I was thinking that it would be a little gamey almost, but it was far from it, and that's saying a lot when our other dish was the lamb shank. The sauce for the lamb shank was mediocre, it was tender, but comparably worse than the hen.
- Great serviceLulubrownVIPDined on 10/22/2013Had a great lunch. (One pasta dish, one veggie wrap - both yummy). The service is what stands out. Fabulous waiters, friendly, knowledgable and a sense of humor!Special Features:
- repeat dinerstanDined on 10/6/2013Have had a very fine dining experience multiple times. Have also had 3 meeting events in the rear private dining room. Very nice food quality, presentation, and wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in BurlingameWiggygirlDined on 10/4/2013Trapeze is hands down the best restaurant in Burlingame. We frequent Trapeze often. Their finesse with European cuisine is always subtle and delicious. The service is consistently great. Outdoor dining is often a great option, white table service with reasonable prices and portions. We highly recommend the wild mushroom tortellini. Parking and weather are always a breeze. We opt to travel to Burlingame more often than fighting the parking and wait in San Francisco. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/1/2013I've been here more a few times now and each time, I come away satisfied with service and quality of the food.Special Features:
- Solid RestaurantKKKKDined on 9/27/2013The food is always good and the service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/24/2013What a perfect little place! Not so small, but it feels intimate. Excellent in every way.Special Features:
- A great meal at Trapeze!WLeeDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I took our son and fiance out to dinner at Trapeze last Saturay. It's a small, neighborhood restaurant that has gone through several restaurant iterations in the past years. We had early reservations for 6:30. When we got there, there was a large party in the back of the restaurant, but they were probably the most civil and reserved group of about 15-20 people we could have had. The food was great, not overly seasoned but fresh and wholesome. The dinner salads are large enough to share with two people. I had the crab ravioli for my main course, and it was good without being heavy and overly rich. A pretty good place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodSandraDined on 9/14/2013My favorite part of their menu is their homemade pastas. I think we have tried all of them now, and my favorite is their veggie ravioli! Not a good romantic spot, due to their noise level, but great for groups!Special Features:
- Love The Steak WrapOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2013Can't be the steak wrap. Delicious and nice portion. Been here a numerous time now....very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living Room of my friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013I felt like I was visiting an old friend even though I have only been to this restaurant twice. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLambDined on 7/31/2013Food was excellent. Service was very good until when we left, I said "thank you and goodbye" but the waiters did not say anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2013The food was disappointing...possibly new chef in the kitchen...will not return any time soon...
- Home made!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/26/2013Everything we ate there was obviously made on site. The "vegetarian burger" made with polenta was terrific and their french fries were some of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for alfresco diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2013Fun place for alfresco dining. The Kobe burger and the wraps are great for lunch.Special Features:
- Still UndiscoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2013A real gem sitting in Burlingame undiscovered...great food and quiet but efficient service... we've been there 8 or 9 times and have never had a bad experience nor a bad meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2013The skirt steak pannini and the Kobe burger are highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great, again.GreenBuilderDined on 6/14/2013My only disappointment was that my beloved dipping oil was changed. I suspect the locals enjoyed the change to the garlic infused oil, but I brought a person new to the restaurant and was talking up the other oil. Luckily everything else was great. I gave my a gift certificate to come back and she was quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the Best.BurbsGalDined on 5/23/2013Lord knows I do not want to reveal this neighborhood secret to the masses, but with all the construction going on in Burlingame Ave, this is the best place to avoid all the traffic and enjoy a bit of sunshine. Great food, great atmosphere, great service, best bar in all of Burlingame Ave. I've been working in Burlingame since 1998, and this is still my #1 go-to for work events, for girls-night get-togethers, and for Weekend cocktail-salad-with-sun-on-my-face-afternoons. The owner personally selects all the meats he serves, the Sea Bass is unbelievable. There is something for everyone here - you will NOT be disappointed, and at some point, you will be happy that not everybody knows about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in BurlingameOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013Frequent this spot regularly. As such, feel treated like it is an extension of my home. Wonderful care and service and food, at quite reasonable prices. Everyone should try this place. I predict you will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was fair. We orderedFriendlyFredDined on 5/12/2013Food was fair. We ordered garlic bread. It came with chopped RAW garlic on top of buttered toasted bread. The quail had crisp skin but was plated skin down in a gravy.
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/12/2013The service was terrible. My salad came right before the main course and our server was only there to serve our food and give us our check. So disappointing.
- Best restaurant in BurlingameOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013This my favorite restaurant in Burlingame great service and food. Always busy and a great place for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried calamari is a bitChloeVIPDined on 4/13/2013The fried calamari is a bit greasy. The scallop/prawn appetizer was not seared as the menu stated, instead they were fried. The pasta was good and came out steamy which is good. Our order was mixed up but the waiter kindly and quickly re-ordered it. I like the setting and atmosphere. If the food can be more consistent, it would be a great place to revisit.
- Just the Best Food, StaffJenaVIPDined on 4/3/2013Just the Best Food, Staff and Ambiance. We love Trapeze. Reservations are recommended as they are getting really, really popular. One thing we really love is that the Owner searches and shops for organic specials that his chef really knows how to preapre. Game birds, rabbit, wild boar, Kobe Beef, etc.Special Features:
- A very good meal with closeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2013A very good meal with close friends...this place is still somewhat undiscovered...the only minus...and it's a small minus, was the "bar scene" ...I guess there are Friday night "regulars" and during the first half of the evening it was loud but soon the bar crowd dissipated and it was easy to have convivial conversation...good choice for small groups...great kitchen with an ambitious and inventive menu...Special Features:
- Old World CharmBBoyVIPDined on 3/27/2013Excellent experience - food is was very good, and unique. Clear pride of ownership and staff - a bit of old world charm. Gluten free was supported.. Desert was excellent...Special Features:
- Trapeze is awesomeBBoyVIPDined on 3/25/2013Great spot for small or large groups (they have a banquest room in the back) Food is really good and staff is very friendly!Special Features:
- Delicious & noisySuzanneVIPDined on 3/22/2013Been a while since we had dined @ Trapeze and it has changed management since. My husband happened to know the Owner & our daughter (who was with us had worked with our waiter @ Spiedo's couple years back...however, he never acknowledged her at all). Our reservation was @ 6:30 & the Bar was full as well as the restaurant. The food came out timely with beautiful presentation & was delicious. However, it was so noisy that we could hardly carry on a conversation which took away from the experience. Waiter was prompt but unfriendly which was a bit confusing since he had known us from the past. However we will go back...but during the week & maybe a bit earlier so the noise level will be more comfortable instead of a Friday nightSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant but the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2013Great restaurant but the noise level is out of control.
- I took 2 friends there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2013I took 2 friends there for lunch -- one from Texas and the other from Pebble Beach. They enjoyed the food, the ambiance, and the great service. It wasn't too busy, we arrived @1:15, so the noise level, for Saturday lunch, wasn't bad , and we were able to have great conversations and to catch up with each other.Special Features:
- Paella?FarWestattendeeDined on 2/22/2013Very disappointed with the Paella; maybe describe as Paella inspired but not as the authentic dish. It looked and felt like a risotto. My company was not impressed with their dishes either. Great ingredients but not great execution. Still deserves a good overall review for the ambiance and service. Maybe too high expectations for the area.Special Features:
- good food but for a ThursdaySharVIPDined on 2/15/2013good food but for a Thursday night it had a very vibrant bar scene - lots of noise. Would ask for a seat in the back next time and there will definitely be a next time... Summer it is nice to sit outside but not February.Special Features: