20 West Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bernardsridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034388282x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm. Closed Monday's.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Bouissou
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: WE offer off-premise catering. Please call Elizabeth at (203)856-2537 for more information.
- Entertainment: Sarah's wine bar features live music Wednesday thru Saturday & our Jazz Masters Series the last Sunday of each month. Bernard's offer live piano music Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday brunch
- Special Events: Bernard's offers Wine tasting Dinner, cooking classes, Author luncheons, Jazz Masters Series and live entertainment
A word from Bernard's
Bernard's features contemporary French Cuisine in an elegant Country Inn setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bernard's - Best Restaurants in Ridgefield ›
Bernard's reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (30)romantic (27)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Love Bernard's!LUVPCDined on 4/20/2014Such a wonderful experience -- again! Forgot to mention when reserving a table that one of our guests cannot manage stairs, but our table was waiting for us on the second floor. No worries! The Bernard's welcoming team addressed the matter immediately and without making us feel uncomfortable. The food selections for appetizer and were terrific, and just the right amount of food was served for each course. Loved the precursor treat and the dessert! A consistently wonderful experience overall!Special Features:
- Superb dining experience!OnthegoDined on 4/20/2014We are never disappointed when we eat at Bernard's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first class in every wayJoanieDined on 4/16/2014everything about Bernard's was top notch! the food was perfectly prepared and plated beautifully....service equaled it. The wine list is excellent and the complimentary dessert wine was the perfect end to a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Bernard's is always wonderful.SabinaVIPDined on 4/6/2014Bernard's is always wonderful. Sunday brunch ( a three-course prix fixe meal) provides too much food for me. I prefer an a al carte menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEvelynDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Bernard's very much. We will definitely go back again some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in Ridgefield!FoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014How fortunate we are to have Bernard cooking his highly personal style of French food at such an exalted level here at home in CT! The wine list will astound you with its breadth, quality and reasonable prices. The old mansion is charming , the service warm and the welcome from Bernard's wife Sarah makes you feel right at home. Don't miss their casual upstairs wine bar with live music 4 nights a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST BIRTHDAY EVER !!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2014What better place to spend one's birthday with great friends, amazing food and in a elegant space. Thank you for making my birthday so special !!Special Features:
- Delightful restaurant. OneReddogDined on 3/16/2014Delightful restaurant. One of the best restaurants ever gone to. We have been multiple times for dinner and the restaurant is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Three of my friends and I went to Bernards on Sunday for Bruch for a friends 55th birthday. Based on all of the rave reviews we were all very excited despite the 45 min ride to the restaurant. Unfortuantely we didn't have the best experience. The ambiance was there, it was quite so you could talk , the bread was fabulous and the service was outstanding. However, the quality of the food overall was seriously lacking- not to mention BRUNCH for 4 was $300!! The appetizers were very small, 2 of the main courses (veal shank) had a outrageous amount of fat and 3 of the 4 were underwhelmed in dessert. Overall don't think we'll be going back anytime soonSpecial Features:
- Service was excellent…foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Service was excellent…food was very good but lacking in creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernard's never disappointsthehonestfoodieDined on 3/6/2014I could spend an entire week reading the wine list, it is so extensive. Luckily they have experts to help you pick the exact wine you are looking for! Our suggestion was perfect and enhanced our dinner. Everything on the menu is to die for. I have thoroughly enjoyed every meal I have eaten at Bernard's! It is just the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.newbyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great Food. Great Service. Made for a very enjoyable experience and evening.Special Features:
