Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.timpanochophouse.net/
- Phone: 9544629119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open until 1am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Asher Roebuck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available in a limited delivery area.
- Entertainment: L
A word from Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale
Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Timpano Italian Chophouse - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (23)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing serviceluvzuccheroDined on 3/20/2014It was our first time at Timpano and my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. Everything was excellent, the food, the waitress, the ambiance, the service. I would definitely recommend this restaurants to family and friends.Special Features:
- Overall a good experience.EzdanDined on 3/15/2014We were a little disappointed with our table, close to the kitchen, bathrooms and traffic. Mussels were excellent. Relatively good wine list. Service was good. Waitress was friendly and helpful. Noise level was a little high. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingTorryDined on 3/15/2014The food and service were very good and it is a very nicely decorated restaurant. It was expensive but I expected that. Unfortunately, the noise level was so high that it was very difficult to enjoy ourselves or carry on any kind of normal conversation. Others might find this acceptable but it would probably keep me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be BackGlad2BHereDined on 3/13/2014This was my second experience with Timpano's Must have "lucked out" the first time with food and service, but this was atrocious.People packed in so closely, it was almost impossible for servers to make their way through. We were a party of six. I don't mind paying high prices for food, but the "petite filet" was the size of a meatball, and side dishes all a la carte.Our server did his best, but there was an extremely long wait for our dinners. My meal was three scallops. The salads were at least generous and saved us all. Oh yes, and the slat missing on the floor beneath my seat, almost caused me to topple over. The waiter was apparently aware of it, but gave no cautionary warning. Too many good restaurants to tolerate this one. Too bad.
- great price for great foodkantbyluvDined on 3/9/2014Chicken picatta was great two large chicken breasts and the sauce was amazing. Two drinks,one appetizer,two meals and a side dish was $70 and we both had take away boxes. Definetly going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time very disappointedLucianoDined on 3/9/2014I was at this restaurant three times before and enjoyed it every time. This time food and service was at best mediocre. The waiter fast talking and rushing while talking to me and the guests. Clams skillet had half of the clams not opened, the tuna that should been seared at best saw the heat for a minute and was COLD, the waiter kept dirty dishes on the table and never checked with us.Restaurant was not busy. I may give them one more try but bad service and food all at once is hard to digest.Special Features:
- TimpanoHarryVIPDined on 3/1/2014Overall a nice dining experience. Perhaps a bit pricey. Examples: scallops $25 for three scallops. A mahi mahi special cost $35and that is not an expensive fish.Special Features:
- Crowded and very noisyDonnaVIPDined on 2/28/2014Mussels were the only highlight. Fish was so so. Steak and veal chop arrived cold and it took forever. Sadly I can never recommend this place.not worth the money!Special Features:
- good business dinnermlibDined on 2/23/2014Food was very good and the atmosphere was good for a business dinner. Unlike other times I have been there, the noise level was not bad and easy to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ear Plugs!VecchiatoDined on 2/22/2014The layout of tables are horribly done since the service people walk by all sides of your table. There's no quite corner in this place. The closer you get towards the service's station the louder it gets. Workers have no regard for your dinning experience with flatware being thrown around every second. If they have live entertainment you can't hear. Salmon was overcooked although we asked for medium. Same goes for the NY strip.Special Features:
- Food great, service so soKvanDined on 2/22/2014Food was very good. Service was not very attentive, Although waitress was friendly she never came around. When our desserts were delivered we asked for some extra plates to share and they never came so we just had to make do. Never were offered a drink refill. My husbands meal was wrong, he ordered chicken piccata and chicken Marsala arrived. One thing, I ordered the filet and got the Marsala cream sauce. Don't do this as it was the consistency of water. Everything else was great.Special Features:
- A very nice place for a lunchKAS1VIPDined on 2/21/2014A very nice place for a lunch on Las Olas. Food was good. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had put a group of 6 friendscanadianfoodieVIPDined on 2/18/2014I had put a group of 6 friends together for a dinner at Timpano,After ordering our drinks, I raved about the special mussels and despite their small size this time of year,everyone enjoyed this appetizer. The unfortunate part was that soon after we were seated,our waiter had disappeared.! It took some time to sort out why we weren't being taken care of,and finally another waiter filled in for the first one.We had some dinner salads after our mussels,and finished with coffee. Despite the tasty food,the evening was somewhat diasappointing. Hopefully the next time will be better.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmichaelDined on 2/16/2014marginal at best. my steak was over done and my guests dinner was awful
- Sorry, OverratedMandMDined on 2/16/2014We were expecting a LOT more from this Italian "Chop House". Food was average (at best) and overpriced. Side pasta was actually WAY over cooked too! Our waiter was very nice and knowledgeable, but since the tables are SO close to each other, the waitress from another table kept bumping into my wife while serving her table.....with not even an apology! We were truly looking forward to dining here, but we left very disappointed. When we look for another Italian dining experience, we'll seek another place, sorry.Special Features:
- A great spot to have a reallyjaynie11Dined on 2/15/2014A great spot to have a really nice dinner. I like that it is located on Las Olas.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBethVIPDined on 2/15/2014Timpano is a great place fir lmost any occasion..big city atmosphere...Good food. Always good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJulesDined on 2/15/2014We were celebrating my birthday on Saturday evening. The mussels were excellent as were the steaks. The meatball appetizer was not anything to write home about. Overall, we had a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINE Italian DinningStanleyDined on 2/15/2014Reservation: Was Seated Promptly Service: Attentive and Courteous Appetizer: FRESH, The Best Calamari I have EVER... Meals: Both Meals presentations were Smart and Inviting, Pork Osso Bucco with Rissoto was Fall Off The Bone DELICIOUS Chicken Fancese was PERFECTLY Seasoned and Well portioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Valentines day!BelugaVIPDined on 2/14/2014We always have a great experience here. Festively decorated for Valentines Day. The hostesses were awesome, and were able to seat us were we requested. Sam made another perfect esspressotini. Tom was helpful, attentive, and fabulous, as always. Great music and we will, of course, be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit outsideGg77VIPDined on 2/12/2014When we arrived table was not ready so they suggested outside open seating! It would be nice if there was a waitress assigned .lesson hostesses PAY ATTENTIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service Consistently GreatWineGal33VIPDined on 2/11/2014I think Timpanos is the best resaurant on Las Olas both for lunch and dinner. The food is great, the restaurant has a vibrant ambiance, and the services is by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2014This place still does well despite increased competition. Food is good and there is a variety of dishes for lunch from salads to more solid food. Service is efficient and one can get in and out quickly if needed.Special Features:
- A welcome change in Ft.LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Great choice of dishes. Six of us shared an assortment of appetizers ranging from mussels and clams to meatballs and pasta. Everything was superb, but tell them to go easy with the salt on the clams. Nice atmosphere and not too noisy, Good service and reasonably priced. Will definitely dine there again when I return to FT. Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitGillyakVIPDined on 2/8/2014Terrific menu, creative and varied. Food quality is gourmet like. Good prices and service. Try the roasted mussels and creamy polenta for special dishes. Fun crowd, nice bar and outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many olasprofjoeVIPDined on 2/8/2014West of US 1 on a Saturday on Los Alos is no longer a quiet retreat with easy parking. Maybe it was Rothsteins return but we were put in their overflow room, food showed up an hour late--overcooked rare and tiny veal chop at a chop house! The poor waiter apologized but no maitre d and a "sorry" alone is just an expression of our review of a sloppy restaurant. Scallops okay, piccata picky. Bread was good and the wine was fine. Not sure why there was so many bursting restaurants and bars over here at night. Maybe try it for business lunch next year.Special Features:
- Great like always. Thank you.DieTuDined on 2/7/2014Great like always. Thank you. Nice service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great place for food and music.SunshineDined on 2/7/2014If you are like me, too old for clubs but enjoy crowds and music, don't mind a loud fun atmosphere, enjoy wonderful food (especially their amazing mussels) then Timpano's is definitely the place for you!!! Great spot for dates, friends and out of town guests!!Special Features:
- great food & waiterLoisDined on 2/4/2014we drove down from Palm Beach to meet friends--picked Timpano, because we were there last winter and had great food & waiter. My guests really enjoyed it also--and we had same waiter as last year--TOP serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once again...ChrisVIPDined on 2/3/2014STOPPED BY FOR DINNER DURING A RECENT OVERNIGHT IN FORT LAUDERDALE. WE HAD BEEN HERE BEFORE AND IT WAS AS GOOD THIS TIME AS IT WAS THE LAST TIME.Special Features:
- great recipes and selectionsSRRHRDined on 2/1/2014i ordered salmon medium rare, and it came well done. cheerfully gave me new one almost done correctly. flavors good. choices good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongAventuradinerVIPDined on 1/28/2014On of my favorite and most consistent places on Las Olas. Great food, great scene, I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- My Veal chop was very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014My Veal chop was very small and fatty. Other portions were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and FoodSoFlaFoodieDined on 1/25/2014Was really nice, the steak was perfectly seared and seasoned, and the mozzarella appetizer was freshly prepared and so was the dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Another great experience!! Will be back in few weeks!!Special Features:
- BlandhmacDined on 1/20/2014Great appetizers. Bland expensive entrees, overpriced drinks. I've found that any place that pushes sauces and add-ons for steaks or chops, usually has lousy bland unseasoned steaks and chops without them. That was the case here, a scrawny sad little bland veal chop for real veal chop money. I won't be back.
- ServiceOPSLDined on 1/18/2014Our waiter was very inattentive. We had to find the manager to request a replacement.Special Features:
- Awesome Spot, The Lady LOVED ITSeanDined on 1/17/2014Great Food Great Atmosphere, Even better service. I'll be back VERY SOON!Special Features:
- Second great visit in a week!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014This is my second visit to Timpano in the last three days. This time I brought my wife, we sat down in the front outside tables because the weather was perfect, after the sun went down it got a little chilly so the busser brought us a heater and put it next to the table, it made our experience perfect! Kiana gave us great service and the food was superb, this time we had the bruschetta which started it perfectly and then had the ribeye and the shrimp fra diavolo for dinner along with the truffle mac and cheese. Wow!! The thing that impresses me the most about Timpano is how busy they are, the bar is jumping and the live jazz is great!! Will be back next month when we come down for some more beach time!!Special Features:
- Has gone downhill!JudypitutyVIPDined on 1/16/2014Food is average. Best thing to do here is have drinks and apps/ salads. Entrees are off. We had the veal piccata and sent it back , couldn't even chew it. Then ordered the Burata salad - it was lame. The Burata cheese was something I have never seen before! And I've had some good Burata ! The past 2 times I've been there have been a disaster. Go for the mussels which are FAB and drinks, call it a day!Special Features: