Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
1355 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ktrg.net/limelight-supper-club-and-lounge/
- Phone: 7202279984
- Hours of Operation:
For information about pre-show availability, and reservations, call (720) 227-9984.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available from Kevin Taylor Catering. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: 14th and Curtis Streets, in the DPAC
- Public Transit: We are two blocks from the Colorado Convention Center and Lightrail stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Garage on Arapahoe between 14th and 13th or under the Complex on 13th Street. Take the elevators to the main level (3), and immediately turn to right.
A word from Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
This chic, modern venue, centrally-located within the Denver Center for Performing Arts, is a popular gathering place for theater attendees and downtown diners alike. Serving dinner on performance days, as well as brunch prior to weekend matinées, it is perhaps most popular for a quick intermission cocktail. Guests are even allowed to carry a glass of wine back to the lobby of their theatres!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Limelight has lost its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The Limelight Suppler Club & Lounge has lost its luster. What used to be the perfect restaurant for a nice meal before theater is now an overpriced hodgepodge of poorly prepared and served small portions of bland fodder.
- Great food right next to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014Great food right next to the Theatre - friendly staff and delicious food. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to dine before a showItsshowtimeDined on 3/6/2014The location is perfect if you are going to see a show at the performing Art Center The food and wine was very excellent. The staff got us in food out in entry of time to make our show ( less than an hour)... I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicediscojimDined on 3/5/2014great service is the most important thing to me and I did received all of the above .Special Features:
- Very short-handed staff wise.BertDined on 3/4/2014Very short-handed staff wise. Made service less than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before Theatre SpotdaecoloradoDined on 3/1/2014If you've got DCPA tickets and need a bite to eat before, the Limelight is your place. Service is efficient and mindful of curtain times, food is very good and continental portions so you don't feel heavy before the show, and what could be better than to take 20 steps outside the door and you're at the theatre! Maybe the best part is the Limelight is open late so after the theatre or concert you can duck in for coffee and dessert and wait out the traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but really loudJdniDined on 3/1/2014The place is great but it needs some fabric to absorb all,that noise when it fills upSpecial Features:
- Great location1happyelderDined on 3/1/2014I dine often at The Limelight when I'm attending a DCPA performance and it's always a treat. I was there with a friend last Saturday. Our server couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I normally enjoy my lunch but this time was a bit disappointed. I decided to try something new - the steak sandwich with fried onions and bacon jam. My entree wasn't up to The Limelight's normally high standards. There was very little steak and what there was was quite fatty. Bacon jam was almost non-existent. I think the next time I go I'll stick to either the burger or the lamb pita (both of which I've had numerous times and been happy with). The steak sandwich is not recommended.
- Appetizers & Drinks Before ShowNiteOutOnTheTownDined on 2/28/2014Our dinner reservation was an hour before the show, so we played it safe and ordered appetizers and drinks only. I ordered the “boneless” chicken wings chipotle teriyaki, with sesame carrot salad. The shaved carrot salad was very good, but the chicken drummettes "w/bone", although attractively presented, were tough. My husband's pork belly sliders were big on the bun, but scant on the pork. I could not taste the pork at all. We ordered a crab cake, which was good. Specialty drinks on the drinks menu were in the $8 range; however, our martinis were $12. I love the atmosphere of the restaurant and its Mid-Century modern design. The staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitJimDeniseDined on 2/28/2014This was our second visit and again it was great. Last time we had no reservation but the friendly staff managed to find a space for us. This time we had reserved and had a lovely table. Food is great, sensible portions so when you go to a show in the theatre you don't feel bloated and uncomfortable. Great location for a pre theatre meal of courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Million Dollar Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/26/2014The food was great and the service was very outstanding. Highly recommend it to anyone that is going to the theatre.Special Features:
- Great food right near theatreLetDownDined on 2/20/2014Surprisingly good food and service. My 3 yo even had a wonderful supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So convenientJoViDined on 2/19/2014If you are going to an event in the DCPA complex, you can't ask for a better place. Convenience, excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat before goingcustomerDined on 2/19/2014Good place to eat before going to a show at the DCPA. Service is friendly and efficient, but food could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was a pleasure.SueLDined on 2/18/2014I have been to the restaurant several times for lunch before a show. This time we went for dinner. The food was very good but the service was what made the experience so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Before BalletRosemaryDined on 2/16/2014Took two teenagers for lunch. I have special dietary needs and the waiter was very receptive and helpful. We all enjoyed our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it!EdieDined on 2/15/2014This is my favorite evening: Dinner at the Limelight and a show at the DCPA. The restaurant is so convenient, the food is always great, and somehow they manage to hire only the nicest staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before ballet matineeBalletloverDined on 2/15/2014My sister and I buy season tickets to the Colorado Ballet as something we enjoy doing as sisters. We attend 2 pm Saturday matinee performances and always have lunch first at The Limelight. We can enjoy lunching together as sisters and catching up on everything and never worry about being late for the ballet performance. The food is always lovely and the wait-staff courteous and friendly. Perfect location to the theaters in the Performing Arts Center.Special Features:
- Lime light will light up your nightJBurnerDined on 2/14/2014Service was fantastic and knowledgeable drinks were well made and promptly delivered. We will be back to enjoy more of the menu and hopefully catch a show at the PAC next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good at what it shouldbuckfredDined on 2/12/2014very good at what it should be; dining before theatre
- Food was great - Service not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014We made reservations prior to a play on a Sunday night. The restaurant was not full, but service was very slow. Took about 15 mins to get a glass of wine, when the bread basket came (after we had to ask for it) it had 3 rolls (we were a party of 4). The waiter seems put out with requests we made (and we were not demanding - we had to ask him to take our order after 20 mins!). The food was very good - but very disappointed with the service.
- TOO SLOWdisappointedVIPDined on 2/4/2014Having dined at Limelight several times...we have learned not to order three courses...we have even cut it down to two...this time we ordered ONLY an entree, thinking if we had time we would get a dessert. We knew what we wanted when the waitress came to the table and ordered promptly, reminding her we had a 6:30 show. We arrived and seated at 5:20 pm and received our only item at 6:00! It was not that busy...only the main dining room had guests and not all of the tables were full. Other than the conveience, I see no reason to dine at the Limelight if you are going to a show.
- Nice surprise of great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/3/2014Nice surprise of great service and food before a show.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointingCaroleDined on 2/3/2014This is a very pleasant restaurant for a meal before seeing any of the shows at the DCPA. I have been here before and had found the food to be served quickly and to be quite good. This time the service was slower than I remembered. Even though we were there 2 hours before the performance we were attending, we did not get out of there until 15 minutes before the performance. I recomment their Butternut Squash Soup, it is very good. Their appetizers are quite good as well. The desserts are to die for! Our entrees: Sea Bass and Filet Mignon were dry and overcooked. Will try something else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DinnerLisaMaeDined on 2/2/2014I think it is perfect for a night before the theater!Special Features:
- Lunch before Mama MiadowntowngirlDined on 2/2/2014Great for people attending any of the Perforning Arts activities. Food was very good, limited brunch & lunch menu. Dessert was amazing. I recomend the Bread Pudding!!! We had a group of four and the servive was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating before TheaterstickleyDined on 2/2/2014Pretty disappointing experience. Food was bland, VERY expensive for the serving size, waiter didn't return often (water was only filled once--when we sat down!). We thought this would be convenient to the Buell for a nice meal before our theater tickets, but we'll never go there again. Our sandwich and salad, chintzy appetizer and 2 hot drinks cost $75!!! OUCH!!
- Convenient!buddyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great place to eat something fabulous prior to a show - Never felt rushed and they were always aware of the time to get to the show.Special Features:
- Food excellent, great serviceGoldbugDined on 1/30/2014Quality of food was excellent, price was reasonable, great place to go if you are attending a function in that vincity. Waitstaff asked us right away about our time, thought that was a good touch.Special Features:
- Good Spot for Pre-theatre diningSeekVIPDined on 1/30/2014We had a very good meal at Limelight. The menu is not extensive but broad enough for most tastes. The service was very attentive. This is a good spot for a pre-show dinner and drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater GemTheolddogDined on 1/28/2014Went here for occasion, stayed for food.. Shone immediately to our table. Service attentive but not intrusive. Pacing was perfect, enabled us to make our curtain time without rushing. Meal attractively presented and done to our specifications. Wine pour a bit short. A good experience all around.Special Features:
- So SoTJ2013Dined on 1/28/2014I used to really like the Limelight. It seems like things have slipped a bit in the last year or so. For the price it should be better. Steak was cold when it arrived at the table.
- Lunch at LimelightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014Food was good. Waitress was very pleasant and gave good service.We were hoping to have a more extensive menu like the supper menu. We were surprised at the small number of choices.Special Features:
- another nice meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014We have visited Limelight many times now and each time has been a good experience. It is the perfect place to visit prior to going to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limelight twice in one day.MaryannDined on 1/25/2014I was at Limelight with a good friend for lunch, Saturday, January 25th before seeing Evita. I was back at Limelight for dinner that same night with 2 other friends before seeing Dianne Reeves. The location of Limelight is perfect for those of us when we are attending any of the many wonderful productions at DCPA. They have reduced the size of the restaurant and changed the configuration to tall tables in the east portion of the restaurant. Now they've added an outdoor coffee/beverage booth. Thank you, Limelight! Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, but leave enough time.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2014This is the place to dine if you have plans to attend the DCPA and only want to park once. It is across the plaza (30 feet) from the Buell Theatre. If you plan to see a production and have dinner first, I would recommend reservations at least 2 hours before the curtain time. We had reservations at 5:30 and tickets for Evita at 7:30. When we walked in the dining room was fairly empty, but by 6:15 it was packed. Most orders go in at the same time, so the people who sat down at 6:15 and after were rushed to finish in time. I would recommend the Lemon Thyme Chicken entree, delicious. We got our dinner in plenty of time, and strolled over to the theater by 7:15. A bit pricey, no surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All over niceConnelllDined on 1/19/2014Food was good. Nice size small plates/appetizers. Drinks were interesting. WIne selection was good. Then house wine was worth drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for theater goerssaladgalDined on 1/19/2014We have eaten brunch here before going to the matinee at the Buell but this time we had an early dinner after the menu. Lots more choices for my gluten free needs. Just park once and enjoy food and the show. We enjoy sitting close to the windows and watching the foot traffic going by. Food is also delicious too.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnernaniDined on 1/19/2014We had dinner following Evita: it was calm, quiet, and very pleasurable. The waitress was fantastic! The food delicious. The menu included soup, salads, appetizers, and entries. One can order whatever fits their need . . . the dessert was wonderful!Special Features:
- Pre show dinnerDeniseDined on 1/16/2014Great place for dinner before a show. The staff is aware of the time frame and serves accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.