- French Gem in RidgefieldrtbryantDined on 2/21/2014Bernard's is a great restaurant in a small, beautiful Connecticut town. The food was creative, perfectly prepared with top ingredients and very French. The place is comfortable and quiet enough to actually have a conversation. The wine list is exceptional and very deep with many older vintages. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In love with Bernard's!LaraInBethelDined on 2/14/2014Ohhh my goodness. Were do I start? Everything tasted amazing and well planned. Exquisite flavors with gorgeous undertones and overtones. The detail made our night so special. Thank you Bernard's! We will be back!! The BaddoursSpecial Features:
- High End DisjointClue84VIPDined on 2/14/2014Bernard's is a very nice place. Great food, nice ambiance. But they seemed very unprepared for Valentine's Day. Upon being seated, we waited 15 minutes to get menu/drink order. Menu was price fixe, understandable on such a night. Wine list is truly great. Breadth and value present. Venison and Sea Bass were delicious, but my wife was given no steak knife, so she had to hack away at the venison. After dinner coffee arrived after we had settled our check, approximately 40 minutes after we had ordered it. Coat retreival took 15 minutes. Patron in front of my wife took his tip back. Clearly a special place, but needs to focus on better planning for such occasions. We will give it another try on a non-holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special eveningJoe3565Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and i spent Valentines day at Bernard's. The food, ambiance, and services were impeccable. I especially liked the appetizers (Lobster Rabiolo, and Foi Gras)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ValentineAnniversaryValentineDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere and quality of the food was excellent, made with the highest quality ingredients and cooked to perfection of flavor, health and nutrition. The music was also wonderful. We had a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Bernard's was wonderful!SabinaVIPDined on 2/8/2014Lunch at Bernard's was wonderful! As always! The lobster bisque is sublime.Special Features:
- great food , albeit littleraymondDined on 2/1/2014great food , albeit little too slow wtg for the entrees. very nice quiet mature ambience. waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal at Bernards!jelly718Dined on 2/1/2014This is only our second visit in 5 years, but both times were memorable. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Lovely older former Inn, nicestDocSteveDined on 1/18/2014Lovely older former Inn, nicest restaurant in Ridgefield CT, caters many family parties and events. Service was excellent, tables spaced apart for privacy, a place for grownups to dine in comfort in the country setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernard's in Ridgefield, CT.Dad24Dined on 1/10/2014Bernard's offers the finest in food, service and atmosphere with a piano playing softly in the background. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's at BernardsMeyerMouthDined on 12/31/2013Bernards is usually a delight; New Year's eve may have thrown the kitchen a curve, as only two dishes out of the seven or so we were served measured up to the quality we've come to expect here. Bay scallops in a beurre blanc were excellent -as was the bass we were able to substitute for the meat and fowl options. Service was gracious and (relatively) speedy, given the packed dining room. The star here remains the superb Wine List, which lists terrific values on older vintage Burgundies and Bordeaux. This list rivals that of any other place that cares about wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationGreatfoodDined on 12/28/2013We had an absolutely wonderful time at Bernard's for our daughter's 21st Birthday celebration. The ambiance was beautiful, with the addition of wonderful piano music in the background. The food was creative and delicious, to say the least. Desserts and wines were also delicious. Service was excellent. The evening was perfect! Sarah is a gem. Bernard's is truly "perfection".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special PlaceCHWoDined on 12/27/2013This restaurant never fails to please. The staff is attentive, food always good. It is fairly expensive but if you can squeeze it into the budget, well worth effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerJimBDined on 12/25/2013Great place for gathering or just a romantic dinner. I was looking for a place for Christmas dinner an d just googled resturants open on Christmas Day and this was one of the places that came up. After reading the reviews decided to book a reservation for Christmas dinner. We were not disappointed. The food is fabulous !!!! Wait staff very attentive. We had the best dinner every. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the fourth year weSagbrookDined on 12/25/2013This was the fourth year we spent Christmas dinner at Bernard's. It never disappoints. Wonderful food, service and ambience. Will probably go again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely Christmas Eve!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2013Restaurant was tastefully decorated -lovely ambiance for a special holiday enhanced by falling snow. Limited menu but probably something for everyone. Was not apparent when made reservation that it would be a limited pris-fixe meal. Staff was a bit stressed and not as on-the-ball as in previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!Jams19Dined on 12/24/2013Bernard's is a gem of a restaurant and is always consistently good... Warm, friendly service...lovely deck dining in warm weather, fireplaces in winter!....our favorite restaurant....special. It not too fussy...would not wear shorts to eat in the dining room, but casual is fine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A party of 3 for Xmas Eve:SandysRascalDined on 12/24/2013A party of 3 for Xmas Eve: The food was excellent. Oysters were absolutely fresh, briny and substantial. The pate app, was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. The entrees of Beef Wellington, tenderloin of venison and sea bass were each flawlessly executed. The sauce on the venison complimented the entree without overpowering the flavor of the meat. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Plates and glassware were cleared quickly and subtly. We have been to Bernard's perhaps 10 times over the years and it remains one of our 2 favorites in the state. While not an inexpensive restaurant, the quality and superiority of what they serve compared tot eh cost makes this an untouchable value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2013My family chose Bernard's to celebrate a birthday (we had not eaten there before), and it was amazing. Our waiter, Edwin, was extremely helpful in suggesting wines (it is a HUGE wine list) and menu items. When the pianist (Johnny Morris) sat down to play light jazz, we were delighted with his music. The pacing of the meal was spot-on and very gracious, and the food was absolutely delicious. What a perfect evening - we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Ambiance, food is just okBobandPattiDined on 12/21/2013Festively decorated for the holidays, quaint, warm and cozy atmosphere - Service was novice, but friendly.....bus boy kept hitting my chair.... Food was mediocre.....we had the T-Bone steak for two at $48 P/P...much too pricy for what is was.....nothing special. Extensive wine list......affordable prices included. We tried the restaurant because we attended a Christmas Big Band concert by John Tesh at the Ridgefield Playhouse and it was close by. We will try something different next time.Special Features:
- Food and service at Bernard'sSabinaVIPDined on 12/21/2013Food and service at Bernard's are always great. That is why we go there so often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentvonmegahertzDined on 12/18/2013I've been dining here since 1969, through various owners and names for this restaurant. The Boisserts have Bernard's at a pinnacle. They are providing top New York quality at Fairfield County prices, typically less than half of what you would pay in the City for comparable cuisine. In that both Bernard and Sarah previously were employed at Le Cirque, this is not surprising. Overall, Bernard's is a clear contender for Best Restaurant in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fine exceptJMACDined on 12/14/2013Everything was fine except for one meal, a fish meal, that I thought was pretty skimpy. No other complaints. Although my wife and I love this restaurant, I think the other couple were not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, average foodgourmet77Dined on 12/12/2013While the highly tradidional dining rooms was quite pleasant, the food was average at best for the price. Service was friendly but slow. Desertas was nothing to write homw about. The wine list was very complete and sophisticated. Surely not a hip place with a cool crowd but your typical New England eatery on the very conservative side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit to Bernard'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013My first visit to Bernard's was a wonderful experience. I went for Sunday brunch, and the food was truly outstanding. My only issue was the attention of our waiter. It seemed that as the dining room filled up, the demand on our waiter resulted in some slower service. But it was not enough to dampen the experience.Special Features:
- Loved itmikedinerDined on 12/7/2013Had not been here for years. Forgot how good it was. Very creative dishes, wonderfully executed, served by knowledgeable and attentive staff, in a perfect environment. Nothing more to ask for. Retreating to the cozy wine bar upstairs after dinner was a nice treat, too. Live jazz, and no pressure to buy anything. Staff was gracious about us just taking up space and finishing our conversation before departing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernards is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2013Bernards is one of the best French Restaurants in all of New England.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving tradition the easy wayReddingFamilyDined on 11/28/2013We find that we can count on sitting back and having a relaxing holiday with our kids, their kids and our dear friends over delicious food, great service and in a warm, soft, beautiful setting on Thanksgiving at Bernard's. It has taken all the stress away so that no matter who we invite along, we know they will be impressed with the quality of the food and the service and all we need to do is enjoy each other's company. Thank you, Bernard's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.