Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
1355 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ktrg.net/limelight-supper-club-and-lounge/
- Phone: 7202279984
- Hours of Operation:
For information about pre-show availability, and reservations, call (720) 227-9984.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available from Kevin Taylor Catering. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: 14th and Curtis Streets, in the DPAC
- Public Transit: We are two blocks from the Colorado Convention Center and Lightrail stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Garage on Arapahoe between 14th and 13th or under the Complex on 13th Street. Take the elevators to the main level (3), and immediately turn to right.
A word from Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
This chic, modern venue, centrally-located within the Denver Center for Performing Arts, is a popular gathering place for theater attendees and downtown diners alike. Serving dinner on performance days, as well as brunch prior to weekend matinées, it is perhaps most popular for a quick intermission cocktail. Guests are even allowed to carry a glass of wine back to the lobby of their theatres!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008The food was excellent, but our server was awful. We would have stayed for dessert but didn't want to put up with her terrible service any longer.Special Features:
- This restaurant got off toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008This restaurant got off to a mediocre start and appears to have only gotten worse. We started tracking service mistakes (over 12 total)after we saw two courses of our food delivered to the wrong table twice in a row, get carried around the dining room and brought back to the kitchen before finding its way back. Service personnel had everyones' orders wrong, not just at our table but at several tables nearby...lack of silverware, cold coffee-spilled all over the plates, one fermented dessert which was promised to be removed from the bill-AND WAS NOT!! This restaurant has the ultimate location- absolutely convenient to those seeing a show at DPAC and yet, we have vowed to walk blocks away to dine at ANY OTHER other restaurant in the future.
- This was our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2008This was our second visit, since it opened up late last year. Both times our salads came out very quickly, but ended up waiting too long before our main dishes came out. Both times we had to eat quickly, so we wouldn't be late for our concerts. Even with an hour and half of dinning time, both times, we still felt rushed. If we come back, we'll make sure that we allow two hours for our meals, which is a little crazy when we only have two courses.....Special Features:
- Our entrée's were very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2008Our entrée's were very good, however both the appetizers and cappuccino's fell into mediocrity. The Crab Louie consisted of smelly chunks of warm crab meat on a few strands of lettuce and pearl tomatoes. We ordered decaf coffee after dinner, only to be told they had none, incredibly. We went with decaf cappuccino, which was not even luke warm, and had no hint of froth. And to think we paid for that. The service, however, was exemplary, and I feel certain if we had complained, our waiter would have rectified the situation. Being under a time crunch to get to the theater, we felt it necessary to forgo the process. Some patrons at the table next to us had the roast chicken, and complained that it was pink and red around the bone.
- Good for lunch before a matineeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008Good for lunch before a matinee in one of the theatres. On the day that I ate there, there were only 1-2 matinees scheduled, so the restaurant was not very full. I'm sure that the atmosphere would be different on a busy day.Special Features:
- Sat for quite a while beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2008Sat for quite a while before our order was taken. Waiter was very "strange". Duck pate was good, but caesar salad had enough dressing on it for 5 more portions. It was inedible.
- Unfortunately, the best thingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008Unfortunately, the best thing about this restaurant is its convenient location within the DPCA complex if you are attending a performance there. The food is okay, but not great. The service was very good. It really would be nice if they had really wonderful food, but so far none of the restaurants at that location have been that great. Not sure we will go there again other than for last minute convenience.
- Service was slow even afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2008Service was slow even after we told our waiter we had a 7:30 show. We had no time dor dessert or coffee.Special Features:
- This was a perfect fit forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2008This was a perfect fit for our evening. We had show tickets for 7:30 and our reservation was for 6:30. The staff was very accommodating and considerate of the timing. The food was delicious; we tasted each other's food so had a good sampling and enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Absolutely superb food. UnderstateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/16/2008Absolutely superb food. Understated ambiance. Expensive.Special Features:
- Great to have this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2008Great to have this restaurant right in the theater/concert complex. Very convenient.Special Features:
- Some of the plates were quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2008Some of the plates were quite good, e.g., the poached lobster; others like the Caesar salad, which was swimming in too much dressing and soggy, were disappointing. The service was friendly and efficient (although the promised adjustment for the inedible salad was not made on the check). The ambiance is pleasant and the setting ideal for a pre-performance meal.
- It was a lovely dinner befittingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008It was a lovely dinner befitting the environment in which it operates. I advised them that one thing that we missed from the days of its predecessor Theater Cafe was the presence of a pianist and singer who often played and sang during dinner.
- The main attraction of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The main attraction of this restaurant is location: it is in the Denver Performing Arts Center and so serves the pre-concert or pre-theater crowd. The food was pretty good: lobster was outstanding, pork chop was undercooked but excellent taste. The server was friendly and amazingly efficient. The one really poor aspect is their phone system, which is beyond awful. Also, be warned: not only can you not phone and tell them if you will be 15 minutes late, but it wouldn't matter anyway - they give away tables just 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- Great upgrade from TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2008Great upgrade from Theatre Cafe. Great food at fair prices. Chair are not comfortable and are hard to move in out as one stands up and down. When we ordered our second bottle of wine there were not more so we had to switch which we did not appreciate. Our server Caroline at table 25 on April 12 was exceptional.
- It was a nice experience,girlgolferVIPDined on 4/10/2008It was a nice experience, but chairs are very uncomfortable. Great price point and value. Staff was very courteous and service was attentive.Special Features:
- The food is very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2008The food is very good, but somewhat overpriced for the size of the portions. Because you cater to the theater crowd, I would suggest keeping the portion sizes but lowering the prices. The drinks are also VERY high.
- We've eaten here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008We've eaten here a few times over the last few months and the best service was the evening we ate in the bar - the bartenders were fun and helpful (which was not the evening of April 7th). The food is always delicious but the prices are outrageous and the portions small. Our most recent dining experience, April 7th - we ate in the restaurant and asked for a steak knife to cut pork chops and were told the restaurant doesn't have any; also the chef would not allow any substitutions regardless of dietary necessity. Not the kind of service I would expect from a Kevin Taylor restaurant.
- What a great addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2008What a great addition to the DCPA. We love the ambience and are always amazed at how they manage to get everyone to their various venues on time and at the same time give the impression of a relaxing evening. It is also one of our favorite spots for late-night dessert.Special Features:
- Great for pre theatre dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008Great for pre theatre dinner. Really liked the food and prices. Keep them reasonable and we will be back every theatre night we have!Special Features:
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2008This was my second visit. First time, very good food and good service. Second time, very good food, but service was poor. Slow, lots of forgotten items, Also, my martini glass arrived only 2/3 full, and I had not been asked a preference for the gin, unlike on my first visit.
- The food was terrific, theChrisFieldVIPDined on 4/2/2008The food was terrific, the wait staff attentive, [but not overbearing] and the prices were reasonable. My wife and I will certainly return.Special Features:
- The food was as good as anyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2008The food was as good as any I've found in Denver. The restaurant is much better than the restaurant it replaced, which might not be saying much, but it's great to have another excellent restaurant in the DCPA complex, in addition to Kevin Taylor's restaurant in the opera house. The ambiance in Limelight is slightly cold, though, again, a great improvement over the previous restaurant in the space. I think you could turn up the music (we were forced to share in the very personal conversation from the next table) and maybe add some bolder art.Special Features:
- My dining companions and IOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2008My dining companions and I were extremely disappointed. While the food was delicious, the service was horrible. The waiter was slow, rude and cavalier. When the service manager stopped by our table to ask about the food and service, we laid it on him. He apologized and comp'd our first round of drinks. The service continued to decline. He stopped by again, and we laid out the issues. The service never improved. Denver has a lot of "great food" restaurants. It's often the service and the ambience that seal the deal. Limelight struck out big time on both counts. I've not been a fan of the 'decent food, horrid service' Kevin Taylor chain of retaurants that swarm the DCPA area, and in this respect, Limelight did not disappoint.
- Excellent service and food.NorthenderDined on 4/1/2008Excellent service and food. Looking forward to returning to try other items on the menu. Perfect if you have a play to attend. They are very careful to insure that you are served in a timely manner.Special Features:
- BEST DISH IS THE TENDERLOINOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2008BEST DISH IS THE TENDERLOIN WITH BERNAISE! GLAD YOU HAVE CHOPIN VODKA.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2008We were very pleased with the service. Perfect for supper on a theatre night.Special Features:
- Delighted to have you fillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008Delighted to have you fill this spot. We needed a good place for lunch or dinner before or after the theater. Enjoyed my first visit lunch) and have plans for dinner this Saturday. I was delighted with the prompt service often needed when you are trying to go to a show.
- They did an excellent jobtherealistVIPDined on 3/28/2008They did an excellent job on the timing of the meal and service. As we were going to the theatre from there it was much appreciated. Would definitely recommend for pre-theater and it's great to have a good restaurant in that convenient space. Thought the menu was a rehash of other Kevin Taylor restaurants and could use some updating as well as lightening up. The choices were not too inspiring although the execution was good on the items we had.
- I was one of 4 people in myOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2008I was one of 4 people in my group, but only 2 of us had entrees. The gnocchi was rated as very good by my friend, but my tuna dish was not great. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I thought it was supposed to be served with Ponzu sauce. Instead, it tasted like 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar had been poured over it. It was very tart and acidic and lacked even the usual sweetness I associate with balsamic vinegar, let alone the more complex flavors of a good Ponzu sauce.
- We are very frequently atBojiVIPDined on 3/27/2008We are very frequently at the DCPA and are so pleased to have Limelight arrive. We like the food, the space and decor. The waitstaff does a good job---altho' I feel at times they are robots---rather detached in some way. They are certainly FAST enough! We loved JOU JOU and went there countless times. We continue to love Prima. The minute you went through the door you were glad to be there---great staff, food etc etc---very comfortable place to relax and have dinner before an event. However---Limelight doesn't present the same friendly atmosphere and staff. At times they have even been a bit snippy re. a question. They need to loosen up, relax and----well I just can't put it into words. Something is missing. What is it? jma
- Service was great. Salad excellent,KarenKDined on 3/27/2008Service was great. Salad excellent, filet excellent, dessert sent back,lobster was just okay, smoked corn chowder was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent renovation of thisSeekVIPDined on 3/27/2008Excellent renovation of this location in the Denver Performing Arts Complex. Very bright and modern decor. Interesting menu and outstanding service make thisw an excellent pre-theater or post-theater choice.Special Features:
- Dissapointed, the decor isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2008Dissapointed, the decor is cold, cheap and uncomfortable. This restaurant is always so convienent and we were pleased that K Taylor took it over. They took advantage of the location and simply did this restaurant cheap and cafeteria style but with his usual prices. There are so many other ways to retro this restaurant inexpensively but plastic furniture and a stark room just don't cut it. The food was good not great, the service was very good. This location gets lots of 50+ people and it certainly doesn't fit the profile of what the theatre district needed. Warm up the room and adjust the menu and you'll fill this place all of the time.
- I have the same comment forDukeDined on 3/24/2008I have the same comment for almost all resturants, the cost of wine by the bottle is way over board. They are charging 3-4 times the liqour store prices!Special Features:
- we had a very enjoyable evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008we had a very enjoyable evening. the food was excellent as was the service. a bit pricey, but worth it because of the closeness to the theatres.Special Features:
- Very handing to the DenversallyVIPDined on 3/22/2008Very handing to the Denver Center Theater Complex. We will go there again.
- In general, most times weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008In general, most times we have been there have been good experiences. Not always. Our last visit there, last Friday evening, was one of the good experiences.Special Features:
- The service was inconsistentRobertFVIPDined on 3/21/2008The service was inconsistent and not up to the standards of a fine restaurant. The waitress was totally at a loss when asked to decant the wine and finally advised that they had no decanters (we used a water pitcher). Although appetizers were ordered in advance, they took a long time to arrive and salads were then forced on us before we had taken more than a bite or two of the appetizers (the restaurant was totally empty at the time). Clearing of plates, refilling of water, roll basket, etc. was very inconsistent during the meal and extremely intrusive. The food was very good, the decor is clean and elegant, and, of course, the location is very convenient for events at the DCPA. Not the level of service I expected, though.Special Features:
- For someone like me who doesn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2008For someone like me who doesn't eat red meat and prefers not to eat fried foods, the menu options are severely limited. On the pre-theatre brunch menu, it asks that no substitutions be made. Fortunately I was able to secure a salad instead of fries, but many of the otherwise semi-vegetarian entries had bacon and so were out for me. It's a lovely restaurant, very convenient, nice spacing among the tables, but ...